Rexarus30

To All Those Who Complain That Night Hunters Are Underpowered...

Let me make this clear right now, yes the night hunter is underpowered. But I'm not here to complain because honestly I have no reason too... I have probably a 90% + win rate, only losing to the best of the best.

Im sure what a lot of you guys think is that the game will be perfectly balanced for you even though it's quite the opposite. So you all blame tech land when perhaps it was made like that on purpose. I'm sure we have all been invaded at one time or another where we were crushed by an extremely skilled night hunter such as my self...

Why is this? It's because they put time into this game to became good even though survivors only have put a lot less time in to become equally good. But their is another difference than that, it's that the night hunter has no limit to how good he can get. Just to even take up the title "stalker" it's a huge challenge because it was meant to be and that challenge pushes night hunters further than how good a survivor can get.

The night hunter has skill, while the survivors have cheap tactics, exploits, with no skill at all but just go in machetes blazing because they can. There are rare exceptions to this however like survivors who play on hard mode or don't use survivor sense.

Furthermore the night hunter is offensive, while the survivors or more defense. it's YOU who hunt down the humans no matter if they're goal is to destroy the nest. Don't think of the nest as something to defend think of it as something to keep the humans distracted while you pick them off one by one. It's the humans who must defend themselves and against YOU.t

You can only get better as the night hunter so just deal with these unfair matches and use them to get better. Micheal Jordan didn't start out as best basketball player in the world, infact he got cut off his high school team but he got better because he kept trying.

I suppose the main message if this is that if you put enough time and effort in to this game the it will still be unbalanced but for once it will be for the survivors while you arise as victor in almost every match.

Sorry for any poor grammar I'm to lazy to proof read 😅

Edited by Rexarus30

See I don't want to compare games here but lets take a look at a game in the same exact genre Evolve. Now evolve does have some problems but they get one thing right and that's its not impossible for the Monster or the Hunters to win because every body works together doing their assigned role. Now the problem with Dying Light is that there are clearly no roles in the game like support or medic and so on. You can be all 4 things at once which is the god damn problem. You say the hunter is supposed to be on the offensive but there are times when the hunter is literally being chased down by players who can be on the offense or defense at any given time. The hunter has no defense what so ever.

The other problem is most people use the dodge to get away  from stuff that's understandable but the problem is it happens way to much in the game. I almost feel like people abuse it. In evovle you get the sense of that ohh chupacabra moment I shouldn't have used all my jetpack fuel now I'm toe to toe with this huge chupacabra monster. In dying light I feel like the unlimited stamina is like some sort of cheat code. 

Any's ways to get back on track people think the hunter is underpowered because he is. The major problem is humans are faster, stronger, more agile and have a but load of tools and unblock able moves to their disposal 

I wouldn't say nests are used as a distraction. Sure there are some locations (like old town) where it's easier to catch survivors off guard trying to reach nests in high places but on the slums map the nest locations are very open. Survivors have a huge advantage in these areas because of dodging so it's not hard to attack the nest while focusing on the night hunter.

Dude the game mode was made to be in the Survivors favor, If we fight against noobs then we do!

But when it comes to a pro survivor YOU CANNOT WIN!

They will abuse every move possible to the point where you don't even want to think about the game anymore.

That's the problem.

Dude the game mode was made to be in the Survivors favor, If we fight against noobs then we do!

But when it comes to a pro survivor YOU CANNOT WIN!

They will abuse every move possible to the point where you don't even want to think about the game anymore.

That's the problem.

OP post a video and show us all how it's done against more than 2 or 3 players when EACH human has:

-Gold tier weapons, and their exploits (cycling in between swinging axe and immediately switching to shield)

-infinite medkits

-fully stocked guns

-infinite items to craft infinite grenades, arrows, flares etc

4 or 3 coordinated players like this... while the Hunter begins with 2 spits only... and if you die the game delays your spawn time and distance from the nest as if the hunter has an advantage

OP- POST A VIDEO of a portion of your 90% win rate matches against these odds, because one of us need to STFU and it's not me.

