gespenst

This Game Is Too Hard!

30 posts in this topic

Okay, the game is nice, I love it so far. Been playing for 4 days. But it's damn too hard.

First several missions were easy and okay. Then I started chupacabra dying. Every chupacabra noise I make brings vultures that kill me in no time. I try to kill big guy with a rebar, he is killable, but he crashes everything all the time including all the barrels and firefighters with some gas on their back, everything blows up, vultures come and kill me. All the chupacabra time.

As of now I can't chupacabra complete any chupacabra quest without chupacabra dying like ten times.

There was a side quest where I was supposed to test a uber weapon, electric superknife. When I was given this quest I was informed that it is easy to kill 40 zombies. chupacabra 'easy'. So I did around 100 attempts before I passed. Something is definitely wrong, or with me, or with the game.

I play on xbox one and of course controller sucks compared to mouse+keyboard. Maybe it's because of lame controller I can't proceed without dying.

I'm not totally stupid, I learned some tricks like dodging, double leg kicking but it doesn't help much against vultures. It's just too hard to play!

I even suggested that I picked skills wrong and missed some side quests therefore missing some experience points that I'm to have in order to survive. Nope. I chupacabra die. All the time. And my survival points got lost. All the time.

Please advise on how to proceed.

It's not the controller

You just need to be constantly aware of what's around you and where you can run too to save yourself when you start getting rushed.

I find that the game seems to be more about strategic and situational combat rather than just walking in and slaying everything.

Edited by tre288

think for a second , virals are so easy , when you make noise all you have to do is jump on a higher surface , like a stone wall or a roof , keep a eye on ur mini map , to track them . use the stomp as they climb the ledge or smack  them down and they will use the same path to climb up again , rince and repeat .

easy

Sounds like you are new to Techland games. Don't fit more than 2 zombies at a time. It's pointless at low levels. Run if need be, no need to think it's cowardly either, it's a smart tactic. But on the plus side of things, if you need or want someone to play with, i can play with you and help you out. My gamertag is CMx Kukri. I will play and help anyone.

think for a second , virals are so easy , when you make noise all you have to do is jump on a higher surface , like a stone wall or a roof , keep a eye on ur mini map , to track them . use the stomp as they climb the ledge or smack  them down and they will use the same path to climb up again , rince and repeat .

easy

Yep. For an hour of real time before you kill it with kicks.

It's not the controller

You just need to be constantly aware of what's around you and where you can run too to save yourself when you start getting rushed.

I find that the game seems to be more about strategic and situational combat rather than just walking in and slaying everything.

All right, you seem to know how to solve my problems. I have main quest figuring out what happened to Rais' patrol. They get shot by a guy who sits on a fenced roof and shoots everything around him. I'm supposed to find envelop there. But I can't cause he kills me approaching the area, plus, after shooting there are vultures. I died like 50 times and still can't find this envelop. Ideas?

It's not to hard at all, you are just trying to take on to much to early.

If a mission is to hard for you, just go off and do other things/quests until you level up.

As someone else said, it's pointless trying to take on to many zombies at low level, you just get swamped. Look for zombies on there own or in pairs.

I'm fully leveled up on playthrough 2, tbh I'm way over powered now. I can literally slice 4 zombies in half with one swing of my sword. Keep grinding and it won't be long until you can walk into a street of 30 zombies and massacre them in seconds.

In this game, defense is your best offense. 

So.. Agility > Power. 

The more you familiarize yourself with the game's parkour elements, the better of a player you'll be at this game. Combat is a big focus in this game, but moving is an even bigger part of the game. 

You'll find that a lot of agility skills assist in combat as well, so with that said, learn to grapple. A LOT. 

Learn to run from fights and learn to bite off what you think you can chew and spit out whatever you can't as soon as possible. 

And be sure to familiarize yourself with crafting and blueprints. Buy weapons from shops, save up for legendary weapons. 

Edited by Wolfman

that quest with rais men an the guy shooting at you. wot i did was run across the roof of the petrol station, run run run as fast as you can, try to dodge his shots an jump over behind him an chop him up or shoot him. i think i lobbed a few molotovs over into roof top an that killed him. 

took me a few attempts to figure it out. but there is one guy right next to the building the guy shooting you is on. you could probably run right up to the edge an search rais men an get the envelope before you get killed as he cant shoot you right down by the front of the building where the envelope is as your out of his line of sight.

the game is not that hard. i found it pretty easy. but ive played dead island so kinda new that the start would be hard an its best to run. once i got to evel 8-10 on each skill i found i was easily able to take on most zombies i only die to large crowds now if i get over run an cant escape. dont forget you can unlock skills that let you throw weapons an can make throwing stars an stuff.

