EDIT: There's already a cooldown for flares. If you throw 3 consecutive flares you must wait about 2 seconds before throwing another one. However this cooldown can be bypassed if you space out your throws and the timing between each.

I dont mean that kind of cooldown, what i mean is that you have 3 flares max, if you use 3 at once you cant use more until after 1 min has past, to put it in some way.

It's just like spits, you throw a singel flare, and your inventory will state that you have 2 flares left, and will start recharging one of them as you already used one.

If you use a second one, it will state only 1 is left, and it will keep recharging until the first one is recharged again, then it will start recharging the second flare, and so on.

But i dont mean a cooldown of just... 2 seconds, which is worthless for the hunter (specially if they already used 3 flares at once...), i mean a huge cooldown for each flare they use, like 1 min to get that flare back and so on.

THAT may actually stop spammers and therefore balance the game without having to nerf the dodge skill of survivors.

Still, maybe a nerf on the dodge may be useful too, just a little one, maybe just add a stamina bar, just a huge one so you can dodge 6 times in a row, or run for put like 10 seconds nonstop, but after that the bar runs out and you have to walk and recharge it, something like that maybe. Only 4 dodges may be too much, but something like this should be more normal as a good survivor can try and get stamina back between dodges

Therefore, taking skill to be played, and not just playing a "uv flashlight and flare launcher simulator"

As always, just my opinion though.

Edited by frylander

Xiao that's proving even more unbalanced reasons, you landed a spit perfectly on a survivor but they can still counter it. Everything the Night Hunter can do has a counter to it. But we can't counter DFA, dropkick needs a ground pound just to overcome the radius of the dropkick but latency in the matches are making it impossible to. Also we cannot counter cloak potions, camouflage, and water.

The Humans are Over Powered as it Stands.

The Night Hunter has a Finite Stamina Bar. The Humans have Unlimited Stamina Bars (If Max Level)

That is Fine for Player VS Environment, but for Player VS Player it is Unbalanced.

A lot of the Problems with Be the Zombie could be Remedied by Giving the Humans Finite Stamina Bars.

As a Side Note: Rapid Traversal with the Grapel should also cost Stamina. Or have a Cool Down.

Xiao that's proving even more unbalanced reasons, you landed a spit perfectly on a survivor but they can still counter it. Everything the Night Hunter can do has a counter to it. But we can't counter DFA, dropkick needs a ground pound just to overcome the radius of the dropkick but latency in the matches are making it impossible to. Also we cannot counter cloak potions, camouflage, and water.

Being you a moderator as you are, do you have any clue if this is being worked on in any way?

Like, the forum seems pretty full of posts like this, but some are from march, so is there any point in keep posting topics like these or are we just wasting our time?

I do really want to know because i do appreciate my time, and if the company doesnt read, cant, or just doesnt think the same, then i can just stop wasting my time and move on to another game, you know.

Because if im not wrong, you are a moderator but you dont speak in the name of the company, am i right?

Therefore i would like to see some word from them on what are they doing on this topic, if they are doing something at all.

So please, being you a moderator i hope atleast you can clarify something.

Thanks beforehand

Moderators aren't involved with the development of the game. They are just here to moderate forum discussions. The only devs that have been involved in BtZ so far are George and Pete.

Thanks for the tip.

Then as it looks, we arent gonna get any balance patch any time soon as, apparently this has been discussed for months now and there is no sign of change.

What a shame if you ask me.

Can't believe i have to clarify this.. here goes:

It   is    a    bug  

a   one    time    thing

it   doesnt    prove    anything

basically   what    im    saying    is

you   cant    dodge    out    of    a    spit    that    is    landed    on    you

the    video    just    shows    a    bug    or    lag    

just   like    how    sometimes    cannisters    do    0  dmg    

Xiao that's proving even more unbalanced reasons,

no it doesn't

you landed a spit perfectly on a survivor but they can still counter it.

no they can't

Everything the Night Hunter can do has a counter to it.

It would be far too OP if survivors couldn't counter a specific attack / skill from the hunter. E.g. can't counter spits, slam, tackle.

But we can't counter DFA,

thats true, but its hard to do...you ever tried getting above a hunter? and maybe you should play more careful and use your wits to not make a human be above you.

dropkick needs a ground pound just to overcome the radius of the dropkick but latency in the matches are making it impossible to.

dropkick doesn't always work 100%...you need to be out of stamina for it to work majority of the time, and still...ground pound can counter dropkick. latency or not, you need to time it well to counter it, just like how we have to time our dodges for your tackles, and efficient dodge out of your slams, and spits.

