Ulfhedn4r

Player Take Damage Entering Water Box?

I have a flooded tunnel zone on one of my maps and I want the player to take electric damage from the water since it's electrified. How do I do that?

Also, I'm having issues using Life Graph and Life Place to make an NPC walk from one point to another. I know I have to connect the LP to the LG, but I can't seem to get it to work. Is there any special animation I need to use on my Life Place or something? Anyone who can help with this?

Thanks!

Edited by Ulfhedn4r

Hi,

Regarding the Electric Damage from Water.

This is how I have done it in the past:

• Place a ZoneBox and Change the Class to "DamagingObject".
  • Set cDamageType to "ELECTRIC".
  • Set the Max and Min Damage to numbers you find acceptable.
  • Set m_RenderingEnabled as false.
  • Finally add some FX_Emitters on top with electric sparks to make it look like it is electrified.

Hope this Helps,

Squirrel.

Note: I will take a quick squiz around for answers regarding NPC movement, I remember seeing a topic about it not long ago. I'll post a link as soon as I find it.

Link: http://forum.techland.pl/topic/10970-npc-movement/  -- This may be what you are looking for regarding NPC movement, refer to Lord Calamari's post.

Edited by Rabid Squirrel

Hi,

• Finally add some FX_Emitters on top with electric sparks to make it look like it is electrified.

Hope this Helps,

Squirrel.

Note: I will take a quick squiz around for answers regarding NPC movement, I remember seeing a topic about it not long ago. I'll post a link as soon as I find it.

Link: http://forum.techland.pl/topic/10970-npc-movement/  -- This may be what you are looking for regarding NPC movement, refer to Lord Calamari's post.

I just changed the water box to DamagingObject but it worked just as good (and kept the rendering True ofc ^^). Thanks man! 

You should really make guides for this stuff. Could potentially be very successful on Youtube.

Edited by Ulfhedn4r

I'd love to,

Finding the time is my biggest issue, not just recording my sessions but editing really takes a lot of work.

When the Holidays come around I'll probably have more time on my hands, but I can tell you that I have considered it.

Even have made a video tutorial before as well, Covers the "Advanced" basics: https://youtu.be/M33X74vLHoE

Just be careful about making a water box a different Class, may have some undesired effects if you want the player to swim through it later on.

Good Luck,

Squirrel.

Hi,

they must of update the editor or something, but i don't have neither "DamaginObject" class, cDamageType var, nor m_renderingEnabled boolean options.

what i do have and works is "DamagingFXEmiterDI", with what appears to be sub-classes with difrent types of damage (electric, smoke, etc).

i can add smoke or electricity through another object but this ZoneBox has what appears to be some options that might be able to both, through those sub-classes; do damage, and the damage visual effects.

just a matter of figuring it out! 

Edited by ricmetalster