Sign in to follow this  
sparkhead95

View A List Of All Objects On Currently Placed On The Map?

Hi there,

For a long while I've been trying to fix my navmesh, which does not seem to want to work in areas of my map. The whole map is inside the playable grid.

I believe that this is because I (somehow) didn't delete the water properly as there is still evidence that there the game thinks there is water there... And this is why I think my navmesh won't work as the areas of the map that won't build a navmesh are below where the water used to be.

So is there a way to see a list of placed objects on the map, so I can delete the water (if it's still there)?

If you don't understand here's what I did to delete the water:

1) Took the filter off in order for me to select it

2) Highlighted an area of water (when the water was selected, the horizon was automatically selected too; I couldn't separate them so I just deleted them both (which is ok because I didn't need the horizon anyway).

3) Deleted it

Reasons I believe the game thinks the water is still there:

1) The floating water debris is still there (grass etc.)

2) In the editor, when you go from below the water and come above it, the blurry eyes from the water effect comes

3) navmesh wont work below that level!

I have already tried pulling the whole map upwards, but this seems to pull the (invisible) water up too.

Thanks!

Sparkhead

Hi there,

For a long while I've been trying to fix my navmesh, which does not seem to want to work in areas of my map. The whole map is inside the playable grid.

I believe that this is because I (somehow) didn't delete the water properly as there is still evidence that there the game thinks there is water there... And this is why I think my navmesh won't work as the areas of the map that won't build a navmesh are below where the water used to be.

So is there a way to see a list of placed objects on the map, so I can delete the water (if it's still there)?

If you don't understand here's what I did to delete the water:

1) Took the filter off in order for me to select it

2) Highlighted an area of water (when the water was selected, the horizon was automatically selected too; I couldn't separate them so I just deleted them both (which is ok because I didn't need the horizon anyway).

3) Deleted it

Reasons I believe the game thinks the water is still there:

1) The floating water debris is still there (grass etc.)

2) In the editor, when you go from below the water and come above it, the blurry eyes from the water effect comes

3) navmesh wont work below that level!

I have already tried pulling the whole map upwards, but this seems to pull the (invisible) water up too.

Thanks!

Sparkhead

Open up Dev Tools, under the window tab at the top of the screen (drop down box) click the 'Objects' button (Picture of three stacked crates). It will pop up a list of all the assets you have on the map.

To find water just type 'water' in the search bar on the top of the assets list and it will show you if there is any left.

Hope this Helps,

Squirrel

Open up Dev Tools, under the window tab at the top of the screen (drop down box) click the 'Objects' button (Picture of three stacked crates). It will pop up a list of all the assets you have on the map.

To find water just type 'water' in the search bar on the top of the assets list and it will show you if there is any left.

Hope this Helps,

Squirrel

Thanks :) Water wasn't on the list though. I must just have a good ol' fashioned bug.

Thanks :) Water wasn't on the list though. I must just have a good ol' fashioned bug.

I noticed it as well, all I did to fix it was group all my already placed objects into an eds, then I lifted the whole lot, and then un-grouped them and that seemed to fix the problem.

I noticed it as well, all I did to fix it was group all my already placed objects into an eds, then I lifted the whole lot, and then un-grouped them and that seemed to fix the problem.

An eds? How do I use this? Didn't see it in any of the tutorials :/

Thanks

In the asset list, select everything (click at the top, hold shift, then click at the bottom), right click with everything selected and select create group. Save and close the group once it is created, move the whole thing up. Right click on the group and click 'open and set as target', then select everything in the group and right click and say move to group 'MAIN'. Then the group you created will be empty and everything will be as it was, just higher. Then you can just save the empty group then delete it.

In the asset list, select everything (click at the top, hold shift, then click at the bottom), right click with everything selected and select create group. Save and close the group once it is created, move the whole thing up. Right click on the group and click 'open and set as target', then select everything in the group and right click and say move to group 'MAIN'. Then the group you created will be empty and everything will be as it was, just higher. Then you can just save the empty group then delete it.

Thanks, you seem to know your stuff. You should consider streaming or something, us mediocre devs could learn a thing or two! 

Thanks, you seem to know your stuff. You should consider streaming or something, us mediocre devs could learn a thing or two! 

I'll consider it, but to be perfectly honest I don't know the first thing about streaming.