Sign in to follow this  
overmedicated

Be The Zombie, So Broken!

So playing Dying Light and reading the forums, it is a very controversial topic on Be The Zombie gameplay.  As a player of both sides I really would have to say that I agree with the hunters.  They are OP but UP at the same time.  I mean really someone can kill a hunter by simply TACKLING them?  I mean really you kill a giant overgrown super zombie by TACKLING them? Brushing shoulders? Or even kicking and dropkicking.  I could understand you kill them that way buy means of impalement  on spikes but come on.  And not to mention it only takes 3 hits with a normal 1H weapon to kill the hunter.  Don't get me started on that subject when your playing 1v4. 

My suggestion to TECHLAND and to anyone reading are as follows:

1. Damage from tackle, kick, and dropkick be abolished.  Its already a good stun, so why should it be able to kill you or do any damage to you anyway?  Like I said before its a giant mutant super zombie we're talking about, you think that would actually hurt it??  Or be a finishing move? .. no

2. The hunter has 150 HP, why?? if your in a game of 1v2, 3, or 4 you are looking at a hunter that is hunted or a hunter that has to play from a distance to avoid being killed within 2 or 3 seconds of coming into melee range.  My opinion of fixing this is to have either the hunters health or damage taken scaled to how many people are in an individual game. Hunters are not always, actually most of the time, doing the hunting..

3. UV light.. I am not against it but sometimes in a match it seems like certain players light flashes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too far than it should.  Look into this TECHLAND.

4. Going back to my second point,  Hunters melee is absolute SH*T!!  A hunter should be able to kill a human in the same amount of swings as it takes them to kill a hunter.  A puny human with a plank of wood can do more damage in half the time it takes a hunter to claw through them.  I mean REALLY??

5. GAME MODES, WHERE ARE THEY?? I am sure I speak for everyone, at least the majority, when I say there need to be multiple new game modes. From hunters and survivors to hunters vs. hunters to survivors vs. survivors.  More variation would be much appreciated by the community, chupacabra just take a poll on the website and you will find out for yourselves TECHLAND!

These are my personal opinions and suggestions and I am very interested to see your comments on the matter so please, we the gamers are the only ones that truly can change the game so please everyone needs to put their two cents in!!!

Thank you ~ Overmedicated

Edited by Chaos_Deception
Removed swear word

*ALSO*  idk if anyone else on pc is experiencing this but 9/10 times spit slam just gets stuck in charge mode, no ground slam or anything its kinda like a chicken with its head cut off and the only way to get back to normal is to press z, please hotfix.

He's not that big when  you look at him up close but I agree most of the things that kill a night hunter are silly when you take into account that he's supposed to be the "ultimate zombie predator." I mean they compare him to the likes of pyramid head and nemesis for crying out loud, at least make him live up to the legend. Right now he's nothing more than a fodder zombie (they're actually stronger than him).

I especially agree on the health scaling for matches with multiple survivors. You risk you life just to kill one person because by they time you do everyone else has ganged up on  you before you even had the chance to escape.

Edited by jcks

Don't get me started on a KOs.  You fight a human in 1v1 and you deplete his health, you get a kill.  In 1v>1, you deplete his health you get a KO.  You have to stick around long enough to get that extra three to four swings--all the while trying to keep his buddies off your behind.  Those mere two seconds have cost me numerous lives while losing most of those kills.

I think the hunter needs more attention on these level. I am level 60 mutation 3.. but this lvl 60 is so useless.

Is only for unlock skill. But is very weak anyway, 2~3 hits we can die. 2 handed weapon we can die with 2 hits.. and throwing.. 1 hit.

So.. the hunter is so very weak and unbalanced. Humans have so much advantage.. guns.. bow.. flares.. potions.. and dont have limit itens.

You can put on your inventary 999 medicpack.. i think needs some limit. Maybe 25 or less.

The vault of survivors.. is so useless because of this. Dont have limit itens on inventary.

Only weapons.

I think hunters high lvl needs more resistente.. and more hp. Or put one more hunter to hunt on the same lobby. 2 hunters its good option for balance the game too.

Edited by danilomv2

2 hunters its good option for balance the game too.

hehe two hunters will be unwinnable for humans)) but i suppose would be fun to add a couple volatile-players to hunter side, with possibility to OFF their invasion in survivors online options menu.

Edited by boobafinno

All of you are one-sided on this. I am a level 51 mutation 3 Apex Predator and a almost 3-time Ultimate Survivor (got deranked 3 times). The night hunter is also very powerful.

There's magnetic spikes. The night hunter can tackle a human off the ground and he will literally fly over walls and land on spikes. This is quite similar with ground pounds.

On the same topic, the night hunter can "No-clip" (Where the night hunter ground pounds you then tackles you, while still in the air from the ground pound). This can insta-kill the human. And it's very hard to avoid too. Even if you're spamming the jump button.

The instant ground pound. Where the night hunter misses a tackle or a pounce and then instantly ground pounds. It is easily avoidable in open areas, but in enclosed spaces, this can be quit difficult.

Holding the survivors in place by pouncing or by tackling. The hunter can easily hold the survivor in place by tackling or pouncing. And can very easily end up in death, whether it be the horde spit or the UV suppressor. While the human is trying to get up to a building the hunter can tackle and hold the survivor in place to get killed by the horde. Or while his/her back is turned the hunter can pounce the human. Y'all already know how the UV suppressor can end up in death.

Being able to tackle, just by jumping. The night hunter can jump and land next to a human, and then tackle, without a running start!

These are just some of the advantages with the night hunter, but there are many more.

I wish everyone would stop acting like survivors are supposed to be ''puny humans.'' You can jump three stories and tuck and roll without taking any damage. Hes supposed to be tough matter of fact, a max rank is like superhuman. Hes not supposed to be made of glass.

Edited by TouchTheInfinite

I have been playing this mode a lot and its why im here. My issues were dying so fast due to dropkicking and only being able to take 2-3 hits to die, not mention being insta-killed when attacked from above. Personally i find 1-2 players to be more challenging than 3-4. Also a big issue is how humans can use a shield to avoid spit when its stuck to them. Makes spit almost useless as it seems everyone knows this. Hunters are strong but there are a few things that humans can do that takes the fun out of it. If i can die in 3 hits so should they, they can insta-kill when above so at least beef the hunters defense a bit... that shield block makes half the skills useless, especially with the cooldown times.