Sign in to follow this  
Reece

Techland Play Be The Zombie

Hold on! Before you think this is some post about me complaining about the game mode you're wrong! Instead I wanted to see if some of the Techland crew could play Be The Zombie, and post videos about their own matches.

Not only will they figure out things to balance, but also something we can enjoy to watch after a hard match on Be The Zombie.

An even better idea would be, one Techland crew plays as survivors while the other plays as a Night Hunter. They could battle each other and the one that gets the most wins will win!

Please Techland if you can, please do this.

Hold on! Before you think this is some post about me complaining about the game mode you're wrong! Instead I wanted to see if some of the Techland crew could play Be The Zombie, and post videos about their own matches.

Not only will they figure out things to balance, but also something we can enjoy to watch after a hard match on Be The Zombie.

An even better idea would be, one Techland crew plays as survivors while the other plays as a Night Hunter. They could battle each other and the one that gets the most wins will win!

Please Techland if you can, please do this.

They wont do that, first because the forum is as dead as the game itself, as i have been cheking it from time to time and im right now the one who posts more often, so yeah devs make a forum to not check it, cool.

Second, i already gave up on them balancing the game, because they probably WANT the game to be unbalanced so survivors can win, this way they get more people on the game

Only solutions for unbalanced games are:

1: Quit the game like i did

2: Join the OP side and win all your games as survivor (unless you are really bad as survivor)

3: Quit games against good survivors that will spam the hell out of you and just play against players that dont know how broken this game is and can be.

If you dont like those solutions, then you can just keep playing in the same way and keep complaining, but that wont do a thing

I for myself, as im getting a new graphic card next week, i will try it on dying light, as its so badly optimized that is the game that runs worse on my computer from all the games on my steam library, if i can run this game on high i know that i will be able to run all games on high for the next 5 or 10 years (if they are not optimized like dying light that is)

Its sad to see a game like this with so badly balanced pvp, but i guess this company doesnt have much experience on multiplayer side, hell even dead island on PC had autoaim for guns that you couldnt turn off, that was just silly, and those kind of things just show the kind of company they are.

I know for sure, this is the last game from techland that i get (with money. that is)

Instead i will get mirrors edge catalyst that has the parkour from the original game from whose techland got the idea about the parkour in the first place, and just play that instead.

Edited by frylander

Yeah some people say it runs horribly on computer because of optimization, however they said just to turn down field of view. I can't imagine what it's like on PC is it really filled with hackers like people say it is?

Yeah some people say it runs horribly on computer because of optimization, however they said just to turn down field of view. I can't imagine what it's like on PC is it really filled with hackers like people say it is?

If you play for some hours you will get matched for sure with atleast 1 hacker, maybe more, i would list you the hackers i got into my own black list but i throw it to the trash as i quitted the game, still, i can remember one guy called "Rush" that was a cheater, with teleport to spawn, instakilling nests and stuff like that, i could tell you of more if i had my list.

About the field of view thing, it helps but its not as optimizated as it should be.

They do play their game. Pete plays on pc I believe and before the game released the devs did a demo match. I'll link to my post that shows this when I get to my home computer.

I would like it more if people answered to the actual problem instead to what they want

Yeah, i get it, the post pretty much sais "devs play your game" but i believe you got the point of why he said that, he wants them to realize how unbalanced it is, but that isnt gonna happen as devs usually are not as good as some users and therefore wont exploit the game to those levels

If i had to ask, i would like something like "Techland Devs, play as the hunter against "x" survivor", or even 4 different survivors, being him or them a set of good survivors out there, then maybe they would realize how broken their game is.

For casuals against casuals, the game feels pretty much OK, but its when you get against people that duplicated all their sh** and that spams like there is no tomorrow when you know how bad the game is in that matter.

So yeah, i vote for a "Devs play against a good survivor as hunter" instead.

Edited by frylander

From Pete:

I'd love to ban all the cheaters in BTZ if I could!  Unfortunately, banning cheaters on PC is easier said than done. We can't just ban people that are reported somewhere without due diligence.  I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy if someone listed your name there saying "dasarrow is a cheater!" and we just went ahead and banned you.

I mainly play on PC myself.  In my experience cheating isn't quite that common.  If I do run into cheaters, I log their name and move on.  No point in even trying to play a full game with them.  Better off not wasting your time with "script kiddies". 

That being said, a lot of people feel like they are being cheated when they are losing and cannot figure out a good counter strategy to their opponents tactics.  I've been accused of cheating many times, just because some people don't know how to defend against an aggressive Hunter   ;)

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/10487-hey-techland-u-gotta-do-something-about-this/#entry34145

And here's my excerpt from another thread about devs playing the game:

dasorrow, I know. You're preaching to the choir.

I am giving a possible summary of what the developers think based on their previous statements on this issue. They had their reasons when structuring the mode to what it is today and although many of us sharply disagree with their reasoning they do have a understanding of the game's mechanics (they did build it after all). I believe at some point in it's lifetime this game was the exact opposite of what we have now. Based on trailers from before release there most likely wasn't any survivor sense or auto aim to assist in fending off the hunter. The hunter also from the looks of it seemed to possess some type of unblockable ground pounce similar to the monsters sneak attack in Evolve and a unavoidable tackle just like survivors dropkick. For reasons we can only assume were balance related these things were either taken out or modified to make them less effective.

My point is let's not paint the developers as incompetent or not understanding of zombie players. They are watching and listening to our feedback as well as trying to make the game fun for everyone. We have provided an overwhelming amount of feedback from the zombies point of view so all we can do now is wait and see incorporate some of our suggestions. It's definitely not an easy task so it will probably take them time to figure out how to solve some of the more pressing issues like camping spots in the mushroom cave or what to do about the DFA tower. All we can do is wait until the May patch to see how they solve these problems.

EDIT: I have a feeling this was what they were shooting for but unfortunately they did not account for the vast amount of counters at the survivors disposal.

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/10085-techland-are-you-ever-going-to-fix-multiplayer/#entry32440

this game is horrible they dont play their game enough maybe 1 time a week otherwise they would know the fustrations of having a human just dodge untill u miss a gp or there uv light renders u useless OH DONT GET CAUGHT CQC WELL U STUPID chupacabra THEY DESIGNED THE HUNTER FOR CQC!!! STFU!!!!

About the dev quote, if that dev played agressively against the survivors i have played against, he would end up dead without one single kill probably, as that is the worst thing you can do against a good player.

As i said before, i would rather watch some dev as hunter play against a GOOD survivor that has items duplicated all over the place and spams them, uses rais gun and bow and spams flares, etc.

Then we would see how they like it.

About the video, it couldnt be more unrepresentative of the actual gameplay, as the video is obviously scripted so they are no real matches, you can tell just by how survivors move like mindless bots, the actual game doenst feel AT ALL that easy for hunters, specially against good players which is quite the other way arround, you are the one slaughtered.

Devs, play the game as hunter against good players and post a video about it, i would laugh a lot.