Avenged Sevenfold

Co-Op Issues On Xbox One

It’s 2018!!!

Still no solution. I love this game, beat it on both console platforms. But I did so alone because I could not play with my friends. I know it’s an internal problem and not a internet problem because I can quick join as a human and a zombie, but I cannot join my friends as either. ‘This session is no longer available.’ Come on. They still release new updates for weapons, mutations, and enemies. But they can not patch this problem for the select few who are obviously having it. Why should I have to change to IPv4 for ONE game. I think I will stop playing until I hear good news. 

P.S. This problem is occouring on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Please fix this because it is still a good game, would just be better to play with people I know. 

-Tuesday, June 27th 2018-

To Whom It May Concern,

Dear Techland, you got both me and my brother's money for this game we just bought on Xbox One, ***specifically*** for playing co-op. I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR HARD EARNED CASH.

That being said, the co-op is broken beyond belief:

-My D-Link DIR-655 is not even IPV6 capable (as it's apparently an issue), but support 802.11N and connect at 30ms WIFI latency, 9ms with Ethernet cable, over a dedicated 100/30 megabit cable internet connection. No VPN used. The DNS server is the ultra fast 1.1.1.1 with 1.0.0.1 as the backup. QOS is enabled and configured.

-Each X-Box have their own specific static NAT addresses (in the high 50K range, which is usually more compatible), manually configured in both the router and the 2 X-Boxes (No UPnP).

-No other games give us any online co-op  problems: GTA V, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Diablo 3, Destiny, etc... all while using Skype in the background for communication!

-With a 100mb download pipe, I can stream multiple 4K streams, simultaneously. Bandwidth and latency are clearly not the issue here. 

-And yes, we are on the same network and no, this doesn't justify your game not working properly, peer-to-peer or not, as everything is setup properly and should also work properly, even on the same network, as everything else we are using does already as the proof.

-The online game mode was set to "public" on both console (also tried friends only) and the human co-op mode was enabled.

-We both finished the prologue. We are at 8% and 22% completion respectively.

-Tried to start a new game on both console to try to connect immediately after co-op mode is unlocked.

-Tried to connect while in the same safe house. Tried to connect outside of a safe house.

-Tried to boot fresh, start "Dying Light" and hit "'continue" on my X-Box and immediately inviting a friend.

-Tried to re-boot both console and connect multiple times in all manner imaginable over the last few days

-I disconnected all smart phone, smart TV, laptops, the NAS, the Workstation and tablets from the network so only the 2 X-Boxes remain connected to the DHCP server.

-An HP gigabit switch was also removed from the router, just in case.

-I obviously rebooted the modem and the router.

-The game says on both console that our NAT is open and there should be no problem with online.

-Re-did all of this in different orders, multiple times.

But every single time it give the error "The session you have attempted to join is no longer available". My brother does not even show up as my friend on your online connection page within the game! I must select him on the X-Box OS menu to join the game! Then I see my brother name tag actually joining my game for a brief moment and then boom, error. A "quick join" session was achieved with strangers, 2 times, out of 12 unsuccessful attempts, and that's the best result we got. Impossible to connect with any friends.     

The internet is littered with very frustrated players like me plagued with the online game issues at forums like Reddit and Steam, just to name 2. It's not the exception, it's the rule, on all platforms. This game has been out since 2015 and still get new DLC, so I can only assume the rumors you abandoned the "Dying Light" player base is false. But then again, you guys are on record, multiple times, on multiple forums, over the last 3 freakin years, that this nightmare will be fixed "soon." Please note that your very loose definition of "soon" is not acceptable anymore.

I have *1* very specific question. I'll say this this only once, so read very carefully:

When, ***EXACTLY***, will the "Dying Light" co-op mode be fixed? I want a precise month, preferably in 2018... 

You dropped the ball so hard and for so long on that one that nothing less than an absolute commitment will do at this point as your credibility is now at zero. I hope you understand you can't possibly say "soon" like 32 times in a row over a 3 years period and expect people to still trust you, right? Please, I implore you, do not force our collective hands toward an all out Twitter and Youtube retaliation campaign to denounce your corporate dubious practices of lying about a functional co-op mode (as STILL specified on X-Box store "Dying Light" description and features) and push for a boycott of "Dying Light 2". Just do the professional and responsible thing you should have done over 2 years and a half ago: Fix this broken POS ASAP. Or remove the co-op mode entirely and refund us all?!?

