Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michał Napora

Hellraid - Frequently Asked Questions

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

Here is an FAQ relating to Hellraid. 

These are some of the most frequently asked questions that we have coming from our fans, all in one place, with the answers.

We will be updating this list as time goes on. 

When is Hellraid Early Access coming out?

The Early Access version is coming out Fall 2014

What will be available in Early Access?
Early Access Launch Version will have fragments of gameplay for each game mode and will allow co-op on day one. Further content will be provided with updates.

Dead Island had a rocky launch. Will Hellraid be like that?
One of the goal of Early Access is to eliminate any bugs that could slip into the final version. But we don't only rely on the community here. Techland as a company has grown a lot since the days of Dead Island, we now have a lot more resources and manpower to devote to quality assurance. 

You told us about the exploration aspect of the game. Is Hellraid going to be open world?
Hellraid is a level-based game, it won't be open-world.

Will there be an option of a 3rd person view like in Skyrim?
Hellraid is FPP only.

What is so unique about your combat system? There's a lot of talk about how amazing and immersive the combat is.
That immersive, brutal combat is one of our design goals. We put a lot of effort into researching real sword fighting and translating that into fast, brutal gameplay. We combine just the right amount of realism with the needs of tactical, fast and meaty gameplay. Add dynamic quick slots, combine with magic, interactive environment, special abilities and co-op, and you get something that is really amazing. 

Will there be dual-wielding in the game (two weapons at the same time)?
Currently, there are no plans for dual-wielding in Hellraid. We are really happy with our quick-slot system, which allows for very efficient weapon/spell swapping, which should alleviate the need for dual-wield.

Tell us more about the skill system and levels. How will the skills affect gameplay? You haven't shown us anything about skills and levelling so far.
Hellraid features a class-free skill tree. The tree has three main branches, representing Might, Magic and Agility skills. Those branches are intertwining, allowing for a truly customizable demon slayer. We don't want to force players into any archetypes, while still giving them the ability to become an all-powerful mage or a mighty, steel-clad warrior. It's all up to the player.

What can you tell us about crafting? Will crafting be in game? You told us about enchantment elements during the demo.
So far we have implemented an enchantment system into the game that allows players to improve their weapons and armour through collecting magical gems and reagents specified in an enchantment scroll. It's those scrolls that will determine what you can do with your items. We are always looking for new ways of implementing crafting, and that is something we want our community to help us with.

Tell us something about the story and the main character.
Hellraid Story Mode will follow the last member of an ancient, cursed kin, forced into an uneasy alliance with an old and powerful mage. Together, they will strive to uncover an infernal plot and stop the forces of hell from devouring their world. We don't want to spoil the story too much, so you will have to wait for the final version of the game.

Will I be able to create my own character? What customization options will I have? Is there a female character?
Players will be able to customize their character during character creation, and later through equipped items. We will reveal more specific information on customization in the future. Player character will most likely be gender-locked, because of story elements. 

What can you tell us about co-op mechanics?
A lot of co-op balancing is a work in progress. So far we have two main factors – the individual strength of enemies and their numbers. Those change according to the number of players, and serve as basic data for difficulty level calculations.

Is the game going to be different in terms of gameplay / difficulty etc. when played cooperatively, in comparison to single player?
We believe any game is better when played with friends, so the co-op experience will most likely be very different from single-player.

From what I've seen of this game it looks like it will be skyrim and dark souls mixed but better! All the games you make are Awesome, keep up the good work!

yeah but the game mechanics and bahaving is different.Combat is alot different.In skyrim you hit an enemy he makes a sound and caches his chest,while in hellraid (as i saw in the gameplays) the enemy leans in the way .

It would be cool if you can leave marks like ripping clothes and stuff :D

Will I be able to create my own character? What customization options will I have? Is there a female character?

Players will be able to customize their character during character creation, and later through equipped items. We will reveal more specific information on customization in the future. Player character will most likely be gender-locked, because of story elements. 

The gender-locked comment confuses me a bit. Does that mean you will lock heroes from the start as male? Or, does that mean you can make a male or female, but cannot change once you do?

I do hope you allow female characters, that is a big selling point for me with a RPG styled game like this. Well for any game really, just more so with this genre. 

My reason being I am a female, and I would like to play one. So please don't leave us ladies out.  ;)

The gender-locked comment confuses me a bit. Does that mean you will lock heroes from the start as male? Or, does that mean you can make a male or female, but cannot change once you do?

I do hope you allow female characters, that is a big selling point for me with a RPG styled game like this. Well for any game really, just more so with this genre. 

My reason being I am a female, and I would like to play one. So please don't leave us ladies out.  ;)

Sorry for the confusion - gender lock means the player character is male. That is mostly because of strong ties between the protagonist and the story. However, there is a large amount of requests for a playable female character from our community, so we might reconsider that for a post-launch update. However, for the Early Access and most likely for the final release, only a male character will be available.

Sorry for the confusion - gender lock means the player character is male. That is mostly because of strong ties between the protagonist and the story. However, there is a large amount of requests for a playable female character from our community, so we might reconsider that for a post-launch update. However, for the Early Access and most likely for the final release, only a male character will be available.

Thanks for the response. 

I do hope you add one eventually. I know it is difficult because you have to redo all the weapons, armor, etc... to be compatible with a female character.

So I understand not doing one initially, but hopefully after:D

I'm confused ;

1. Gender lock on MAIN story I understand but do not like. I will most likely skip this in the game if I buy it.

2. Co-op MISSIONS should NOT be locked by gender or race.

3. Co-op ARENA should NOT be locked by gender or race.

I HOPE locking across the board is not planed, my dreams are to play MISSIONS and ARENA as a dark skin female. :)

P.S. The game looks good so far. :rolleyes:

I'm confused ;

1. Gender lock on MAIN story I understand but do not like. I will most likely skip this in the game if I buy it.

2. Co-op MISSIONS should NOT be locked by gender or race.

3. Co-op ARENA should NOT be locked by gender or race.

I HOPE locking across the board is not planed, my dreams are to play MISSIONS and ARENA as a dark skin female. :)

P.S. The game looks good so far. :rolleyes:

Just asking are you a SJW?.

Hello, I am Brazilian, and my question is about the language of the game. I've seen through Steam, which Dying Light will come with several included languages, including voiceovers, Now Brazilian Portuguese. In Hellraid happen the same ?!

"From what I've seen of this game it looks like it will be skyrim and dark souls mixed but better!" - I'm sorry, what? Yes, it does reminds Skyrim a bit, but only because of it's medieval elements, Hellraid certainly feels darker, which I like. And for Christ sake, Dark Souls? Better than DS? What are we compering here, exactly? DS was a unique grim challenge, with fantastic art of everything, solid combat system and very serious approach to balance. The gameplay suited the atmosphere and enhanced the story, while the story echoed in gameplay. 
What is the point here, when your saying that Hellraid "looks better than the mixture of Skyrim and Dark Souls"? Because, from what I see, you need to do something truly amazing and unique for that to be the case, and I don't see Hellraid doing a lot with that.
I'm waiting for this game - yeah. I was very fond of Dead Island combat system - very enjoyable, but I found it to be little limited, and that was fixed in Dying Light. So the opportunity of playing with same combat system, but even more expanded(at least I truly hope it will be expanded) and in dark fantasy world - yeah, I'm definitely digging that.

Edited by DoctorErn

Hey after the new doc came out it was supposed to bring bounty and nightmare diffucalty and I didn't by the dlc and I still get bounty missions and every thing so I'm wondering if I got the dlc because I bought the pre ordered edition so do I get the dlc automatcly