I'v finally encouraged myself to play as the night hunter in the "Be the zombie"-mode. Currently I'm close to unlocking mutation level 3 (2 skillpoints missing). Well due to the changes of the latest patch I was hoping to experience some balanced matches and got disappointed so that even the joker of the batman-comics wants to hide under a dunghill. With most of the skills unlocked and now on rank "Widow Maker", due to matches with people quitting on me or just farming the non-experienced players, I constantly got matched against 2-4 people within the upper three ranks of the survivor score.

That leaves me exactly one option: pick the match with only 1 skilled survivor and even loose that. He will die once, because I can groundpound him if I'm lucky and hit him with a spit. Then he has to run, is distracted a little and if you're really good you manage to kill him. But then he will respawn, of course within closest range to the next nest-group, and your spits will be ready again after he has finished off the nest. In the meantime he covers himself in flares and just drains your energy with the 200 yard range UV-light. So there is nothing you can do but watch hence your melee-attacks are poorly conceived. 5 nests against 10 lives, I think I do not have to do the math for you.

So with 2 or more player active you cannot really do anything about protecting your nests. Given the fact that the survivor can dodge all your tackle and stuff, whereas you as the zombie simply can not dodge a simple dropkick, you won't stand a chance in melee fights. You will need your UV- jammer to engage and apply your spits, but then how can you flee again. They just drain your energy and beat you to death. I know that sounds brutal! Don't worry, it will be over after a small kick with your foot and 1, not 2 or 3; no - ONE SINGLE HIT with a 2h weapon is enough to terminate you. With the issue of recovering for ages after a missed goundpound, interrupted pounce or dodged tackle you will certainly die.

With 3-4 people often somebody is camping on an elevated level of the map, like the edge of a building or such. There he will wait for you, and if you spitstuck him, he shields and nothing happens. But if you pounce he will interrupt that and rain death on you instantly while you are falling down to the ground and recovering for 5 seconds. So really nice to play without a wink of chance.

PVP is such a great part of this game, but it gets kinda trivial when reaching a higher level on both the side of the zombie and the survivor. For latter it's simply no challenge anymore when knowing how to use your equipment right.

Please balance, I know you are used to capacity with releasing the new Addon in the near future, but this is a mode of the old game, which actually should have been fixed by now. There are already a lot of good threads with suggestions on how to balance the PVP experience.

greets

EB0L4

Once i literally sat and watched them destroy the nests and i was helpless. They had UV flares EVERYWHERE and beamed the uv when I got close. I tried to tackle. They just dodged and beamed me. I tried too groundpound but they recover instantly just to hit and beam me more. So i watched helplessly. Then on the last nest. Two of the pro survivors Chased me,the hunter away with the UV light WHILE THE OTHER TWO BEAT THE HELL OUT OF MY NEST. I used move when they recovered. They just dodged my spits, attacks and pouncing. They can dodge/counter LITERALLY everything we do. But we cant counter their annoying dropkicks, their aeriel takedowns, or anything. Not to mention our tackles barely do damage! They take 3 or 4 tackles to kill them and by then theyre UV lighting me away! The ground pounds are so dumb. If you miss they penalize you by making the recover time 6 se onds longer. And yes that is long enough for them to 3 hit kill us. Plus that one survivor who dropkicks all the time. When they fall they recover instantly. So fast that we only get 1 or w weak strikez in before they uv us and we run out of energy in literally less than 3 secs. Me as a survivor i very RARELY lose. Its so simple!! Use survivor sense... Flash the hunter till he runs out of energy, beat him to death. Simple! How are night hunters going to do stealth if all 4 survivors are looking at you with flares uv lights and drop kicks ready? Techland, bring the uv lights down to close combat situations ONLY. And the survivorsense? Dont remove it. Just make it so it shows what direction the night hunter is in. Not where he is.

Not to mention my moves recovery was like 5 mins long!!

