Sign in to follow this  
Griknot

Techland, Dying Light Is Dying

Alright. Hey, Techland, if you're reading this.

So, I can already see myself that this game is practically dead. There's only about 1k people playing this game right now, and nearly every other hub I go to it's at least that times five. Grand theft auto V almost breaches 50k. 

You guys aren't patching the game too much, and when you do, it's just little bug fixes for bugs I've never encountered. Every bug that happens nearly EVERY SINGLE SESSION is still there SINCE I BOUGHT THE GAME. None have been fixed, and I am not going to bother reporting them, as I doubt anything will be done about them.

There is a good amount of content to the game, but the first DLC.. Bozak Horde.. it was awful. Me and every person I knew hated it. It was hard, boring, and not rewarding at all. Nobody I knew could solo it, either. For all the leaderboards, every global time for anything is always 0.000 seconds, so our scores don't matter either.

I beat the game three times now, and I have an AMD GPU and CPU. I'm still getting absolutely terrible performance to this day, since day 1, and nothing has been done about it.

It seems you guys only care about money, and that sucks, because this game is wonderful, It has so much potential even after everything already in it, and you aren't doing anything with it. You don't take the community's ideas either.

Anybody agree?

AMEN, its their lack of really suporting this game and their lack of communication that does it for me. No fixes, yet they have the nerve to make fun of other developers promotions by doing one of their own promising new DLCs, LMFAO on that one, that havnt put anything new good in the game sense release, and their promising more DLC, wheres that buggy one promised to us, havnt even seen or heard anymore about it, but their promising more, again, LMFAO

I do agree.

For a game that had such a promising start, (from them growing a brain making BTZ included with every copy, to them incorporating the community's wishes in their latest patch with Hard Mode) it really saddens me that they're just letting all their fanbase slip away.

It's good that they've shown BTZ some love (although it took a long f*cking time), but as for the base game, it is just not living up to the ambition they were promising. The "great things in store" we've received so far are bugs, bugs and more bugs. 'Shallow DLC leaving everyone who bought the Season Pass feeling ripped off. And weapon balance that is just laughable.

I encourage anyone who is on the fence about buying the Season Pass, or just the Bozak Horde to wait. Please. It is not worth it. Not even for the bow, as it is just another underpowered garbage weapon like every other ranged weapon in this game.

Hehe....at the beginning here at this forum much people disagreed with opinions about patches and much other things...and now we can see all here on this forum agree with people which are disappointed about their developement...this shows that techland must change something! Because all players think the same way......so techland open your eyes and do something.....never saw a game which release patches in 3 month.......shows just they have no interest...but when it goes about the drink water event, then they care like hell!....so whats wrong there??!!!

I do agree.

For a game that had such a promising start, (from them growing a brain making BTZ included with every copy, to them incorporating the community's wishes in their latest patch with Hard Mode) it really saddens me that they're just letting all their fanbase slip away.

It's good that they've shown BTZ some love (although it took a long f*cking time), but as for the base game, it is just not living up to the ambition they were promising. The "great things in store" we've received so far are bugs, bugs and more bugs. 'Shallow DLC leaving everyone who bought the Season Pass feeling ripped off. And weapon balance that is just laughable.

I encourage anyone who is on the fence about buying the Season Pass, or just the Bozak Horde to wait. Please. It is not worth it. Not even for the bow, as it is just another underpowered garbage weapon like every other ranged weapon in this game.

Thank you.

If it's not melee, it's chupacabra. And that starts to ruin a zombie game.

Dying Light needs more quests, sort of like ENDLESS quests. Just to keep the gamers interested. Sorry to hear if you dont have a great pc to run the game, thats your problem. On console, either XBONE or PS4 it runs fine. I haven't noticed any bugs in the dlc, including the bozak horde. 

Im telling you, developers of Techland, you guys need to add an infection meter and antizin so players have a bit more survival experience! 

just got thru deleting the game off my system to make room for another game. Got a full game drive and this was the game i cared least about, so it went bye bye. If Techland ever decides to give this game some real attention, i might think about reinstalling it again, but i can always redownload it

This is such an awesome game! And with the new developer tool where you can make your own maps it just extended the replay value of the game! But this damn AMD performance! Not everyone has the money to buy extremely high end PC's but have a little less to spend and choose AMD for it, which is cheaper! But this game is sooo badly optimized! Techland should've fixed it by now! It's like they don't care!

they allready got what they wanted from us, MONEY, its like a one hit wonder and it went to their heads. Hope they either fix this game, or get the hell out of the busines. Started off good, and now, nothing

Mate it is nice of you to try reach Techland, but they do not read these topics. And if they did they still wouldn't reply to it. They gave up on this game quite a while ago, I personally think that dying light were only a test project. To see intressts and how people play and other things. Cause if this really were THE game for them, they would've fixed the one and only problem the game originally had, Trophies and Achievements unlocks. They practically letting the game die at this stage. I find it amazing that there are still a thousand players playing this game. I bet if they fixed statistics and trophies people would come back to do those and player base would increase, I know I would.

