oreos21

Zombie Mode Issues

1. In the Slums area, there's a cave that you have to swim to get into, there's a way to get in with the zombie but there's no way out because if you try, you'll be stuck underwater which leaves the nests vulnerable (because they won't kill you while you're stuck) and the zombie can't drown, I played a game where the humans just stayed in there for about 30 mins (not exagerating) and I wasn't going to leave because I was winning. That cave shouldn't be accessible.

2. I recently discovered that the shield the humans have can block spits, EVEN WHEN IT STICKS THEM! I understand if it lands in front of them and they block it but when it sticks them, it shouldn't negate the spit. Fix that.

3. A human can use their air insta-kill while the zombie is swimming but the zombie can't pounce when the human is swimming. That needs adjustments.

4. The UV flashlight needs a range reduction and the humans need a limit to carrying flares, maybe about 10-15 the most.

5. Time limit so the human is actually pressured to playing the objective and not just sit there and wait for you to make the first move.

And 6. Spits need faster recharge, takes forever to recharge and when you don't have any and the human is destroying the nests, you can't do anything. You can try to air slam but that only works but so many times before the humans start spamming flares so you can't move after landing.

1. In the Slums area, there's a cave that you have to swim to get into, there's a way to get in with the zombie but there's no way out because if you try, you'll be stuck underwater which leaves the nests vulnerable (because they won't kill you while you're stuck) and the zombie can't drown, I played a game where the humans just stayed in there for about 30 mins (not exagerating) and I wasn't going to leave because I was winning. That cave shouldn't be accessible.

2. I recently discovered that the shield the humans have can block spits, EVEN WHEN IT STICKS THEM! I understand if it lands in front of them and they block it but when it sticks them, it shouldn't negate the spit. Fix that.

3. A human can use their air insta-kill while the zombie is swimming but the zombie can't pounce when the human is swimming. That needs adjustments.

4. The UV flashlight needs a range reduction and the humans need a limit to carrying flares, maybe about 10-15 the most.

5. Time limit so the human is actually pressured to playing the objective and not just sit there and wait for you to make the first move.

And 6. Spits need faster recharge, takes forever to recharge and when you don't have any and the human is destroying the nests, you can't do anything. You can try to air slam but that only works but so many times before the humans start spamming flares so you can't move anywhere after landing.

(Sorry for the repost in General Discussions, I don't use this site that much)

Which cave are you referring to? I've gotten out of both the loot cave and the volatile caves, but it is easier to enter than it is to leave. On the PS4 R1 (climb) swims up and O (crouch) swims down. If swimming up or down doesn't work, when you get stuck, try swimming up. Sometimes you'll temporarily pop out of the water and can use your tendrils to pull yourself past the obstruction. 

It's the cave where you have to go to do a side quest to collect mushrooms. It may be only on Xbox One but you can get in but not out. You'll be stuck and can't move anywhere cause there's no room to jump out and use a tendril quickly.

My two cents after having returned to playing zombies after some time off.

1) Drop Kick Magnetism - I don't face issues with getting chained DK'd but the magnetism is pretty damm strong, the distance needed to initiate it is too small and as a Hunter, it makes for a frustrating encounter when you get sucked into the DK vortex of sadness even though you've clearly leaped a sufficient height to avoid said move (and no, it's not latency. The magnetism is real). Either nerf the DK a tad or provide a Hunter with a means of escaping the move. Perhaps a limited dodge option for the NH to evade a Dropkick or DFA but one that cool downs much like a spit. The evade option would have a sizable cool down in comparison to spits even, that per match a NH would typically only find themselves using it once to twice (2 being the most) a game because of the long cool down for this evade option. Consider it a get out of jail card that a NH can call upon once in a blue moon.

2) Nests - The patch given to us months back ago did an admirable job in curbing fast quick kills to the nest which offered the NH a fighting chance to recollect and mount a decent counter. Unfortunately, when facing high caliber opponents you quickly find that utilizing propane tanks, along with correctly using flares can make quick work of nests. I find survivors using propane tanks to dispatch a nest to be resourceful and smart on their part; a move that I feel shouldn't be taken away from them. Sadly though, it also negates (depending on the nest location) the attempt to halt quick nest kills from TechL that were enacted to give a NH a little bit of breathing room. Perhaps offer a way for the NH to counter a propane tank (clawing it can make it explode?) or limit the amount of propane tanks around the area. Maybe propane use triggers a significantly larger viral response; this at least offers a con/flaw to an otherwise nonpunishable tactic. 