Your move, Techland. What will it be? Co-op, or no Co-op? That's the black and white question we're all asking after 3 long years and after you sold nearly 14 million copies of this game and pilling on our money ever since. Do not make the "Dying Light 2" 800 million dollars mistake of being in contempt of us all... The clock is ticking.

Sincerely,

Ramon

On 6/26/2018 at 9:39 PM, Ramon said:

To Whom It May Concern,

Dear Techland, you got both me and my brother's money for this game we just bought on Xbox One, ***specifically*** for playing co-op. I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR HARD EARNED CASH.

-My D-Link DIR-655 is not even IPV6 capable (as it's apparently an issue), but support 802.11N and connect at 30ms WIFI latency, 9ms with Ethernet cable, over a dedicated 100/30 megabit cable internet connection. No VPN used. The DNS server is the ultra fast 1.1.1.1 with 1.0.0.1 as the backup. QOS is enabled and configured.

-Each X-Box have their own specific static NAT addresses (in the high 50K range, which is usually more compatible), manually configured in both the router and the 2 X-Boxes (No UPnP).

-No other games give us any online co-op  problems: GTA V, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Diablo 3, Destiny, etc... all while using Skype in the background for communication!

-With a 100mb download pipe, I can stream multiple 4K streams, simultaneously. Bandwidth and latency are clearly not the issue here. 

-And yes, we are on the same network and no, this doesn't justify your game not working properly, peer-to-peer or not, as everything is setup properly and should also work properly, even on the same network, as everything else we are using does already as the proof.

-The online game mode was set to "public" on both console (also tried friends only) and the human co-op mode was enabled.

-Tried to start a new game on both console to try to connect immediately after co-op mode is unlocked.

-Tried to connect while in the same safe house. Tried to connect outside of a safe house.

-Tried to boot fresh, start "Dying Light" and hit "'continue" on my X-Box and immediately inviting a friend.

-Tried to re-boot both console and connect multiple times in all manner imaginable over the last few days

-I disconnected all smart phone, smart TV, laptops, the NAS, the Workstation and tablets from the network so only the 2 X-Boxes remain connected to the DHCP server.

-The game says on both console that our NAT is open and there should be no problem with online.

But every single time it give the error "The session you have attempted to join is no longer available". My brother does not even show up as my friend on your online connection page within the game! I must select him on the X-Box OS menu to join the game! Then I see my brother name tag actually joining my game for a brief moment and then boom, error. A "quick join" session was achieved with strangers, 2 times, out of 12 unsuccessful attempts, and that's the best result we got. Impossible to connect with any friends.     

The internet is littered with very frustrated players like me plagued with the online game issues at forums like Reddit and Steam, just to name 2. It's not the exception, it's the rule, on all platforms. This game has been out since 2015 and still get new DLC, so I can only assume the rumors you abandoned the "Dying Light" player base is false. But then again, you guys are on record, multiple times, on multiple forums, over the last 3 freakin years, that this nightmare will be fixed "soon." Please note that your very loose definition of "soon" is not acceptable anymore.

I have *1* very specific question. I'll say this this only once, so read very carefully:

When, ***EXACTLY***, will the "Dying Light" co-op mode be fixed? I want a precise month, preferably in 2018... 

You dropped the ball so hard and for so long on that one that nothing less than an absolute commitment will do at this point as your credibility is now at zero. I hope you understand you can't possibly say "soon" like 32 times in a row over a 3 years period and expect people to still trust you, right? Please, I implore you, do not force our collective hands toward an all out Twitter and Youtube retaliation campaign to denounce your corporate dubious practices of lying about a functional co-op mode (as STILL specified on X-Box store "Dying Light" description and features) and push for a boycott of "Dying Light 2". Just do the professional and responsible thing you should have done over 2 years and a half ago: Fix this broken POS ASAP. Or remove the co-op mode entirely and refund us all?!?

