Sign in to follow this  
Reece

Explosive Arrow

Xiao what else can we use to effectively attack the human player with out taking damage. The answer is the ground pound. Reason why is you guys can swipe us down in 3 or 2 hits depending on your weapon and if  you do tackle combos. So why the flip would the hunter ever just go into the humans face and try to slap him silly. If you've seen a hunter effectively slap you silly and won the game kindly send me a video of that because stuff like that just doesn't and probably will never happen unless techland changes some stuff.

Xiao  to be honest pounce is out the door when playing against guys like you.  The tackle is just useless most of the time because I swear you guys are like almost conditioned to dodge it when you see the tackle animation happening. This just leaves claws and ground pound smash. Now a smart person would choose to use ground pound smash because you can use it from a distance with out taking any damage from the human. The developers made the hunter in mind for cqc and to have stealth. Stealth is completely just gone and cqc is clearly in your favor because you guys are more agile than us. Thats not even to say you guys have us beat at long range with guns and bows. Sure we have spits but I'm pretty sure there isn't a single hunter out there that has perfect aim so once we miss  we miss and that's not even to say if we get it close to your body you either can block it with a shield or dodge away.

As for the magnetic drop kick here is my two cents: 

Edited by kingsmall101

i am not a console player. i play only on PC))

bow(explosive arrows) is OP in matches 1vs4, 1vs3 experienced survivors, who use the bow. Survs have a DFA, which already make matches vs3/vs4 around unwinnable for hunters. and bow make it x2 unwinnable o_0.

of course teams of 3/4 experienced players is not a regular phenomenon, u meet them rarely. thats why so easy to be "Apex predator")

...but as developers said, hunters were not designed to be stronger than survivors, so its only natural and logical that the best survivor can and should beat the best hunter.

ye thats true. may be this game shouldn't to be balanced. fun is uber alles.

Edited by boobafinno

no disrespect ur fan xiao just bieng a tard n name dropping and his opinions are invalid as we have past forums that i know you have partook in that verifies alot of these post and topics that are popping up

no disrespect ur fan xiao just bieng a tard n name dropping and his opinions are invalid as we have past forums that i know you have partook in that verifies alot of these post and topics that are popping up

So my opinions that the survivor is op, the bow is op and the hunter needs buffing are invalid? Then what the hell are you arguing exactly?

I'm not fan of boobafinno, I'm just using him as an example of a strong hunter who can deal with a lot of things you're moaning about, it merely strengthens my argument that a lot of the hunters here complaining aren't that good, and should maybe learn how to play properly before complaining, just like how survivors need to learn to play vs night hunters.

Besides have you even read some of my posts, or better yet my suggestions? I guess not if you're making posts like the one above.

Although assuming you have read my posts, I'll state again, at least post back to me why I'm wrong, why my points are invalid... and give at least some structured reply for me to fall upon or give me some feedback, not some post that looks like it's written by some 12 year old raging.

Edited by xiao

Xiao can we get back to the fact that your example boobino just said bows,DFA , etc are op. Yes he can handle them even I can handle it you just dodge but it comes to a point where you just can't handle the bs anymore which results in a death. The most common thing I've seen humans do is intentionally blow themselves up when the night is near leaving a small window for one of their buddys to do some type of tackle combo. It's bullshit enough that we can get hurt during a missed tackle animation or a DK animation but then put explosive bows into that equation you almost feel like the devs just intended for the humans to have the upper hand hand on everything.

Xiao can we get back to the fact that your example boobino just said bows,DFA , etc are op. Yes he can handle them even I can handle it you just dodge but it comes to a point where you just can't handle the bs anymore which results in a death. The most common thing I've seen humans do is intentionally blow themselves up when the night is near leaving a small window for one of their buddys to do some type of tackle combo. It's bullshit enough that we can get hurt during a missed tackle animation or a DK animation but then put explosive bows into that equation you almost feel like the devs just intended for the humans to have the upper hand hand on everything.

So you agree with my point that strong hunters can deal with the bow , dfa, and dk's. And by "deal with" I don't mean win all the time, but I can guarantee most hunters have beaten humans who've used bow, dk and dfa before. So ultimately the point I made is agreeably correct. Whether a hunter can deal with the remainder depends on how good the hunter is, or how good the survivor is.