Once i literally sat and watched them destroy the nests and i was helpless. They had UV flares EVERYWHERE and beamed the uv when I got close. I tried to tackle. They just dodged and beamed me. I tried too groundpound but they recover instantly just to hit and beam me more. So i watched helplessly. Then on the last nest. Two of the pro survivors Chased me,the hunter away with the UV light WHILE THE OTHER TWO BEAT THE HELL OUT OF MY NEST. I used move when they recovered. They just dodged my spits, attacks and pouncing. They can dodge/counter LITERALLY everything we do. But we cant counter their annoying dropkicks, their aeriel takedowns, or anything. Not to mention our tackles barely do damage! They take 3 or 4 tackles to kill them and by then theyre UV lighting me away! The ground pounds are so dumb. If you miss they penalize you by making the recover time 6 se onds longer. And yes that is long enough for them to 3 hit kill us. Plus that one survivor who dropkicks all the time. When they fall they recover instantly. So fast that we only get 1 or w weak strikez in before they uv us and we run out of energy in literally less than 3 secs. Me as a survivor i very RARELY lose. Its so simple!! Use survivor sense... Flash the hunter till he runs out of energy, beat him to death. Simple! How are night hunters going to do stealth if all 4 survivors are looking at you with flares uv lights and drop kicks ready? Techland, bring the uv lights down to close combat situations ONLY. And the survivorsense? Dont remove it. Just make it so it shows what direction the night hunter is in. Not where he is.

Not to mention my moves recovery was like 5 mins long!!

they dont care bro they got their money, have they responded to any of these issues or stayed to discusss it? nope

Bobbers, we do care and we try to help our community to solve their problems, but to gather good amount of information and to proccess it - it just takes time. We care a lot about what you guys say because a game and its studio cannot survive without a happy community.

About the multiplayer mode, all i can say is that we are working on that, we know what are the issues that we need to improve and we really hope that those improvements will live up to your expectations.

I think one of the major weaknesses of the NH is being pretty much helpless when UV stamina is depleted. You can bearly move, can't tendril away, have no CQC to speak of, and the ground pound doesn't work on some surfaces and seems it can be cancelled by taking damage. You're pretty much helpless. Any decent player well go in for the kill so they can destroy nests for a good 30 seconds unmolested.

Most animals are extremely ferocious when cornered and a cause for concern. Not so with the NH.

I'm thinking a good way to bring balance back is to make the NH very dangerous and feared when UV stamina is depleted. How is to considerably buff the claw power and speed when stamina is zero. I mean a lot. Make it very iffy for a survivor to head-to-head with a berserk NH and come out on top.

This will still leave the NH able to be killed with coordinated attacks, ranged weapons, etc., but at least give him a chance in close quarts and confined spaces.

Oh, and remove the silly stuck-in-animation-until-you-hit-the-ground nonsense on missed attacks and being drop locked. That'd help, too. You know how many times I've been DFAed because I missed a pounce off the side of a building and the only thing the survivor has to do is turn around and jump on me? Once a player is aware of DFA opportunities the game gets that much harder.

I think one of the major weaknesses of the NH is being pretty much helpless when UV stamina is depleted. You can bearly move, can't tendril away, have no CQC to speak of, and the ground pound doesn't work on some surfaces and seems it can be cancelled by taking damage. You're pretty much helpless. Any decent player well go in for the kill so they can destroy nests for a good 30 seconds unmolested.

Most animals are extremely ferocious when cornered and a cause for concern. Not so with the NH.

I'm thinking a good way to bring balance back is to make the NH very dangerous and feared when UV stamina is depleted. How is to considerably buff the claw power and speed when stamina is zero. I mean a lot. Make it very iffy for a survivor to head-to-head with a berserk NH and come out on top.

This will still leave the NH able to be killed with coordinated attacks, ranged weapons, etc., but at least give him a chance in close quarts and confined spaces.

Oh, and remove the silly stuck-in-animation-until-you-hit-the-ground nonsense on missed attacks and being drop locked. That'd help, too. You know how many times I've been DFAed because I missed a pounce off the side of a building and the only thing the survivor has to do is turn around and jump on me? Once a player is aware of DFA opportunities the game gets that much harder.

I was just thinking this today.

The night hunter is way too easy to kill for something that happens so often. It'd be better if we could keep the same speed and tendril ability but take more damage as a trade-off. The way it is now is just too easy. A survivor can drain all your energy, sit back and shoot you with infinite ammo and there's nothing you can do about it. You're an easier target because you're slower and jump height is decreased, plus you can't heal while the uv light is on you.

Also survivors don't have to turn around after a missed pounce, it does that automatically for them! Just jump and charge an attack while the night hunter is stuck in a helpless recovery animation.

