Sign in to follow this  
Nooob

Night Hunter Handicaps

Ok i fight the night hunter all the time and I'm good. But because of people who arn't as skilled at being a night hunter complaing the NH is getting a lot of buffs only to hve NH that jus spam to get victories and its getting harder to fight the NH. The Night walkers at nest are op so are goons and when a NH spams ground pound its so hard to avoid and one of my best tactics was to blow them up but now I can't and I fight so many spammers its ridiculous cause new NH buffs are really tipping the balance in the NH favor

One of your best tactics was to blow them up? Let me guess you're one of those dupers that spam the chupacabra out of explosive arrows! Good I'm glad you're getting killed a lot.

One of your best tactics was to blow them up? Let me guess you're one of those dupers that spam the chupacabra out of explosive arrows! Good I'm glad you're getting killed a lot.

I rek the nh its jus annoying how the NH is getting buffs and I told u in the other post I use BARRELS not arrows

Then I misunderstood you, sorry just kind of went mad because of all the Explosive arrow spammers. Anyways I find it legit with barrels, but can't you just kill it in one hit afterwards?

Then I misunderstood you, sorry just kind of went mad because of all the Explosive arrow spammers. Anyways I find it legit with barrels, but can't you just kill it in one hit afterwards?

Its ok I know where ur coming from cause I hate explosive arrow spammers and ya I can kill the NH after a barrel but I used it against NH spammers who try to ground pound or tackle repeatedly

There will never be satisfactory. Just gotta make do with what they are nerf/buffing And the QQ about what should and shouldn't be, or quit the game entirely. :) very annoying indeed

True and I guess I was upset cause I found out about the new NH buffs the hard way

I come into the topic thinking something else about "handicaps."

It is frustrating to go into a game with the experience of the player and the level of the character are so different.  I come across so few games where we are evenly matched both as a player and the character.  I'm all for the NH buffs that they recently implemented.  The survivor had quite a few one hit kill techniques compared the NH's two--pounce and spikes.  NH can't even pick up a canister or make it explode without doing damage to himself.  DFA is my bane especially after a pounce miss on a roof--I fall down and get DFAed.  NH have no long range weapons.  Survivors have a rifles to make a NH stop watching from distance without "howl vision" or a survivor can throw a flare in a NH's hiding spot to flush him out.

Anyway, I'm thinking a handicap system should be put in place based on a wins versus losses.  The handicap could be in the form of the number of humans a NH has to kill, the number of nests a survivor has to destroy, the distance from a nest a player spawns, spawn times, distance between nests, number nest groups a NH has to defend, etc.

An example handicap an Apex Predator versus a low level survivor might have to kill 20 humans while defending two nest groups some distance apart while the humans he kills respawns near the other nest group!  I would say that would be a near impossibility for a NH to win no matter how buff he is.  Adjust the handicap based on the wins versus losses and the strength of a player and the character will automatically level out.

The survivors' story objective is to destroy the nest so you have fewer volatiles to deal with in the story.  The NH's objective is to defend the nests.  What the game has turned into for some is chase down and kill the NH while ignoring the nests.  While drawing survivors away from the nest is a way to defend it, the survivor's objective is not being met.  A NH needs to be buff enough to run away from super aggressive survivors who can grapple and UV a NH pretty much at the same time wearing him down until it's an easy kill.

I come into the topic thinking something else about "handicaps."

It is frustrating to go into a game with the experience of the player and the level of the character are so different. I come across so few games where we are evenly matched both as a player and the character. I'm all for the NH buffs that they recently implemented. The survivor had quite a few one hit kill techniques compared the NH's two--pounce and spikes. NH can't even pick up a canister or make it explode without doing damage to himself. DFA is my bane especially after a pounce miss on a roof--I fall down and get DFAed. NH have no long range weapons. Survivors have a rifles to make a NH stop watching from distance without "howl vision" or a survivor can throw a flare in a NH's hiding spot to flush him out.

Anyway, I'm thinking a handicap system should be put in place based on a wins versus losses. The handicap could be in the form of the number of humans a NH has to kill, the number of nests a survivor has to destroy, the distance from a nest a player spawns, spawn times, distance between nests, number nest groups a NH has to defend, etc.