3) NH potions and Camo - I think this one sorta goes without saying but a limitation is needed for Survivors who abuse NH potions. I've played many games where an entire team is downing NH potions and wrecking the zombies surrounding the nest, along with being too difficult to kill because of the NH potion. Because the issue with duping still persists (or people have thousands of potions left over) it basically becomes a match where you see survivors running around juiced up on steroids. There either needs to be a sizable cool down or flat out restriction of NH potions. For a game that already favors a Survivor, It's unnecessary and an uncalled for, cheap tactic.

Camo use, depending on the amount of people, its use can range from being a non issue, nuisance to a real difficult obstacle to overcome for a NH. It's an interesting move that shouldn't be completely taken away, but when you are in a group of 4 with 2 or more players who abuse Camo it can make for a very difficult if not un-winnable game. You're almost neutered as a NH because Survivors can acquire unattested defensive and counter positions (DFA being the biggest concern), while you're more concerned from dying then actually mounting an attack. Again, it's a tactic that in my eyes is fine but unmanageable for a NH when it's totally abused by Survivors(though it raises the question why a NH can't have his own stealth abilities? Because you know..he's a Hunter...and operates only at Night :-/) . A nerf or limitation is in order.

4) Lack of versatility for a NH - What I mean by this is the NH isn't really given an arsenal in dealing with a fully competent Survivor or worse team of Survivors. Is the guy dodging a lot? Try pounce locking (my instinct says this may not even be an option anymore for NH's when the next patch comes out). Did he succeed against pounce lock? Try ground pounding him into a corner and throw in a spit stick to spice things up. Nothing yet? Maybe a charged spit? He just put up a Riot shield to block eh? Well, that's all I got. Simply put, the NH needs some more options in stringing together those 10 kills because currently, as things stand, against top notch opponent(s), you need luck on your part and a bad performance on theirs to even have a chance of acquiring 10 kills to win.

If this can't be done then........

5) Nerf Survivor Dodge, UV Light or Survivor Sense - Naturally I don't exactly mean all 3 to be nerfed (though I am sure many would like all 3 to be nerfed) but at least one needs to be trimmed in order to give the NH more opportunities to land those 10 kills. The limitless dodge ability, the UV Wall of defense and SS are perhaps the most difficult to overcome in group play when teams offer very little openings for a kill (I used to be a proponent for group play but lately I've encountered decent to good players who are still able to make the game severely close because of said abilities that aren't even that difficult to use). Reduce the dodge capabilities, or limit the range and energy of UV light. SS I am still on the fence on nerfing but I wouldn't exactly go against a tweaking of it, if it allows for a more balanced pvp experience.

1) Drop Kick Magnetism - I don't face issues with getting chained DK'd but the magnetism is pretty damm strong, the distance needed to initiate it is too small and as a Hunter, it makes for a frustrating encounter when you get sucked into the DK vortex of sadness even though you've clearly leaped a sufficient height to avoid said move (and no, it's not latency. The magnetism is real). Either nerf the DK a tad or provide a Hunter with a means of escaping the move. Perhaps a limited dodge option for the NH to evade a Dropkick or DFA but one that cool downs much like a spit. The evade option would have a sizable cool down in comparison to spits even, that per match a NH would typically only find themselves using it once to twice (2 being the most) a game because of the long cool down for this evade option. Consider it a get out of jail card that a NH can call upon once in a blue moon.

Dropkicks and DFAs can be spammed non stop. There's no point only allowing the NH one chance to dodge when there are an infinite number of opportunities afterwards to dropkick or DFA. What they need to do is put a stamina bar on the survivors and make special actions like those take 1/3 of the bar.

The only way I can see the NH getting a dodge mechanic with a cool down is if he gets an instant kill right after the dodge. That will make survivors think twice about just throwing out random special attacks with no fear of consequences.

