SHN147

Expected A Completely Different Bozak Horde

If You knew how much I promoted Your game among my friends You would feel a little embarassed giving us such a DLC, I think.

To set it straight: I love the game, more than Riptide, although that paradise-island-setting is best.. I played the game forwards and backwards, 226h in total (only sp),

But:

Seriously, You guys at Techland. Do you know, what I expected? A stadium that I can enter like any other part of the city with loads of zombies on the seats, on the track, the field, the locker-rooms. Similar to the mass of zombies on the Bridge of Sadness. I really was afraid of getting a "Bozak Horde" like a challenge and sadly You did it that way.

And do I enter the stadium to explore, fight, have fun when I get out of the elevator? No! I have to do platform-jumping like I were playing Super-Mario.

I beg You, do not disappoint Your fans like that again. If it had needed more time to code an enterable stadium with posters or npcs giving the challenges, You better should have taken it.

SHN

I agree. The entire "DLC" was a complete waste of $20. I was expecting exactly what you described. so kind of "zombie waves" suvivor mode. I really thought that after the first two shoddy DLCs that were released that "bozak horde" would be the savior. WRONG. Its no wonder techland pulled their team off of "hellraid". The techland B team were clearly working on these subpar DLCs. They in no way reflected the quality of Dying Light. I litterally waited 3 months for this "horse armor" of a DLC.

Lol, you guys apparently don't like the "saw movies" theme. I was assuming the open stadium also, but you know what assuming does. Kinda like "valley of the yetis" farcry 4. I was like ooh going to be hiking around the Himalayan peaks, running from yetis!! Sneaking through caves, jumping off cliffs, uhhhh nope. 10000 wolves, 20 bad guys, defend your base, find a yeti out in the open, kill it, yep woo hoo, oh the joy.......Anyway I'd rather play this bozo level than that, well, bout even. Least you get a special weapon out of bozo.

Edited by Badassack

I too was expecting just a standard horde mode akin to the arena in Dead Island. I actually like that they took a different route instead of just doing the same wave based horde. I've found the trailer to be a blast to play. Although it would be great if the developers could somehow restructure the arena/lobby so we can exit out of one the elevator lobby's side doors. That way we could freely explore the building and fight random infected spawns, and maybe toss in some hidden notes telling the story of what took place in the Stadium/Field clinic after the outbreak occurred leading up to Bozak taking over. At the very least maybe they could have the other elevator take use to a horde based arena mode. This update/dlc was more focused on parkour with the Bozak Horde and free Parkour Fever Challenges. Perhaps a future one (after the buggies) could focus on fighting with new Combat Frenzy challenges, and an arena. 

I liked that they didn't get Roger Craig Smith to record any dialogue whatsoever. The Bozak Horde feels sloppy and rushed.

I understand that they wanted to get people involved in the experience cooperatively and not solo, as Kyle Crane would deter from the story aspect of The Bozak Horde (not that there is one), but is it wrong of me to have expected more from a $9.99 dlc?

I spent $9.99 on Red Dead Redemption's 'Undead Nightmare' a dlc that offered unprecedented levels of content and replayability. Complete with everything that The Bozak Horde doesn't do. For $9.99, Undead Nightmare offers what, 10-20 more hours of boundless enertainment? Yes, they're very different games, but lets not forget The Bozak Horde only lasts an average of 30 minutes. You can't tell me it's budgeting limitations. 

Absolutely garbage. This shitstain of a DLC is nowhere near the quality of the original game. I really hope the Season Pass will grant us access to future content of no extra charge. 

Edited by Wolfman

I seem to be agreeing with much of your posts lately Wolfman so my hat is off to you sir.

The base game of Dying Light is actually quite enjoyable and there are parts where I can see the care and attention-to-detail that I would expect from Techland.  Old Town feels a lot like Henderson from Dead Island Riptide, the shacks in The Slums are reminiscent of Moresby in Dead Island as well as how the Fishing Village is also like the beach bungalows in Dead Island.  Let's not forget that the quarantine zones are also like those found in Dead Island Riptide except without a unique boss to defeat.

