Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lamoi

New Hard Mode - What's Changed?

28 posts in this topic

Hey Techland - would be nice to have a list of the changes in Hard mode?

Things I've encountered so far -

1) zombies do a lot more damage

2) Volatiles at night - no longer are visible on your mini-map! (This is great)

3) Med kits - now heal less, I think 50%. And also it takes time to heal, it's not instant, there's a 20 second (roughly) real time counter that slowly increases your health. Which I really like.

4) items in the world seem just as plentiful???

5) Vendors don't sell ammo! Now this annoyed me. In some respect I think OK, that's realistic. But at the same time, this IS a game, and what Guns do is add variety to what would otherwise be an almost exclusive Melee only combat! I'm not sure whether I like that.... Where do I find ammo Techland?!! Presumibly Polce vans?

6) making loud noise during the day don't seem to attract more Virals than normal. Only now because they can do more damage they can present more of a genuine threat.

7) now your inventory/ skills menu - is in REAL TIME! This is something I thought about and I'm glad it's included! It's more realistic. Now if you have to craft an item, better find a safe place to do it!!! I like it!

8) torch runs out of juice at night. You have to turn it off and let it recharge. This take as far as I can see, a couple of seconds.

Edited by Lamoi

I just updated Dying Light and noticed the option to play Hard Mode. I will be keeping an eye on this thread or others for updates on he difference. Looking forward to another play through.

How come I've not got an update?

I'm on US version of the game. Is the update only out for EU?

Also does it fix the god damn trophys?

Well it's not out in the UK yet... Taps toe.....

Well it's not out in the UK yet... Taps toe.....

Well I wonder why I haven't got the patch then. I'm not in UK I'm on US version of the game. Digital download if that matters.

Are you guys with patch playing the PC or XBOX version of the game? Can someone confirm the patch is out on Steam? I was checking about 3-4 hours ago, but my game didnt update yet.

Are you guys with patch playing the PC or XBOX version of the game? Can someone confirm the patch is out on Steam? I was checking about 3-4 hours ago, but my game didnt update yet.

Xbox here. There was a video from the developer thanking us for making the game succesful.

No patch either on PS4 (EU, Sweden). 

Sounds great the differences you've encountered, I only hope that it will be less loot and less safehouses. 

Would also like to know what the new weapons are. But what do you mean by new skins? Like the ninja outfit etc? 

Aside from the DLC ones I believe there have been additionals for those who have completed it. (might be wrong)

Can confirm that it looks like a ton of new weapons...

You are presented with a video at the beginning after loading the patch like the above said, thanking you for making Dying light successful. In that video, I saw something that looked like a big pineapple on a stick, a different kind if axe and...... BOW AND ARROW !!!!!

DLC skins are ok but nothing amazing basically around 10 of the same skin with slight variations... The bulk of which are the country themed skins, UK, POLAND, GERMANY etc... So looks like a bunch of different T - Shirts, face paint. And a couple of generic outfits that are the same skin but different design. Nothing to wet your pants about. But it's free, so... Better than nothing.

Except we still have over powered weapons

I have a 2200 damage sword with angel farts and it took me at least 30-40 hits to kill one of the large chargers in old town. Safe to say the other survivors were long dead....

So hard mode doesnt bring anything new? Other than taking out stuff and raising the zombie hp?

I would call Hard mode a bit like Ranger Mode in the Metro games.

It makes everything a bit more realistic.

Like a previously said,

1) zombies do a lot more damage

2) Volatiles at night - are no longer visible on your mini-map! Nor do any other enemy. Personally don't know they didn't just get rid of the mini map.. It's not used for much now.

3) Med kits - now actually take some time to heal you, it's no longer instant, takes around 20 seconds, and will only restore half your health.

4) items in the world are less plentiful, but only moderately so... It would seem.

5) Vendors don't sell ammo! Now this annoyed me. In some respect I think OK, that's realistic. But at the same time, this IS a game, and what Guns do is add variety to what would otherwise be an almost exclusive Melee only combat! I'm not sure whether I like that.... Where do I find ammo Techland?!! Presumibly Police vans?

6) making loud noise during the day don't seem to attract more Virals than normal. Only now because they can do more damage they can present more of a genuine threat.

7) now your inventory/ skills menu - is in REAL TIME! This is something I thought about and I'm glad it's included! It's more realistic. Now if you have to craft an item, better find a safe place to do it!!! I like it!

8) torch runs out of juice at night. You have to turn it off and let it recharge. This takes as far as I can see, a couple of seconds.

9) Much greater weapon variety at higher levels! Baseball bats are back!

10) survivor sense has been reduced to sense Volatiles and mission objectives, you can no longer sense item locations.

Edited by Lamoi

I have a 2200 damage sword with angel farts and it took me at least 30-40 hits to kill one of the large chargers in old town. Safe to say the other survivors were long dead....

That's kinda of wierd I'm not trying to call you out for this but it only takes about 7 for me

One thing i would love to see .. if they remove the players ability to see Volatiles after using Survivors Sense .. that would be great! Because as of right now, i find it too easy to evade them. But when i stop using Q button and rely purely on my ears, and flashlight, it starts to be sometimes very terrifying experience. Volatile can surprise you walking straight around the corner near you and this is priceless. With the survivor sense, the night is still manageable.