Ericfernandez

Here We Go Again. (Player Abuse, The New Update, And Suggestions)

i hate to be the guy that posts so often with complaints and suggestions, but, dude, what the he**!? I've gotten into a match with player Kevinchtoug 2 times and he's un-killable. Whenever I pounce him the instant I get close, and I mean close as in the animation to kill him has started, my guy literally stops midmotion and he flashes me. Even when I stick him and kill him, I don't get the points and he just aborts the game. This happened twice. I pounced him 3 times in a row on the first match (by in a row I mean I literally chain pounced him like he was three entirely different enemies) and as soon as I landed the third, aborted. Somehow get in the same lobby as him again and THE SAME THING HAPPENS. I pounce him, kill animation starts, then freezes up and he uv flashes me and I have to start all over. This time I didn't bother pouncing him and instead stuck him with UV suppressor, horde, then cornered him and ground pounded him to death. Guess what happened when all his hp was gone. You guessed right! He was still alive, but his character locked up in the position I killed him in, and not only did I not gain XP, but he aborted, as soon as he died. I'm not sure what that was but it was annoying, what's also annoying is that I get into lobbies where the instant I uv suppress someone, they literally throw down flare after flare and follow me with them until the suppress is gone then I get blasted and killed. Is there a limit to the number of flares you can hold and throw down? The update this morning was awesome. I'm not finding myself kicked from lobby after lobby as much, and I noticed a significant increase in attack damage on the hunters side, as well as an increased rate of energy for the hunter (or decreased uv energy damage, or maybe the uv just doesn't last as long, I don't know.) Anyways, I'm now getting my a** handed to me far less and I almost feel like I have a chance of defeating the humans if I'm patient and wait for them to either try to full on attack me, or hit them with spits and then follow them until I have enough energy to take them out. The spits don't take as long to cool down which is very nice because now if you miss it isn't an immediate "Sh*t I'm screwed until they kill me." Now you can just sorta harass them until you get your spit back and then try again.

Respawning still takes a really long time, both for the hunter and the human. I'm sure this is an annoyance on both sides but it really isn't that big of a problem.

I do still see lobbies up with the sole purpose of letting hunters connect and then immediately disconnecting them. It doesn't happen as frequently but I will see lobbies that are consistently up and pop up as a "best match" but the instant anyone tries to join, they are immediately kicked.

So anyway's suggestion time. Because you can't monitor everyone all the time, and having to drop player names all the time so that these lobbies are either taken down, or players that are abusing game design flaws are recognized and prevented from doing so, there really should be a report player option. It's similar to what they do with call of duty. If you catch someone abusing the game, then report it directly to the developers (preferably in game) so that they can deal with it appropriately. Right now that's not an option so players are free to do whatever the h*ll they want with minimal to no consequences.

Making be the zombie mode it's own game mode might be a good idea as well as this will prevent players that don't want to get invaded from being invaded, and it will allow you to expand the game mode a little more by having the two sides (Hunters and Humans) switch off at random so that both sides will be required to play both the human AND the hunter. This way, you can keep the leveling up and "prestige" system while at the same time allowing players to be a part of the lobby of their own free will instead of having it activated in story mode for players that may or may not want to have it at all. Also this will allow for skill adjustments to the two characters that will level the playing field without affecting story mode player progress. Just an idea, not sure if it's plausible, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Never mind. The exploding bows that stick to you and having to wait almost the exact same time as you would if you were playing with just one person despite there being three in the lobby (one person=11 2=10 3=10 as well for some reason unless I counted wrong.)