See I don't want to compare games here but lets take a look at a game in the same exact genre Evolve. Now evolve does have some problems but they get one thing right and that's its not impossible for the Monster or the Hunters to win because every body works together doing their assigned role. Now the problem with Dying Light is that there are clearly no roles in the game like support or medic and so on. You can be all 4 things at once which is the god damn problem. You say the hunter is supposed to be on the offensive but there are times when the hunter is literally being chased down by players who can be on the offense or defense at any given time. The hunter has no defense what so ever.

The other problem is most people use the dodge to get away  from stuff that's understandable but the problem is it happens way to much in the game. I almost feel like people abuse it. In evovle you get the sense of that ohh chupacabra moment I shouldn't have used all my jetpack fuel now I'm toe to toe with this huge chupacabra monster. In dying light I feel like the unlimited stamina is like some sort of cheat code. 

Any's ways to get back on track people think the hunter is underpowered because he is. The major problem is humans are faster, stronger, more agile and have a but load of tools and unblock able moves to their disposal 

This^

Tell me if im bad.

Once i literally sat and watched them destroy the nests and i was helpless. They had UV flares EVERYWHERE and beamed the uv when I got close. I tried to tackle. They just dodged and beamed me. I tried too groundpound but they recover instantly just to hit and beam me more. So i watched helplessly. Then on the last nest. Two of the pro survivors Chased me,the hunter away with the UV light WHILE THE OTHER TWO BEAT THE HELL OUT OF MY NEST. I used move when they recovered. They just dodged my spits, attacks and pouncing. They can dodge/counter LITERALLY everything we do. But we cant counter their annoying dropkicks, their aeriel takedowns, or anything. Not to mention our tackles barely do damage! They take 3 or 4 tackles to kill them and by then theyre UV lighting me away! The ground pounds are so dumb. If you miss they penalize you by making the recover time 6 se onds longer. And yes that is long enough for them to 3 hit kill us. Plus that one survivor who dropkicks all the time. When they fall they recover instantly. So fast that we only get 1 or w weak strikez in before they uv us and we run out of energy in literally less than 3 secs. Me as a survivor i very RARELY lose. Its so simple!! Use survivor sense... Flash the hunter till he runs out of energy, beat him to death. Simple! How are night hunters going to do stealth if all 4 survivors are looking at you with flares uv lights and drop kicks ready? Techland, bring the uv lights down to close combat situations ONLY. And the survivorsense? Dont remove it. Just make it so it shows what direction the night hunter is in. Not where he is.

Not to mention my moves recovery was like 5 mins long!!

OP post a video and show us all how it's done against more than 2 or 3 players when EACH human has:

-Gold tier weapons, and their exploits (cycling in between swinging axe and immediately switching to shield)

-infinite medkits

-fully stocked guns

-infinite items to craft infinite grenades, arrows, flares etc

4 or 3 coordinated players like this... while the Hunter begins with 2 spits only... and if you die the game delays your spawn time and distance from the nest as if the hunter has an advantage

OP- POST A VIDEO of a portion of your 90% win rate matches against these odds, because one of us need to STFU and it's not me.

wow good thing 2 in 100 people have the patience to deal with this, i guess that makes everything ok...stop posting

To be honest i think only 1 hunter i ever faced can take on my team on top form. My team consist of me, mr raph and reptile we dont really have a 4th proper member maybe jumsku. That hunter comes on rarely because he is chicken to lose although i think he is probably the best or one of the best his name is gastizzle and his mouth is rude too. But the last 4 times we beat him but its not a free win.

Edited by Ninja

Well it does do that now but it also tracks the night hunter on the mini map and gives you his vertical positioning. The mini map is what really gives you away and makes it easier for them to always be facing your direction.