Sign in to follow this  
Skellington25_

Variety In Weapons Severly At High Levels.

Edit: Brainfarted on the title, should have been "Variety in weapons severely decreased at high levels"

This is probably the only thing I can gripe with about this game. Love it to death, and is one of the only games I've continued playing over time since I purchased my ps4. Love it. The one problem I have is in the beginning of the game you had a pretty tight list of weapons you could find/use. Mostly pipes, wrenches, hammers, planks, and the like.  Mid-game got fun, lots of different weapons, couldn't keep tabs of what I was finding and had to pick and chose carefully as to what I sold, stored, and kept. The problem now is though, late game, I can't find anything unique. What I find? Skull Machete, dark machete, dark sickle, chupacabra sword, sacrifical short sword(90% of the time), ferocious baseball bat.

What happened to the variety I had so much fun with? I in no way mean to insult anyone, but it seems kind of silly to only let me play with a fraction of the weapons I did before late in the game. I couldn't give two chupacabra of they were chupacabra weapons either, 500Dmg range would be great, just variety is what I'm looking for. Gets kind of boring after a while when all I'm doing is one-shotting almost EVERYTHING with nothing but a sacrifical short sword or machete(dark/skull) which are the most common of the bunch. Was this intended or is it a glitch?

Edited by Skellington25_

Yeah, I find myself searching through coop lobbies for low-level players, just so I can ask them if they have any hammers, crowbars, or pickaxes for sale. Not only is it cool to have more weapon variety, but when you reach a certain level, everything you find will have 850+ damage on it, and it makes the game just way too easy. I love running around with 50-100 damage weapons, just for the challenge that it adds back to the game.

Wow, I've been off this forum (and the game as well for the most part) for nearly a year, and the issue of weapon variety at high/max level is STILL not fixed?

This issue breaks the game for me, thought I'd give it another try while waiting on fallout 4, but still have only one way to play at end game? The dlc not out yet still??? Wow, just, wow.

Any devs want to give us any reason to play this game now?

Yeah I saved an orange vicious carving hammer from the slums, that is probably my favourite weapon, but a little weak for Old Town.

Rainbow hatchet is a nice choice.

I'm always tempted to go around again just to find things like long knives - do like a cleaver too :P