Also we cannot counter cloak potions, camouflage, and water.

and we can't counter water....and as for cloak potions, not many people use them, infact 99% people don't. So this is not an issue.

Also before i get negative repped:

- I acknowledge humans are stronger than hunters

- I acknowledge bows are op

​- I acknowledge things need to be changed in order to necessitate balance 

However dodge needs not be changed, it can be tweaked ever so slightly to increase cool-downs between dodges, but anything past 1.5 seconds would make it extremely hard to dodge out of spits, slams and tackle spamming. It's fairly difficult to the average player as it is.

Also like to bring your attention to a developers quote:

The Hunter is not intended to be at advantage 

This suggests that survivors are meant to be stronger than hunters. Arguably though, the gap is too wide, and survivors do need slight tweaks. 

I think a lot of hunters out there are too ignorant to understand that they win the majority of their games, and that obviously against a strong team, or strong survivor, things will be difficult... however I've noticed...against a strong hunter on HARD difficulty, the game is fairly balanced to a certain degree, not completely balanced, but if a hunter plays his cards right, and uses strategies, he can overcome even the best survivor, despite the odds of how imbalanced it is.

I believe incorporating a system where the hunter gains 50% more hp per survivor in-game, will fix a lot of issues regarding being "gang banged" to death.

and incorporating a maximum number of flares thrown per game to 10-15 will fix issues of hunters complaining about flare spammers

As for bow, it can remain the same if hunters get a boost in hp, since 3 explosions from 1 arrow deals 100 damage, if the hunter has 50 more hp, itll take 2 arrows, which will be difficult to do against a hunter who's jumping around and spamming his skillsets.

Then you have UV, just reduce the durability ever so slightly, so you don't have survivors aimlessly holding it down. Reduce durability, increase recharge.

Changing anything too drastically like nerfing dodges to some cooldown, or maximum of 5 dodges...you will find a lot of the good survivors just not bothering to play anymore, and casuals just getting destroyed even more than they do now against hunters. In my opinion nerfing survivors to the ground which a lot of you have suggested in the forums will just make Be the Zombie mode worse than it already is. You'll see less survivors, and of the survivors left they will be casuals, who don't know how to play, and you'll see more hunters because they've been buffed. So you'll have longer games to find matches. I for one will quit, and i'm sure many others will too, if they drastically alter the survivors to a point where it becomes near impossible to beat even a decent hunter, let along a strong one.

The aim is to find a gap that you can fill without over nerfing or over buffing. Small tweaks like the ones I've suggested will do that. It's for the developers now to see these posts, take up the suggestions and test them for themselves.

Edited by xiao

...and how many survivors do you see using shield, let alone have the efficiency to change to shield, and crouch in a matter of 1 second to counter it.

my point was relatively aiming at the fact you can't counter a spit via dodging when the spit is on you. If this does happen it is either lag, or a bug.

Edited by xiao

...and how many survivors do you see using shield, let alone have the efficiency to change to shield, and crouch in a matter of 1 second to counter it.

my point was relatively aiming at the fact you can't counter a spit via dodging when the spit is on you. If this does happen it is either lag, or a bug.

I haven't had a chance to test it but there are multiple instances where spits stuck don't register. If that's the case then yes it's a bug because neither side can reproduce it at will. However if it's like crouching in a corner or using the riot shield then it is an exploit because one side is able to use the glitch at will to their advantage.

Bugs you can't control (canisters not dealing damage), exploits you can (glitched second floor of the tower).

I haven't had a chance to test it but there are multiple instances where spits stuck don't register. If that's the case then yes it's a bug because neither side can reproduce it at will. However if it's like crouching in a corner or using the riot shield then it is an exploit because one side is able to use the glitch at will to their advantage.

Bugs you can't control (canisters not dealing damage), exploits you can (glitched second floor of the tower).

Yes. I think today, facing Diavolo...he uv block spitted me, and it disappeared...i was too busy dodging and concentrating on uv to take notice, but diavolo (i've lost all respect for him now) just rages and calls me a hacker and quits. Diavolo also thinks if you aim uv towards the sky you're a modder, because of my high sens i was able to avoid his pounce where he was directly above me. Again rages and quits.

