Sign in to follow this  
dasorrow

So Tired

That's the biggest problem. There are plenty of very skilled Human players out there. DrSickosis (PS4) is one of them; regularly plays on my stream, no duping, no glitches. We're incredibly even in our matches and win/loss ratio.

But despite being skilled, 99% of the "good" Human players dupe/spam/glitch anyway, so it's impossible to tell. There are good Human players, but there's such an absurd percentage of them are just riding the exploit train that it taints the pool. They could be skilled Human players; instead, they choose to cheat.

I'm so glad I chose the Night Hunter side, not for aesthetic reasons or personal preference, but because any skills I display can't be as easily (and most often accurately) dismissed as Humans' are.

I have played against people where they had legit outplayed me for a kill but those moments are so far in between. Most of the time survivors can't help how strong they are and it's just frustrating to play against someone who doesn't need to put in nearly as much effort as you. It's only worse when you count all of the people willingly using exploits like you said.

I have the same sentiment. Winning as the night hunter is extremely rewarding and challenging at the same time. There's no better feeling than pulling of a pounce or spike kill that you worked so hard to setup. I remember once I hit a guy with a UV spit and he immediately retreated inside his mobile flare safehouse. I whiffed a ground pound and he came out trying to punish me. Got two hits on me and before he could land the killing blow my recovery ended and I pounced him. He quit shortly after that.

agree with previous speakers. hunter game is around unwinnable. kill 3-7 humans - this is maximum what u can do as a hunter. devs should to do something with it(mb add demolishers at nests, make nests more durable, another billion variants which was at this forum). 

Edited by boobafinno

hunter game is around unwinnable. kill 3-7 humans - this is maximum what u can do as a hunter.

I've mentioned it in previous posts, but the strength of the Hunter isn't really the issue. The issue is that 50% of the matches a Hunter enters nowadays consist of AFK Humans or Humans hanging out in various areas of the map that Night Hunters cannot enter.

Make no mistake; the Hunter can eat varying numbers of Humans alive, even at the same time. I take on 4-player matches as the Night Hunter all the time and come out victorious.

But what the Night Hunter can't do is...

• Kill a water-camper whose timeout never occurs because other players aren't in the water with him.
  • Kill a Safe House-camper whose timeout never occurs because other players aren't in the SafeHouse with him.
  • Enter/exit many structures that the Humans can easily access and go AFK in, such as the Museum, the Mushroom Cave, the glitched second floor of the Tower, the glitched area of the gas pipes underneath the map, etc.
  • Take on four Human players drinking Night Hunter, Cloak, and Resistance Potions at every cooldown because they easily dupe them between matches.
  • Stop Humans from switching to Single Player Campaign, a two-step process that prevents their loss and the Night Hunter's win with the "Aborted" message.
  • Prevent Humans from gathering around him during a Pounce animation, leaving him completely vulnerable to attacks during and afterward.

None of these are in regards to a Night Hunter player's skill level. The mode has slowly turned from "Night Hunter Vs. Humans" to "Night Hunter Vs. AFK'er," "Night Hunter Vs. a street floor that can shoot guns, toss flares, and shine UV Light," and "Night Hunter Vs. shameless cheaters."

As long as there is no punishment for people who choose to play the mode like this, it's not a matter of skill. It's a matter of hoping the person you're playing doesn't know they can cheat without consequence.