I've finally decided to come here to explain the current state of Dying Light. More specificially: BTZ (Be The Zombie). And how it can be saved.
As most of you already know/should have noticed: Dying Light has no active developement. They are focusing on Bad Blood and Dying Light 2.
We, as a small BTZ Community, all play this game or had played for all the same enjoyment of BTZ.
With no active developement nor developers this is hard to maintain playerbase. But that's why i've come here today. To tell everyone that i want to help this game more "competitive".
Over the past 3/4 months i have been reworking and updating the game with all kinds of players (Omni, LucasK, Noviex, Nubling, Hank J. Wimbleton, CartierC, the list goes on) to make the game into a better place. To make our community bigger; but also bring back enjoyment for everyone.
Furthermore, features that people asked for a long time ago is also what i brought in. I know what i'm doing right now is late in the developement cycle. But still, i believe that we can make it together: i just need help if the developers actually approve this.
I'll write some features that people will expect:
- Weapon Variety: Guns, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns have all been reworked so that they also can be of use. I miss having variety in terms of weapon equipement in such a expanded game of weapons. I want players to choose their own playstyle, which is what i'm creating.
- Equipment Variety: As sais above, this should count for equipement items aswell. Things like speed boosters, resistance boosters and stamina boosters are usefull now.
- Autobalance: Removed. This is something that people wished to be removed, simply because the system handicaps survivors and hunters for playing at a bad hand.
- Camera changes: Removed. For the looks, getting kills with the zoom in and slow motion and all looks really cool, but in a BTZ enviroment this doesn't take place. So i removed them.
- Magnets: Also a long time suggestion from people: I personally was also against this feature, so i don't see a reason why not. Having magnets for fall dampening is out of place for a fast-paced game.
- Sense Spit: I completely reworked this spit. A lot of people in the community asked for this. Sense Spit was a cool concept: but it isn't really affective. Spits should be something to watch out for: this spit was not the case. Thus, the rework.
- Melee Variety: Heavy weapons, Knives, Heavy One Handed Weapons and one handed weapons are all adjusted. Heavy Weapons get a damage reduction, as well as the one handed's. But the knives and heavy one-handed weapons get a buff. Every weapon has a different meaning this way.
So, there's a lot more i could list up, but that's not what i came to say only.
Would each and all of you would like to see a upcoming update like this? Do you want to see a new meta in Dying Light? Do you want Dying Light to be updated? Do you want to enjoy BTZ again in a different experience?
I'm leaving the chance to all of you in the comments. I contacted a lot of developers already about this concept: but i am a sole person suggesting this: so i need the help, support and votes for people that want this to become true. More voices is better than one.
So let me know what you people think.
@James Gallagher @Pete Donnelly this is a chance for you developers to take. But i've taken each day the time to make this game into a better place.
I sincerely hope that this will happen, but once again i need help from all of you people.