Sign in to follow this  
Reece

Do We Keep This Game Alive?

So I've been playing Dying Light today and noticed some messages at the top left of the screen saying "Get the Night Hunter DLC at the PS4 shop" , "Turn invasions on to battle the Night Hunter" or "Play Be The Zombie mode to see what it's like on the other side of the quarantine".

And it's got me thinking, are we the ones keeping Dying Light alive?

From my past experiences of playing as a Survivor I remember what it felt like to Dropkick or Death From Above Night Hunters. After that it got me thinking more about the game its self and I say "Do people really enjoy doing quests, doing nothing but killing zombies in one hit?" and "Do they really like doing nothing, but parkouring around the map?"

This is just what I think about this game so far.

Yes, in my opinion, hunters are the only ones who keep the game alive for old users who have completed the campaign.

As i said in some other posts, the game gets pretty much boring after you complete the campaign and quests, and coop is not that big of a change to that, so all that remains is PVP

I think that is one of the main reasons that they dont want to balance the game, because that would actually make most survivors to just quit the game as they wouldnt be able to handle a balanced match, its like the hunter side is made so we can entertain the survivors letting them kill us easily so they can feel powerful and keep playing the game

That explains why they made the 3 new skills for the hunter that take ages to get, they WANT people to play a lot in the hunter side, probably because its the only thing that keeps the game alive, but it wont for long if it keeps this unbalanced, casuals will keep playing it but casuals are casuals, they will play for some time and move on to another game, good players will eventually get bored and leave for the lack of good matches, atleast hunter players (if there are any good hunters left, anyways)

The good survivors may stay, if they like winning unbalanced matches, if they do have some need of a challenge and a balanced match like i do then they may leave aswell.

But for my part, i wont contribute to what the devs are doing, making us hunters just cannon-meat so survivors keep playing the game, making us so easy to kill that is not even worth the try

So i quitted the game and so will most hunters eventually when they find out what the game is about and how unbalanced it is.

Explaining it briefly, the hunter mode right now its a "come play so survivors can feel like they have something left to do in our game and can win you in a unbalanced match so they feel OP and keep playing the game for a long time, oh and btw, here you have an unworthy skill that will take you ages to get so you keep playing the game too, thinking that the skill may actually change things a bit"

Hunters are just baits for survivors in this game, my opinion.

Edited by frylander

I agree. I've gotten so bored since I fully leveled up my Night Hunter to the point where I decided to start playing as a survivor again. It felt like I had no care in the world! All I ever did was kill the Night Hunter. Now however to move to some of your replies I saw that you said something about Night Hunters resetting their entire skill tree! This gives Survivors even more time to kill low-level Night Hunters.

Hopefully one day all of these Night Hunters will learn that Techland isn't focused on balancing this at all. Only giving Survivors the upper-hand.

I agree. I've gotten so bored since I fully leveled up my Night Hunter to the point where I decided to start playing as a survivor again. It felt like I had no care in the world! All I ever did was kill the Night Hunter. Now however to move to some of your replies I saw that you said something about Night Hunters resetting their entire skill tree! This gives Survivors even more time to kill low-level Night Hunters.

Hopefully one day all of these Night Hunters will learn that Techland isn't focused on balancing this at all. Only giving Survivors the upper-hand.

Glad to see someone who actually takes some of his time into reading my posts, some dont even bother on reading them, either because they are long posts (i like to make my points very clear) or because they dont want/cant argument what i said.

At what you said, yes, the easy answer to all this is... well, if the game is clearly unbalanced and helps the survivor side... just play survivor

But the problem with that is as you said, its so easy to kill even good hunters that it becomes something like a walk in the park, it doesnt differ much from the campaing as it doesnt offer a real challenge, that is because its so easy on the survivor side to just take care of things.

Therefore, instead of going for the easy wins that dont fullfill my needs of a good and balanced match, i moved on to another game that is more balanced and more skill-based and let this game to die on my account.

About the skill tree that you saw in my posts, this is how it exactly works if you want to know.

There are 3 new skills, the sense spit, the toxic spit and the UV heal. For you to be able to get each one of them you have to get max level and then, reset all your skills and start all over.

This is called mutation, and there are 3 stages to it, 1 new skill per mutation, meaning that you have to reset your skill tree 3 times to get all skills.

But it doesnt end there, i thought it was a bug, but apparently, this is the way its supposed to be... and this is, after first mutation, you have to get more levels to get skill points, meaning that each 4 levels or so you get 1 single skill point

This makes you go like...

mutation 0: 20 max level

Mutation 1: Max level 30

Mutation 2: Max level 40

Mutation 3: Max level 50

So to make it clear, if you want to mutate from mutation 2 to 3 in order to get the last skill, you have to reach level 40 first and then all the over to 50 again

Those levels are aproximations as i dont remember how many levels it takes, but yeah they are kinda accurate

This is to force hunters to play more and keep the game alive, but not anymore for me, i didnt even get all the skills in the mutation 3, i wont satisfy the devs with that, ill just let this game to rot until they actually care for the community