During my time playing, the first few matches seemed balanced, but the uv light reaches waaaaay further than it shows on the mini map. Humans can grapple their way around almost as far and infinitely as the zombie can. Lobbies you can't go into show up just as often as before. Using ground pound to disable flares is useless because as soon as you hit you immediately start losing energy and in addition to that it still takes five seconds to recover, allowing the human to drain your energy and kill you before you can move again. Some players seem to have infinite flares and with more than one person and only being able to shoot 2 spits if you have them and one ground pound, it's impossible to win. Survivor suppressor spit doesn't open up until after you lose every single skill you just got. In order to bypass the uv light going down too much the enemy just bursts flash it which is as effective as just holding it down but wastes less battery. The horde can be bypassed by grappling onto a bus or rooftop, your spit seems to regenerate at basically the same speed with multiple people as it would with just one. You still can't run or do anything when you're being flashed and for some reason the hunter refuses to climb unless you use tendrils. They can still uv you in the middle of a pounce, leapfrogging isn't possible because they can stop you mid pounce and if another player is there, you'd be lucky just to get one person, much less two. The enemy can uv flash you WHILE attacking which I didn't know was possible until earlier today. Spawning still puts you ridiculously far away from the nests. Actual in-game zombies don't seem to exist anymore when you join unless you throw down a horde and somehow hit the players who can easily jump out of the way before the spit which takes three seconds to go off can explode. I still see people bypassing the whole safe zone camping thing by jumping out, then immediately going back in. They can UV flash me through most walls, so that gets rid of the whole "just hide" aspect of it, especially on old town where they can UV flash you then insta-kill you because there is no cover you can really get too and the area is filled with ledges so it's nice and easy for them to "rain death from above" on you, over, and over, and over again. You can't protect the best because they can flash you the instant you get close then chase you off and continue killing the nest. Don't worry, you can't defend the best by ground pounding them away because they have guns and arrows so they'll just flash, then shoot you. No brainer there. On top of that if you think any decreased uv or increased energy is a good thing like I did, think again. If there is more than one person, they will take turns uv blasting you and drop kicking you, which still does about the same amount of damage as before. This way you can get drop kicked three times in a matter of seconds and during those seconds you'll probably be attacked by an enemy with a two hit kill (and I've run into people who would one hit kill me) weapon, so you're f***d if you happen to get drop kicked in a lobby with more than one person. They can STILL always see you. Always. So sneaking up on them, forget that. The only way I could kill the enemy in the last 5 rounds was by pouncing as soon as they tried to grapple, and even that doesn't work that often, as they will probably uv flash you while they are grappling their way to you. Pouncing the enemy doesn't stun them if you're flashed MID-PUOUNCE, so not only does it throw you in front of the enemy, but it also allows them to uv and kill you basically the instant your guy touches the ground. This happens so fast escape isn't an option unless you, you know, know exactly where you can go at that very instant to get away from the uv light (that reaches further than the mini map shows) running is stupid and so is trying to jump anywhere because the human runs almost as fast as you and the instant you get flashed, your guy starts running and jumping like a challenged 3 year old. Did I forget to mention that ground pounding to escape is an absolute joke because there is no recovery time for the human once you hit. It'll throw them a few feet back, but they can easily sprint back to you whilst flashing you simultaneously, basically rendering ground pound to escape useless unless again, you know exactly where you're going that's far enough away from the uv to hit you the very instant you ground pound. Guess how often that happens? Almost never. Most of the time you'll find yourself grappling towards a building just to be put back where you were because the animation for the drop kick has already started or being flashed and drained so fast you make it maybe a few feet away before your tendrils are gone and you're back on the ground being drop kicked which is still JUST AS HARD to avoid because, unless the player is really new, you just need to activate the kick while facing the zombies general direction and the animation does the rest. I can't seem to kill players with ground pound as it gets them within a quarter health then it does reduced or no damage, forcing you to try to claw them to death which is hard because it's slow, clumsy, and weak. It takes three hits to kill a downed survivor and most of the time you're chased off before you can finish it, and they stay down and alive for AN INSANE amount of time. I didn't even bother counting it, because I couldn't, I would be dead by then and the enemy revived while I wait my ten+ seconds to get back in the game. The humans don't need to wait nearly as long as you do to respond so you're going to spend a nice chunk of your time respawning, chasing the human down, getting killed, then waiting while they go nest to nest. (The respawn time still allows for them to take out a nest while you're waiting, especially when you get killed trying to stop them from doing so.) Players can also use corners against you because as soon as a single photon of uv light hits your guy, your energy diminishes and you're forced to run while they run to another corner or grapple onto a building and continue uving you. Often times that's followed by a death from above. You are at a crippling disadvantage from both long and close distance as flares will prevent head on attacks or pounces on the enemy while the UV light keeps you a comfortable half a mile from them. There are too many problems to count. The only reason I continued playing after I beat the game was because I enjoyed the competitive human versus zombie play, but it's gotten to a point where being kicked from lobbies happens more than actually getting into them, and when I do get into the lobby I spend most of my time dead and waiting to respawn while I frustratingly get notifications that someone was just revived or that another nest was destroyed. I spend more time not playing and angry than I do actually playing as the zombie in the BE THE ZOMBIE MODE. This is a joke. Nothing was fixed, it must have been psychological because "Look an update! That means something must have been mended" well at this point I have no idea what the f**k was fixed and I don't intend on finding out until I hear that it ACTUALLY WAS FIXED. This is a joke. I've wasted a lot of time trying to like this game, this mode in particular, but I'm done. Hours and hours of play have gotten me more rejections, aborts with no XP, lobbies with camping players or what I believe are hackers or lobbies that are just flat out unfair in every way shape and form for the hunter. Don't get me wrong, playing the human is ridiculously fun, but that's because you have an insane advantage over the zombie, so there is absolutely no reason for you to worry about him killing you unless you're caught off guard, which will never happen because survivor sense can still be spammed, and in addition to that, you are guaranteed to win any close quarters or far range battles because the instant the zombie loses any energy at all, it becomes weaker than a regular ground zombie. Anyways, have fun you guys. Hope someone finds out how to make this mode playable and lets me know; because I'm too frustrated to continue trying.