3) NH potions and Camo - I think this one sorta goes without saying but a limitation is needed for Survivors who abuse NH potions. I've played many games where an entire team is downing NH potions and wrecking the zombies surrounding the nest, along with being too difficult to kill because of the NH potion. Because the issue with duping still persists (or people have thousands of potions left over) it basically becomes a match where you see survivors running around juiced up on steroids. There either needs to be a sizable cool down or flat out restriction of NH potions. For a game that already favors a Survivor, It's unnecessary and an uncalled for, cheap tactic.

Camo use, depending on the amount of people, its use can range from being a non issue, nuisance to a real difficult obstacle to overcome for a NH. It's an interesting move that shouldn't be completely taken away, but when you are in a group of 4 with 2 or more players who abuse Camo it can make for a very difficult if not un-winnable game. You're almost neutered as a NH because Survivors can acquire unattested defensive and counter positions (DFA being the biggest concern), while you're more concerned from dying then actually mounting an attack. Again, it's a tactic that in my eyes is fine but unmanageable for a NH when it's totally abused by Survivors(though it raises the question why a NH can't have his own stealth abilities? Because you know..he's a Hunter...and operates only at Night :-/) . A nerf or limitation is in order.

Agree with NH potion.

Camouflage just really shouldn't be in this mode to begin with. What reason do survivors have to hide from the night hunter? They already know where he is at all times and have every counter to death imaginable. Why do they need it?

Also camouflage is a cheap way to cheat a night hunter out of a horde kill. Got stickied by a horde spit with nowhere to run? Just pop a cloak potion and eliminate all pressure. It takes all the consequence out of bad play and rewards players for doing nothing.

4) Lack of versatility for a NH - What I mean by this is the NH isn't really given an arsenal in dealing with a fully competent Survivor or worse team of Survivors. Is the guy dodging a lot? Try pounce locking (my instinct says this may not even be an option anymore for NH's when the next patch comes out). Did he succeed against pounce lock? Try ground pounding him into a corner and throw in a spit stick to spice things up. Nothing yet? Maybe a charged spit? He just put up a Riot shield to block eh? Well, that's all I got. Simply put, the NH needs some more options in stringing together those 10 kills because currently, as things stand, against top notch opponent(s), you need luck on your part and a bad performance on theirs to even have a chance of acquiring 10 kills to win.

I remember dasorrow had brought up a point once to give the night hunter ranged attacks. Contrary to what the game tells you his spits are limited and once he's out of them he's forced into CQC where he was intentionally made to be weak and easy to kill. Why not give him something else to fill in the cooldown for his spits so he doesn't have to go on a suicide mission to protect the nests every time he runs out.

If this can't be done then........

5) Nerf Survivor Dodge, UV Light or Survivor Sense - Naturally I don't exactly mean all 3 to be nerfed (though I am sure many would like all 3 to be nerfed) but at least one needs to be trimmed in order to give the NH more opportunities to land those 10 kills. The limitless dodge ability, the UV Wall of defense and SS are perhaps the most difficult to overcome in group play when teams offer very little openings for a kill (I used to be a proponent for group play but lately I've encountered decent to good players who are still able to make the game severely close because of said abilities that aren't even that difficult to use). Reduce the dodge capabilities, or limit the range and energy of UV light. SS I am still on the fence on nerfing but I wouldn't exactly go against a tweaking of it, if it allows for a more balanced pvp experience.

Some suggestions I've seen around: a stamina bar for dodging, a set amount of charge that's taken away every time you flick the UV light and survivor sense not giving away vertical positioning of the hunter OR the blip shows up for only a second to give you his general direction. These are small changes that I imagine are fairly simple to implement, will force survivors to be smarter about their approach and will not break the balance of the game if thrown in all together.

Edited by jcks

The more I play this game the more I think it can never be balanced ! Think about it in a game like cod the rules are the same for every one . trying to balance two different Types of game play and rules is impossible , That's if you can even get a game

Edited by Del

i feel that you are correct and to be honest thats like one of the most basic rules for online do not link it to single player it will never work never has why does techland thing they are special make a breakthrough on trying something that has not worked yet -_-

Agree with NH potion.

Camouflage just really shouldn't be in this mode to begin with. What reason do survivors have to hide from the night hunter? They already know where he is at all times and have every counter to death imaginable. Why do they need it?

