Sign in to follow this  
dasorrow

Hey Techland U Gotta Do Something About This.

I'd love to ban all the cheaters in BTZ if I could!  Unfortunately, banning cheaters on PC is easier said than done. We can't just ban people that are reported somewhere without due diligence.  I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy if someone listed your name there saying "dasarrow is a cheater!" and we just went ahead and banned you.

I mainly play on PC myself.  In my experience cheating isn't quite that common.  If I do run into cheaters, I log their name and move on.  No point in even trying to play a full game with them.  Better off not wasting your time with "script kiddies". 

That being said, a lot of people feel like they are being cheated when they are losing and cannot figure out a good counter strategy to their opponents tactics.  I've been accused of cheating many times, just because some people don't know how to defend against an aggressive Hunter   ;)

I'd love to ban all the cheaters in BTZ if I could!  Unfortunately, banning cheaters on PC is easier said than done. We can't just ban people that are reported somewhere without due diligence.  I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy if someone listed your name there saying "dasarrow is a cheater!" and we just went ahead and banned you.

I mainly play on PC myself.  In my experience cheating isn't quite that common.  If I do run into cheaters, I log their name and move on.  No point in even trying to play a full game with them.  Better off not wasting your time with "script kiddies". 

That being said, a lot of people feel like they are being cheated when they are losing and cannot figure out a good counter strategy to their opponents tactics.  I've been accused of cheating many times, just because some people don't know how to defend against an aggressive Hunter   ;)

First off, much love for ending your post with a reference to Night Hunter badassery. Too much hate-mail for the strangest reasons has led me to create custom message replies in the form of images. Some people believe UV Block is a hack. Not even kidding. It's a regular occurence.

I wanted to ask a question regarding the banning of players who are abusing various glitches and exploits during PVP matches. This can apply to both Console and PC, though I am limited to PS4.

I would love to see every duper I encounter banned - lord knows I would - but I also understand that it's an issue in the game that is not easily remedied, and digging into players' inventories is no viable solution. Frankly, I have a feeling it would encompass ~80% of the Human playerbase as well, so it's not something that I can see going into effect.

But what about players who are actively glitching through/sitting in walled-off areas of the map? Or players who abuse mechanics in the game that allow warping/death reversal?

Glitched area-wise, the Tower's glitched upper floor area is an infamous escape/camping/AFK area for Humans. It allows them to effectively climb through the ceiling and Flare/UV/DfA/Shoot through the walls at the Night Hunter, while preventing the Hunter from retaliating. I have an hour-long match (with just the end recorded, but the victory screen shows an exasperating 1:05 match time) in which a player would essentially start the game up there, be immune to the "Safe House" timer, and only come out when I pretended to be AFK for nearly 10 minutes at a time.

I have a similar recorded match where a player hung out in a Safe-House-esque shop in Old Town (Possibly Rupert's?), complete with protective UV Lights, for the entire match without being timed out. It was an approximately 30-minute match of finding ways to sneak in and Pounce the Human, only to die from the UV Lights and have him return to the area before I could respawn.

Regarding the myriad other exploits I and fellow Night Hunters have encountered, George Tatoulis and your team were kind enough to report on (and patch out) a mission-related exploit I posted about a few months ago (http://forum.techland.pl/topic/9081-new-exploitshacks-on-consoles-regenerating-lives-warping-humans/#entry26200) regarding Human players who were warping throughout the map, effectively erasing their deaths. These players were purposely "trolling" Night Hunter players by avoiding the objective entirely in lieue of prolonging engagements via Glitch Warfare.

These players recently commented on my YouTube channel (an odd swarm that was swiftly silenced), and from what they said, no action was taken against them. Although I disagree with the idea, I understand that duping in PVP is not considered a bannable offense. Regardless if what they were saying was true, why are similar players who engage in duping, exploits, and purposely abusing game mechanics to prolong the match allowed to continue affecting the overall community? The video contained a play-by-play of each involved Human player engaging in the glitch, among other concerning actions, throughout the match.

Apologies for being super-wordy, but my overall question is: what is being done about these types of players? I regularly stream this incredible PVP mode that you've given to us, but nothing is more demoralizing than having to choose between quitting out of (losing) a game against players who are simply farming Victories by leaving their consoles on and going AFK in areas like the Tower; under the map/pipes near the Gas mission; and various other inaccesible areas of both maps, or disconnecting to deny them the free win, only to lose the stream.

The Night Hunter has a high skill ceiling, and I'm all right with that; I get my buns handed to me from time to time, and I get miffed just like any other player would, but those losses don't take away from my "Night Hunter" experience. No one wins 100% of the time, and I learn from mistakes and laugh it off with the rest of my viewers. But there's nothing to learn from match where my loss is derived from uncontrollable ultimatums. And this is happening often, lately. Too often. I put the game down the other night, because the few matches I played involved either AFK players, quick disconnects/quits, or evolutionary variants of Flare Spam (also recorded).

The Dying Light team has made great improvements to the game since launch, but players continue to find methods of elongating or circumventing the challenge of online play with glitches and map/item exploits. In PVE this doesn't "hurt" anyone. But PVP? It's fast-tracking 1-4 players' experiences at the cost of detracting from another's. That "another" is the Night Hunter. At what point is the game not the issue, but the players?