An example handicap an Apex Predator versus a low level survivor might have to kill 20 humans while defending two nest groups some distance apart while the humans he kills respawns near the other nest group! I would say that would be a near impossibility for a NH to win no matter how buff he is. Adjust the handicap based on the wins versus losses and the strength of a player and the character will automatically level out.

The survivors' story objective is to destroy the nest so you have fewer volatiles to deal with in the story. The NH's objective is to defend the nests. What the game has turned into for some is chase down and kill the NH while ignoring the nests. While drawing survivors away from the nest is a way to defend it, the survivor's objective is not being met. A NH needs to be buff enough to run away from super aggressive survivors who can grapple and UV a NH pretty much at the same time wearing him down until it's an easy kill.

Unfortunately people just beginning to grasp the mechanics of the NH will have to match up with skilled survivors and vice versca to keep the pvp aspect of the game going. Otherwise one could wait no telling how long, even over an hour maybe to get matched with a player that is of same skill.

Now I'm not completely sure and somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but the new ranking system that was applied to the NH and survivors, will in fact match players based on their rank (wins to losses). As to your idea for a handicap system, I can see your intentions and how this would be a good idea considering the less skilled players on both sides of the fight. But I can also see abuse in the system as well. Seeing how easy it is to create a new account. While that is not wrong to do, it happens quite a bit.

Now I'm not completely sure and somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but the new ranking system that was applied to the NH and survivors, will in fact match players based on their rank (wins to losses). As to your idea for a handicap system, I can see your intentions and how this would be a good idea considering the less skilled players on both sides of the fight. But I can also see abuse in the system as well. Seeing how easy it is to create a new account. While that is not wrong to do, it happens quite a bit.

It ranks by your level instead of your win/loss ratio (although that may be a factor somewhere). The problem with this in the past was that Night Hunters would find less matches past level 21 because the survivors levels didn't pass 24/25. So they'd then have to start a new save file in order to get matches at a regular pace again.

I had a level 51 Night Hunter and would wait almost 30 minutes at a time to get a match. I started over and leveled up a new hunter to level 14 with matches one after the other. The first few were almost exclusively noobs who had no idea how to play but once you get to the upper teens you'll get almost nothing but level 24/25 survivors.

There are times when the only games available are vast mismatches.  I will sometimes invade a game even when the warning pops up that the players are much more experienced and I'm likely to lose.  It's either invade with a guaranteed loss or not play at all.  Sometimes it's the other way around.  The weaker players, though, will typically bail even if I try to coach them.  (I suspect a language barrier in many cases.)  There are very few close matches and when I get them I really enjoy them.  I really wish I could record my games, but my GPU is too slow.  I've both won and lost by a hair's breath.  The last one was a successful UV spit smash and only had to pounce the last human when my last nest was destroyed.  Another was a comeback when my last nest was being destroyed when I got off a successful triple leapfrog to win the match.  Those I really like.

By handicapping based on objective--and adding in a boss reward for either side--then we might get more players turning on co-op and allowing invasions.  Adjust the objectives to each sides past performances, then more matches will be evenly matched and more exciting.

Right now, I just keep playing and hope for a good even match.

It ranks by your level instead of your win/loss ratio (although that may be a factor somewhere). The problem with this in the past was that Night Hunters would find less matches past level 21 because the survivors levels didn't pass 24/25. So they'd then have to start a new save file in order to get matches at a regular pace again.

I had a level 51 Night Hunter and would wait almost 30 minutes at a time to get a match. I started over and leveled up a new hunter to level 14 with matches one after the other. The first few were almost exclusively noobs who had no idea how to play but once you get to the upper teens you'll get almost nothing but level 24/25 survivors.

Is that the reason for making the levels start over when a NH mutates?  That would make sense in a way, but only creates a low level character with a very experienced player.  I'm sure a very experienced player with a level 1 NH can dominate lower level survivors played by an inexperienced player.

If this is the case, then I might go ahead and mutate to 2 so I can get better matches.

