MyNameIsLegendEU

Dying Light: New Content Ideas, Gamemode Suggestions And Other Things That Should Already Exist

18 posts in this topic

Dying light is an amazing game, But there is some things that i've realised would make the game a lot better:

*New Guns, Especially SNIPERS and RPGs

*A REWARD for completing ALL SIDE QUESTS, like a special outfit or some crazy new weapons! I was really disappointed when i didn't receive anything for all my effort and time i spent on doing this!

*A PvP gamemode unlocked after the main story where you can hold up in buildings and fight against, not only the infected but other players! E.g when you die you drop all your stuff and people can loot your body etc (Almost like the DayZ Standalone game on steam) I undersand this would be a lot of work for techland but i think it would make the game one million times better!

*New map? This is something i wouldn't be to surprised about being a DLC. I think it would be amazing to have a little change in scenery for a little extra money! Slums and OT get pretty boring after a while! So a small, fun map with some bonus quests would be great!

If Techland see this, i want you to know, Congratulations on what you have created and you should feel proud as heck to say you developed this game! The suggestions above are (like i said) suggestions that WILL bring more players to the game, and for me, the PvP gamemode would be amazing, as an xbox player, there isn't a game or gamemode on any console game like that (i dont think)! PS if the PvP gamemode does get created, please dont make it for PC only. I beg :) Thanks for reading, i really appreciate it! 

*New Guns, Especially SNIPERS and RPGs

If they add things like this, those things have to be allowed on BtZ and...BtZ is prettunbalance already xD btw, Harran is a poor city...from where are you going to take ammo for that? No police deparment, no military base...

*A REWARD for completing ALL SIDE QUESTS, like a special outfit or some crazy new weapons! I was really disappointed when i didn't receive anything for all my effort and time i spent on doing this!

Erm...Dont you get the trophy?

*A PvP gamemode unlocked after the main story where you can hold up in buildings and fight against, not only the infected but other players! E.g when you die you drop all your stuff and people can loot your body etc (Almost like the DayZ Standalone game on steam) I undersand this would be a lot of work for techland but i think it would make the game one million times better!

Buy a pc and DayZ, a PvP like that in DL will be boring as hell

*New map? This is something i wouldn't be to surprised about being a DLC. I think it would be amazing to have a little change in scenery for a little extra money! Slums and OT get pretty boring after a while! So a small, fun map with some bonus quests would be great!

New map is coming soon -.-! Check the medias...with vehicles and more stuff

1. I don't know about rpg but a rifle with a scope would e cool as long as it was balanced. Maybe a 1 shot bolt action louder than shotgun (viral scream in 1 shot vs 2) but only lethal with a headshot. Also maybe some timed or remote attacks and distractions like remotely activating traps with your radio or combine string + metal parts + nails + plastic tube + shotgun ammo to make doorway or halway trap. Oh and a way to launch the airstrike flare like a plastic tube + lighter gas + metal parts combo for 1 time use. I'm sure people on here could think up lots more.

2. Trophy's are not a reward. None of the people I know even pay attention to them. A more universal reward would be in-game content and an outfit is totally acceptable imo. They are cosmetic and yet desireable.

3. As for pvp I think it could work right now cheap n easy as team deathmatch just by making guns more deadly to humans and louder to zombies. Maybe add timed or remote explosives and make it 2 rival extraction teams with same target (some research or person or evidence) right after outbreak. Or reis startup crew vs extraction team/police/any rival.

RPG -I don't think an RPG should be in the game. We have grenades, the windmill (I think that's the name..), ground-pound, so I don't think it should be there. It would also unbalance things when invading- You could just make the zombie explode.

Snipers- Eh. Maybe. I'd prefer just scopes on guns instead of only iron sights.

PvP- YES. Since I bought the game I've wanted PvP. I think that a good mode would be attack/defense, where one team defends a safehouse (Different maps = Different houses), and one team tries to kill them and destroy/capture the safehouse. I could have so much fun playing this, and I see PvP in Dying Light working very well. Maybe even a mode of just TDM with zombies in the mix? That would be super fun.

