Sign in to follow this  
RunnerSeth

Adding Antizin To Airdrops Via Dying Light

Hey guys, I'm back with the topic "adding antizin" in airdrops or dying light in general. I have posted a topic like this in the past, but I am going to keep pushing for it. I would think it would be a cool addition to the game if we had an infection meter and had to get antizin in airdrops or laying around in very hard locked chests we have to go through. Now, I'm thinking is when you get bit by a zombie, literally get bit, you can have a certain number of antizin vials you can go through at a time and each vial lasts up to 4-5 days (IN-GAME).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

----------------------- Feedback would be most appreciated! -----------------------

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well guys, you get the idea by now, get to the nearest safe house, stay safe and see you again tomorrow!

GOOD NIGHT

GOOD LUCK

I don't mean to be rude but this and the hunger system some people talk about doesn't fit this kinda of game since its more action then true survival still love the game though but this a neat idea

I like the idea of the Antizen in the air drops.I think it would motivate players that are maxed out to get the drops.

Also maybe a "Super" gun or something that you have to use or lose and can't store.

RPG comes to mind. ;)

Edited by TF-Danger

I don't mean to be rude but this and the hunger system some people talk about doesn't fit this kinda of game since its more action then true survival still love the game though but this a neat idea

FarCry 2 had a malaria system, and Fallout New Vegas had a hunger/dehydration system. Neither of those games were survival genre games. If they did add it, I wouldn't mind it being a hardcore game setting, similar to New Vegas.

That being said:

Hey guys, I'm back with the topic "adding antizin" in airdrops or dying light in general. I have posted a topic like this in the past, but I am going to keep pushing for it. I would think it would be a cool addition to the game if we had an infection meter and had to get antizin in airdrops or laying around in very hard locked chests we have to go through. Now, I'm thinking is when you get bit by a zombie, literally get bit, you can have a certain number of antizin vials you can go through at a time and each vial lasts up to 4-5 days (IN-GAME).

I don't think an infection meter, and Antizin drops would work well in this game. One big issue is it would clash with the story narrative. How would Crane get more Antizin after the GRE stops dropping it near the start of the story? If it's not dropping, will players be forced to focus on the story missions only to get the few shots or else it's an instant game over? If Antizin is still easy for Klye come by after the drops stop, then what's the purpose of 

Jade sacrificing herself to give Crane the Antizin, if he's been regularly taking it? And if you happened to just take an Anitizin shot before going into the museum why is he suffering from the effects of not taking it?

The other thing is it wouldn't work how you described. The zombie bite at the start of the game is the only bit that matters. Getting bitten again wouldn't change things since Kyle already has the virus. Then there's the matter of how Antizin and the virus works. Anitzin only suppresses the virus, it doesn't remove it. If there was an infection meter, taking Antizin would only stop the meter from filling, not reset it. After the Antizin wears off the meter would continue to fill until you take more to stop the virus's progression. 

I think an infection system would be better in Dying Light 2 with a narrative that fits the open world design of the game, instead of a forced linear narrative. 

Somebody some time ago mentioned they'd like to see something like this in the end-game stage. The stage where the player is prompted to begin a NG+ because they completed the main-quest (obviously) and all of the sidemissions. As I see it, I think it fits perfectly within both aspects, the narrative and for general replayability. 

As the events in the story unfold, the GRE are placed in a rather tough position. There is proof that they were looking to exploit the virus for profit lurking in every corner of the world and the internet, I'd imagine. As this is not a type of scandal to be swept under the rug and forgotten. 'Not in the society we live in today, (assuming Dying Light depicts itself realistically). 

Since the world knows that there are still survivors in the Quarantine - the eyes of the world shift from the Quarantine, toward the GRE - which would prompt them to reinitialize the airdrops in an effort to convince those same eyes that they're working to to assist the people of Harran and that they weren't attempting to profit off of their misery the entire time. After all, they have an image to maintain, 'labeling themselves the Global Relief Effort. With the file published, it is stupidly easy to connect the dots when you consider how well the GRE has handled the outbreak from the 3 days it took to build the quarantine walls to how quickly the ministry insisted on the hammer-down protocol. 

Not to mention that the research is still in the Quarantine. And since they know Kyle is still alive, still infected and probably has it's whereabouts - they're at a standstill. The only way possible way to even try to pull themselves out of the shitstorm they created is to continue dropping crates and hope for the best. My guess is that the GRE has been keeping their intentions under wraps, within an inner-circle behind closed doors. So those more humble and with good-intentions within the organization or not would insure that antizin flies over those walls along with the flares and medkits. So as for the narrative, I think it can work.  