The remainder of your post just goes on to suggest that bow is op, which can i just clarify, is what I've been saying, directly and indirectly, in my posts. One post i stated its op just not as most conceive it to be, it doesn't take 1 direct arrow to kill you, it takes 3 explosions, there's a big difference, a hunter can move swiftly enough to avoid not only the arrow but the explosions...Spamming is an issue, but as you rightly pointed out, if you get close, the human can die, or get knocked off. So if the hunter manages to survive a close combat scenario where the human does in-fact get knocked over, its your opportunity to kill.

Yes I can deal with DK and rain of death but that's against people who don't utilize to its max potential. Against people who do this chupacabra where they time for a hunter to come in front of them so they can drop kick you and have their friend kill you during the animation of while your falling is straight bs. It makes me wonder how the spit pounce which was like the only good strategy the hunter had was removed. Why does the human have to be able to dodge every single attack? There's not a single thing the hunter can do if the attack is a camera locked attack.

Spit pounce was ridiculous, besides a see a lot of hunters not utilizing the effectiveness of slam and spit.

We'll have to just wait and see what Techland does, the recent patch was a complete waste, so heres hoping something happens. But I want to note that not a lot in my opinion will get changed. E.g. Survivors won't get nerfed too hard, since only about 10-15 survivors from my experience playing (300+hours) are "good". The rest even I could beat or have a good game with (despite the imbalance) if I bothered playing Hunter for about 100hours.

What I mean by this is basically referring back to my old posts: the majority of hunters win their games, as the majority of survivors don't know how to play, even after so long. So nerfing too hard (like dasorrows suggestions) would result in less survivors playing, and more hunters... and survivors will most likely lose a lot more of the games they're losing now. You'll have experienced survivors struggling vs 'just' decent hunters.

Things need to be changed, but not drastic changes. e.g. a flare "cap" to maximum of 10-15 is good to stop spammers.  Bow taking 5 explosions not 3 to kill hunter, or just simply increasing hunter hp by 50% per survivor - this would fix the "op" bow situation.

DUDE what you are not getting is that a hunter is not good doesnt matter who u are boob dr pur anyone doesnt matter the skill of the hunter is absent because if anyone of thos hunters faced GOOD humans its over no conversation no questions asked if he where to face SOME GOOD humans he would probably have a higher chance of winning this game stricly revolved around the skill of the human has nothing to do with the hunter thats why everything u say is invalid IMO. You say hunter is so strong and GOOD hunter can overcome anything but that just is no such thing as a GOOD hunter because when u put them again GOOD humans there game just goes to chupacabra this game heavly focus on the humans side the hunters just there to get killed.

Edited by Chaos_Deception
Flaming Removed.

DUDE what you are not getting is that a hunter is not good doesnt matter who u are boob dr pur anyone doesnt matter the skill of the hunter is absent because if anyone of thos hunters faced GOOD humans its over no conversation no questions asked if he where to face SOME GOOD humans he would probably have a higher chance of winning this game stricly revolved around the skill of the human has nothing to do with the hunter thats why everything u say is invalid IMO. You say hunter is so strong and GOOD hunter can overcome anything but that just is no such thing as a GOOD hunter because when u put them again GOOD humans there game just goes to chupacabra this game heavly focus on the humans side the hunters just there to get killed.

Your posts make no sense most of time...you're first 2 sentences contradict each other.

Then you go on to state my points are invalid for 2 reasons:

1) I say hunter is strong

2) I say good hunter can overcome anything

Well firstly, I never said hunters are strong, so that reason is already invalidated.

Secondly, I never expressed it in a way that they can overcome anything, but they can certainly "deal" with the bow, df and dfa to a relative degree. Infact if you bothered to read my posts, which you certainly don't, you'll notice that my point about hunters dealing with these things is agreeably correct.

Let me point you to my post -

So you agree with my point that strong hunters can deal with the bow , dfa, and dk's. And by "deal with" I don't mean win all the time, but I can guarantee most hunters have beaten humans who've used bow, dk and dfa before. So ultimately the point I made is agreeably correct. Whether a hunter can deal with the remainder depends on how good the hunter is, or how good the survivor is.

and now let me clarify my points over all my posts to you dasorrow:

- I don't think hunters are op

- I think hunters should be buffed

- I think bow is op

- I think survivors need some nerfing, but not major nerfing

- Hunters win majority of their games, and since its based on "skill"....(skill therefore matters, thus your post above makes no sense)

- Developers made hunters not have an advantage over survivors (arguably suggests survivors to be stronger)

Now from what i've read from your posts, you agree with 3 of the 6 above, with 2 of the 6 being fact. So therefore you only disagree with the "skill" argument i'm trying to put across, which does matter. So... please explain how my points are invalid again. Your posts are just rage, you don't even reason your arguments, let alone clarify them. Why you post on this forum is beyond me, majority of your posts is just nonsensical rage.