I was just thinking the other day a way to fix the issue with a missed ground pound is to remove the delayed recovery.  Of course, the issue for humans is the spamming of the ground pound.  To get around that could a cool down of equal time.  You won't be able to just BAM! BAM! BAM! around until you get a player, but at least a failed attempt won't be a death sentence.  ...and in most cases a loss of a nest.

Not to mention it would be helpful to not get punished for putting out a flare--yes, I use it a strategy when I can get away--or when you're on uneven ground like rocks. 

I haven't tallied my deaths, but it seems like the most times I get killed is being out of UV block and stamina at the same time while getting stuck in close, a missed ground pound, and trying to get away with little health and getting shot.

I've spoken about the first with having a berserk mode when stamina is depleted.  With an attack at least as powerful and fast as a human it would make players cautious about moving in.  Two or three super fast swipes to kill any human in arm's reach go a long way in preventing this tried and true attack.  It would take even more team work on players part to attack at the same time to get him killed.  A single player would have to just leave it alone or use any of his myriad ways to kill from a distance.

Many times I get hit twice in quick succession which takes me down to around 8 health.  (If someone is not using some super weapon that produces 50 hp and then the rest on the second swing, i.e. death in less than one second.)  I'm tendrilling away as fast as I can and trying to keep low between the buildings when I get shot and killed.  A lot of the time I can get away, but not always.  It seems to be a popular tactic recently.  Don't know what to do about it other than give the NH a warning rounds are coming down range.  BTW, I noticed Rais' men's rounds seem to be like tracers while a player's round don't seem to stand out s much.  If I could hear the human's rounds whizzing past my ears while tendrilling and could see the rounds like tracers, then it would let me know to "get down!" (Said in my mind in Arnold's voice for some reason.)

Oh, and forget about it if you're UVed to dust and you miss a GP!

Personally, I'd like to see the GP buff like stated and the berserk mode implemented even if for a short time just to remove the most common, and illogical, ways to kill a NH.  Then the NH may again be feared.

I was just thinking the other day a way to fix the issue with a missed ground pound is to remove the delayed recovery.  Of course, the issue for humans is the spamming of the ground pound.  To get around that could a cool down of equal time.  You won't be able to just BAM! BAM! BAM! around until you get a player, but at least a failed attempt won't be a death sentence.  ...and in most cases a loss of a nest.

Not to mention it would be helpful to not get punished for putting out a flare--yes, I use it a strategy when I can get away--or when you're on uneven ground like rocks. 

I haven't tallied my deaths, but it seems like the most times I get killed is being out of UV block and stamina at the same time while getting stuck in close, a missed ground pound, and trying to get away with little health and getting shot.

I've spoken about the first with having a berserk mode when stamina is depleted.  With an attack at least as powerful and fast as a human it would make players cautious about moving in.  Two or three super fast swipes to kill any human in arm's reach go a long way in preventing this tried and true attack.  It would take even more team work on players part to attack at the same time to get him killed.  A single player would have to just leave it alone or use any of his myriad ways to kill from a distance.

Many times I get hit twice in quick succession which takes me down to around 8 health.  (If someone is not using some super weapon that produces 50 hp and then the rest on the second swing, i.e. death in less than one second.)  I'm tendrilling away as fast as I can and trying to keep low between the buildings when I get shot and killed.  A lot of the time I can get away, but not always.  It seems to be a popular tactic recently.  Don't know what to do about it other than give the NH a warning rounds are coming down range.  BTW, I noticed Rais' men's rounds seem to be like tracers while a player's round don't seem to stand out s much.  If I could hear the human's rounds whizzing past my ears while tendrilling and could see the rounds like tracers, then it would let me know to "get down!" (Said in my mind in Arnold's voice for some reason.)

Oh, and forget about it if you're UVed to dust and you miss a GP!

Personally, I'd like to see the GP buff like stated and the berserk mode implemented even if for a short time just to remove the most common, and illogical, ways to kill a NH.  Then the NH may again be feared.

a cooldown on the nighthunters only cq attack is an awful idea.

Hang on.  Remove the missed ground pound animation and allow the NH to move as needed.  A missed ground pound triggers a cool down before being able to trigger it again.  That cool down is the same time as the missed GP animation.

