Sign in to follow this  
thebobman

Ryder White Throwback

Hey guys, so I was thinking not too long ago about how back in Dead Island you guys made a DLC where you would play as Ryder White in order to see more of the other side of the story. Although it was very linear, it was also very cool. What I am aiming for in saying is that making an update letting you play the lives of the other characters would be really cool.

For starters, I would love to play as Brecken since the original game trailer showed him traversing Harran instead of Crane. Creating a story as to how The Tower was created and what Brecken went through would be just awesome especially if it would include everything from the original trailer. Also the whole thing with the Brecken and the doctor's off screen relationship could be implemented as well ;p

Jades story would also be critical in developing the story of the game too. Since we don't really work with her in game, it would be great to see what she was upto before Crane showed up and what she was doing while Crane was doing his work and then while she was hiding from him in Old Town.

Rias story would be interesting to see. Obviously it would have to take place before the main campaign. It would be similar to Brecken's story of how things came to be.

The last story I could think of that could be added would be something about Troy, but she does't have any major holes in the original story that Brecken, Jade, and Rais have. These could be added as a mix of free and paid DLC's and something I feel like a lot of active players would love to see and players who have just quit playing due to being over-repatative would return for an all new experience.

This thread is open to suggestions on what others would like to see new in-game as well as for devs to say what they think of doing a throwback to this kind of expansion like we had in Dead Island.

If they did do a dlc staring another character, I think Amir would be the best choice. Telling his story would involve all the major characters since he crossed paths at one point with each of them, and he worked for the GRE. It would also be interesting since the story would conclude with his death. A passing of the baton between playable characters.

Out of curiosity, what holes in the story does Brecken, Jade and Rais have that Troy doesn't? If anything, we know more about their pasts than Troys. 

If they did do a dlc staring another character, I think Amir would be the best choice. Telling his story would involve all the major characters since he crossed paths at one point with each of them, and he worked for the GRE. It would also be interesting since the story would conclude with his death. A passing of the baton between playable characters.

Out of curiosity, what holes in the story does Brecken, Jade and Rais have that Troy doesn't? If anything, we know more about their pasts than Troys. 

Totally forgot about Amir, that would be great too.

As for the other characters, we have are told things about the characters history that we don't get to see like Brecken being in a relationship with Lina (or whatever her name was). As for Troy, we never really know anything about her past. Jade got called the Scorpian for a reason. Experiencing her earning that title is one thing and then playing the game from what she was doing during Cranes visit would be fun. Brecken coming to Harran and forming the tower during the Outbreak. And for Rais, it could be when his brother was still alive and he was killed so we can avenge his death by taking over Harran. Creating a story to those points in the game would be very fun and new in comparison to just new areas. I think Troy could use have a story too, but I wouldn't know what would be incorporated into telling her story.

But Amir is definitely something that slipped my mind. Totally forgot he was GRE operative before Crane showed up.

Totally forgot about Amir, that would be great too.

As for the other characters, we have are told things about the characters history that we don't get to see like Brecken being in a relationship with Lina (or whatever her name was). As for Troy, we never really know anything about her past. Jade got called the Scorpian for a reason. Experiencing her earning that title is one thing and then playing the game from what she was doing during Cranes visit would be fun. Brecken coming to Harran and forming the tower during the Outbreak. And for Rais, it could be when his brother was still alive and he was killed so we can avenge his death by taking over Harran. Creating a story to those points in the game would be very fun and new in comparison to just new areas. I think Troy could use have a story too, but I wouldn't know what would be incorporated into telling her story.

But Amir is definitely something that slipped my mind. Totally forgot he was GRE operative before Crane showed up.

Jade was called The Scorpion because that was her kick boxing name. Brecken came to Harran to teach Parkour during the Global Atheltic games. I have a feeling Amir that set up the tower, along with Brecken and Jade. Brecken even mentioned not wanting to be leader, but the task fell upon him. (Presumably due to Amir's death.) Even then the tower didn't exactly have one leader, but a group of people running different things.

