Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wonderwizzard

Hunter Is Way Too Overpowered :(

48 posts in this topic

hello techland and forummembers, first of all, congratulations on dying light, its an amazing game with endless fun.

but i have one concern about the multiplayer, im losing fun playing the zombie invasion mode. I think the hunter, once he is leveled up, is extremely overpowered, especially after the latest patch.

My points:

1.Even after i UV blocked the hunter, he: A) is still able to flee right away and fly around the map until he is fully charged again. B) he puts his block on, and start to charge me and groundslam me until i die. i tried to closecombt fight him, but its nearly impossible when he charge you with his block on and at the same time spam you with its spits :(

2. The zombie horde, also very unfair, you have to climb up a building, but if you do, meanwhile you climb, the hunter obviously catch you :/ The horde shouldnt explode right away, they should be normal zombies.

3.The hunter is constantly using "wallhack" always knows exactly where the survivor is, meanwhile the survivor only see the position on the minimap. Kinda unfair, the hunter is able to hide behind walls and houses without us survivors knowing exactly where he is. Yes we see him on the minimap if we use sense, but we cant see him through walls like he can.

4.Once the hunter is fully leveled up, he is able to spitspam you :/ this is the worst, first im using my uv (which drains very quickly) then i have to use my flares, and the hunter spit me once and the flares also goes off? why is that? arent the flares supposed to protect me? how can he spit them off? Obviously he attacks me right away when my uv light and flares are off, i stand no chance.

it goes behind my mind how there are still people telling, the hunter must be getting stronger with next update. Please techland take a look at the statistics, and you will see that most rounds played, the hunter wins most of them.

I just can hope you dont make the hunter stronger AGAIN after a new patch. its already hard enough for a normal player to stay barely alive against a hunter who is able to fly around the map and wallhack the exact position and camp on the nest and spitspam you right away once you are getting close to the nest.

Yes, i understand there are a few hunters here who are annoyed they lost 1-2 out of 10 matches to very good players and come to the forum and insist a stronger hunter or a weaker survivor, just so they can win 10 out of 10 matches :/

AGAIN, please techland dont make the hunter stronger again, he is already overpowered for most of the survivor players out there.

I really like this gamemode and i still want to play it, but if he gets stronger, i wont even win 2 matches out of 10. Then it will be 0 out of 10. 

And no its not just me, i played with at least 50 different people, i constantly play online. I collected information from many matches.

Yes, a wall of text, i know.

TLDR: Please techland, dont make the hunter stronger again, for most survivors out there, he is already almost unbeatable once hes leveled up.

thank you for reading, and thank you for your amazing game :-)

"The Hunter" Overpowered?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please tell me that u r trolling :( xD

"first im using my uv (which drains very quickly) then i have to use my flares" ok...he is trolling

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"first im using my uv (which drains very quickly) then i have to use my flares" ok...he is trolling

if he isnt trolling he is the worst player ever i toyed around with a night hunter just before he killed me like 5 times then before he could kill me again i took out 2 nests he only got me 3 more times and 1 i blame on lag as i uved his face as he pounced but he still killed me

and i took out the last three nests after 1-2 hk him and i didnt even abuse flares after toying (toying was nowhere near the nests) also 2 deaths was from bad spawn on bridge where it dropped me twice 

"I just can hope you dont make the hunter stronger AGAIN after a new patch."

What patch? 1.03? Nothing in that patch addressed Be the Zombie.

If the Night Hunter seems stronger to you then that's because people are getting better at using him while you still continue to remain average or below average.

Edited by jcks

While I guess that it does not really help to trade accusations and / or lamentations concerning OP this or that...

However, I have the slight feeling that the balancing of survivors and the night hunter is somewhat completely off when it comes to scaling with groups.

