Sign in to follow this  
Reece

Explosive Arrow

Since The Bozak Horde DLC came out it introduced the Bow, it was something countless players have adored. However, since players unlocked the crafting recipe for Explosive Arrows, they started abusing its power and caused havoc to the Night Hunter.

It does 50 damage with each explosion, whenever I as a Night Hunter ran out of stamina people took out their bow with explosive arrows and killed me in less then 3 seconds.

Can you do something about this? Either remove explosive arrows from Be The Zombie or nerf the arrow (damage, how long it takes to explode, or a bigger crafting recipe to stop duping)

yes. may be u still havent met a skilled Robin Hoods, but your life is before you)

Robin Hood ;D

A lot of hunters who are complaining about the bow don't even have the dlc, let alone to bow...so how would they know how op it is...its hard to use , and isn't that op. Takes a while to get used to it, and if you're a robin hood, yeah..you'll be op, and it seems op...but for god sake, its taken me 600 games against hunters with the bow to even get efficient with it.

I acknowledge in the arms of a robin hood, that the bow is op, but thats only if its a good survivor, hunters should expect a challenge against a good survivor, we get penalized for making mistakes, so should hunters. You need to play a really strong game, or perfect one to beat a robin hood 1v1.

Humans are op, bow is op...thats uncontested, but a lot of hunters are exaggerating how op. Every hunter wants to win all their games with ease. Statistically most hunters probably win their games. Well at least thats from what i've seen, or heard. So, i think its clear a few are just moaning because they're losing hard to a skilled survivor. Expect a challenge.

Edited by xiao

You sound like one of those types of survivors that thinks the Night Hunter is overpowered. Listen all us Night Hunter are doing what we can. But we can't stop your DFA or Dropkicks. All we can do is use are abilities to are fullest, so should the survivors.

"All we can do is use are abilities to are fullest, so should the survivors. "

that's why we drop-kick, and use bow...

I don't think hunters are op -- where does it suggest that in my post. 

Thing I've found with players who play Hunter:

They're silent and don't complain about the bow when they're winning, but cry about it when they're losing to one.

My whole post, even on other thread is simply saying: Get good at hunter, and practice. Bow should take 2 arrows or 5 explosions to kill hunter, not what it is now, thats fair, so bow is to a small extent overpowered, but not as overpowered as you all make it out to be. 

Besides in 4v1 scenarios, bow is useless because you'll just end up killing your team-mates with it.

Edited by xiao

No what you don't understand is that people dupe explosive arrows and spam them. The Night Hunter is best at close quarters, however I've seen people use this weapon in close corners and take almost no damage from their own explosions.

You also keep on saying get good as a Night Hunter, that's not the case. If this weapon can do extreme damage to the Night Hunter in CQC but not to the Humans you know something needs to be done about it.

No what you don't understand is that people dupe explosive arrows and spam them. The Night Hunter is best at close quarters, however I've seen people use this weapon in close corners and take almost no damage from their own explosions.

You also keep on saying get good as a Night Hunter, that's not the case. If this weapon can do extreme damage to the Night Hunter in CQC but not to the Humans you know something needs to be done about it.

Well max ammo for explosive is 15 arrows You craft 5 at a time, each craft takes about 2 seconds....so 6 seconds you have yourself 15 arrows again

(Usually, I craft mine when I kill the hunter)

As for not taking damage, I see that as near impossible, unless its a bug (there's loads of bugs in this game still), or lag, or the human is cheating.

Usually if you're about 5m from the explosions you get knocked down, and take damage the closer you're...so if you're about 1-2m away, you'll kill yourself.

So close combat...not that great if you die or get knocked back in 0~5m radius.

As for spam, well... have you tried spamming arrows? you fire 1 every 1 - 1.5 seconds roughly at close range without having to hold the arrow back for range. Usually these arrows again will kill you, or knock you back, which is bad vs. a hunter...unless you kill him. For longer range its like 1 every 2-3 seconds, which is enough time for a hunter to move out the way. Oh and did i say its hard to hit.

I think a lot of hunters do get confused that a human is "spamming" the arrows, when in actually fact its probably only 1-2 arrows, since each explosive arrow is 3 explosions, sometimes, very rarely 4, from what I've seen just testing it.

