RinXair

Female Protagonist Dlc Or Mod Possible ?

13 posts in this topic

Hello Techland Team and Community.

I am a Female Gamer and i whould Love to know, if it is possible to make a Mod where the actual Protagonist could be Female.

I find Kyle Crane pretty sympatic but i whould love to have Realistic Immersion for Female Gamer s aswell.

I whould not Mind if the Voice is turn to Subtitle Only, for Crane cause i dont think it is so easy to Voice over the Dialog with a Female Voice.

I do not think the Animations need any kind of change, just the actual First Person Body should be good to go for the Beginning.

May you can make a playable Female Crane Version, for DLC i whould buy that witouth thinking about it.

I only Discovered the Slums so far but if there are erotic Scenes, in the Game i do not Mind if it were Female on Female.

That Kyle Crane needs to be a Guy is no Argument for Me, i do not hear him say much Manly things at all.

Anyway for DLC or Mod this whould make the Game much more interesting for Female Gamer s.

I have more than 28 Hours in the Slums only with just 10% or 8% of the actual Story cause i love that Game : ) .

I do not have all Discovered, cause i just had to look at the Beautiful Scene sometimes, that took Time too.

I ones read a Thread where someone complain, that Br ea sts (Realy censor the Word Brea sts) has not much to do with Immersion, for Females it does so "mean words" for this Person.

I find it sometimes realy awkward and dumb, that People say some Breast sizes are actual Sexistic and surreal completly nonsense.

We are all not Equal and Different and there are many Types of Male s and Feamle s in the World.

So complain about Sexism is pretty Unlogical for Me, i do not get smaller Breast size that Men stare less, just for a example haha ...realy annoying some Feminism has nothing to do with Equality at all.

If some Man whould just buy this DLC or install the Mod for the Boo bs (Realy censor this word too?) , i whould care much less than having no Option, to play a Female Character cause i am a Female in Reality too and I prefer  that.

I am using the Ninja Outfit cause i do not like to play a Full Bearded Guy at all.

This Game has so much Potential, i Hope it gets the Attention it needs and way more Female Gamer s with DLC or Mod s.

Thanks fo reading this Thread and please do not Delte it, it means much to Me that People pay atleast a bit Attention to it.

And if you ask Yourself what i mean by Female Character, i find the New Lara Croft pretty Sweet, not the Anime Cartoonish One i have some similaryties to Her, the New One not the Other..

RinXair <3 .. 

Edited by RinXair

Ma'am, with all due respect, have you ever heard a guy ask for a male version of Lara Croft, Samus, or Chell that wasn't a complete douchebag? Didn't think so.

Not that I'm against having a female protagonist of course. Hell, there could be a different campaign for her that still leaves multiplayer with Crane players a possibility. Maybe pull a Dead Island Riptide and have her only appear in safe zones and cutscenes unless multiplayer's enabled.

The one actual problem I can see is debating whether or not she should have a slightly different ability set and/or personality from Crane. Another plus, however, is this would kinda make an opportunity to add another hunter in Be the Zombie mode.

Also, this probably should have been put in the discussion of possible features for future game updates. Just so you know.

I mean this completly Serious i find the New Lara Croft fine, not a Table Dancing Clichee Woman lookalike, like the Old Cartoonish One, Mister...(Just For Example i have nothing against Table Dance People)

I find it were a good possible Feature, that you can Decide atleast on Coop and later with a Mod, to have a Female First Person Mesh and Texture (Model) i whould Buy it, if such a DLC whould exist Mod are Free i know.

And i have a High Intelligence, even if My English is not Perfect, i have more to do in Life and i am from Germany, so do not think i am a Douchebag, i find this slightly Offensive, Mister...

You get Me completly Wrong and Yourself too it seems. These Game s are completly No Immersive at all these are no, First Person Game s. Immersion means for Woman a completly Different Experience than for Guys.

I find it pretty Important than you can Decide, i like to feel actualy be Myself just in a Virtual World, even if I like Characters like Kyle Crane, so dont get Me wrong here, First Final Game with Crane, than another Play with DLC.

I know the entire Game was Voice acted by a Male, but even if She has no Voice, it is more Immersion than playing with a Male FPS Body Model for Woman, cause i think to Voice all again cost way to much for a DLC ?

You get Me Wrong too that i do not want to replace Kyle Crane, i mean just the Decision what you want to be Male or Female, i do not asked for a Replacement, that Male can play as Male and Female as Female or Different.

To leave some Gender complete Out, or to take the possiblity is pretty werid for Me, sure the Story, but what is when you have done the Story and just want to have fun with Friends or Explore Yourself more of the World.

"Another Campaign for New Female DLC" sounds pretty good, but should be compatible with the Main Story, with some Changes aswell even if She has no Voice, cause of Development Costs... just in Theory.

