God dammit, how often do we have to tell you this?? Anyone who uses survivor sense knows exactly where I am, so THEY hunt ME! When I'm playing as a night HUNTER I shouldn't be the PREY, right??

So, it's not that complicated guys: Just get rid of survivor sense and let the humans automatically see the rough direction the hunter is in on their minimap when he uses tendril locomotion in a certain proximity (they would hear that, right?). That way the hunter could choose to not use his tendrils and silently sneak up on humans. That would create great tension for both sides!

And that's it, BTZ fixed!! Now go and make it happen. And don't you release any other DLC before this is done. Yeez...

The closest we'll get to this is the sense suppressor spit. Taking it out completely would be too much of a drastic change for them.

The way I see it is you just have to play with the assumption that they know where you are all the time. They see you, you see them. Use the environment and high elevations to your advantage and try to catch them in bad or awkward situations. I know one of my favorite things I like to do is get almost directly underneath a survivor like under a bridge or the side of a building and pounce them when they try to DFA. Because the UV light can only go to a certain angle they're completely open to pounces from directly above or beneath. Most survivors are so bloodthirsty for a DFA that they don't realize this and foolishly jump right into my trap.

I would be fine if we could just see each other. if not only the fact that they just have to hold down the UV light the entire time.

And let's not forget that THEY have the melee advantage.

The sense suppressor spit is just a lazy use of existing mechanics and almost useless, unless you're a chupacabra spit-sniper. It's even more useless against more than one enemy, since everyone else but the guy you hit still knows where you are. It doesn't solve the problem I addressed: the tension, especially for survisors. Hunting is based on stealth and there's no stealth component to this game mode.

The only way to make it truly challenging is to get rid of survivor sense! No other way imo.

I think the method I described above makes good sense. They could add that when you're howling as the hunter, survivors get your exact position on the minimap for a moment (like they do now with survivor sense), which would make you think twice before doing so.

And don't tell me it's to much effort to get this done. If they can add new spits and tweak other mechanics, they can pull this off, too. This is about fan service! When you can only deliver a broken game you should make it a DLC and take some money for it in order to put more development time into it. I would happily pay ten bucks or so for a better, more thought through version of this mode.

Spits effects and tweaks to uv light were fairly easy fixes for the devs. We don't know how hard it is to alter the function of survivor sense since that's such an integral part of the single player experience (they've been known to chupacabra things up in previous patches by trying to fix single player exploits). All the problems with this mode stem from the fact that it's so deeply integrated into the main campaign.

Stealth was never really intended for this mode until the sense suppressor spit came along. The reason we all want it so bad is because the night hunter is severely limited in all his options while survivors have everything they need to fight from short, mid and long ranges and can fight pretty much any way they want. I don't think the solution is too make a drastic (and potentially risky) change such as completely disabling one function but rather tone down what makes the survivors so strong.

They've shown that they can increase the height requirement for death from above the on the night hunter only, now decrease the hitbox so that it actually requires you to be above the night hunter and not in front of him. Increase the start up time of a drop kick and decrease the hitbox to make it much less of a threat at close range. Put a cool down on dodging so survivors have to commit to one direction and cannot immediately back out. Decrease the spit timer so that a survivor caught off guard can't simply walk out of range before the spit goes off and must be forced to dodge. Don't allow a survivor to dodge off a cliff when climbing up or grappling to a ledge in an attempt to bait a miss ground pound. Decrease the recovery of ground pound so a whiffed ground pound doesn't result in death.

Survivors need to be forced to commit, whether it be an evasive maneuver or simply completing the objective due to timed matches. Right now they have very little punishment for any action and don't require multiple abilities and strategies like the night hunter to get the job done (all a survivor needs is uv light, flare and dodge).

Edited by jcks

Yeah, I understand it would be risky, but it would be great if they'd have the balls to upull it off and put in the effort.

Having said that, your ideas could work great as well. I just doubt they'll alter the gameplay mechanics of survivors since those are the ones we got accustomed to in singleplayer. Lets just wait and see...

Yeah, I understand it would be risky, but it would be great if they'd have the balls to upull it off and put in the effort.

Having said that, your ideas could work great as well. I just doubt they'll alter the gameplay mechanics of survivors since those are the ones we got accustomed to in singleplayer. Lets just wait and see...

Well thing is though they already have. Flares thrown in rapid succession have a 2-3 second cooldown, UV light range is 20% less than it is in story mode, DFA only works from bus height on the night hunter only. On the plus side survivors get infinite stamina and drop kick actually has an animation specifically for the night hunter. These are all things that are commonly used in story mode that have special rules for BtZ only. I feel like the only way to balance the game at this point is to continue making little exceptions like this for BtZ.

Edited by jcks

I am actually in Favour of a Survivor Sense Nerf.  Why?  Because 1 VS 1 or 4 VS 1.  Survivor Sense has no Limit.

IMO the more Survivors in the Game the more Limitation should be placed on the Use of Survivor Sense.  

This would Promote more Team Work.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

1 VS 1 or 4 VS 1.  Survivor Sense has no Limit.

You sure? I think there's no limit to it, no matter how many players...

I don't want to cross over topics here, but there's something else I pointed out about matchmaking and mid-session quitting by survivors. In fact, this bugs me even more than the survivor sense thing, because it happens a lot.

What are your thoughts on that one?  http://forum.techland.pl/topic/10752-players-quitting-mid-session-and-matchmaking-problems/

Not the worst idea for hard mode; take the night hunter of the mini map like the virols. I'd even suggest taking the night hunter off the mini map if there is more than one player (regardless of difficulty). A night hunter's chances significantly decreases versus more players. Despite successful execution, all of the Night Hunter's abilities (except spits) makes the night hunter vulnerable. An example is successfully ground pounding one player while the other player runs up and slices you a few times or drop kicks you, now you have to run off and heal. This all is a Balancing issue, one of the many things Techland can't seem to get right.

Regardless of what strategy you choose to use, YOU ARE PREY. YOUR JOB IS TO ULTIMATELY PROTECT NESTS, nests show up on the players' map, so as the protector you should be somewhere near the nest so I guess the element of surprise makes sense.