Sign in to follow this  
ChronicPanda

Female Zombies

So I played Dying Light and I've noticed a small change with one of the female zombie models. In previous versions, there was this type of infected that would be wearing a dress with a "Hijab" on. In the final retail version of Dying Light, there are female zombie models that wear dresses as seen in the previous versions,but none don't have the hijab on them. So why was this detail removed from the final game ?

520543.jpg

Yeah i noticed this with the female zombies from the first day of release......but im 100% sure this has to do with the french terror attack on a news letter at the end of 2014 or beginning of 2015.......

i think they feared that this could rage some turkish or arab muslims.......ok i dont think that this could happen.....because black zombies and white zombies are also in the game and no one feels attack....

its poor that they left the hajib zombies.......for me it goes just about a new DIFFERENT looking zombie.....and not more....

but now they all are bald and look same... :(

the the knife and gun.....dont know.....i started a thread where i asked for very much removed things at the release, which was there in previews AND which would make the game more awesome^^

Oh and look at the preview pic from you....how great it looks when zombies got glowing eyes all the time......looks awesome....BUT THIS IS REMOVE TOO.... :o

I know this is an older post, but I think I may have an idea as to why it was removed from the final game. In some countries, (my native Canada included) the Hijab is seen as a somewhat controversial item. Right now there are debates not just about whether women should be allowed to wear them in public, but also as to whether the Hijab is a symbol of systemic oppression towards women, (news flash: It isn't.) specifically those who were born in the middle-east, or who are part of one of the various sects of the Muslim religion. Techland were most likely trying to steer clear of controversy and decided to remove the character model for fear of some people seeing it as them 'making a statement'. Hope this helps to clear things up! :)