Also who are you in-game...

Edited by Chaos_Deception
Modified Quoted Post.

Needless to continue, we get upset us because we have no response from the dev (this is my opinion, I probably wrong). We are frustrated by dint of repeating the same things without cease.

Yes hunter needs a buff, Yes humans need a nerf.

We complain of dodge because it is too versatile, complained about the reach of the UV flashlight.

But remember that it's been months that these things have been said several times.

I propose that we stop all these debates that have become sterile. Until a patch is not in place, or even a response from the developers about it.

The first page is full of topic that talks about all these problems with full ideas to make the BTZ, more balanced. These are the developers who need to move now.

Needless to continue, we get upset us because we have no response from the dev (this is my opinion, I probably wrong). We are frustrated by dint of repeating the same things without cease.

Yes hunter needs a buff, Yes humans need a nerf.

We complain of dodge because it is too versatile, complained about the reach of the UV flashlight.

But remember that it's been months that these things have been said several times.

I propose that we stop all these debates that have become sterile. Until a patch is not in place, or even a response from the developers about it.

The first page is full of topic that talks about all these problems with full ideas to make the BTZ, more balanced. These are the developers who need to move now.

Well said, we can only wait and see now.

did u check players rank and their lvls in this match? one of them didnt know how to play in BTZ(random guy who connected into the match) and he was about 15/15/15 lvls, another man(San) just a "Challenger"..... Virgo just got "Ultimate" rank so he isnt uberskilled(but not bad).. i often play with noobs because some of them are my friends. most times i dont kick random noobs(if i am the sessions master) because play with them in one team is kinda challenge.

I've never thought that dasorrow so malicious about matches result))

Edited by boobafinno

Hmm, guess I just wanted to put my 2 cents into this but playing both sides without preference, I don't see why everyone keeps ranting about changes that need to be made.  

1.  I don't believe Techland had intentions that hunters were supposed to be more powerful than the survivors, just more of a fun pvp nuisance to the storyline

However, in that theory I believe that to make things more even, they should have left the walkers in the game.  I just feel BTZ is a dead world once it starts up.

2.  The bow - many thoughts on this in terms of BTZ.  It IS overpowered.  However, the argument here is about explosive arrows which just makes me laugh.  The arrows are just as fatal to the player and as a hunter with infinite lives, a few sacrifices to get him to shoot right by him is not a bad thing.  What is he gonna do?  UV, then UV block and get closer, charge, tackle, the flaw with the bow is in the animation as well.  have you tried switching to melee and hitting at the same time?  it doesn't happen.  Granted I went with range on my hunter atm so I'm flawed in stating the ground work with hunter would be a good way to counter but my assumption is that it would be.  Get close or bait the arrow to one of the teammates, the explosion if close enough is an instant death and that tacks on to your kills...

What is OP on the bow however, is the electric arrows.  They don't stun teammates or yourself from what I have tried myself, but they do stun the hunter.  It used to be a 2 shot with those arrows which is extremely easy to do once you hit him with the first shot.  It is now close to a 3 shot?  they might have nerfed it even more now.  Whether it be 1v1 or 4v1 though, those arrows are dangerous and powerful against the hunter.  1-2 seconds stunned is easily enough time to aim another arrow, get close and UV blast with a melee, or even just drop kick the chupacabra out of you.  I've made a lot of hunter quit for just that reason and granted it can be fun, but I would like a bit more of an even game.

3.  This may lead off topic a bit but depending on the strategy of the survivors, you just need to change your strategy to beat them.  There was a post that I read before about the types of survivors and as true as it seems, there are also way of defeating each one of them, you can't just rage because your style of play isn't getting the job done.  The best thing I like about the hunter is that you have to change your way of thinking to those that you are trying to kill and there isn't a lot of games that will make you think like that.  

So, granted the bow is a bit OP but it IS beatable.  Should they nerf it?  sure but I'm with Sora, not by a lot.  Should they let the wall breachers continue to afk win?  nah.  put a time limit on the game, but I guarantee no matter what the dev's do with the BTZ, hunters nor survivors will ever be okay with the changes.  This wasn't meant to be a truly balanced pvp in the first place.  One side or the other will continue to have an advantage due to the possibility of have 1,2,3, or 4 against 1.  Any game would be hard to balance out when its already going to be one sided due to numbers...