Sign in to follow this  
element

Different Objectives

I believe that dying light to become more like left 4 dead's pvp would be a nice change from the one and only task being killing the nests. something like carrying a single item to a certain point making it so they cant use grappling hook would be intriguing or a protect option where they have to protect a place against the night hunter from hitting it with his fists only or protecting a person. the option to have night hunter vs night hunter mass pvp in the arena would also be kind of cool or human vs human.  hmm but with the car thing have the night hunter upgraded to be some giant like thing chasing them and killing them so sort of like a race against other humans trying not to be killed by the giant elephant night hunter.

another one that would be fun would be multiple races on foot trying to gather info on how to get a boat working so you can live till the morning since all power went out so there's no safe zones. this next one isn't really a part of objectives but having more stealth ability for humans and night hunters

Edited by element

Thanks for sharing and yup, a variety of different objectives and types of multiplayer game play, which people could customize with dev tools would be great. And if production is solid and game play is fun, I'd definitely be up for subscribing and/or paying for access to such game play. Not sure I'd want to play giant Night Hunter as I personally prefer small, nimble, and agile characters, but that's just my bias. If somebody can make a map + envision game mechanics that are viable and fun for both tiny survivors and a giant hunter elephant zombie, then why not?

Perhaps this would be a nice thread to focus ideas for different types of objectives and game play that people imagine, as discussed in various threads over the last weeks. Sure, we're in the wishful thinking department here, so I don't have expectations that anything gets realized or read, but it doesn't hurt to share ideas/experience, not excluding stuff related to other games, and perhaps consolidate them into a single thread, like some random mixed fusion buffet of ideas, for possible future zombie modes and game play.

We could try perhaps to avoid the typical disagreements on taste, even if we would personally choose not to play some mode or character, and assume good faith behind people's contributions. Nobody has to agree, and tolerating variety and learning from differences makes everybody profit from funky, unrealistic zombie dreams; not least in clarifying their position to themselves, if nothing else.

Also, people without posting history would find an open thread, where everybody's ideas are welcome and respected (even if we don't agree) less intimidating, and would be more likely to share their quality thoughts.

Edited by Chickeninja

oh and the ability to make a night hunter stronger or faster by eating other zombies. oo a puzzle while being constantly attacked by zombies would be cool. one other idea I got right now is a last man standing the longer you survive the better the rewards.