Mate it is nice of you to try reach Techland, but they do not read these topics. And if they did they still wouldn't reply to it. They gave up on this game quite a while ago, I personally think that dying light were only a test project. To see intressts and how people play and other things. Cause if this really were THE game for them, they would've fixed the one and only problem the game originally had, Trophies and Achievements unlocks. They practically letting the game die at this stage. I find it amazing that there are still a thousand players playing this game. I bet if they fixed statistics and trophies people would come back to do those and player base would increase, I know I would.

haha ohh noo.....trophies and achievements are the absolute unimportant thi gs to fix for the game....the important things to fix for the game, which destroy the gameplay, are: the looting bug, gun/melee weapon damage fix, that sometimes after in-game morning wake up and the time moves very fast (5-10 min) till the night rolls in....and a bug i noticed, where you swing your heavy axe trough the air when you try to hit a zombie on the ground...when i left some bugs remember me!

this are important things to fiy for the game and not useless things like trophies for some trophie addicted people!

also we want wishes by us in the next patch, like HUD, new difficult mode...

Hehe okay mire1 if you say so, thing is that I saw no bugs what so ever when i went through the game for the first time, other then that the trophies did not unlock. Then they patched and I wonder what. Since the patch brought more problems, it added bugs and I for one had frames issues and statistics were pretty much frozen, then they patched that and the statistics worked but nothing else. And now they have wrecked statistics and stuff everything Ive done is gone except my maxed levels, cant choose missions or anything im stuck mid game. And trophies means alot, you know why? When you've beaten the game and seen everything, what is the reason to go back and play? I mean new games comes out all the time why replay a game several times when you already are maxed out? Trophies are the reason. It's like quests and goals in the game. Something to pursue.

Reece, yea they added DLC, but so does all games of this generation. Basicly to earn more money.

If DLC is what you want to call it, cause all ive seen for DLC really is 2 Quaranteen Zones that where allready in the game, just unlocked, and a Bozark that is nothing but time trials with no real reason or rewards to play it. So ya i guess you could call it DLC, I call it chupacabra

Edited by Nicky67

Oh, i got a good friend which think absolute same like you with trophies.....beat the game with the trophies and throw the game in the trash later....for me the badest thinking ever in gaming history....because at open world games you can do what ever you want, all what you like and what makes fun....for me i got 90 % trophies at dying light, but i never searched for them, i still play the game almost everyday for 1-2 hours, just to kill the zombies and try rind maybe some good weapons, it makes fun to kill the zombies and search for stuff because the fight feeling in this game is awesome, never saw something like that befor, zombies die everytime different, it feels very realistic.....and also for me to try to make a real surviver feeling, means : just few thing in the inventory like "metalparts"-"alcohol"-"medi kits", to bring a nice surive feeling when i try to stay alive when i fight against zombies.....i use always my fantasy at open world games.....this is what makes open world games so awesome, the FREEDOM....when i was a kid in the 90' s, there it gave no games like that...

i think at games like THE ORDER or Call of duty, there you can beat a game and that was it for the game.....but open world? There is tooooooo much things to do, without the trophie things, things you want to do because of your fantasy ^^

i always try to teach and help with that my friend and he gets better with this ;)....

to just try to get all trophies did not bring the whole game expirience at open world games...

maybe this is the only thing for you with the trophies, but then i think people like you just want attention and recognition for their playing....i dont know, but for me is something like that unbelieveable at open world games...for me to beat the game is one of the unimportant things at the beginning of a new open world game..

this is no offense, i just cant understand this trophie addiction

enjoy the game in different ways, everyone find his own fun for games like that...

i dont play dying light very long anymore, but the zombie killing and surviving makes the game always lovely and awesome for me

I know when people got some platin trophies they get a % on games at the PS/XBOX/STEAM store....i heard something like that

When you've beaten the game and seen everything, what is the reason to go back and play? I mean new games comes out all the time why replay a game several times when you already are maxed out? Trophies are the reason. It's like quests and goals in the game. Something to pursue.

Reece, yea they added DLC, but so does all games of this generation. Basicly to earn more money.

The reason to come back and play is because I bought a $60 game, plus $20 more and as somebody who has played games of the same pricing caliber, it is obvious that Dying Light is lacking content. And this is a problem. There is making DLC, and then there is sh*tting out DLC. So far, Techland has done the latter.

