Hi Techland! I'm one of your biggest fans of your game. Begin to play it since November. I'm not a big complainer and I think your game is a piece of art at some points, but the last update created a considerable joy and a disappointment. Here is what are my observations accumulated since the release of the update and The Following.
What I will report is for the PS4 version.
How is it possible some players in 2 days are already at legendary level 250!!?? I play at Nightmare and I'm good but this is impossible to get the level that quickly. Some people said because some stupid gamers are cheaters and hackers of your game. Is it true? Like GTA V you should detect not normal save game and ban them out of your servers. This is a big turn off for me to play online.
Bugs / Issues:
- Don't have the blueprint to create Incendiary Arrows anymore. Only way to get some is to buy them. :/
- Exploding Arrows don't do sounds effects.
- Any Explosions alert any zombies without problems, anywhere any time and my buggy playing big loud music in repetition don't attract zombies after the second try if I clean the area of zombies. It should be like explosions, no?
- The visual upgrade is great because you use extra power of the PS4, but you removed a lot of foliage here and there in the Slums and Old Town. I think in this case this is a downgrade of your masterpiece.
- The game NEVER lagged, no low frame rate and now, this is sometimes impossible to play!! Sometimes under 15 FPS (impossible to see on the console version) but I see 30 zombies and playing with 2 other players, this is sometimes unplayable! Like I was in slowmo mode permanently. It needs to be fixed quickly, because it ruined the game experience. Maybe switch back to lower graphic details and allow a far field of view without any lags. Just saying!
- Within one hour, with a friend, we got invaded twice and impossible to kill one of the Nest in a train wagon because the doors are closed. I filmed the issue with my PS4 if you need to see it. Frustrating!
- In co-op players teleport and not fluid at all. I hate to compare but check Destiny how fluid it is at 60 FPS with shadows on. You co-op mode is not smooth and we don't see of the shadow of the players. I try to understand why no shadow. It's like we are a ghost, floating in the space.
- New volatile (black) teleport always on us when playing in co-op. Frustrating at Nightmare!
- I read people cheating by duplications of anything is it true!? I hope you will fix that and put a limit of thing you can have on you at all time or simply per day limit how many things you can give to another player. This will be logical that we are limited for how many Craft Parts we can have. I know many idiots playing the game and pirate too. You need to act with drastic actions to save the beauty and fun of the game.
- Many times I talked with a human NPC and the mouth was not moving. I was able to hear the voice behind me (surround speakers) not the front speaker.
- Why often I see the subtitles text is different from voice acting script? (I play in English)
- At night, the lighting out of the buggy is often screwed up when I'm out of it. Sometimes I can't see or sometimes the field is fully clear like a sunny day. I saw this issue, again, in co-op.
- The sound cut and clip, each time I see the loading video of BTZ mode, before we are dropped in the map.
- Zombie going through doors and walls. Not fun with Volatile doing that.
- Each time a friend joins a game the weapon in his hand is twice the size of it. I saw screenshots on your forum about that and I have an example too.
- BTZ mode with the buggy. Each time you ask to get your buggy all the parts on the buggy are level 1 and parts before that are removed. Very frustrating. This is a BIG issue.
- The healing process happened to not working numerous times it. You are required to press the button on the d-pad again. Not cool.
- I'm going crazy with the square button to do everything! I want to switch arrows or looting and my buggy start playing music or waste my UV light while in a BTZ mode. Please change the way it works. Probably the need to hold another button plus square to alter the functionality.
- Why filters and the film grains effect?
- We should look unique instead of all the same visual face of Kyle with different clothes.
- Able to see our shadow?
- Update your Companion app. You have a few visual glitches and needs to Countryside.
- Why no more Weapons Dockets in your videos?
I'm a natural beta tester. If you ask me to test something, I will help the best I can. I can go get a lot of screenshots and videos if needed. I consider respectively your game was not ready for the release date. Many things were not tested carefully like the big frame rate drops when you have too many zombies. Before I was not able to see the zombies pop-up, now it happens too often. It feels more like a game than natural like the experience I got with the Slums and Old Town maps.
I hope that you are working on a magical and wonderful update to give back the no drop frame rate experience of your game. This is my major turn off. Be killed because I was not able to see or play instead of my skills, very painful for my ego! Specially at night in Nightmare and you lose over a million of XP. You want to break something!!
I took the time to write those phrases over the weeks because I care about your great game Maybe I hope to much for the better and the best.