Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michał Napora

Dear Hellraid Fans

26 posts in this topic

Dear Hellraid fans,

Over the past few weeks we stayed rather quiet about our game. But we had a good reason for it: the scope of Hellraid is expanding rapidly. Thanks to the positive feedback Hellraid has received, it's now possible for us to put much more resources into the game and aim higher than ever before.

Our team has already tripled its initial size and is now comparable to the team behind Dying Light. It lets us create a much richer top-tier game, which will be Techland's next major release after Dying Light. Everything you think you know about Hellraid will be bigger, better, and more… beautiful.

However, the changes brought about by the expansion of the project called for more bold decisions, one of them being a cancellation of the Early Access launch. As new possibilities opened up, we had to re-evaluate the plan to release an early version of the game and decided against it. We feel that Early Access is no longer suitable for a game of Hellraid's scope and could misrepresent our product.

We know that many of you wanted to raid hell as soon as possible so our decision might not be what you expected. However, we believe we can exceed your expectations and our game will be well worth the wait.

With the expansion of our project already underway, we're now beginning preparations to unveil Hellraid in the form we always wanted it to take. We'll have more exciting news for you early next year. Stay tuned!

Hellraid Dev Team

This is excellent news. I've said it before, I'm all for the game being delayed to get a far better, finished product. Now Hellraid will be even better. Even though I have to I can't wait! :lol:

..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO         *Puts gun against head*

Is there any chance you can release a demo to keep us waiting? The demo you played in the: New Incarnation Of Hellraid Gameplay With Commentary

We feel that Early Access is no longer suitable for a game of Hellraid's scope and could misrepresent our product.

Could you please expand on this?

You were already talking with the community about some of your design decisions and used only the input which you thought would be both consistent and the right way to represent your vision of the game, which is perfectly fine imho. How would Early Access change this? What are the apprehensions that leaded you away from the concept?

Michal & Techland,

This is very good and exciting news.  B) I was excited for this game, but now it's on a whole new level. I know Dying Light can occupy all my game time, and will certainly keep me busy until Hellraid is released (I'll be playing Dying Light for years, just like I'll be playing Dead Island: Riptide later today ;) ). So, I can be patient while I'm having fun. And, I 100% support your removal of early access. I won't go into why I don't support early access because I don't want to spur a debate. Besides, you guys already know what you are doing. 

Any and all extra resources you want to put in the game are very welcome. Let's add a village for players to reside and trade in, female characters, and so much more.  :wub:

Techland's future is so bright, they gotta wear shades.  B)

Perfect news. Not only the game will be better, but i seriously hate the early access / alpha / beta mania that started in game industry. It completely ruins the games in some ways. Most games these days that use early access stays in that state for so long, that the game is either never fully released or is forgotten by the time it releases. Most people cannot restrain themselves and they play the early access version of the games, which completely ruins the experience a player would have if he played the game for the first time in complete version. Sure, nobody is forcing you to do it, but as i said above, msot people cannot resist and those who can may not even see the release of the game.

If i could i would gladly welcome back the times, where games would be released as finished products. I am soooo glad that Hellraid will not have early access! Thank you guys.

Edited by Molda22

Happy and sad at the same time. 

Sad because we can't play early, 

But super happy you all have being so well. :) 
It makes me even more excited now, I cannot wait to hear more. 

*edit*

I brought it up a few months back, but now that you are no longer doing an Early Access release. What is the odds of some sort of pre-order going up? I know before you said you didn't want to because it was going to be Early Access. 

Edited by Jenilya

Take your time guys, Hellraid will sell like warm buns if it's done right. Immersive, replayable first person hack and slash dungeon raider style? With skill points, tons of loot, specializations, hardcore mode and all? Damn! You guys are holding a gold mine right there. But plzzzzz just don't rush it.

God I hope. I've been waiting for a good game for years.

You and me brother!

Take your time guys, Hellraid will sell like warm buns if it's done right. Immersive, replayable first person hack and slash dungeon raider style? With skill points, tons of loot, specializations, hardcore mode and all? Damn! You guys are holding a gold mine right there. But plzzzzz just don't rush it.

They are they said they have gotten a bigger team etc because of it.

Please make this game happen! I don't know how, but I just discovered it today (yeah I must be blind or they did not divulgate correctly) and I'm really looking forward to buy it and bring three more friends with me. Give this game proper merchandise when you guys feel it's time to hype it. I'm sure a lot of dark fantasy fans will get excited.

And please make it better then bethesda softworks games. Don't get me wrong i love the elder scrolls games and fallout games. But they can get really lazy makeing there games.

You all have been dark for a while, do you have any news for us? I only peak in time to time now because it tends to be quiet.  :unsure:

March april or may is when i think they will have news.

March april or may is when i think they will have news.

Because of GDC? I imagine they will be there, so perhaps you are right. 

Dear Hellraid Developers,

In the last few months you have stayed rather quiet about Hellraid. I'm sure you have a good reason for it: you're hopefully still working on the game. Since many of us have asked for an update on the game through the forums, we thought it would be great if you could go out of your way and type something.

The fan base is still here, even after playing Dying Light. We certainly hope you put your energy into this game and follow through with Hellraid being Techland's next major release. Everything we know about Hellraid is at least four months old, and we want.... more.

However, we console players are glad that Hellraid will be on next-gen and some of us aren't happy about the Early Access cancellation. We understand the reasons for deciding against releasing and early version of the game. Since Early Access was cancelled, can you show us a gameplay video, or screen shot, or a blog post that can correctly represent your product?

Of course we all want to raid hell as soon as possible, and make our own custom demon slayer. We certainly hope the game will be great, but we have nothing to believe the game is still under way. 

Since Hellraid is being expanded, we would like to finally see the unveiling of Hellraid in its new form. It is now March 2015, and we want that exciting news. And so we wait.

Hellraid Fan Base

Edited by Moker T

Dear Hellraid Developers,

In the last few months you have stayed rather quiet about Hellraid. I'm sure you have a good reason for it: you're hopefully still working on the game. Since many of us have asked for an update on the game through the forums, we thought it would be great if you could go out of your way and type something.

The fan base is still here, even after playing Dying Light. We certainly hope you put your energy into this game and follow through with Hellraid being Techland's next major release. Everything we know about Hellraid is at least four months old, and we want.... more.

However, we console players are glad that Hellraid will be on next-gen and some of us aren't happy about the Early Access cancellation. We understand the reasons for deciding against releasing and early version of the game. Since Early Access was cancelled, can you show us a gameplay video, or screen shot, or a blog post that can correctly represent your product?

Of course we all want to raid hell as soon as possible, and make our own custom demon slayer. We certainly hope the game will be great, but we have nothing to believe the game is still under way. 

Since Hellraid is being expanded, we would like to finally see the unveiling of Hellraid in its new form. It is now March 2015, and we want that exciting news. And so we wait.

Hellraid Fan Base

Well said.

I just hope the combat and game-play match the graphical intensity of this game.

The themes looks great as do enemies and environments.

Hopefully the larger team doesn't dissuade more rogue-like or unique aspects from being added.

The worst fate of this game would be skyrim combat, generic fantasy, and amazing graphics. 

Hopefully the game designers focus on the game and not the beauty pageant aspect of it.