dogeared2

Invincible Nighthunter

Hey folks :)

I was playing last night with three other guys with high powered weapons - most hunters were rage quitting, I was enjoying that because I usually get hammered 1v1.

Then this player joined and kicked our asses, between the four of us he didn't die once.

Seems like his skills were maxed out on everything, I couldn't even get close without dying.

I take it he got some kind of god mode hack. :wacko:

Unfortunately not. Prior to this guy there was a hunter that won, he was very good, I think he had a few hacks but at least we could kill him.

This guy seemed immune to the UV light and was shifting faster than anything I've ever seen.

The other thing was there was a crazy number of virals, it was mental - quite good fun actually even if it was hacks.

"God Hack" lacks a bit of precision without some video for reference. Without video as proof: what concretely was hacked or glitched? "Not getting close" is a bit unclear.

Speaking of specific blueprint/mod/hack: I've encountered more and more survivors recently who have some instant freeze ability apparently mapped to their melee weapon.

This does not only change the game up in the sense that they can ignore all zombies for duration of a freeze instantiated by 1 brush with their weapon and go straight for the nests: all the frozen zombies appear similar to survivors' human form. I found myself spitting at ice sculptures repeatedly, lol.

With such freeze blueprint/hack/mod/whatever it is (can somebody clear this up?), any hunter can be beaten by a bunch of noobs who don't even have a degree from UV Broland: they just keep reviving while freezing all zombies that approach with a touch of melee (Couldn't observe if this works with bombers), and watch/UV each others' backs for pounces. I thought I saw this on a list for weapon mods once and was unaware that it seems to become an increasing trend as such ability dissolves all need for strategy and even game play itself:

The result of one side having ability to turn all zombies into exhibits at Madame Tussauds is not hard to predict.

I don't play much BtZ as a survivor so I can't say anything about Night Hunters with "extra help."  I do know about survivor players using extra help from very subtle to blatant.  I've had enjoyable games and upon review noticed he was grappling way too far.  I've had games that I've lost in exactly 0.00 seconds.  My last one had a survivor OHK each nest and then teleport to the next nest.

I really do wish TechLand would do something about players playing with out-of-spec games.  I don't what folks banned.  I don't know if it's possible to stop mods or trainers.  However, I don't see why many or all of the game changing parameters couldn't be checked and if out of spec then a punishment exacted.  For instance, lock down players movement if any myriad of parameters are out of specs; like UV light, HP, number of items, grapple range, etc. etc. the player simply can't move until or unless the specs are normalized.  Another way could be if you teleport, use an insta-kill, or grapple too far then you lose a life or two.  Or if players are out of spec then buff the hunter with extra HP, pounce range, infinite and instant spits, and UV resistance.  On the Hunter side, use a cheat and lose a nest.

Folks will stop cheating only when it's no longer profitable.

I'm sure it can be done.

"God Hack" lacks a bit of precision without some video for reference. Without video as proof: what concretely was hacked or glitched? "Not getting close" is a bit unclear.

Speaking of specific blueprint/mod/hack: I've encountered more and more survivors recently who have some instant freeze ability apparently mapped to their melee weapon.

This does not only change the game up in the sense that they can ignore all zombies for duration of a freeze instantiated by 1 brush with their weapon and go straight for the nests: all the frozen zombies appear similar to survivors' human form. I found myself spitting at ice sculptures repeatedly, lol.

With such freeze blueprint/hack/mod/whatever it is (can somebody clear this up?), any hunter can be beaten by a bunch of noobs who don't even have a degree from UV Broland: they just keep reviving while freezing all zombies that approach with a touch of melee (Couldn't observe if this works with bombers), and watch/UV each others' backs for pounces. I thought I saw this on a list for weapon mods once and was unaware that it seems to become an increasing trend as such ability dissolves all need for strategy and even game play itself:

The result of one side having ability to turn all zombies into exhibits at Madame Tussauds is not hard to predict.

Every time I approached him I simply keeled over and died, I never even got a hit on him.

As well as the speed he seemed to have unlimited spit, slams and resistance to UV.

I was playing last night too - had a really good 1v1 which seemed like a great well balanced fight, then suddenly I can't stop him pouncing me.

A quick search confirms there are hacks like this available and much more - how depressing, it's why I can't be arsed with playing online.

