Sign in to follow this  
dasorrow

Techland Are You Ever Going To Fix Multiplayer?

developers or publishers arent interested in making games which last long without money income. especially on mplayer games. fixing and other costs are too immense for letting their server online all the time.

thats a reason why other companys of other multiplayergames release so many dlc to pay their expensive bills e.g. serverscosts, production, fixcosts and wage of the programer has to be covered by money income.

the moneypool depletes after a period of time. no money, no service.

iam not quite sure if techland will ever fix it. cause its been a long time now without giving a sound about it.

They are.

Look for something this upcoming month.

how many time have we heard this they are but nothing still everyone has complained about the same chupacabra thing all year they have not done chupacabra to even this out or make it so it not riddled with mechanic abusers because yet all your mechanics are easy to abuse this is a poorly made multiplayer and i really regret ever getting this game single player was great at first but shortly after like 30 hrs i felt kinda ripped off

As far as I know that was the only time we heard that from the BtZ team. Every other time they said they were working on bringing new changes they delivered.

Sure some communication on the progress of the next patch would be nice be but we just need to be patient and wait until May to see what happens.

delivered what the only changed they have made to btz is mm lets see weapon balancing but that still didnt fix it just caused players to use a different means of killing u 1-2 shots they really have not changed anything exept the spit exploit thats it

They took away all hunter exploits and added damage scaling. They also introduced timers to prevent camping, fixed fall damage and a bunch of small miscellaneous changes like hunters spawning in safe zones, players starting BtZ mode while in the middle of a mission or GRE sequence, nest defenses reacting to ranged attacks and elemental damage.

They went light with the changes because they wanted to test whether or not what they did would drastically effect gameplay. Obviously it still favors survivors over hunters so now they'll be taking that into consideration and tweaking balance more in the next patch.

how do they need any information look at the damn forums look at 100+ post on humans just being retarded games not even fun anymore because everyone doing exploits and hunter literately has 0 the one thing it could do to counter all the chupacabra they immediately changed it but nothing from survivors all they have done is made the game how it was suppost to be on launch date that my friend is not an accomplishment its a failure they have failed at this taking there sweet time to try to fix what they didnt even try to play themselves 

Their words not mine. You need to ask them these questions directly.

They know we post about these issues all the time but apparently there's a very fine line to cross when balancing this mode for hunters. They seem wary of giving us every requested change because it would detract from their vision of the mode and could possibly tip the scales way in the night hunters favor in 1v1.

night hunter does not even have a favor for one vs one are u kidding me get the best hunter vs best human 1v1 i put my life savings on the human every time i know for a fact he will win thus this is not balance if i dont even have a 1percent faith in hunter winning this its unbalanced beyond all recognition its retarded the mode is dumb as hell the nest placements are chupacabra and the spike strips and propane tanks that again favor a human not to mention all the guns can kill a nest less then 20seconds thats not fair in any way considering your 20000ft spawn and not to mention 2minute spawn is garbage compared to the human 10second spawning and 10ft spawns the way everything is set up down to the very basics of just simply clicking your mouse all favors humans dont even argue theirs millions topics to back it up

dasorrow, I know. You're preaching to the choir.

I am giving a possible summary of what the developers think based on their previous statements on this issue. They had their reasons when structuring the mode to what it is today and although many of us sharply disagree with their reasoning they do have a understanding of the game's mechanics (they did build it after all). I believe at some point in it's lifetime this game was the exact opposite of what we have now. Based on trailers from before release there most likely wasn't any survivor sense or auto aim to assist in fending off the hunter. The hunter also from the looks of it seemed to possess some type of unblockable ground pounce similar to the monsters sneak attack in Evolve and a unavoidable tackle just like survivors dropkick. For reasons we can only assume were balance related these things were either taken out or modified to make them less effective.

My point is let's not paint the developers as incompetent or not understanding of zombie players. They are watching and listening to our feedback as well as trying to make the game fun for everyone. We have provided an overwhelming amount of feedback from the zombies point of view so all we can do now is wait and see incorporate some of our suggestions. It's definitely not an easy task so it will probably take them time to figure out how to solve some of the more pressing issues like camping spots in the mushroom cave or what to do about the DFA tower. All we can do is wait until the May patch to see how they solve these problems.

EDIT: I have a feeling this was what they were shooting for but unfortunately they did not account for the vast amount of counters at the survivors disposal.

Edited by jcks

That chupacabra release video was the biggest lie in the history of lies.
Those hunters would just walk facing you 24/7 spamming UV light.  The fact those hunters didn't even turn to face the survivor after spamming hunter's sense only shows how ignorant they were making the game.  If not ignorant, simply lying to the entire fanbase.  
So pick one techland, did you lie, or are you just stupid?

Yeah there's no doubt in my mind that the "devs play btz" match was staged. No use of grappling hooks (probably didn't want to reveal this before release), climbing while night hunter was present leaving multiple openings, the death from above kill demonstration (who ground pounds when the survivor is above them), surprising lack of dropkicks, no potions/flares/guns/molotovs/medkits, and the last kill where he followed the guy instead of just ending the match when he had the chance. It just makes me think that they were aware of the problems that existed but didn't have time to fix it thus they decided not to show that side of BtZ.

This game can be very one sided at times and that was evident in the beginning where they were just slaughtering the night hunter any time he showed up.

Edited by jcks

I do feel the the night hunter is weak at times but as long as you keep your distance, take cover, and wait for an opprotunity you can win, you as a player are not a mindless ai that has to charge into the fray you have chance to plan and wait, in all of my btz matches I have a pretty good win ratio and if the devs nerf human skills they would have to make it only effect btz matches because there are people who don't play with invasion on and if they do make it where skills are lowered in a btz match only it would force players a uncomfortable change in gameplay granted I feel the same way you guys feel at times it's majority beats minority, the only tweaks I could see that would help with btz would be a adjustment to uv light range and usage and maybe allow the night hunter to still sprint when energy drained (it does suck when you get uv locked and can't run) maybe the devs will adjust something in btz with the upcoming update but there is a lot of work to be put in to it

Sorry for the long post

sadly now adays just waiting it out is not an option with rais guns and well guns in general and now people using propane tanks that are left at every nest its impossible to just wait it out even in a 1v1 max you still need to get about 4-5 kills without the use of any of your skills this is not to say a humans isnt spamming NH potions like iv seen none stop for last 4 days its just to stacked against the hunter everything down to the no time limit its just dumb

There is no waiting. This game was never about patience but rather mind games. You have to trick survivors into doing what you want like shooting a spit and chasing them with ground pound so they dodge right into it. Or taking advantage of their blood thirst by ground pounding right outside of flares so they try to kill you then pounce them.

It's all gimmicks though and against competent players they rarely work.

Edited by jcks

Can we hope update for Survivor The Zombie ? It's not the zombie hunting but the survivors who hunt... it's more easy for the survivor to hunt the night with BTZ than without...

BTZ is a big joke !

Edited by Borgrolf

sadly now adays just waiting it out is not an option with rais guns and well guns in general and now people using propane tanks that are left at every nest its impossible to just wait it out even in a 1v1 max you still need to get about 4-5 kills without the use of any of your skills this is not to say a humans isnt spamming NH potions like iv seen none stop for last 4 days its just to stacked against the hunter everything down to the no time limit its just dumb

Your right my bad for not thinking of that