What I'm suggesting is nothing more than allowing the NH to move away during a missed ground pound, but not being able to immediately GP, again, and only on a miss.  Not taking away anything.  Gaining being able to move on a miss.  Nothing more.

Hang on.  Remove the missed ground pound animation and allow the NH to move as needed.  A missed ground pound triggers a cool down before being able to trigger it again.  That cool down is the same time as the missed GP animation.

What I'm suggesting is nothing more than allowing the NH to move away during a missed ground pound, but not being able to immediately GP, again, and only on a miss.  Not taking away anything.  Gaining being able to move on a miss.  Nothing more.

but if youre surrounded and miss, but need to gp again after, a cooldown would kill you.

but if youre surrounded and miss, but need to gp again after, a cooldown would kill you.

Not necessarily.

If ground pound and it hits nobody then you can instantly escape. You just can't charge another ground pound until after a certain amount of time.

You lose pressure ability in exchange mobility.

I'm happy to see other people are saying that the NH is weak as well.  I just recently finished up another game as a defeat after facing cheap tactics and poor performance on NH aspect (not me personally).  I've realized after several games so aspects of the NH that need to be changed and part of the game also.  One would be the speed of the NH and Humans.  I can't believe how the human player is able to keep up with me when I've leveled up my speed in both points and still get chased down by one or two humans who can keep up with me with ease and just drain me with UV light.  That, when two chase you down, expect a drop kick followed up by another drop kick, followed up by another drop kick then death.  With these recent matches and everyone's opinion here, I think these area's need improvement with the NH and balancing issues.

Recovery

The recovery time on everything from missed pounces and failed tackles to the GP can be reduced by a few seconds to help the hunter survive those few seconds instead being slashed up while they sit there dazed and confused.  Also to prevent the immediate recovery of humans for getting the evade on pounce or tackle and get the aerial instakill.

Agility

Humans can dodge all of the NH attacks, including GP if they time a jump right, so why can't the NH?  It is stated that it is the deadliest zombie and has super-human skills.  Wouldn't it make it just as intelligent?  So if it see's a human try to drop kick it, the NH should be able to dodge it too.  This will prevent the spamming of the drop kickers.  I would like the same with aerial kills too.  Now the stamina/UV light problem.  This goes back to humans keeping up with the NH and blasting it from 200ft and still lighting it up with UV light.  The UV light should be diminished in range and battery power lowered just a bit to prevent the draining of stamina from so far away and with ease.  I also like the idea of a berserk NH if stamina is drained.  Something to help the Nh when out of energy.  The problem is the UV light shield that is available to the NH.  Something that might work is increase in claw damage, GP damage, the ability to sprint and increase tackle damage when out of energy.  Downside is that this only available for 15 secs and if UV light shield is applied, then the berserk is canceled immediately and can only be reset with full stamina bar and maybe a cool down time(has to be played around a bit to see if that would work).

Issues

The spit and shield issue needs to be fixed right away.  That is truly a problem in this game mode if an important ability to the NH can be blocked and cancelled out by a shield.  I've seen guys who've been stuck or in the area of a spit just pick up shield and cover themselves, knowing full well their safe and go back to hammering on the next.  I don't know if this is also another effect but have seen some players who are even covered in the horde/UV/Sense spit and just raise the shield up and it magically removes the horde spit applied to them.  The other big one is NH being spawned away from the nest.  This happens 7 out of 10 times where the Humans actually spawn closer to the nest where I have to spend time getting there.  The last one I would like to point out is the spamming jumpers.  All they hit is jump whenever they can and this allows them to evade a tackle even if its from behind or the side.  Should be a 100% guarantee tackle if blindsided, from the back, or if NH ambushes from around the corner (maybe the corner one has to be quick reaction time).

I forgot to add the the human sense being a little too pinpoint on locating the NH.  Especially since they can prevent the revealing of their location by using traps and devices to throw off NH sense.  Balance on that should be reduced survivor sense on locating NH.  Should literally be a "NH is somewhere in this scope of area.  Or have it the NH howl sets off definitive location and general for human.  And last would the punishment for quitters such as quit a match three times in a row and more volatile's and special zombies appear in single player and BTZ mode.  And NH would be a reduce stamina or reduce exp.