If you wait a while as someone said above and go up a couple of levels you'll find it easier. Also that guy with the gun can be brought down quite easily by attacking from the Tower side which is basically attacking from above. If you can jump and dodge with a bit of luck you can take him right out and get yourself a machine gun (which aren't that great anyway due to noise ect but really handy at certain points during the story). Try and hang on to it even if you don't use it.

I'm going to come across as a complete chupacabra here and say I've found the game far too easy. It sounds like you haven't played enough similar games with first person hack/slash eg. Elderscrolls. The combat is simple if you remember to keep all enemies at the end of your weapon range and not let them get into a range where they can grapple you, if they are moving forwards you should be moving backwards. If you want to hit one of them, move forwards whilst doing the swing and then move back again afterwards. Your weapon swing is much faster than a biters pounce.

Some of those challenges are a little tough, i'll give you that. Might even take 10+ tries, but they are all achievable. 

The main mission is incredibly easy if you remember all humans are very easy to set on fire. Very very easy to set on fire. 

Hope the above helps. 

You are about the only person I've heard say the game is too hard.

Most think it's way to easy, so your tactics are wrong.

Basically to be on that mission, after only 4 nights, suggests you are not taking side quests as they turn up. Do every side quest and loot everything.

As well as side quests watch for random encounters, which often reward you with weapon upgrades. Side quests give weapon modifications as rewards.

Conbined these can double the weapons stats.

Don't bother with more than your four weapon slots. New more powerful ones will be available before you need them. Buy better ones when you can.

Finally, use the drugs for a boost and only fight when you have to. You are a runner, not a killer. Running is always the best option, when you can.

Come on Techland, ya' beautiful chupacabras, I want my hud removed! 

It's bad enough that on NG+ I refuse to unlock any safezones. What was this about *increased difficultly*? I must not have paid attention. 

Edited by Wolfman

First time also that I read "too hard" about this game.

The thing is "run is better than fight" especially at the beginning of the game, if you can't beat it then you must flee it. 

And in fact, this game tends to be easier and easier with each new skill and high-end weapons.

I hope for a configurable hardcore mode, either in NG+ or in a future mod or patch.

First ever "This game is to hard " thread. Love it

A man after my own heart.

Just do some side quests and level up youll be fine, in less than a week you will be posting threads titled "this game is too easy"

Everybody else is ! lol

Okay, the game is nice, I love it so far. Been playing for 4 days. But it's damn too hard.

First several missions were easy and okay. Then I started chupacabra dying. Every chupacabra noise I make brings vultures that kill me in no time. I try to kill big guy with a rebar, he is killable, but he crashes everything all the time including all the barrels and firefighters with some gas on their back, everything blows up, vultures come and kill me. All the chupacabra time.

As of now I can't chupacabra complete any chupacabra quest without chupacabra dying like ten times.

There was a side quest where I was supposed to test a uber weapon, electric superknife. When I was given this quest I was informed that it is easy to kill 40 zombies. chupacabra 'easy'. So I did around 100 attempts before I passed. Something is definitely wrong, or with me, or with the game.

Like others have said,don't try and take on too many enemies if your rank is low.

Try to avoid groups(if your abilities or weapons aren't up to scratch or not strong enough) whenever possible.

Learning how to control your character first(running,jumping,parkour etc) is more important than starting any mission.

I play on xbox one and of course controller sucks compared to mouse+keyboard. Maybe it's because of lame controller I can't proceed without dying.

I'm not totally stupid, I learned some tricks like dodging, double leg kicking but it doesn't help much against vultures. It's just too hard to play!

I even suggested that I picked skills wrong and missed some side quests therefore missing some experience points that I'm to have in order to survive. Nope. I chupacabra die. All the time. And my survival points got lost. All the time.

Please advise on how to proceed.

A good tradesman never blames his tools,and so a gamer should never blame his controller.

I really think you should keep honing your character(Kyle Cranes') skills before taking on anymore missions as I it'll make your gameplay much more enjoyable.

For me,the game is not hard at all,perhaps even a little on the easy side.

Whoever you are that posted this topic, I luv U. lol :lol:

I just spent hours running around the city scavenging & slaying biters before even attempting to set off the night time cycle w/ Spike's traps mission. So far I'm at levels 3 & 4 on the skill trees.

I keep seeing all kinds of 'please make this game harder' comments and it makes me cringe - as a moderate gamer, that's the last thing I want to see Techland do.

I watched some nitetime gameplay vids & this looks impossible - naturally I'm scared poopless lol

This game really does need difficulty level options to choose from. I'm going to take all the advice I read here and thank everyone for posting their  tips & help!