As for exploits, some players do, but they're a minority.

Spits don't really take forever to explode. You have to take into account in most scenarios where a hunter is spitting, the survivor is at a nest, with zombies around him...countless times i've had zombies grabbing me, or just making me slower, or geting in the way of dodges to avoid spits. Its the environment that gets you more than the hunter believe it or not. Take Oldtown for example... today facing Touka, we nearly lost 3v1, and we're 3 really good survivors. Sometimes the map can make a big difference and the difficulty.

But to get on topic, dodge doesn't and shouldn't be nerfed too hard, increasing the cooldown by like 0.5 - 1 second is enough. The main aspects of nerfing should come to the utilities or buffing the hunter ever so slightly. Anyone who thinks that it needs to be nerfed more than expressed needs to take a long hard look at what the consequences are. It'll be mere impossible even for the strongest survivors to counter a decent hunter. This is obviously not what the developers intended.

I think all we can do is wait and see what happens. Pointless even having discussions on it now. Nevertheless, if a strong hunter can deal with strong survivors to the point of it being a relatively good game (e.g. only 2-3 lives left) i think the majority of hunters, including ones here, should take a look at themselves (e.g. improve their own gameplay and strategies) before exaggerating on how op a survivor is. Needless to say, as i've articulated thousands of times, the survivor is op, just not that much to entail heavy nerfs and stuff that some of you have stated like dasorrow.

Edited by xiao

hey they did not implement that patch they said it themselfs they made a mistake and still have yet to plug it into btz and yes as you saw in jacks videos people do that alot its called the void technique where the dodge sends your movies to the voids of space with a well timed dodge or crouch or even a simple jump all of these cancel out the spit it is done when it pop it will send this and GP to another dimension we have already proven this with vids besides the one of jack 

Edited by dasorrow

Well, I'll take a break, the mutation level 3 will wait. Between the game canceled when the survivor does not tolerate made me to kill him once and magnetic drop kick, constantly dodging etc. I saturate. The glaring imbalance of BTZ weighs me up 3 times max lvl is super long and skill points which disappears. It's awful.

find it super fucked up that hunters are rendered useless with uv lamp that never goes out and has unlimited range and a stamina system that lets them move freely forever this is stupid devs are retards games to one sided

Need be max level for the stamina system to be of use, and i'm sure hard difficulty reduces stamina ? can't specifically remember.

AS for uv lamp, it runs out, you just got to keep hopping around wasting the uv. Although tbh, it is about 5 seconds too long than it should be.

The UV flashlight recharges faster than the energy of the hunter , even when fully discharged.

I am still able to tell me that I make a mistake and when my opponents know how to play . But for the BTZ , the imbalance is such that I do not recognize anything in the capacity of " good players " , given the ease with which it can destroy the hunter , without being able to do anything . Apart succeed in killing one or two humans with much luck and no remaining active skills.

an unlimited stamina for movement and melee attacks, adds more imbalance. But even without it, the imbalance remains obvious.

The UV flashlight recharges faster than the energy of the hunter , even when fully discharged.

I am still able to tell me that I make a mistake and when my opponents know how to play . But for the BTZ , the imbalance is such that I do not recognize anything in the capacity of " good players " , given the ease with which it can destroy the hunter , without being able to do anything . Apart succeed in killing one or two humans with much luck and no remaining active skills.

an unlimited stamina for movement and melee attacks, adds more imbalance. But even without it, the imbalance remains obvious.

I like to challenge myself vs some hunters and handicap myself.

Edited by xiao

Precisely, this is not normal. A good multiplayer experience is primarily a balanced game by the devs. This story of handicaps, proves that there is a big problem in the BTZ and the hunters are destroyed.

Players from BTZ (humans) who have several hours of the game are not very many, if not, the hunters would have much more trouble to win their games. I first played much in human, much easier to find a game, at first it's certainly scary but then when you have understood that you have a huge advantage, the hunter you break it like a vulgar twig. Everything is disadvantageous for him, as for the survivors, it's just the opposite.

It's a fact.

Keep the dodging system as it is. I play a lot of zombie mode and beat a lot of good people, but not always. If the dodging system was limited it would be way too easy for good zombie players.

Keep the dodging system as it is. I play a lot of zombie mode and beat a lot of good people, but not always. If the dodging system was limited it would be way too easy for good zombie players.

Thanks, someone who agrees with me