I don't know of players posting videos of themselves cheating as a NH, but I come across the YouTube channel of the guy that was playing the survivor and teleporting on me the other day.  He's got a video detailing the trainer he was using.  Cheating and so proud of it that he posts videos of it.  SMH.

Every time I approached him I simply keeled over and died, I never even got a hit on him.

As well as the speed he seemed to have unlimited spit, slams and resistance to UV.

I was playing last night too - had a really good 1v1 which seemed like a great well balanced fight, then suddenly I can't stop him pouncing me.

A quick search confirms there are hacks like this available and much more - how depressing, it's why I can't be arsed with playing online.

Hmm... seems a bit puzzling. If this guy was all about winning, why would he need spits or pouncing at all if he can just touch-kill you via proximity?

Link to such material you reference as "easily available through quick search" would be helpful to all survivors who feel they are being cheated. They'd know explicitly what to look out for, which kind of screen names seem linked to which hacks, and could make up their own minds given the data.

There are also type of survivors that are new to dynamics of hunter shields, cool downs, UV etc. who'll routinely quit on yours truly, accuse of cheating because they don't understand the game mechanic yet and can't stomach a loss without insults based on their wishful thinking; e.g. failing to understand how you pounced them with timing UV shield just right + staying out of sight, for example. "You cheated cuz I had my light on you" or other such hysterical stuff happens every other game because of this simple state-of-affairs.

The latter scenario is way more common from my end playing PC, as are survivors that one-shot nests, slow-motion glitch out of perfect pounces etc. than cheating Night Hunters. I've only encountered one such hunter playing the game since almost beginning of launch. What tipped me off was that he could teleport out of bad situations, i.e. missed pounce etc.

I don't know of players posting videos of themselves cheating as a NH, but I come across the YouTube channel of the guy that was playing the survivor and teleporting on me the other day.  He's got a video detailing the trainer he was using.  Cheating and so proud of it that he posts videos of it.  SMH.

I feel that the cheats/mods etc. should be put on the table and made accessible to forum readers and posters. Even without video proof and the danger of putting dumb ideas into people's heads, you'd know who to avoid, and what kinds of phenomena indicate that one is playing in a rigged and therefore dull setting. Even if we can't get the game to change or develop, knowing the exact hacks/tricks, we can back out of senseless game play, and let the idiots ruining the game win, if it's so important to them; at least we would waste less time playing people who've managed to break/rig the game for some idiotic, short-lived, empty moment of personal glory and could stick to games where such is not the case, having more fun playing.

Edited by Chickeninja

Hmm... seems a bit puzzling. If this guy was all about winning, why would he need spits or pouncing at all if he can just touch-kill you via proximity?

Link to such material you reference as "easily available through quick search" would be helpful to all survivors who feel they are being cheated. They'd know explicitly what to look out for, which kind of screen names seem linked to which hacks, and could make up their own minds given the data.

There are also type of survivors that are new to dynamics of hunter shields, cool downs, UV etc. who'll routinely quit on yours truly, accuse of cheating because they don't understand the game mechanic yet and can't stomach a loss without insults based on their wishful thinking; e.g. failing to understand how you pounced them with timing UV shield just right + staying out of sight, for example. "You cheated cuz I had my light on you" or other such hysterical stuff happens every other game because of this simple state-of-affairs.

The latter scenario is way more common from my end playing PC, as are survivors that one-shot nests, slow-motion glitch out of perfect pounces etc. than cheating Night Hunters. I've only encountered one such hunter playing the game since almost beginning of launch. What tipped me off was that he could teleport out of bad situations, i.e. missed pounce etc.

I feel that the cheats/mods etc. should be put on the table and made accessible to forum readers and posters. Even without video proof and the danger of putting dumb ideas into people's heads, you'd know who to avoid, and what kinds of phenomena indicate that one is playing in a rigged and therefore dull setting. Even if we can't get the game to change or develop, knowing the exact hacks/tricks, we can back out of senseless game play, and let the idiots ruining the game win, if it's so important to them; at least we would waste less time playing people who've managed to break/rig the game for some idiotic, short-lived, empty moment of personal glory and could stick to games where such is not the case, having more fun playing.

Who knows. All I did was a quick google for dying light hacks and the first thread I read someone mentioned they had come across invincible hunters several times.