As for Rais, he didn't take over control of Harran after his bothers death, he was in control of Harran already. Prior to the outbreak he was a Colonel in the Harranian Military. After the outbreak the he Ministry of Defense made Rais' comander-in-cheif of the enforcement forces. (Which was made up of the Harran military and soldiers of the GRE.) After his brothers death he went rogue and it appears most of his men followed him.

The thing with Amir is, we really don't now anything about him. Was he in Harran for the games and happened to be their at the time of the outbreak or did the GRE send him in? We know he was close to the towers group so having a dlc revolving around him would include how the tower was formed, and give more information on Breken, Line, Jade and Rahim. We also know he helped Dr Camden get set up in the clinic as well as helping Dr Zere. It would also be reasonable that he would have been working under Rais's command before the betrayal. 

Having a dlc or full game about Amir  would be able to tell everyone back stories. It would start with Amir either being present at the start of the outbreak or he was one of the first to be sent in by the GRE. The story would conclude with his death while rescuing Kyle. Amir could even deal with the following:

- field hospital being set up in the stadium by the GRE

- Stadium being locked down and the creation of the research clinic in old town

- Harran being placed under quarantine with the wall being erected around old town and then the slums as the outbreak spreads

- Colonel Kadir Suleiman being placed as commander-in-chief as Harran falls under martial law

- evacuation of Harran's main political leaders

- brutality of the military forces against uncooperative civilians

- death of Hassan Sulieman

- betrayal/"death" of Kadir and the "birth" of Rais

- creation of the Tower

- creation of the Embers

- back stories of minor characters in the Tower, such as Hanson arguing the Tower wasn't safe and leaving with a group of survivors to form his own safe house using electricity or Jeff wanting to use fire to protect the tower (It would be interesting if Hanson and Jeff had an argument about the Towers security before going their separate ways)

- Dr Camden reaching the Research Clinic and Dr Zere setting up shop in the Slums

I think one of the biggest questions regarding the outbreak is if it was done intentionally by the GRE. Oh, and just in case you haven't seen it here's the link to the City of Harrran's website: http://www.harran-city.com/ The news feed has some interesting story information, such as Rais being placed in charge, as well as telling it's own story. 

Ha damn, I guess I need to pay more attention to the story. I didn't think that through as much as that. The only reason I though of playing as Brecken was because of the games first trailer starred him rather than Kyle. But with what you talk about Amir, that would just make more sense to do if they end up doing something like this in the near future. And if they do end up doing it, the only thing I hope is that the new story would stay open world instead of being linear like the Ryder White campaign was.

Ha damn, I guess I need to pay more attention to the story. I didn't think that through as much as that. The only reason I though of playing as Brecken was because of the games first trailer starred him rather than Kyle. But with what you talk about Amir, that would just make more sense to do if they end up doing something like this in the near future. And if they do end up doing it, the only thing I hope is that the new story would stay open world instead of being linear like the Ryder White campaign was.

It is easy to miss some of the details small details or over look bits of dialogue. Some of it is mentioned in the collectibles and from random encounters. Take Jade for instance, I came across one random encounter at one of the safe zones (the one with the witch) with a woman that was a huge fan of the Scorpion. Her and her sister traveled to Harran just to watch the Scorpion fight and was jealous that Kyle was on a first name basis with her. There are also some posters in the tower advertising Jade "the Scorpion" Aldemir as a world champion kick boxer, if I'm remembering them correctly.

Anyways, if they did do a similar dlc to the Ryder White one, like you, I hope it's open world this time. Or a mix of linear and open world. Currently I'm curious to see what they're doing with the Bozak Horde, based on the information on the City of Harran's  website and there already a character named Bozak in the game. 

If they do a Ryder White type dlc I would like to see it take place some where near the start of the infection where instead of seeing more zombies it might be like military or police you have to look out for and the slums or old town are in a somewhat better condition  

It is easy to miss some of the details small details or over look bits of dialogue. Some of it is mentioned in the collectibles and from random encounters. Take Jade for instance, I came across one random encounter at one of the safe zones (the one with the witch) with a woman that was a huge fan of the Scorpion. Her and her sister traveled to Harran just to watch the Scorpion fight and was jealous that Kyle was on a first name basis with her. There are also some posters in the tower advertising Jade "the Scorpion" Aldemir as a world champion kick boxer, if I'm remembering them correctly.

