Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjkoehler35

Mod Compatibity With Other Users?

8 posts in this topic

I have two computers running side by side. Each has its own copy of dying light 1.4 version. I am running this ultimate ninja and booster mod 1.2.6 (1.4 compatible)  on both games. The game is saying can't join because the other user has different files from me. I have tried copying and pasting the whole dirfectory in my network so that the folders\files are the EXACT same. I've also tried restarting the whole process by validating my game files "checking the integrity" on both. Then reinstalling the mods on both computers. Still ^different modded files

I can only get the mods to work via "Dying light manager" after clicking launch on it. I doubt that the actual game patch 1.4 and dying light relies on some guys mod.

How do I properly mod my game so that I can play CO Op with another person using the exact same mods?

Don't use DLM. If you need to tweak graphical settings, decide on common settings, run DLM once, and adjust the settings. Then go to your Steam\Steamapps\common\Dying Light\DW folder, and send the other PC the Data3.pak. Don't start the game via DLM. It repacks the Data3.pak each time you launch from it, and causes issues because of that.

In short: Use the same Data3.pak, avoid DLM.

I tried the data3.pak method and it works for me however when I send my friend the exact data3.pak file it is still saying we are incompatible. I've tried verifying the games integrity and restarting the process. It just wont work I am not sure what I'm doing wrong

I tried the data3.pak method and it works for me however when I send my friend the exact data3.pak file it is still saying we are incompatible. I've tried verifying the games integrity and restarting the process. It just wont work I am not sure what I'm doing wrong

Hi there, I've found that if you have ever used DLM to play the game, it creates files in %userprofile%/documents/dyinglight/out/.

Then, each time you run the game it copies content from /out/data/ and repacks your data3.pak.

One thing to try would be to delete the /out/ directory on both computers (backup if you have concerns) and then attempt sharing the pak3.pak after launching the game once.

I hope that helps

-Shockr

I am also having the same issue. I have created the mod, then started the game. Went out, copied the pak3 and sent it to the other computer.  then i restarted the game without the dl manager and I am still getting the incompatible game error. Would it work better through LAN? I am trying to connect via invite through steam.

Edited by centurionbc

I am also having the same issue. I have created the mod, then started the game. Went out, copied the pak3 and sent it to the other computer.  then i restarted the game without the dl manager and I am still getting the incompatible game error. Would it work better through LAN? I am trying to connect via invite through steam.

From what I'm aware, a private game will allow modified files. I've heard someone mention that you need to be in the game, not in the menu when the invite goes through.. but I haven't tested that myself.

To be honest, I find that DLM has caused more problems for people than good.

Depending on the outcome of the mod-tools from Techland.. I may just write a mod-manager to avoid all this trouble people are having.

I had some success locally. It appears that if you modify the pak 3 and then replace the original with the one modified in the dying light/dw folder; you will have the game sucessfully modded. Then you make sure to copy that exact file to the others computer and put it in the same place. Then you must use LAN in order to connect to the others game. This way it will go through without the error message of compatibility popping up. Make sure you are both in seperate games, then the one who wants to join the others game searches for LAN games via matchmaking. Make sure you are on LAN and not online. For some reason steam invitation has issues. It only works locally but I hope this solves a few problems for some people.