------

TL:DR: Yeah, antizin drops is a good idea, but only at the end of the game, so that it doesn't obstruct the narrative. Suffering from seizures during combat or going for a jump from building to building would make for a big challenge and it would spice things up quite a bit. It would make lvl 25's go for airdrops and there could even be an element of servitude sorta' like Factions in The Last of Us. Where you collect antizin not only for yourself but for the Tower. When people in the tower die from lack of antizin, they'll only respawn in your NG+. I mean, the protag barely interacts with even some of the main characters, let alone the minor characters. This could fix that. 'Maybe Lena could help point to some interiors or exteriors where the player could raid to find antizin if they miss out on a drop. 

Would be pretty erie to see the tower completely empty besides for the quartermasters and shopkeepers lol. 

Yeah, antizin drops is a good idea, but only at the end of the game, so that it doesn't obstruct the narrative. Suffering from seizures during combat or going for a jump from building to building would make for a big challenge and it would spice things up quite a bit. It would make lvl 25's go for airdrops and there could even be an element of servitude sorta' like Factions in The Last of Us. Where you collect antizin not only for yourself but for the Tower. When people in the tower die from lack of antizin, they'll only respawn in your NG+. I mean, the protag barely interacts with even some of the main characters, let alone the minor characters. This could fix that. 'Maybe Lena could help point to some interiors or exteriors where the player could raid to find antizin if they miss out on a drop. 

Would be pretty erie to see the tower completely empty besides for the quartermasters and shopkeepers lol. 

I think the idea is better saved for Dying Light 2 than attempting to shoehorn it into the post game. It would be a large gameplay mechanic to just stick into post story. Having Kyle manage his symptoms in Dying Light 2 while continuing to work towards a cure and creating a cure would be better. If Dr. Camden is successful in creating a cure during Dying Light 2, I think the cure would only work on those who haven't turned, while killing those who have. The cure, unlike antizen would also need to stay refrigerated. The question is, would taking the cure and killing the virus make someone immune to the virus? If not, it would create a game mechanic similar to what RunnerSeth requested. Up until creating the cure you have to manage the virus, with the meter starting almost full due to the events of the first game. Failing to take anitzin and letting the meter fill the rest of the way would result in turning and a game over. Once the cure is created you can go to the clinic and cure yourself, resetting the infection meter back down to zero. Getting bitten again would restart the process all over. At which point you can either make it back to the clinic and get the cure before turning, or you can manage your symptoms with antizen until you decide to go back for the cure. They could also have various stages to the infection, with different side effects for when the antizen wears off. The stages could be:

-stage 1: short seizures that only effect vision

-stage 2: mild seizures that effect vision and stamina

-stage 3: longer seizures that effect vision and stamina

-stage 4: longer seizures that effect vision, stamina, and start causing hallucinations

-stage 5: longer seizures that effect vision, stamina, loss of motor skills (random effects like mirrored controls/certain actions randomly don't respond/etc), hallucinations, and increased attack strength

-stage 6: turned

When you start the game you start with a stage 4 infection, due to events in Dying Light. The effects would only happen after/as the antizen wears off. For example at stage 4 you would get a mild seizure a minute before it's about to wear off as a warning, followed by your stamina being effected at 30 seconds and then full hallucinations after it wears off. Once the antizen wears off the meter would continue to rise to the next stage and you'd lose control of motor skills, and eventually turn once it fills.

I'd also like to see it added to the survivors, with them going through each stage before turning. It would be interesting if Dying Light 2 could keep track of the current population in Harran. Imagine having the game keep track of the Survivor vs Infected numbers. The survivors could turn and add to the Infected count, until all the unimportant npcs have turned. Conversely, it would be possible for a dedicated player to wipe out the entire infected population. (similar to FF:Lighting Returns, although the infected count would be in the hundreds of thousands.)

I agree with your post MusicMan^

I for one am excited for a Dying Light sequel. I love all of the ideas posted so far. 

The potential the sequel has, primarily in it's storytelling (as I believe that there is still quite a lot of things Techland can learn and improve upon from the mechanics in their game), is much to be desired and I can see a definite possibility of there being a less linear story, or a linear story that won't be derailed by a greater variety of gameplay mechanics.

Siege-defense, infection mechanics, vehicles, hunting as well as recreational minigames. 

Because since we're not particularly a GRE infiltrator anymore and rather a runner, a survivor, somebody who doesn't need to put on a mask and has made a name for themself, I can imagine Dying Light 2 to be the far more true survival experience, being less handcuffed to the story.

But we'll just have to wait and see. It could be an entirely different story with cross-references but I highly doubt that. 

I dont want to be a downer but adding antize just like the request for food would be shattering for dying light gameplay the flow of running and combat would not work I dont think dying light is meant to be like that