Anyways, if they did do a similar dlc to the Ryder White one, like you, I hope it's open world this time. Or a mix of linear and open world. Currently I'm curious to see what they're doing with the Bozak Horde, based on the information on the City of Harran's  website and there already a character named Bozak in the game. 

If I am not mistaken, You meet and kill a guy named Bozak once you have completed the poster challenges in Old Town. As for the DLC on May 1st, certain sources have said that the Stadium will become available to us as another one of those typical, wave by wave arenas. Nothing that really interests me since it is the same thing that every zombie game has to incorporate eventually. Seems to me techland prefers to wait and make you pay for it instead of releasing from the start and having at least one unique mode available (not Be the zombie, that's it's own thing) to the general population (like in Dead Island with the four battle areas. Been nice if at least one was free to play). Also, supposed to be one new area, which I have no idea how that would be incorporated into the game since we would have no reason to go there because it wouldn't ever be part of the story now. It might be post-story if they decide to make it work that way, but other than that I'm not sure. I think vehicles will be introduced, bow/arrows, and some other new weapons we saw in that Dev Message when 1.5 got released. Also, I think 2 more quarantine zones. I don't mind paying for new content that was never intended to be part of the game, but I really hope something that should be given to us is the arena. If they make only one map for it, that's pointless. If it has multiple ones and we get like one or two free, that's better than having to pay to unlock that altogether and I would gladly pay extra for more. Same goes for the new possible area(s). That should be given rather than bought since the replayability factor is barely here after a long while and if they want people to get back and buy some sort of DLC, something has to be given to get the players back for them to be interested enough to buy the rest. Just my opinion, so don't criticize if you don't agree.

If I am not mistaken, You meet and kill a guy named Bozak once you have completed the poster challenges in Old Town. As for the DLC on May 1st, certain sources have said that the Stadium will become available to us as another one of those typical, wave by wave arenas. Nothing that really interests me since it is the same thing that every zombie game has to incorporate eventually. Seems to me techland prefers to wait and make you pay for it instead of releasing from the start and having at least one unique mode available (not Be the zombie, that's it's own thing) to the general population (like in Dead Island with the four battle areas. Been nice if at least one was free to play). Also, supposed to be one new area, which I have no idea how that would be incorporated into the game since we would have no reason to go there because it wouldn't ever be part of the story now. It might be post-story if they decide to make it work that way, but other than that I'm not sure. I think vehicles will be introduced, bow/arrows, and some other new weapons we saw in that Dev Message when 1.5 got released. Also, I think 2 more quarantine zones. I don't mind paying for new content that was never intended to be part of the game, but I really hope something that should be given to us is the arena. If they make only one map for it, that's pointless. If it has multiple ones and we get like one or two free, that's better than having to pay to unlock that altogether and I would gladly pay extra for more. Same goes for the new possible area(s). That should be given rather than bought since the replayability factor is barely here after a long while and if they want people to get back and buy some sort of DLC, something has to be given to get the players back for them to be interested enough to buy the rest. Just my opinion, so don't criticize if you don't agree.

Which is why I mentioned there already being someone named Bozak in the game. It's also why i'm curious as to what's going on with the horde, either it's the same Bozak, or a different guy. The Stadium itself was also used as a field clinic at the start of the outbreak. A lot of bitten people went there seeking help, and they locked the place down after putting Harran under quarantine. Maybe Bozak was a scientist testing the virus, and left behind his research on the virus as well as a horde of zombies. Kyle could be going there to obtain the field clinics research on the virus, or because he received a distress call. We won't know until it's released. I'm not sure where you're getting the May 1st release for the dlc, but the Bozak Horde DLC is due sometime in May.