I won't pretend I'm even close to some of the skilled people I have come across, but I've never rage quit because it's still fun trying to kill them at least once.

Yet there are some wtf moments when you just know when you're being ripped off.

btw the guy with the alleged 'invincibility hack' had a name something like [00000[///000]]]]][[

Can something like Punkbuster be used to clamp down on cheating?

I don't see anybody denying existence of hunter hacks but as somebody who plays both sides on PC, they seem more common on survivor side.

With the amount of vitriol being tossed around, I wouldn't be surprised if people manipulated their videos of alleged cheating in post-production. This forum and similar resources, is where gaming community can pool reasonable guesses and experience; the sum total of which trumps even video proof for me, as people take their games so seriously, they would have reason to muck around in post. :rolleyes:

Policing cheaters is the wrong way to go imho. Even if one could meet the technical challenge of doing so, which is not easy/obvious; besides the rare invincible hunters, such measures would bar any survivor who doesn't want to go seaweed farming or whatever for hours before a match, and who have glitched inventories/medkits. A lot of survivors fall into that camp who payed for the game legitimately. This would:

a. stop a lot of people from playing/enjoying the mode

b. turn a zombie game into more of a legal situation from player pov

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I want to just mindlessly slay some zombies with some survivors or roll those survivors into my personal tendrilized sushi, without thinking too much of dull legal stuff and another layer of rules, dos and don'ts. I'm too lazy for that and am afraid it might make the mode more sterile or even more empty than it is, especially from hunter side.

If we were as adamant about policing our politicians as we are about policing our wins, maybe we'd elect more zombies into office who don't cheat. :D

Edited by Chickeninja

I don't see anybody denying existence of hunter hacks but as somebody who plays both sides on PC, they seem more common on survivor side.

With the amount of vitriol being tossed around, I wouldn't be surprised if people manipulated their videos of alleged cheating in post-production. This forum and similar resources, is where gaming community can pool reasonable guesses and experience; the sum total of which trumps even video proof for me, as people take their games so seriously, they would have reason to muck around in post. :rolleyes:

Policing cheaters is the wrong way to go imho. Besides rare invincible hunters, this would bar any survivor who doesn't want to go seaweed farming or whatever for hours before a match, and who have glitched inventories/medkits. A lot of survivors fall into that camp who payed for the game legitimately. This would:

a. stop a lot of people from playing/enjoying the mode

b. turn a zombie game into more of a legal situation from player pov

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I want to just mindlessly slay some zombies with some survivors or roll those survivors into my personal tendrilized sushi, without thinking too much of dull legal stuff and another layer of rules, dos and don'ts. I'm too lazy for that and am afraid it might make the mode more sterile or even more empty than it is, especially from hunter side.

If we were as adamant about policing our politicians as we are about policing our wins, maybe we'd elect more zombies into office who don't cheat. :D

Zombie MPs? Who would notice?

Guess the cheaters will always be there, came across this site https://www.iwantcheats.net/dying-light-cheats/ :mellow:

I just wanna play on a level playing field, even though the hunter is way too powerful imho, but that's another argument :)

Hurray! Someone mentions my discussion/video. I reported the guy but I doubt he got banned. Since then I haven't had any more cheating Night Hunters, but there have still been plenty of survivors exploiting/duping items. Despite so, there still needs to be an anticheat system in this mode as once any side starts cheating the match just has its fun sucked out. 

Hurray! Someone mentions my discussion/video. I reported the guy but I doubt he got banned. Since then I haven't had any more cheating Night Hunters, but there have still been plenty of survivors exploiting/duping items. Despite so, there still needs to be an anticheat system in this mode as once any side starts cheating the match just has its fun sucked out. 

Definitely.

Well I've not encountered any more cheaters, but someone did accuse me of hacking! lol, couldn't believe it - I was actually winning for once then he rage quit after I narrowly survived his horde attack :D

This video is 1 up for the non hacking legit players - one of my best and funniest vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9o88KImMSM

lol you recorded it about him cheating.. but look at you and your friends.

First of all.. the gun probably is a mod. And probably unlimited ammo.

And the UV light is so strong accuracy.. so.. its a mod or cheat hack menu.

We can see the gun shots fire.. lol.. so its a mod.

The original gun of the game doesnt happen the same.

saengjonga xIAO is a another mod speed and accuracy.. or maybe cheat menu.