Ah, yes I see, I should have been more elaborate on my statement 'wins to losses' as the ranking system for the titles of both NH and survivor is dependant upon wins/losses. As to whether matches are paired with the similar ranks I am unsure, because I do get a lot of lower title ranks connecting to me as an Ultimate Survivor, more so than higher titles of the NH. This reason could be, and I assume that there are less of the higher titles of NH. Thanks for the input Jcks!

There are times when the only games available are vast mismatches.  I will sometimes invade a game even when the warning pops up that the players are much more experienced and I'm likely to lose.  It's either invade with a guaranteed loss or not play at all.  Sometimes it's the other way around.  The weaker players, though, will typically bail even if I try to coach them.  (I suspect a language barrier in many cases.)  There are very few close matches and when I get them I really enjoy them.  I really wish I could record my games, but my GPU is too slow.  I've both won and lost by a hair's breath.  The last one was a successful UV spit smash and only had to pounce the last human when my last nest was destroyed.  Another was a comeback when my last nest was being destroyed when I got off a successful triple leapfrog to win the match.  Those I really like.

By handicapping based on objective--and adding in a boss reward for either side--then we might get more players turning on co-op and allowing invasions.  Adjust the objectives to each sides past performances, then more matches will be evenly matched and more exciting.

Right now, I just keep playing and hope for a good even match.

Is that the reason for making the levels start over when a NH mutates?  That would make sense in a way, but only creates a low level character with a very experienced player.  I'm sure a very experienced player with a level 1 NH can dominate lower level survivors played by an inexperienced player.

If this is the case, then I might go ahead and mutate to 2 so I can get better matches.

Yeah you should get matched better at lower levels. Once you get into the teens you'll at least have some skills to fight off against max level survivors.

However this is completely dependent on new players playing BtZ. I feel sorry for the people who play Night Hunter trying to level up when there's nothing but tryhards online.

Ah, yes I see, I should have been more elaborate on my statement 'wins to losses' as the ranking system for the titles of both NH and survivor is dependant upon wins/losses. As to whether matches are paired with the similar ranks I am unsure, because I do get a lot of lower title ranks connecting to me as an Ultimate Survivor, more so than higher titles of the NH. This reason could be, and I assume that there are less of the higher titles of NH. Thanks for the input Jcks!

Yeah I think the titles are more for show than anything. That was something that was implemented halfway through so I'm not sure they incorporated it into the matchmaking system. Pete can probably elaborate more on that.

Edited by jcks

Apparently, you do get matched with lesser experienced players when you are of lower rank.

After figuring out how to duplicate my save game, I went ahead and mutated up.  I immediately started getting matches with less experienced players.  The first match was one poor little guy that was 6 and 7's in rank, and he bailed after a couple of kills.  I ranked up and got the horde spit. The next was 3 players, two of which were maxed out and the other of higher level.  Even with only the horde spit I handled them easily.  They destroyed 1 nest, knew to use UV against me, could grapple, knew to get high to evade the horde, but their defensive play was very weak.

OTOH, when I was high ranked I'd occasionally get a very low level, inexperienced player.  So, this morning might simply be coincidence, I don't know.  Either way, I look forward to more matches.

humans be crying ur when you still have a very big advantage in about 80 percent of the game a good night hunter is one the can secure kills because most humans can medkit spam nhp spam their way past anything as far as melee combat humans have very big advantage overall if u cant utilize your idk 100+item backpack right thats your fault not ours

True and I guess I was upset cause I found out about the new NH buffs the hard way

So I'm a little lost here, when was there an update? I'm on ps4 and checked update history and looked if there was an update available and found nothing I haven't noticed any "buffs" to the night hunter so all this talk about the new patch is quite confusing

So I'm a little lost here, when was there an update? I'm on ps4 and checked update history and looked if there was an update available and found nothing I haven't noticed any "buffs" to the night hunter so all this talk about the new patch is quite confusing

Here you go Rexarus30! This is a link to the post about the update..

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/10665-btz-balance-update-today/#entry35023

ELO Rank "In My Opinion" is Detrimental to the Experience as The Zombie.

Because the Player Base is (1) Not Large Enough to Accommodate this. (2) Experienced Night Hunters have a High ELO Score. Which often puts them Out of Range of the Current Human Player Base.