Sign in to follow this  
Proximity

Firearms Damage Issue?

I am quite surprised I haven't found yet any posts about this on this forum, but... I've been wondering for a while why does the damage from any of the firearms of the game seems to be lowering as I get further in the game.

If I remember correctly, in the first missions of the game when you encounter enemies using a firearm, you can get from them rifles with over 250 damage. Nor, as I advanced, ALL what I get seems to be basically capped firearms with the minimal amount of damage that you can get on them. It's weird because it seems to be only affecting firearms... 

What makes it even worse is that any of the firearms, including shotguns, handguns and rifles, even if you buy them from shops, you're gonna get the same minimal amount of damage, REGARDLESS OF THEIR QUALITY INDICATOR... Which means the blue shotgun will do the exact same job as the orange one which would be supposed to be at least twice as effective if you take the melee weapon's example.

I also have seen many post around the net and on steam explaining the same problem... 

Is the team aware of the problem? Is there gonna be some kind of hotfix for this or something?

Hey there,

That number you see on the firearm is an indicator of Firepower not damage, and you will find regardless of it's firepower it will kill with one shot to the head (Humans, Biters, Virals).

Besides the firearms are like 100 times better this way, imagine having to find a new pistol every level just to kill things it makes absolutely no sense pistols or rifles or shotguns should kill exactly the same from the beginning of the game to the end.

Furthermore this is something you should bring up in the Game forum not the Dev Tools forums as it has no direct correlation with the Dev Tools themselves.

Well, in fact, it is not the fact that the firepower is always the same that bothers me, it's that you start hanging around with 250+ firepower police rifles and then when you hit survivor level 10 you can't find anything over 200. (And I tried very hard to do so)

If you have the gunslinger quest in your sidequests, the gun firepower will be increased. After that quest is gone the firepower will be back to normal for the guns you find. I thought it would be cool for the weapon rarity color determine the attachment it comes with, if they did have attachments