I'm not quite sure concerning the exact intended PVP mechanics, but up until now I have only always been invaded by a zombie but never have I been joined by another survivor. And according to my experience - not considering myself a pro or something, just perfoming on a medium level of proficiency when it comes to competetive gaming - you get totally wrecked as a survivor on these 1v1 occasions (assuming, it is a leveled and no starter night hunter), despite all the assumed OP equipment I got: switching from UV light or flares to, e.g., the grappling hook --> pounce. Not being able to evade a spit and no immediately climbable building in the direction of the hunter --> pounce, since you have to turn around OR switch to the grappling hook (see above). 

If you are able to climb something, you should better make sure it is higher than a van or bus, since the bomber hazmat suit zombies have an AOE effect that easily gets you on those vehicles.

Guns or rifles also do not work, since a moving target is not really easy to hit with the somwhat clumsy gun controls and the damage it does is negligible (entire rifle magazine does like 10% damage on the hunter, which is easily healed).

When it comes down to close quarters fighting, the ram / tackle attacts of the night hunter can deadlock the survivor and as far as I can tell, weapon damage does impact the time needed to kill a hive (can be oneshotted, depending on the weapon) but it always takes at least 2 to 3 hits on the night hunter.

As a result, in these 1v1 situations, you can - or at least I can - just stand in one place and wait until my 10 respawns are gone since it is no real fun to read "you are dead" 10 times in a row if you really tried to do something or be smart about it. Maybe I'm just not good enough, but it is no fun, either way.

Nonetheless, I can imagine that you get similarly wrecked when trying to take on a team of 2 (very skilled) or more (maybe also lesser skilled) survivors. If, in this case, the night hunter's perspective becomes that of a survivor in 1v1s, than I've got to admit that something is really amiss here.
However, I think it is simply not enough to demand a stronger night hunter. I would reather think it would be a good idead to find an implementation that takes the number of players in the invaded game into account. The way it is right now does not seem to be very fun for any of the involved parties, safe for some grievers on both sides of the zombie fence: those that love to wreck single survivors as night hunters and those survivor groups that love to wreck the poor hunter...

BTW: I'm talking from a PC perspective, don't know how it's on the consoles. And my survivor is around level 17 or 18, hence no level 2 survivor with a 31 damage pipe...

[edit] - Just for typos....

Edited by DarkLight

While I guess that it does not really help to trade accusations and / or lamentations concerning OP this or that...

However, I have the slight feeling that the balancing of survivors and the night hunter is somewhat completely off when it comes to scaling with groups.

I'm not quite sure concerning the exact intended PVP mechanics, but up until now I have only always been invaded by a zombie but never have I been joined by another survivor. And according to my experience - not considering myself a pro or something, just perfoming on a medium level of proficiency when it comes to competetive gaming - you get totally wrecked as a survivor on these 1v1 occasions (assuming, it is a leveled and no starter night hunter), despite all the assumed OP equipment I got: switching from UV light or flares to, e.g., the grappling hook --> pounce. Not being able to evade a spit and no immediately climbable building in the direction of the hunter --> pounce, since you have to turn around OR switch to the grappling hook (see above). 

If you are able to climb something, you should better make sure it is higher than a van or bus, since the bomber hazmat suit zombies have an AOE effect that easily gets you on those vehicles.

Guns or rifles also do not work, since a moving target is not really easy to hit with the somwhat clumsy gun controls and the damage it does is negligible (entire rifle magazine does like 10% damage on the hunter, which is easily healed).

When it comes down to close quarters fighting, the ram / tackle attacts of the night hunter can deadlock the survivor and as far as I can tell, weapon damage does impact the time needed to kill a hive (can be oneshotted, depending on the weapon) but it always takes at least 2 to 3 hits on the night hunter.

As a result, in these 1v1 situations, you can - or at least I can - just stand in one place and wait until my 10 respawns are gone since it is no real fun to read "you are dead" 10 times in a row if you really tried to do something or be smart about it. Maybe I'm just not good enough, but it is no fun, either way.

