Sign in to follow this  
jcks

Ground Pound Sucks

I'm not one to usually complain about these things (seems more like a dasorrow thread) but I gotta say something about this:

Latency is killing ground pound versus drop kick. You have to basically predict ahead of time when you think you're about to get drop kicked and THEN use ground pound (typically right when they jump). However it's a 50/50. If they end up back dodging instead then you'll find yourself suffering from the recovery penalty. That's not good for a move that gives you a limited window of time to use it and forces you to predict when to counter before it even happens.

Also I know Peter mentioned somewhere on here that survivors are given invul frames after missed pounces because getting ground pounded from a interrupted pounce was "no fun for the survivor." But honestly judging from the first two clips it's the other way around - the night hunter is the one who suffers. You've taken away his only option for escape after a missed pounce in close quarters and gave survivors a guaranteed punish/kill. It's not like he can endlessly ground pound you to death after a missed pounce, ESPECIALLY when you're in a closed area. They recover much faster and can kill you before you have the next one charged up and ready.

I must say I actually agree with this.

I can see the very obvious problem with removing the Ground Pound Effect following an Interupted Pounce.

I don't think this change was for the best. I think it would be better to allow Ground Pound to work as it did.

But just limit its use when Immediately used after a Failed Tackle.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

i already posted about this lol see what i mean u guys may have bashed me for noticing all these chupacabra human crutch mechanics but you guys just end up reposting all my stuff later with a more organized and better argument but needless to say i still called all the chupacabra problems in this game that the community knows and so does the devs suck that neither is fighting to hard to fix it

Edited by dasorrow

i already posted about this lol

Yeah I know but it's becoming increasingly more apparent. I've been having a lot of laggy matches lately and 9 times out of 10 lag favors the survivors way more than it does the hunters. One thing being drop kick continuously beating out ground pound.