I have not played the DLC's though mostly because as a non-season pass holder they simply don't have enough content to get me to open my wallet and spend $10.  The Horde looks like the worst and least reminiscent of Dead Island that has come now.  I'm not sure if Techland is being pressured by WB Games or not Dying Light though has moved away from Dead Island and is now more of a Far Cry zombie clone and I'm honestly not a fan of Far Cry.  The first notice of this is when you have to run out of Rais' area and all his goons are shooting you, or when you have to detonate the bomb and get out before it explodes in your face (not to mention you have to do this also for a side quest).

The Horde also seems to pressure players more to play co-op.  'Team up with your friends, beat the Horde and get the bow!'  Sorry Techland, you may have just lost a customer with me there.  While I understand your comparison with Red Dead Redemption (I have it myself), the game I would choose is Fallout 3, I've only played one of the three DLC's and didn't have to play it with friends to get the goods (I don't even think Fallout 3 has co-op), however; that one DLC would be worth $10 to me if I had paid for it (I own the GOTY Edition).  Not only was Operation Anchorage fun (A neat change from the wasteland) it also gave me quite a cache of weapons/armor for completing it (Power Armor Training, unique winterized power armor suit, Chinese Stealth Armor, just to name a couple).

My suggestion to all game developers is that multiplayer doesn't always equal fun just like punishing repetition doesn't equal more content.

And just like SHN147 if had been an extra explorable area just with a lot of zombies and with it's own collectibles telling about stadium the people that were there and how it came to come into the control of Bozak.  What about it's own quarantine zones as well?  So you would have it's own version of underground parking, maybe a locker room area and then the arena proper.

Way off topic here:  Am I the only one who wanted to play as Jade?  Her character has more development, more consistency and more badassery than Kyle Crane does.

One time in my life i really want a game like dying light, where is every room special and unique designed, because in old town all rooms look almost extrem same....one time i really want a open world game where is every room unique, it would bea masterpiece!

just curious here, didn't care for the Bozark horde, but was wondering, is there really any other benefit or reward for play it, other than the Bow which you only get for completing it, and those dockets don't really give anything, I know, its a random. But other than that, whats the gain or benefit in it. not knocking it, just trying to see if theres really any reason to continue in it solo

Edited by Nicky67

Azru007, if we were to play as anyone in this game as a new DLC story, it would probably be Amir (the guy who dies in the beginning of the game). By playing the game, you learn everything that you could possibly need to know about her. Same goes about Rais and Brecken. Troy contributes little to the game story to need a playable DLC. Amir was the only character who had such an impact on the story even though you only see him once before you even begin to play the game.

just curious here, didn't care for the Bozark horde, but was wondering, is there really any other benefit or reward for play it, other than the Bow which you only get for completing it, and those dockets don't really give anything, I know, its a random. But other than that, whats the gain or benefit in it. not knocking it, just trying to see if theres really any reason to continue in it solo

the bow, the dockets, and after losing your mind trying to complete the impossible challenges they give after completing it once, all to unlock other bows. thats it

the bow, the dockets, and after losing your mind trying to complete the impossible challenges they give after completing it once, all to unlock other bows. thats it

is there more bows? me and a bud beat it and got the bozak bow, and this dlc isn't all that bad it does suck that you have to play coop (I can feel you guys on that one) but really it's just trail and error, personally I think people fail at this because every one is spoiled by one hit kill weapons use tahirs weopon dmg is around 240-270 wich is about the same dmg in the horde and practice fighting in the main game against viral and demolishers 

p.s. on the 2 demolishers part of the horde save all your throwables use the propane tanks and fire away with the shotgun

Did you know you can bump demolishers? After they threw rocks I usually rush into them and ram. They knocked back and then I slice two times in the head. Repeat on hard difficulty.

Outside BOzak Horde, flammable liquid + 2 hand fire weapon is good too.

I agree that it was a misleading description for the DLC but that doesn't make it a bad one. The bow is pretty entertaining and the challenge is very good! Good way to mix up the gameplay

i was so excited for this DLC but good thing I waited to see the impressions, this is so not what I was expecting, they are actually pushing you to do it coop which sucks, what happen to that time were you would just play a game that did not need you to be in coop? Anyways, where is the new area that was promised? i'll pass this DLC and wait for the new area one, if I just want to kill zombies and jump on stuff I can do that in the main game without paying extra