Yup, it's downright shameful when I see a team utilizing it 24/7 and consider it completely fair (at least those who have never played as a NH and are completely naive about the imbalance). I consider this one of the top priorities to fix because of how punishing camo can be when used in tandem against a Hunter.

Dropkicks and DFAs can be spammed non stop. There's no point only allowing the NH one chance to dodge when there are an infinite number of opportunities afterwards to dropkick or DFA. What they need to do is put a stamina bar on the survivors and make special actions like those take 1/3 of the bar.

The only way I can see the NH getting a dodge mechanic with a cool down is if he gets an instant kill right after the dodge. That will make survivors think twice about just throwing out random special attacks with no fear of consequences.

I think a dodge mechanism that is automatic like a Survivors, would be a welcome addition for the Hunter but I fear we may be aiming for the stars on this one. If TechL wants to make sure the survivor remains superior in melee against a NH, I can't see them implementing a spammable dodge option for the Hunter. A limited dodge mechanism that can only be used once in a while is a concession that I am willing to accept, even if it only means I can evade a DFA or DK once to twice a game. It may not seem like much, but it can make a difference in a very close game where a DFA would have otherwise solidified a Hunters defeat (or it removes a window of opportunity I could have capitalized on). Again, fingers crossed though they do implement some sort of dodge option that is comparable to a Survivors or at least nerf DFA and DK.

I remember dasorrow had brought up a point once to give the night hunter ranged attacks. Contrary to what the game tells you his spits are limited and once he's out of them he's forced into CQC where he was intentionally made to be weak and easy to kill. Why not give him something else to fill in the cooldown for his spits so he doesn't have to go on a suicide mission to protect the nests every time he runs out.

Something definitely is needed for a Hunter to combat a well oiled team. A Ranged attack like Dasorrow offered. Summoning biters. A howl that temporarily stuns a survivors senses. Something. Unfortunately, I don't feel TechL is likely to add a new skill for a NH in the next upcoming patch because of how conservative they were on the last patch. Likely they fear on how much impact any new skill would be for the current state of pvp.

Some suggestions I've seen around: a stamina bar for dodging, a set amount of charge that's taken away every time you flick the UV light and survivor sense not giving away vertical positioning of the hunter OR the blip shows up for only a second to give you his general direction. These are small changes that I imagine are fairly simple to implement, will force survivors to be smarter about their approach and will not break the balance of the game if thrown in all together.

If any nerfs are to occur for the Survivor, I imagine it would likely occur with these 3 survivor mechanisms. I think Survivor Sense not showing the vertical positioning of a Hunter is actually a very clever idea. It may not seem like much but it can cause some Survivors to second guess themselves, along with opportunities for the NH to land a kill when a Survivor(s) is looking down instead of up. Also it gives more of a reliance on visualization (and sound) then just depending completely on the mini map. At least it can actually instill some level of paranoia and fear among Survivors when confronting a NH..something a NH sorta needs.

Edited by Huckster

I think a dodge mechanism that is automatic like a Survivors, would be a welcome addition for the Hunter but I fear we may be aiming for the stars on this one. If TechL wants to make sure the survivor remains superior in melee against a NH, I can't see them implementing a spammable dodge option for the Hunter. A limited dodge mechanism that can only be used once in a while is a concession that I am willing to accept, even if it only means I can evade a DFA or DK once to twice a game. It may not seem like much, but it can make a difference in a very close game where a DFA would have otherwise solidified a Hunters defeat (or it removes a window of opportunity I could have capitalized on). Again, fingers crossed though they do implement some sort of dodge option that is comparable to a Survivors or at least nerf DFA and DK.

The thing is they don't need an unavoidable dropkick to be superior in CQC. Their superiority lies within their high damage output with regular melee attacks which are extremely quick. That along with auto aim well ensure they come out on top of most confrontations (if they aren't newbs). Let's also not forget they have guns, throwing weapons, bombs/molotovs/dynamite/air strikes, and the ability to throw their currently equipped weapon for huge damage enabling them to dominate long range combat as well as close range.