Oh and yes, I can speak Spanish. And that isn't my real name. It was put in to preserve privacy, No_other_xD, is that your real name? And yes my real name is of Spanish origin, but I grew up in the United States so my first language is english, not Spanish. I'm trying to learn but all I have here are simple college courses and my grandparent who's been working in Mexico for most of my life so it's only been just a year or two since we reconnected. Now he's gone again as my grandmother and grandfather have decided to take a tour of Europe. You want me to write a paragraph in Spanish, fine, I'll try, but you don't need to be a d**k about the nationality of the username I put in, or about my own nationality and connection with my heritage. Not everyone is lucky enough to get the chance to learn about their heritage and go explore their families place of origin and culture.

You want me to write a paragraph in Spanish, fine, I'll try, but you don't need to be a d**k about the nationality of the username I put in, or about my own nationality and connection with my heritage.

Seriously guys, when did we start mocking people based on their usernames?

These forums are for players to express opinions. No one was being virulent. Let him know paragraphs would make his thoughts easier to read and leave it at that.

Wtf? I dont say anything bad :-s i just asume that u r latino like ME...i dont know much english so thats why i post that msg on spanish....damn and like jcks says...ur english is ok, just paragraphs to make it easier to read :-/

Found a bug Today ....
It seems that if your spit hits and enemy ( ON HIS BODY !) if he uses a shield before it explodes there will come no effect. Bows are WAAAY too OP Full health and a lucky shot from a normal arrow will kill you And then exploding arrows that the enemy spams will make it so you have no place to sit or hide. Humans are way too OP As Ericfernandez mention the UV Range is too large and the grappling hook gets spammed like crazy. Pounding enemies are not an option unless the players have just started playing. Usually when you play and there is more than 1 human 3 of them will run for you while the rest will go for the nests or maybe sometimes it is 50-50 and you have less energy Constantly. making it impossible to get your full strength back. if you try to go for the nest and you manage to catch them of guard with spit and a ground pound then you will be killed by the other humans who now have caught up with you and be killed swiftly. Then the humans who was killed by the horde gets revived and all the nest destroyed. plz fix this love playing hunter but not now that the humans have become so OP

Oh and if you could Ban NormalPerson for Finding this bug and ABUSING it !!!!!!! That would be awesome i hit him like 9 times (on his body) both with horde and uv suppressor and everytime he would shield himself and it would have no effect at all

Sorry about that man, I was angry at the time of posting and I misinterpreted what I thought you said. I meant to post this earlier but whenever I tried to access the forums on iOS, I would get redirected to all kinds of different spam sites. I've bypassed whatever that was and can access the site again. Again, my bad mate.

And i still can't get a find a game. Matching is terrible still after the update they never even tried to fix this ? What's wrong with the people that made this game

I can't believe my luck I find a game I like and there is like a million things wrong with it ?

The last zombie game I liked was kin der totten map on black ops

instead of lectures how about working on BTZ its been week or so sence ur "DLC" and your all knew ur patch was incomplete so we got some of what we should have been paying for brilliant work tech id like to see more collaboration from u mods with our ideas and what we say is in fact brokens or wrong with your game but ur feedback is almost 0 every time u post something in multiplayer forums its useless are they paying you or u just a gamer with alot free time? bet ya if someone pinged his ip hes in a residential area

Please be Civil with Each Other.

This is Clearly Stated in the Forum Rules.

+ It's not Hard to be Nice is it.

Edited by dasorrow

instead of lectures how about working on BTZ its been week or so sence ur "DLC" and your all knew ur patch was incomplete so we got some of what we should have been paying for brilliant work tech id like to see more collaboration from u mods with our ideas and what we say is in fact brokens or wrong with your game but ur feedback is almost 0 every time u post something in multiplayer forums its useless are they paying you or u just a gamer with alot free time? bet ya if someone pinged his ip hes in a residential area

He's a MODERATOR. his role is to moderate forums, keep discussions civil. keeping threads on-topic that kind of stuff. In fact he knows little more than us about the games and the patching (at least that's usualyl the case with mods) Moderator =/= developer. 

Easy there big fella.

Chaos_Deception was just doing his job - making sure that the conversation does not turn into a Wild West show-down. Attacking him personally does nothing to add to the conversation. So dasorrow, that's not on. 

In terms of us looking at your feedback - trust me, we read these forums and use the feedback to make the multiplayer mode the best it can be. Keep the feedback coming. 

Easy there big fella.

Chaos_Deception was just doing his job - making sure that the conversation does not turn into a Wild West show-down. Attacking him personally does nothing to add to the conversation. So dasorrow, that's not on. 

In terms of us looking at your feedback - trust me, we read these forums and use the feedback to make the multiplayer mode the best it can be. Keep the feedback coming. 

We <3  you Michal.