I dont think the Gender Role s are in a Third Person Perspective so much Important, as in a First Person Perspective, cause Immerson Starts when you realy see out of the Eyes of One Indvidual and when you can see the Body

atleast a bit, Old Game s with no Immersion "just 2 Arms and no Legs not even Feet are extremly weird to me" I dont Understand why kind of like may 60% or more :(May cause of the Old Engine s): of all FPS Games, have this Problem just weird and no Immersive at all, just 2 in the Air flying Arms with Guns or Weapons in there Hands, mh that is no Immersion for Me.

I Love Game s like Dying Light, cause it allows you to do the Things you whould never do in Reality and Explore a completly new Experience of Gameplay or Immersion, it is the First Game to be realy pretty close to it.

I am no Feminist Woman, i am atracted to both Male and Female, so i am out of the Se-xual View to People, cause i find them Equaly Beautiful, but this Depends, but i like to be a Woman of Course and prefer it in Gameplay too, when it comes to Immersion, i find it pretty Important that you can chose what you are or what you want to be, for Example even Ga-y and Lesbia-n have kind of Gender Role s in there Relationship s Freedom for All <3.
We are completly Different no One is Equal in this World, i mean Equality by the Law and Social Yes sure but We are still all Differen to Each Other.

I dont care what Religion One has or what Se-xuality just live together in a Neutral Peace, should be Easy but it is a Mess with People sometimes, so lets have fun Together in Great Game s like Dying Light

I have actualy to do with much Private Stuff and Problems, so do not think my Grammar is always that Bad, just having a Hard Time mh Life is complicated...

Anyway please be less Offensive next Time, I like to Discuss much about Female DLC Protagonist or Mod s and Other Features, to make the Game more Immersive for Females.

Freedom of Speech for all and if you are weirded out by my Grammar, i mix it sometimes with german Grammar, but i think you can read and understand all or should.

To say it more Equal, the best possible Immersive Experience for All, may more Feature s like new Animations aswell, for Both Male and Female.

Edit Button overheated, glad this exists to edit Text : D .

I added much more than in the Alpha Versin of my Text, still Beta but should be enough, to Continue the Discussions.

Damit one last but realy good comment: I play the entire Campagne of Alien Isolation, it is less Immersive than Dying Light, cause you can only see the Belt sometime s and all below the Legs and Feet but a good Example.

There DLC has completly Different Maps, or the same Maps just Different Storys, what is not to bad but Slightly Interesting and should be less cost Intensive, mh i wonder how much DLC s in there working cost but Depends?

There are some DLC out there for Diffent Games, what has almost the entire size of the Main Game, or atleast like 50% what is pretty Impressive to switch some Models should be not to hard to do.

I find the Animations well no all Woman dance in the Wind, with Flowers in there Hair, a Kick can look pretty similar Man to Woman, you have to hit your Enemy hard just for Example and for the Costs of course..

Edited by RinXair

I'd also like to see a female playable in DL.  And I am not a woman.  I doubt we'll see a Kyle replacement though, tons of work and so on.  But maybe a modder could replace Kyle with a woman. You'd get Kyles voice and probably Kyle in the cut scenes, but the majority of the time you could see girl arms and legs as you murder zombies.

I was thinking that a DLC revolving around you playing Jade would be awesome.  It could be Parallel to the current story, or maybe even prequel stuff leading up to saving Kyle.

Yes I agree with you neonghost for the DLC and the Mod, may with a DLC it whould be more Easy, to make such a Awesome Mod, i love this Game but found some Animation Bugs, with Maximal FOV in Options i tested much.

Field of View, so called Option FOV to 0 to Standart fixes many of the Animation Bugs, you encounter them while you play attentive, with Maximal FOV what gives you a much more realistic Body View, but these Bugs are Annoying,

For Example you Leap Up from a Wall and you can see your own invisible Neck, or when you hang on a Wall and turn to fast, you see your Body turns slower than your Mouse can and this looks realy weird.

Just Test some Animations with Maximal Field of View and you can see what i mean with Animaions Bugs, i hope there is in the Future may a Mod or Patch for that, should not be to hard to fix it, anyway realy good Immersive Gameplay.

You fixed some Performance Improvements with the last Patch Thanks for this Techland, but there are some weird Regions were less FPS is a bit sad, cause Screen with Max Details and like 100 Zombies on it 90 FPS + and Region with no Enemies like 50 FPS sometimes, it is a bit weird Depends to Region and Wheather what impacts the FPS but the Game is still realy Fluid, My Computer costed 2250 Euro that should be more than fine, for the Next 2 Years, so it can not be the Hardware i guess, i whould love to see there some Performance increasements stability for the Wheather and the Regions : ) , indoor FPS are like 150 + and sometimes even 200 to 250 Depends.

Had one Old Laptop and could not even play in My Dreams Dying Light with it or other Games more New than 2013, only with Low or Medium Grapics, glad I could buy this Computer most Games from 2014 and 2015 100,150,200 FPS + .

The Easy Overcloak Function and the Max Amount of Performance i only activate them next Year, i dont think actual Game s need so much Performance, for now may with 4K Screen mh HD is good enough for now, may later 2K or something.