Edited by Prodigerl

Yeah, to keep you informed about my progress...

So the key, I believe, was not to take hard and medium difficulty quests and try to accomplish them. Instead do parkour basics and tune up parkour & dodge skills in various 'challenge' type quests to feel comfortable and fast enough.

As of now I learned some cool new skills, such as deadly stomps on those who climb while standing on the roof -- this solves fast climbing zombies problem 100%.

I also bought a nice axe, with two hits I can slice any of those fast zombies. Made life MUCH easier, before I died like 10 times trying to accomplish some subtask of some quest, now I don't die that often

I'm glad that was most of the problem - just taking on more than you were leveled up & skilled for.  This thread had me really worried about how much I might die.  Going to be playing this morning & start the day/nite cycles.  

My first few nights out I'll be hanging real closeby safe zones.  O.O

Yep. For an hour of real time before you kill it with kicks.

All right, you seem to know how to solve my problems. I have main quest figuring out what happened to Rais' patrol. They get shot by a guy who sits on a fenced roof and shoots everything around him. I'm supposed to find envelop there. But I can't cause he kills me approaching the area, plus, after shooting there are vultures. I died like 50 times and still can't find this envelop. Ideas?

To the right of the building he is on is a cliff. Go up there and just rain molotov's down on top of him. He'll be dead in seconds.

Then you can go down and search the dead bodies for the envelope, and you'll also unlock a new safe zone in the building he was hiding on top of.

Edited by shadow_walkerOZ

i have never rage quit a game this many times. i'm not sure why I keep coming back.

i think it's cause I don't understand the upgrades and durability, I have upgrades and some oranges but I'm afraid to use them cause at this point it seems like they are hard to get. 

is my paranoia unfounded? 

Yeah, to keep you informed about my progress...

So the key, I believe, was not to take hard and medium difficulty quests and try to accomplish them. Instead do parkour basics and tune up parkour & dodge skills in various 'challenge' type quests to feel comfortable and fast enough.

As of now I learned some cool new skills, such as deadly stomps on those who climb while standing on the roof -- this solves fast climbing zombies problem 100%.

I also bought a nice axe, with two hits I can slice any of those fast zombies. Made life MUCH easier, before I died like 10 times trying to accomplish some subtask of some quest, now I don't die that often

Yeah,you got it man!

That's pretty much what I did from the get go was just roaming,jumping(building to building), and parkour for a good hour or two just to familiarise myself with the basics.

Before you know it,these movements will become second nature to you.

i have never rage quit a game this many times. i'm not sure why I keep coming back.

i think it's cause I don't understand the upgrades and durability, I have upgrades and some oranges but I'm afraid to use them cause at this point it seems like they are hard to get.

Don't be afraid to use a particular weapon as you'll get better and stronger ones as you progress.

I had to delete a lot of my unused weapons when I found better ones.

Still having trouble with that guy?

Molatov from the cliff is the easiest option, as said a few posts back.

When outgunned like that I just keep moving fast until I can melee the shooter, healing in cover if required.

Your nemesis has another approach path as well as the cliff.

Getting onto the roof of the petrol pumps gives you a door slope jump point to get on his roof.

I actually found another way up from the left hand fence if I remember it correctly.

So run and swing is the general tactic if ranged isn't working.

Multiple enemies need divide and conquer methods.

The construction site quest is about 10 times harder than your nemesis, simply because it's about 10 guys with automatic rifles, just mindless run and swing won't hack it. You can melee them all using cover to take them separately.

In general if you keep dying change the tactics, approach path or come back later.

Edited by Uhuru N'Uru

I hate when that happens.

I'm a firm believer in using some glitch benefits to help - they have a glitch weapon dupe where you can reproduce your weapon repeatedly (unless you've downloaded their patch).  I do that so  I can use better weapons without sweating as much. 

Since this is a survival game I don't complain about that as much bcuz I guess it's a more realistic design for the game.

I don't know how you feel about duping weapons but if you're rage quitting, it may be an option you mite want to consider to save yourself the anxiety & actually enjoy some of the game.  Not everybody is a hardcore player like myself.

& did you try to get any of the EasterEgg weapons?  They might be more powerful than what you have now?  I got the EXPcalibur right out of the Tower at the beginning & I'll be using that.  You can check out Youtube vids to find them.

last night I took things a lot slower and figured out the melee attacks and making sure I ran like a sissy to safe zones before dark. leveling up my skills to the second level helped out a lot.

i have to admit, those runs to safe zones were some of the most intense feelings I've had playing a game. 

basically, it's a tough learning curve figuring out what you can "get away" with. like the first play through a Metal Gear game.