Outfit for Side Quests- Yeah. I think there should be more of a reward for big tasks like that. I'd in general just want more outfits!

New Map- Eh, I don't mind the current ones, but I really see this coming in DLC. The Season Pass is there, that's guarenteed DLC. I really, really, really hope Dying Light doesn't turn into an Evolve or an EA game. Devs- Please don't let this happen. :(

Great ideas, man! -Grik

You dont get it guys, Dead Island was, riptide was, and Dying Light is a melee game! Why do you think there is a slow motion when you do a crit or special moves. If you love gun fights you better go an other game. But, well, I understand your tastes, not trying to be rude here. Absolutly no fun to kill zombies with a gun, only one type can counter firearms. with more zombies and tougher ones yes it could be, otherwise I see no fun here just easy trigger pull.

You dont get it guys, Dead Island was, riptide was, and Dying Light is a melee game! Why do you think there is a slow motion when you do a crit or special moves. If you love gun fights you better go an other game. But, well, I understand your tastes, not trying to be rude here. Absolutly no fun to kill zombies with a gun, only one type can counter firearms. with more zombies and tougher ones yes it could be, otherwise I see no fun here just easy trigger pull.

I agree to this.

Maybe Dead Island 2 will be with more firepower. Or play Zombie Army. There you got Snipers, with slo mo on Headshots.

I like shooter too. So I hope Dead Island 2 will be more with shooting. But he is right, saying this is a meele game. Meele Weapons: 200+?! Shooting weapons: 5 or 6? We get a bow soon, thats no classic shooter weapon, all the skills are for meele. No range hit chance/crit chance or faster reloading or kind of that, just all for meele. We do not NEED this guns. You just WANT them. ;)

I kinda agree and disagree for the deadisland statement any time i get on there no 1 uses melee every 1 uses guns ... id way rather shoot a zom with electric buckshot and watch it flopp around\fly away in to the sunset... then hit it with a sword any day.......especily sence there alot of unlimited ammo mods for the guns chupacabra you can even shoot cars and people in the cars to space

Edited by thisguyy

I agreemwith the others , weapons are not very importend for me in the game its a boring to shoot....but a sniper rifle would be nice....but the only thing they must do is : bring a SILENCER its totaly importand for stealth because weapons no one uses so much only for demolisher or so...

I agree that end-game content would be a difficult but exciting thing to create for Dying Light. Another Idea would be in that pvp suggestion is that loot can be increased but don't respawn on the entire map, forcing an end to the game. Maybe survivors can turn into a special infected and take out a whole safe zone to force limited options on the map. The longer you survive the better you chance for a rare blueprint or gun so that we still have to pop police vans and the like for some gold tier weapons. One can dream.

I don't know everyone's feelings on the whole VR thing, but ever since the PSVR was announced, I've been hoping for an update to the game so I can play in VR.  They would probably have to change some things around to keep motion sickness at a minimum, but I think it would be awesome.  Other than that, it doesn't really matter what's in the new DLC (in my opinion, anyway).

So I have a few ideas for dying light, firstly it would be amazing to have a place specificly made to be 'your' home base. One that starts from almost nothing and can be upgraded using supplies for other things. Possibly add more supplies specifically for building up your base. Things like defenses could be available, although quite expensive. Possibly you also have the ability to be raided by a enemies, like a gang of raises guys (soldiers or desperate survivors maybe too) or a horde of zombies. Second It would be more dynamic if there would be hordes that move across the map, and I mean like dozens of biters and some of them can turn like the ones in nests. There may even be other special types like goons, or spiters. You would be able to spot them by a mini map icon that would be a big red circle sorta like from ghost recon. Now of course there would be a reward in it for anyone brave or dumb enough to get near the center. Which would be possible or hard to do by stealth. Third of all I'd like to see in the following dlc a garage that can be taken over, which could have the ability to be upgraded like said base from number one. It wouldn't be too much of an issue if not, it could just be a safe house. Either way in it you would see bilal, who would be the one that gave the quest. You would be able to build different cars, maybe using your buggy as a frame or just from scratch. It would be expensive, there would be new materials that could be collected, and there would be car parts that you could build or find. I hope you like my idea, and I pray that techland sees this! 