Mr.Raph.. another player with mods.. the same saengjonga.. or worst.

And maybe you have a mod too.. so accuracy.. of your dropkick.. and hits.

I think.. only is invincible on the game is these 2 guys.. because they use mods.

And this hunter.. is noob too.. look at him. lol

Edited by danilomv2

Lol i don't use any mods if you are trying to say i use mods. That video is old i recently found out Xiao uses mods, he told me he has some sort of ammo/shop mod. But Mr.Raph does not. You cant say i use mods cos i don't i have hours of footage of my gameplay which is on my youtube channel but it is in private at the moment. I can swear to you i have never hacked or modded this game. But dani i know you are mago and you hack...Sigh

Lol i don't use any mods if you are trying to say i use mods. That video is old i recently found out Xiao uses mods, he told me he has some sort of ammo/shop mod. But Mr.Raph does not. You cant say i use mods cos i don't i have hours of footage of my gameplay which is on my youtube channel but it is in private at the moment. I can swear to you i have never hacked or modded this game. But dani i know you are mago and you hack...Sigh

Xiao uses only mods shop and ammo? really? And his speed? And accuracy hit?

Stop lie.. i think all players knows he uses more than shop mod and ammo.

You probably uses the same.. you and all of your friends.

Yes i am MaGo.. and you call me hack? Im not invincible.. im am good hunter.. just it. But look at you and your friends.. noob. Modding and cheating.

Invincible and untouchable is you and your team.. super players lol.

Sorry my bad english.

Edited by danilomv2

Thats what xiao told me a long time ago, If he uses others i dont know but i saw his broadcast once and i suspected he had some ammo hack. Lol i have a lot of footage of my gameplay like over an hour or 2 of many kills. Its a privilege that i have got so good that some think i hack LOL I already swore i dont. I only play with players that dont hack, my team raph and reptile and i've been playing with them for many months to know they don't hack they are just good believe it or not. Raph has videos of his gameplay too. You on the other hand i have been told you are good but you turn to hacking..... So who is the noob? I played you before but you aborted game because you were losing to me and raph. I guess that says it all, me raph and reptile hack... Because we are too good you believe we hack lol.

I appreciate it. Then mago how about you play my team and me and raph will record the full game(maybe jumsku too) and then we post it on this forum and youtube to see if we are cheating you record your full game too. Loser has to come back and do a funny dance for us to record too. It will be me raph, reptile and jumsku deal?

Edited by Ninja

I thought this thread was about hacking, invincible Night Hunters, survivors that one shot nests etc, and the community being able to pool resources and knowledge concerning that. How that turned into some "prove your honor/skills" contest, whereby let's face it, video offered as proof can always be manipulated and possible cheats can be disguised with auto aim etc. going on under the hood without visual indication, is beyond me.

And how the challenge would avoid the probable scenario that one side wins, the other side complains about some hidden cheat, and the whole thing devolves into subjective statements of bad faith towards other persons again, also mystifies me.

It would seem to me that games played by sporting, sincere adults can do without the name calling, abrasive manners, shaming dances, and the bad faith such things entail.

Doesn't seem like fun is in the driver's seat, but anger and ambitious desire to prove for glory the kind of statement that is impossible to prove: proof of honesty/honor. Honesty/honor require no proof. And anger and bad faith just fuels more of the same. As stated, I don't see relevance to this thread, as this seems more like personal spectacle and entertainment more fitting to "post your BtZ matches thread". 

Yeh its for my entertainment too thats why i said that, not for honor lol. As long a mago does his full video and i do mine then thats fine lol. If its a full video as in no cuts in it then a video is hard to manipulate. I think with a video auto aim is so easy to spot, its a smooth motion following the hunter....Even if there is such thing as turning auto aim off and then quickly on, when holding a gun or weapon that short moment there probably will be a very smooth motion following the hunters head when auto aim is on that is impossible for any human to do. Also uv light strength, uv light stamina, bullet power etc can all be seen on a full video of a game uncut i believe. Btw on my channel i got a video of us killing that rush hunter. Many noobs don't know about the slide>tackle then slice tactic that a human uses, he is a noob so he immediately accused me of 1 hit killing him lol. check out the video here. Reminds me of mago lol

Edited by Ninja