Which is why I mentioned there already being someone named Bozak in the game. It's also why i'm curious as to what's going on with the horde, either it's the same Bozak, or a different guy. The Stadium itself was also used as a field clinic at the start of the outbreak. A lot of bitten people went there seeking help, and they locked the place down after putting Harran under quarantine. Maybe Bozak was a scientist testing the virus, and left behind his research on the virus as well as a horde of zombies. Kyle could be going there to obtain the field clinics research on the virus, or because he received a distress call. We won't know until it's released. I'm not sure where you're getting the May 1st release for the dlc, but the Bozak Horde DLC is due sometime in May.

You kill Bozak once you do the nine poster challenges. He won't be part of the Horde because you kill him during the sidequests. He may have something to do with the stadium, but there is no way he will be a part of it since he is dead, that is unless they do that Dawud like easter egg where doing the quests before going there effects if you see him there or not. For the most part, I don't think you get to see him other than the one time he congratulates you for finishing the challenges and then trying to kill you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVIXC2MdqHw

You kill Bozak once you do the nine poster challenges. He won't be part of the Horde because you kill him during the sidequests. He may have something to do with the stadium, but there is no way he will be a part of it since he is dead, that is unless they do that Dawud like easter egg where doing the quests before going there effects if you see him there or not. For the most part, I don't think you get to see him other than the one time he congratulates you for finishing the challenges and then trying to kill you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVIXC2MdqHw

Yes, I know Bozak is killed after completing his poster challenges. Just because he's dead at the end of that quest line, doesn't mean he won't play a part in the dlc. I mean, look at the dlc description:

"The Bozak Horde

...Go inside the Harran Stadium, the most famous landmark in the city, and test your combat know-how against relentless hordes of the Infected. Fight increasingly stronger and larger enemy waves as you oppose a mysterious psychopath called Bozak."

Here's a few other things regarding the stadium taken from the website:

"STADIUM

The latest addition to Harran's cityscape is a modern multi-discpline stadium built specifically for the Global Athletic Games. With the seating capacity of over 60,000, it's the largest construction ever built in Harran. Thanks to its modern design and great functionality, the stadium is a true architectural gem that makes all Harranians proud of their city."

"FIELD HOSPITAL AT STADIUM

An increasing number of Harran citizens are suffering from the unknown epidemic that broke out in the city a few weeks ago. To facilitate treatment of the sick, the Ministry of Defense and the City Council have opened a field hospital at the Harran Stadium. 

Everyone showing symptoms of the sickness is asked to report at the hospital, where they will be treated with the new medication that is being developed by the Global Relief Effort. The medication, which stops the development of the virus in an infected body, is nearing completion and will soon be administered to first patients. All uninfected citizens are encourage to stay at their homes for security and sanitary reasons." 

"OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: HARRAN UNDER QUARANTINE

....The field hospital at the stadium is also being quarantined. No one is allowed to enter or leave the building. Medicine, food, and clothing supplies will be delivered to the hospital once a day."

"I KILLED HER. I REALLY DID. I HAD NO CHOICE.

.... I can go to the Stadium and have myself examined. I've heard they've got many doctors there, with advanced medical equipment and everything. But I've also heard people who go there disappear."

The description of Bozak in the dlc, with having your combat skills tested by is similar to him testing survivors in old Town with his challenge posters. Bozak mentioned coming to Harran around the start of the outbreak. Maybe he arrived as part of the team for the Field Clinic. Then there's the mystery surrounding the Stadium itself. Was it really set up by the GRE to help treat people who where infected or was that all another ruse? The GRE, and Bozak, might have been using it to finish the creation of anitzin, while testing the virus as a weapon. (Or maybe Bozak snapped and later turned the facility into his own makeshift arena after it was placed under quarantine.) As to why he's in Old town, it could be as he said, he got bored of fighting the infected.  He abandoned his arena to find the ultimate challenger in Old Town. The mystery part could be that he set up the arena to work autonomously. That way players who haven't met him would be curious about who he is, while players that already defeated him would be curious as to how he might still be alive running the arena. (or there are two different Bozak's.) One thing is almost certain, the people that went there seeking help are now the horde we'll face. Anyways well just have to wait and see, but there is the potential that the dlc could add a little more to the story, and not just be arena fights. That's why I'm curious to see how things will turn out with it.