1.-los snipers(francotiradores)estarían de maravilla ya que la ballesta pierde el daño y no es muy precisa ya que desde un principio hubieran metido ese tipo de armas

2.-algo que seria mejor que agregaran seria que krein osea nuestro personaje pudiera bloquear y contratacar cuando nos arrojen armas poderlas bloquear y que cuando nos ataquen poder contraatacar(ejecuciones) 

1 minute ago, Apex Predator said:

1.-los francotiradores (los francotiradores) están de maravilla ya que la ballesta pierde el daño y no es muy preciso ya que desde un principio hubieran metido ese tipo de armas

2.-algo que es mejor que agreguen es que nuestro personaje pudiera bloquear y contratar cuando nos lanzan armas poder bloquear y que cuando nos ataquen poder contraatacar (ejecuciones) 

I thought of something else I'd like to see in game other than VR.  Silenced firearms.  Not necessarily rifles or anything, but at least a silenced pistol of some kind.

I have a idea for a new DL game/DLC. A new map. But more like a extension to slums or old town. Which is the wall gets knocked down by bitters.And infects a new area. It could have military monotoring stations and a it should be available by a story quest after killing rias.And it should have alot of zombies.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         It could be a new game set after the following either endings. (Ending nuke. It could just be the countryside that was blown up? )(Ending nighthunter. Nothing major happened really.)                   we could follow the story of a new character. GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK 

Another idea for a new game is we start when the outbreak began as brecken/jade and follow theyre steps until they found the tower. And we could see the development of RAIS maybe ?                          GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK 

Here is some of my ideas and I'm wishing to make the game balanced as well if possible. Next Content Drop 3: "Silent but Deadly", Silencers included. How silencers work and to get them, ok so silencers in different game types like Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid etc. have a bar that will tell us when it will be depleted and not be reused but a buyable item to get.

2nd Idea: General outfits have passive permanent skills, I don't want outfits to be use for style and not be really usable.

Athlete: +15 movement speed,
Bully: +20-25 unarmed melee damage (Legend Rank Damage Varied),
Dirty and Fresh Clothes: Default No Skill,
Headhunter: Headshot critical chance increased by 50% (Legend Rank Damage on firearms varied),
Juggernaut: Defense Resistance Increased by +30,
Punk: Melee Weapon Damage Increased by +25-30 (Legend Rank Damage on melee weapons for one-hand and two-handed varied),
Runner: Parkour Speed Multiplier Doubled,
Scout: Firearm Accuracy increased by +10-15 (If sniper dlc was included),
Survivor: Health Increased by +50,
Master Scavenger: Luck of looting items, money and increases lockpicking opening chances, 
Ninja: Silent Footsteps on Human enemies (Don't know if zombies can hear but be very easy to kill on takedown skills in night and day time, camouflage increase on night time),
Special Agent: Firearm Damage Increased by +15-20 (Legend Rank Damage on firearms varied)
Urban Explorer: Increases Survivor Sense Range for lootable items,
Skins from "The Following" are cosmetic use same for the character outfits,
Dragon Ninja: All Melee Damage Increased by +50,
Quarantine Demon: Melee critical chance on varied zombie types increased by 30%,
Perfect Gentleman: All Firearms have doubled firepower,
Golden Boy: Looting money from corpses increases price,
Tree Hugger: Increases camouflage in grassy areas during day and night.

On 10/12/2017 at 0:20 PM, Zombie slayar 17 said:

Another idea for a new game is we start when the outbreak began as brecken/jade and follow theyre steps until they found the tower. And we could see the development of RAIS maybe ?                          GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK 

That would be a badass quest.

Bring in Murphy from Z Nation lol.

Edited by TF-Danger