The thing is they don't need an unavoidable dropkick to be superior in CQC. Their superiority lies within their high damage output with regular melee attacks which are extremely quick. That along with auto aim well ensure they come out on top of most confrontations (if they aren't newbs). Let's also not forget they have guns, throwing weapons, bombs/molotovs/dynamite/air strikes, and the ability to throw their currently equipped weapon for huge damage enabling them to dominate long range combat as well as close range.

humans are just to diverse and have just way to many options to dominate the match as well as counter any tactic a hunter can throw because face it a hunter does not have alot of options at all maybe 5 tops that will be doable for a dominating human id like to see the NH get some tweek for long ranged attacks perhaps swap out the basic for a tred whip that goes a pretty good distance but has the damage of our basic range for this attack should be average height building  no specail situations to make this move occur perhaps even give the horde spit some damage as well to start a better cqc battle for more tatical though of using horde spit because face it horde spit is almost useless idk guys hunters need more moves and none dodgable moves as well as humans need less crutches or they need set amount of items but i think best way to fix this is seperate single player from multi two different game mods so it will fix duping and spamming as well as an energy bar for dodging dk and dfa i believe dk and dfa should take 2-3 bars dodge takes 1 ect n so on for all the cheap things they do medpack spamming nh spam  

A strong, balancing nerf that would alleviate many Night Hunter issues and curb several abused mechanics would be to stop allowing Humans to do two actions at once, or engage in actions while in mid-recovery or mid-recoil. Negates several problems:

• Dodge + UV spam
  • Attacking twice or healing during Ground Pounds (once while charging, the second while flying away from the impact)
  • "Rolling" out of fall damage during a Tackle off a building, despite being locked into an animation (the negated fall damage still works on occassion if you just hold the roll button)
  • DfA after a dodged tackle (still happens sometimes)

Obviously allow them to react if you Pounce, but I can't tell you how many times I've Ground Pounded and been hit or killed while they're flying away from me. Reached Apex Predator the other night off a simultaneous kill from this very issue. Ground Pound should cancel/negate actions, plain and simple. They should not continue, or resume immediately after recovery.

Edited by DoctorPurrington

A strong, balancing nerf that would alleviate many Night Hunter issues and curb several abused mechanics would be to stop allowing Humans to do two actions at once, or engage in actions while in mid-recovery or mid-recoil. Negates several problems:

• Dodge + UV spam
  • Attacking twice or healing during Ground Pounds (once while charging, the second while flying away from the impact)
  • "Rolling" out of fall damage during a Tackle off a building, despite being locked into an animation (the negated fall damage still works on occassion if you just hold the roll button)

Obviously allow them to react if you Pounce, but I can't tell you how many times I've Ground Pounded and been hit or killed while they're flying away from me. Reached Apex Predator the other night off a simultaneous kill from this very issue. Ground Pound should cancel/negate actions, plain and simple. They should not continue, or resume immediately after recovery.

actaully sir we discussed in the gp is broken devs know gp is broken they know humans can still throw items heal attack w.e they want while in gp animation not only that they know that gp only work like 50percent of the time even when they are in your aoe field they said they want gp to glitch n bug out to stop abusive nh mechanics rich right

• Dodge + UV spam

Agreed.

Another to add to the list: switching to uv light in the middle of grapple animation. There needs to be a drawback to using that kind of mobility. Make them choose between getting somewhere fast and sacrificing defense or taking their time and making sure the hunter can't interrupt them.

Agreed.

Another to add to the list: switching to uv light in the middle of grapple animation. There needs to be a drawback to using that kind of mobility. Make them choose between getting somewhere fast and sacrificing defense or taking their time and making sure the hunter can't interrupt them.

I actually don't mind that one, only because I have a lot of fun popping the UV Block and hopping behind people who do this for free pounces :3

But I still 100% agree with the statement. If they switch to UV Light and use it, the Grapple should be interrupted and they can drop if they'd like.

The Night Hunter doesn't have enough ability options to utilize using two at once beyond Spit Smash, which take a long time to acquire. Removing simultaneous ability use in BtZ would go a long way toward removing the ability to abuse certain mechanics.

that why i have been spouting a universal cooldown for consumables useables throwable medpacks all thos items into one cooldown bar the action bar just like u guys said it be one the best ways to fix it limit there actions so spam and other problems would be reduced