Something does need to happen to the bow though, my thoughts are:

- Make each arrow either 2 explosions, so it takes 2 arrows to kill hunters (and when I say 2, I mean direct hits - which is really difficult)

- Reduce damage slightly, so it takes 4 explosions, not 3.

- 2 Direct hits regardless of explosions.

- Fix the explosions, if you're near a object, surface, wall, and arrow lands 50m away, 1-2 of the 3 explosions will hit you, not where the hunter is.

- Fix team-damage, atm the bow is useless in team-games, because you just team-kill so easily. Maybe make it 30-50% damage reduction to team-mates.

Arguably the bow should only be used when the hunter misses a slam, other-than that, other weapons, or the environment is more efficient at killing.

But again, you see a lot of hunters who do beat humans with bow not even complaining about how "op" it is, why?, because most likely those humans are not robin hoods, or are good at the game, so why should it be fair when you lose to one, you can complain, its so contradictory. It is overpowered, but only by a slightest margin. I can't imagine how hard it will be to defeat strong hunters like booba, touka, diavolo if this bow gets nerfed to the point where it takes 3-4 arrows. I mean it'll be useless using.

Btw reece add me: saengjonja xIAO

Edited by xiao

What I'm trying so say is imagine you having no UV blocks and you're out of stamina. It's not a level up, or get good type of situation. All you can do is limp to safety however this is impossible because they have a clear shot at you and it has 3 explosions! All explosions can do 50 damage! Now you would say the exact same thing if my energy ran out and the Human was using a sword, but at least I can ground pound and have a chance to actually get away.

Called a gap closer, you'll realise a human needs that against someone who spams slam and tackle.

My guess is you should use ur uv block effectively and stamina wise more carefully.

Yeah but at least they shouldn't make it nearly impossible to escape with people using bows when you have no stamina.

thats the point though, if you have no stamina why should you escape, besides rifle gun and pistol still can be used besides bow, just bow is more efficient.

high level hunters can escape though, they seem to never run out of stamina xD

You can dodge the GP, the tackle, the spits, scratches attacks. Evasion has no cooldown, it can be spam and it becomes ridiculously easy to kill a hunter.

DK makes a connection between the survivor and the hunter is magnetic and completely broken. The hunter is super vulnerable when magnifying a ground pound. The human right to pretend to advance: dodge and then it kills you makes you extremely OR almost (8HP). The powerful blow removes 90% of the life of the NH, the humans can kill it in two hits instead of three. Moreover, while mutations could solve the problem, the hunter can kill the survivors with four hits and he has no resistance / health boost. he needs it, it is vital.

The Night Hunter should always have a way to escape. We don't have infinite medkits to heal our selves instantly.

Why would we even play this game mode if whenever are energy would be drained would we just die? If you played as Night Hunter you would know what it's like to get killed by these types of people. All you can think of when you're respawning was "Did they really think an explosive arrow for multiplayer be a good idea?"

Not only that but when Night Hunters make a mistake they usually die, but survivors however can make many mistakes with no punishment and sometimes even get rewards because of it!

Now read what I just said and think if adding an explosive bow to multiplayer was a good idea.

If you played as Night Hunter you would know what it's like to get killed by these types of people. All you can think of when you're respawning was "What the chupacabra were they thinking !?"

Pretty much sums up my multiplayer experience opposing hunters completely abusing skills i.e DFA, DK, Explosive Arrows and such. 

games gone to hell people like xiao make it harder for devs and mods to solve problems because they nay say everything without any proof but our previous post all have proof of what we speak vidoes screen shots and other players feedbacks your 1 outta 100 that says thos things and we are all 1outta 3 that say what we do so im pretty sure your not right your an opinion community is a fact

Man I really don't care what the devs do, I can beat 95% of hunters with fists only (so this kinda validates humans are op, or most hunters are just bad, vice versa with most survivors).

Point is the more you mutate and acknowledge that you can actually counter-play the explosive arrows, dropkicks etc.. the more you'll realise that what you're moaning about isn't that relevant.