Your move, Techland. What will it be? Co-op, or no Co-op? That's the black and white question we're all asking after 3 long years and after you sold nearly 14 million copies of this game and pilling on our money ever since. Do not make the "Dying Light 2" 800 million dollars mistake of being in contempt of us all... The clock is ticking.

Sincerely,

Ramon

This is brilliant post! My friends and I had been enjoying the game and then one day it just stopped allowing us to connect.  We have tried all kinds of forum band-aid fixes to no avail.  I will not purchase Dying Light 2 if this never gets fixed.  Which let's be honest, will more than likely not happen.  The game is only fun with friends.  No other game gives us this problem, so the problem is Dying Light.  The proof is in every forum for years.  Not one real solution has ever been given.

Ramon is the Hero we deserve but not the Hero we need right now.  Step up Techland and let us once again parkour the streets with friends!

On 6/27/2018 at 12:39 AM, Ramon said:

To Whom It May Concern,

Sincerely,

Ramon

Still nothing.. right there with you Ramon. I at least want my money back at this point.

My friend and I used to play DL co-op often, then life happened and we didn't have time. Earlier this year we tried to get it to work again and every time got the connection failed error. It would get right up to where I could hear sound from the game and then tell me it failed and dump me out. We tried everything we could think of, had OpenNAT on both sides and it was still broken. Finally my friend had the idea to uninstall DLC he had installed that I didn't. Boom! It started working...finally after routinely being disappointed. Disclaimer, I also had tried deleting my saved games for DL and resyncing them at the same time he removed DLC, so that might have been it also, but I think it more likely that it was matching DLC.

Hope this helps anybody else frustrated by not able to get co-op working.

Edited by ObiWan

Ok guys I need to give you all an update. So my buddy and I had the same issues everyone else has had but we managed to get it to finally work. Here is what we did:

we set set game to public

turned off zombie invasion

uninstalled all DLC so only base game remained. ( very important) 

then turned off game

then and This seemed to be the most important but needs to be done after the rest; we HARD reset the Xbox. For those of you who don’t know how that is done you need to hold the power button on the actual machine for 5 seconds until the entire machine shuts down. It’s not a soft reset like using controller.

we rebooted machine and turned game on and we were able to join each other without problems. Hope this helps everyone else!  

Still not working :(  techland don't seem interested and can't even say if they are looking into it! I've seen paople talk about patches, assuming they download automatically or is there somewhere I can download from? 

Techland. I seriously love yall to death from when dead island came out on the 360. Ive never had the coop issues for dying light when i was on the ps4.

Now im on xbox one and i cant join my friends and they cant join me. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled. Ive hard reset my xbox one. Ive reset my router and modem. NOTHING. IS. WORKING. TECHLAND. 

Yall gotta look into this issue. Its been going on for years now as ive seen from reading everything on this post.

Release another patch or something. Please!

Give it up and sell the game its not going to happen. Techland just doesnt care enough to fix the game. Its a great game but it would be better if we could actually have friends. Ive given up and im returning it techland has lost alot of my respect on this situation. You better get rid of it now while it still has a little bit of value. 

Lmfao this company is a full and complete joke. This dumbass chupacabra told me online coop wasn’t working because I have a Xbox 1 x yoooo someone needs to smack these scam artists. Hahahaha “restart you router” “restart your Xbox” “are you game shared?” “Are you playing on the same internet?” y’all are good at asking dumb ask questions and saying its our fault ur game has been broke since 2015 don’t worry your next game won’t even sell half as much as the first. IGN is gonna out y’all pussys. And to the chupacabra dumbass on the phone stop reading off a chupacabra 2015 How to sheet like a studdering chupacabra get a new job bc you can’t read and talk for chupacabra. I told you how ur game was and you were scared over the phobut like I said less that half of your last game 

I would love to hear a reply from y’all lmfao 

Well, I am still having the exact same problem as these people did back all the way in 2015 and I find that truly upsetting. "Game session no longer available." Like why? Can someone please solve this already?

Actually I found out a few days ago from my friend that the online servers for dying light have been shutdown completely. It's sad. Good game. But techland just couldn't fix coop. Dont think I'll be buying the next dying light because of that