Forgive me, but do you care for longevity? I do. Of course new games are always coming out - but not only can people not shell out $60 every 72 hours, but some people just want to play this game because they just really enjoy it. Dying Light is a good game in face value, but Techland pays no attention to their fanbase, or to anything other than promoting their game on social media when they should be paying attention on developing patches to fix the issues in this game. Trophies are another problem in the bunch, it's not a unique snowflake. Some people just play games because they like them. Not everyone prioritizes trophies.

Edited by Wolfman

They're getting quite desperate adding back temporary buffs for the Survivor and Night Hunter.

Making steam workshop for the steam version, Imo they want players to start making the game fun.

Also 100% of the people who bought the Season pass was disappointed and has probably already refunded the game.

Wolfman , I care about quality. No doubt about it dying light from start to end were amazing. I did everything and spent a chupacabra ton of hours before I even had thoughts on Trophies. Point is when I've done everything I got bored and trophies are a reason to stay when that happens.

But they are not paying attention to the forums where the players write issues and more. And their patching so far is not the greatest.

mire1 , I play a chupacabra ton of games, some games ive got thousands of hours in. (one even 3 years nonstop playing(/played), WoW). But the games that reach hours like that either got insane amount of content to explore or have that type of playstyle that is endless and always feels ok to play. Dying Light is not one of those games, It is amazing story and I loved it from start to end. But I didnt get the feeling that I want to play it again other then for the trophies. Which also marks that some games are worth going for platinum and some games are not. For me it's a sign on what games I love the most. Games I only like a lil bit I only go through and then ditch, no point going for platinum. Im no trophy hunter in general, I just want this game completed but it will not happen because the patch to fix this will not come(just a hunch).

Also played games long before achies  / trophies to consoles, played through games like mgs1 ff8 and half life 1 etc countless times because they were amazing and fun. So I understand your meaning, I just think that Ive played far too many games and spent far too much time of my life into gaming that I kinda know which games I like to replay and which games I dont want to replay. And Trophies kinda are a addiction, for me it is accomplishments that I want to have on my account for my friends to see, and not accomplishments of chupacabra games but of great games that I spent aloooot of time on because I loved playing them.

Hopefully im not disrespecting any of you, you're players just like me. I just hope that one day Techland does the right thing and fixes the actual problems in the game so all kinds of players get what they want out of it.

Wolfman , I care about quality. No doubt about it dying light from start to end were amazing. I did everything and spent a chupacabra ton of hours before I even had thoughts on Trophies. Point is when I've done everything I got bored and trophies are a reason to stay when that happens.

Hopefully im not disrespecting any of you, you're players just like me. I just hope that one day Techland does the right thing and fixes the actual problems in the game so all kinds of players get what they want out of it.

I'm not in disagreement with you as I actually do go for trophies when the mood strikes me. I've got quite a few platinum myself. But it's just that. When the mood strikes me. And usually the mood to just play a game reveals itself more than my inner-completionist. It really is just subjectivity though. There is no bug that should be patched first. Everything should be patched in one-go. No need to play favorites. Not that it matters as they are incapable of fixing their game anyway.

Unfortunately, without the support that Techland has promised, the game quickly has gotten stale - even for me having bought (and enjoyed) their previous entries.

They also need, but not just limited to:

Fixing the looting bug.

To rebalance the piss-weak borderline useless firearms.

Provide more user-interface and graphical UI options, preferably a clean-screen, no prompts.

A saving feature, (games have been doing this since then 80s, why can't I save a game when I want that was made in 2014?)

Penalties if somehow a level 25 dies. Come now, there is no incentive for playing the game smart for us at the max rank.

Edited by Wolfman

Wow. Do any of you have jobs? Or do you sit on your faux leather computer chair CRYING all day about everything?! Hello! !! The game was released literally a few chupacabra months ago, GET A GRIP. Techland isn't exactly a top dog in the gaming industry. They're BARELY above an indie developer with a high roller hawkish publisher (WB) who just saw $$ signs. WB has been known to pump out chupacabra early for money. Give techland a break, you spoiled BRATS. Some of these posts are so chupacabra ridiculously entitled and sickening, honestly I hope your PC/consoles explode. I LOVE this game. But you know what else? I also know people at techland have LIVES and families and MULTIPLE OTHER PROJECTS like hell raid and dead island,and there's only so many people to go around. They pulled from hell raid the just SAID they're dedicating more people to DYING LIGHT SO GET OFF THEIR BACKS, JESUS. There things called head counts, and iverhead, and project design teams etc and a million other things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. They're not Rock star Games. They're techland, from Poland. My god. They released this what? 4/5 months ago, created amazing mod tools/night hunter mode coop bozak expansions summer campaigns etc and all people do is chupacabra and moan. ESPECIALLY AMERICANS. ABOUT 95 PERCENT CRYING ARE AMERICANS. Don't see any of your assess making any games. "GTA5 has neeya neeya neeya" GTA 5 has 20 TIMES THE chupacabra BUDGET TOO. STFU