Yes the bow is op to a certain degree, but dropkicks? not that op, its not even that magnetic, the amount of drop-kicks I've done where it just goes right through the hunter...besides strong hunters are tough in melee range, we need gap closers. Again you don't see humans complaining about how hunters can spam smash and tackle to the point where in 1v1, 2v1 situations you can't do nothing but dodge until you eventually die.

and @dasorrow ...its not about being the minority, or majority. I don't see any strong hunters complaining except boobafino - coincidence? I dunno. I'm not even defending that the bow shouldn't be nerfed, i've already stated its op, but the way you describe you all being "1 hit" all the time and the bow "1 hitting" nests is bullshit. You'll only be one hit if you stand still....or miss a slam. simple. And whos fault is that? yours.

Again, if you read my post, i said bow is pretty shocking in multiplayer, killing team-mates etc is standard, or knocking them back. its better in 1v1 , or 2v1 sitations. ...the games ive been in, its very rare to see bow being used in 4v1 games.

Edited by xiao

Boobafino is a pc? well ive faced a hunter called boobafinno few times on the pc...so unless you can play vs console players as well, ive learnt something.

besides he is good, better than you.

doubtful there is no such thing as a good night hunter just one that got placed against someone worse than him and yeah i don't lose to often maybe once a day to 3 times a week i dont get on n rage about my loses i watch twitch people stream and help survivors learn the mechanics so they just dont get into invasion n feed im pretty active and my videos on post your matchs page u can see it there i dont have alot problems with survivor untill i bump into mr.all pro that just does everything in the book that he knows will garente him a win thats not something u can fight call all cenerios u want idc best hunter will never ever ever beat the best survivor point made  done

...but as developers said, hunters were not designed to be stronger than survivors, so its only natural and logical that the best survivor can and should beat the best hunter.

Besides there is such thing as a "good hunter"... some hunters i can beat with no weapons... thats how bad they're. Whereas the good hunters, i need to use weapons, and as for the very good ones, i have to use bow, or "tryhard" if i choose not to.

also who are you in-game?

Edited by xiao

The developers have not said that the hunter had to be humiliated and hunt as vulgar toy. A game with a good survivor. against a good hunter, will spend almost all the time in the same way. It will spam the dodge, while approaching nests, the pounce never happen, and attacks in melee will ended in failure (death in 80% of cases). Why?

DODGE, health kits completely broken, magnetic DK. and powerful attack that can smash the hunter in two attacks.

The hunter is alone, AI zombies are rarely useful. So no I do not find any normal this. Survivors can be up to four and you, you find it normal that the hunter is done completely atomized.

The developers have not said that the hunter had to be humiliated and hunt as vulgar toy. A game with a good survivor. against a good hunter, will spend almost all the time in the same way. It will spam the dodge, while approaching nests, the pounce never happen, and attacks in melee will ended in failure (death in 80% of cases). Why?

DODGE, health kits completely broken, magnetic DK. and powerful attack that can smash the hunter in two attacks.

The hunter is alone, AI zombies are rarely useful. So no I do not find any normal this. Survivors can be up to four and you, you find it normal that the hunter is done completely atomized.

More times than not its actually really difficult to melee a hunter who is spamming ground slam and tackle, which resorts in the survivor having to use guns or bow. In team-games its different, obviously if you're facing 4 it'll be harder, but you need to take into account that there are more nests and opportunities available to get more kills. Health kits are fine, they're not broken in hard difficulty, and DK is only effective when hunter is out of stamina, and even then sometimes my drop-kicks just go right through the hunter. If they were as magnetic as people make out, I won't be missing them.

Again the develops did speak about the melee damage, can't remember the exact quote but it did entail that hunters shouldn't really be trying to 1v1 a survivor melee style (i.e claw vs. weapon). And from experience, AI zombies are probably the biggest reason most strong survivors die, they can interrupt your grapplings to escape, grab you,and just generally be a pest around nests.

If you look at the hunter v survivor game as a whole, a birds eye view...you'll notice that...in more games than what you all seem to believe, the hunter is actually winning, and hunting the survivors. Again people will claim "oh this is because they're bad" -- but this suggests that most of the survivors you invade are bad. And if they're bad at playing something that is op...what hope do they have when survivors get nerfed? 

Everyone that plays slightly competitively acknowledges survivors are op though. We just have to wait and see what Techland have in store.

Edited by xiao