I can't help but feel that removing certain players from the equation would go a long way toward saying, "These things are not okay to do." I play Destiny on occasion, and their PVP has its own widespread issues. But when players found a way to bring infinite Heavy Ammo (Rocket Launchers, etc.) into PVP matches, Bungie's solution was to ban those players. They were able to see who was engaging in the glitch, followed reports, and cleared out the issue fairly quickly. People knew exploits = bans.

Players in Dying Light's PVP, who bring in infinite inventories or abuse the lack of timeouts, don't seem to have any sort of "consequence" to deter them, nor any other prospective cheaters/glitchers/dupers/exploiters from following in their footsteps once the methods go public.

I don't know what prospective and reasonable solutions to these issues would entail. Many players have suggested overall time-limits for the match/individual objectives, AFK timeouts, or alternate objectives for the Hunter. Personally, I'm partial to all three.

It's harsh to say, but there are some Human players I see on my Matchmaking list and just think, "I can't enter that match. He/She isn't going to be playing, just like they weren't playing last week, or the week before that when I joined their match." Because of this, Quick Join has become a risk, not a convenience.

Some players seem to experience no shame in utilizing map, inventory, and mechanic exploits during PVP matches. Some do it out of necessity. Some do it because it makes the game "easier" and more "fun" for them, at the expense of the Night Hunter player.

Do we really want those people taking part in Online PVP at all?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!~!!!!!! THIS IS NOT AN EXPLOIT NOT GAMEPLAY ISSUE THIS IS FLAT OUT CHEATS!! HE EVEN ACKNOWLEGE CHEATING AND LAUGHS AT ME WHILE IM STREAMING BECAUSE HE KNOWS TECHLAND ABANDONED PC PLAYERS THEY DONT WORK FOR chupacabra U SAY OH WE KNOW WE KNOW WE KNOW BUT WE DONT CARE HAVE FUN GOOD LUCK GOOD NIGHT

That being said, a lot of people feel like they are being cheated when they are losing and cannot figure out a good counter strategy to their opponents tactics.  I've been accused of cheating many times, just because some people don't know how to defend against an aggressive Hunter    ;)

you really saying my videos of his 3 nest kills in .5 seconds and hit insane speed in ths video is not proof enough this dude is hacking i know it look at iot!!! all nest are full at 5:25 look he get 3 of them at when i respawn at 5:52 yes he kills 3 nest impossible IMPOSSIBLE HES CHEATING im not just posting a random post saying omg hes to pro omg he somehow one NO hes chupacabra teleporting to nest and like 2 shotting them bro look at the footage what more proof do u need to ban this fagget other than me bring his pc to you with the cheats installed on them@!!!!! dude u wanna know how ot get these chupacabra outta pc world PLAY YOUR GAME AND BANN PEOPLE WHO CHEAT ON PC. just jion a lobbie bro any lobbie about 2-4 players are doing this chupacabra

Edited by dasorrow

I have actually came across that player before, i had him in my game twice and each time the game was less than 5 min with him teleporting to nest and 1 shotting them i have reported him but it seems they haven't done anything about it i would use the steam reporting feature and link that video cause that will be 2 reports about cheating maybe more and now they have a video i don't have a recording software so i couldn't record him on my game, but yeah he hacks.

I have actually came across that player before, i had him in my game twice and each time the game was less than 5 min with him teleporting to nest and 1 shotting them i have reported him but it seems they haven't done anything about it i would use the steam reporting feature and link that video cause that will be 2 reports about cheating maybe more and now they have a video i don't have a recording software so i couldn't record him on my game, but yeah he hacks.

techland more proof get on this not only that there is another player in the game called Rush his steam name as well he cheats on 24/7 between 12-6 always hacking please do something your killing your pc community!!! here i just faced this chupacabra you can go online right now and watch him cheat against you!!! http://www.twitch.tv/sorrow777/b/668138214 go to 10:00

Edited by dasorrow

have to agree with dasorrow here, getting banned simply because of a complaint is ofcourse unjustified, but if we bring actual video footage, how can that be ignored. Perhaps cheating would go down if something was actually done with cheaters. and the excuse one of the devs presents us with is that it isn't a frequent problem... It's not really much of a consolation when you're up against a teleporter that instant kills your nest, You still have to quit, and that counts as a loss, and I've met a cheater at least every other day lately.  

To quote Pete Donelly " In my experience cheating isn't quite that common" then it wouldn't take many bans to eviscerate and discourage the rest of the cheaters? and with videos showing cheating happening, how is that not due diligence.

Are some of the filthy survivors paying you off to keep them OP?

Edited by Nipple

Pete. Not sure if this is a Viable Option.

But would a 3 Strikes Rule be Possible. Whereby You get Seperated from the Main Matchmaking.

And get Matched against other Cheaters for a Limited Time.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

i dont think so these are people that go on website and download trainers that your game had no purpose. they are breaking the agreement they click on when they download this game from your company they are breaking policy with no disregards of their actions i could have cheated and dled these things less than 5 minutes but do i do it no because i want the community to have fun and play fair this is garabage to think they can enter a multiplayer based game and think cheating of any form is ok thats just a bad player toxic at that i cant see anything good coming from attracting such members in your MP lobbies because i see these people over and over with cheats im sure they would be on strike 500 already.