Edited by xHoudinix

I think some of the suggestions in the posts above are pointing changes in the right direction. In fact you will need a moment of distraction to kill the humans but in present creating said scenarios is too hard in my opinion. One, not two, ONE tiny mistake (a missed spit, a failed ground pound) and you can either watch them destroying your nests or get killed.

--- Reducing the accuracy and/or adding a cooldown for survivor sense would force the survivor to keep an eye on your actions as a night hunter and not simply bashing nests while tracking all your movements solely on the mini-map. It also increases the surprise effect on sneaky attacks and therefore can make it easier to apply your spits or land your melee attacks such as ground pound or tackle.

--- Next aspect concerning spits covers the shared cooldown for UV-suppressor and survivor sense suppressor spits. Having only 2 spits in a match against 4 survivors doesn't give you that much of an ability to keep the pressure up. Landing a successful pounce requieres a distraction, and a combination of zombies, the human not knowing your exact position, a UV-suppressor spit and maybe a tackle or ground-pound can give you the opportunity to kill 'em. In total with all the changes the spit-mechanic as it is in present might fit in without any changes. We will see about that.

--- Ground-pound and tackle are working fine despite the somewhat less than perfect cooldown on missed attacks. Combined with a laggy connection its just not possible to survive.

--- Speaking about CQC, UV-flashlight range and -power hast to be decreased. In fact this would make the night hunter more dangerous, especially in keeping the pressure level up. It won't be possible to just kill the nest while keeping you at a save distance.

--- Health level or protection of the night hunter and maybe also the nests should be increased. Thus making you a little tougher too kill with both melee- and range-weapons.

--- The survivor shouldn't be able to dodge everything and then for missed attacks not even get a cooldown or whatsoever.

Despite all the good ideas on changes and how to balance PvP a bit better, i see one major problem. The gametype is still asymmetrical. Keeping the option to play 1v1, 2v1, 3v1 and 4v1 will make it harder to balance battles. While currently 1v1 is the only opportunity for a skilled night hunter to win against one skilled human (assumed the night hunter really brings his a-game and the survivor won't use bugs such as blocking spits with shield and stuff) then buffing the night hunter will maybe result in a fair 4v1 match but really making a 1v1 impossible for survivors (hehe  ;) )

greets

EB0L4

Its not only the survivor being able to dodge everything, its that the recovery for them is instant and able to counter the NH right after a successful tackle or GP.  Versus the NH who sits around for an additional few secs to be beaten upon.  Then several mechanics for the NH are broken or need an immediate fix.  Spits: can be countered with a shield.  Tackle: can be dodge easily thanks to survivor sense pinpoint the NH and being able to dodge a back or side tackle.  Movement and Tendrilling: Can be countered with ridiculous range of UV and can prevent a pounce with just a tap of the UV on the NH.  Then GP, our last and final stand ability for the NH.  GP:  Can be countered with a dropkick!  Yes your last resort and defense can be countered with the simple dropkick, putting you in that lovely recovery phase and have to face the onslaught.  Everything about the NH needs a buff or a revisit to look on how to balance it properly.

Still would like to see a change in respawning for NH.  With the long respawn time and the additional mile they put between you and the nest is ridiculous.  If you die on the nest or close to it, kiss that nest goodbye.  NH should always spawn close to the nest or in proximity of it.

I'm playing with making videos.  I'm working on putting together examples of the problems with the Night Hunter.  I'm working in reverse order thinking the result of death is a loss of a nest.  Only four examples and not even the extreme ones, either.  Just par of the course.  Thankfully not all players know how to destroy nests quickly, but when they do...

Edited by SomeOldDude

I think the predator is not weak.. only his resistence.. because predator can die so easy with 3 hits or less. 

Advantage of hunter is the speed and strategy with UV block and splits.

The humans are strong and fast for hunter now because of modded itens.. all itens gold.

The most survivors are using it.

I say.. potions gold.. light UV gold.. Hook gold.. Flares Gold.. Guns gold.. 

Yesterday one player show me his gun, gold with mod ice and poison lol. So its impossible to get it on the game.

These itens we cannot build on the game.. only with hacks probably.

Some survivors uses cheat of trainer too.. for accuracy hit and increase speed.

Techland sucks.. and dont do nothing about it.

Sorry my bad english.

Att.. MaGo

Edited by danilomv2