Just One Example for People and with Luck some Techland Developers who may read this Topic, that i am not playing with a Potato and treat there Game right mh :D .

If I had a much better Private SItuation right now, i whould make a Detailed Video with all Little to some annoying Animation Bugs i found, some Wheather and Region Performance Bugs too, Life is complicated.

So there is still some work to do and please some Patches Techland <3 Rin, and the Jade DLC sounds realy Interesting, the Cutscene and the Voice, mh may turn of the Voice to only Subtitles just for the Immersion or just Voice over the Climb Exhausting or Attacking Sounds, with a Female Actress should be realy Easy. and Cost not to much at all, cause it may feels realy weird with Male Exhausting and Screaming Sounds with a Female FPS Body : D

I do not mean this Offensive, this is just My actual Computer System and i have High standarts to the Game s i want and play, i am one perfectionist and critic in a very high level, and i think this is One of the Best Survival Games so far <3 ..

The Developer Tools of Dying Light are finaly out Thank You Techland <3 .

I am sure the Project for a New DLC or Custom Mod with Female FPS Protagonist, to switch between Male and Female, are soon in the Development i hope so <3 Awesome.

You Guys should watch the Part 1 to Part 6 Developer Tools guide in Youtube made by Dying Light Chanel.

I hope i am allowed to post this Link, just Awesome how it all finaly started for all of us, please be sure to watch all 6 Parts so far, of this quick Genius Tutorial

I dont know how much complexe Stuff we can do for now, in this Version of the Developer Tools, may it is possible to recreate the FPS gameplay or to change something and make a Female Protagonist, play able.

I think the Animations are pretty fine for Woman and Man, cause i dont think someone is going to create a completly new Set of Animations, may with a DLC to change some of them.

More Feminin Animations can look stupid and Hilarious for Example, One Skyrim Mod i installed and all Female s walked and run like they want to hurt there Arms and hit them against every Doorway in the Game, that was weird.

I am a Woman Gamer and if i whould run and walk so stupid like this, "Femnin Mod in Skyrim" than i whould have beaten black and blue my Arms, with the Doorways in our House haha ouch.

For Example 2 the High Heel walk was kind of Awesome, haha but that is another Story. I think this Game has soon a extremly Big Mod Comunity, cause of so much Immersion and Gameplay Graphical Potential.

Edited by RinXair

Still the Problem that i could not find a Option how to Copy existing Content damit, i realy dont know where it could be may with Text Edit, but it should be possible to do this just with the Developer Tool ?

For Example you can Copy some Content into another Folder, but i can not change the Path to use the actualy copied Content to finaly change it.

I dont know if it is possible to see a Example of the FPS Gameplay view before starting the Map, this Feature whould be realy usefull for Custom Body,Outfits to see how they whould look in the Game may this Feature is already build in ?

The tools is kind of Easy to use but still seems to be complicated for some more special Tasks, but i guess it has to be a bit more complexe, by some more complexe Options for the professionality for later Content..

For the female character i don ´t know

If it´s possible to make but i saw

A function somewhere .

I can ´t remember where but it was something

Like changePlayer... ,

Need to check.

Awesome i think it is just a Matter of time to see Custom Content,Enemies,Landscapes,Vehicles,Background(Horizon),NPC,may entire Familys in some Save Zones, i know Dying Light already has them, but may out of Haran for Mod Expansion.

I whould love it to see this Feature to Change Player FPP and TPP, before the First Week or First Month is over as usual haha, cant wait to get my Hands and Mind on and in to Awesome Stuff.

I am glad this seems to be a "Good Social" Community,Forum.

Some People are kind of Offensive against Other Projects, i do not mention here any Names but some People...

Mh changePlayer ... Sounds pretty good, i wait for Your Private Message, or to post it here for all but the Post Limit is kind of Annoying, it should be the doubled Amount of Posts possible for the Mod Forum..

On 4/8/2015 at 5:02 AM, SeekerofDarkness13 said:

Ma'am, with all due respect, have you ever heard a guy ask for a male version of Lara Croft, Samus, or Chell that wasn't a complete douchebag? Didn't think so.

Not that I'm against having a female protagonist of course. Hell, there could be a different campaign for her that still leaves multiplayer with Crane players a possibility. Maybe pull a Dead Island Riptide and have her only appear in safe zones and cutscenes unless multiplayer's enabled.

The one actual problem I can see is debating whether or not she should have a slightly different ability set and/or personality from Crane. Another plus, however, is this would kinda make an opportunity to add another hunter in Be the Zombie mode.

Also, this probably should have been put in the discussion of possible features for future game updates. Just so you know.

2 year late but why can't they just add Troy and jade as a legendary unlock that would make a female playable and won't change the storyline at all.

How about a design your character DLC? Additional story line. Male or Female option. That would be awesome. As a female, it would be nice to have a female protagonist but it doesn't kill me to play as a bearded guy. The game is awesome no matter who I play as.