Nonetheless, I can imagine that you get similarly wrecked when trying to take on a team of 2 (very skilled) or more (maybe also lesser skilled) survivors. If, in this case, the night hunter's perspective becomes that of a survivor in 1v1s, than I've got to admit that something is really amiss here.

However, I think it is simply not enough to demand a stronger night hunter. I would reather think it would be a good idead to find an implementation that takes the number of players in the invaded game into account. The way it is right now does not seem to be very fun for any of the involved parties, safe for some grievers on both sides of the zombie fence: those that love to wreck single survivors as night hunters and those survivor groups that love to wreck the poor hunter...

BTW: I'm talking from a PC perspective, don't know how it's on the consoles. And my hunter is around level 17 or 18, hence no level 2 survivor with a 31 damage pipe...

[edit] - Just for typos....

suvivors can dodge tackles and i can ohk the nh easily with a power attack otherwise its a 2hk 

suvivors can dodge tackles and i can ohk the nh easily with a power attack otherwise its a 2hk 

Just as I said before: not in my experience concerning the 0HK, at least not since Saturday. Before it seemed feasible, hence my remark concerning the platform (PC). Or, to put it the other way around: has there been any kind of patching and if so, maybe not on all platforms?

Additionally: has there always been a timeout counter if you stayed in a safe zone as the survivor? First time I noticed this was on Saturday, too.

And yes, you can evade the tackle, but only if you get it right the first time. I'm not intending to whine but reather looking for a way out for all involved parties and - maybe - for some hints concerning strategies for those 1v1-situations...

Edited by DarkLight

Just as I said before: not in my experience concerning the 0HK, at least not since Saturday. Before it seemed feasible, hence my remark concerning the platform (PC). Or, to put it the other way around: has there been any kind of patching and if so, maybe not on all platforms?

Additionally: has there always been a timeout counter if you stayed in a safe zone as the survivor? First time I noticed this was on Saturday, too.

And yes, you can evade the tackle, but only if you get it right the first time. I'm not intending to whine but reather looking for a way out for all involved parties and - maybe - for some hints concerning strategies for those 1v1-situations...

tbh the timer can be tricked just by leaving the safe house before it comes up then renter and way i see it the only op thing the hunter can do right now is the glitch but against a skilled player it just evens the odds

tbh the timer can be tricked just by leaving the safe house before it comes up then renter and way i see it the only op thing the hunter can do right now is the glitch but against a skilled player it just evens the odds

Just out of curiosity: how do you define "a skilled player"?!

And if there is any kind of skill level involved, wouldn't that still promote a kind of matchmaking system that takes "skill" into account, e.g. based on K/D ratio?

I'll refer you to my gameplay streams I did on saturday here (bottom of the page):

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/3067-night-hunter-dont-make-me-laugh/page-3

Unless a patch went live yesterday that I didn't know about this is currently what's possible against the Night Hunter. OHK on the hunter and nests, unavoidable drop kicks/death from above, easily avoidable tackles, UV light recharges faster than hunters energy when both set to zero making it impossible to punish with a pounce, etc.

Edited by jcks

Just out of curiosity: how do you define "a skilled player"?!

And if there is any kind of skill level involved, wouldn't that still promote a kind of matchmaking system that takes "skill" into account, e.g. based on K/D ratio?

the matchmakiing system is a joke ive got a level 3 nh fighting me and i destroyed 4 nests and left one part of last nest decided to let the guy get some exp by killiing me 9 times before i destroy it fully a skilled player is someone who knows how to counter each thing different levels of skill change how to counter something

the matchmakiing system is a joke ive got a level 3 nh fighting me and i destroyed 4 nests and left one part of last nest decided to let the guy get some exp by killiing me 9 times before i destroy it fully a skilled player is someone who knows how to counter each thing different levels of skill change how to counter something

Just what I was trying to point out... the matchmaking is an absolute joke, including the lack of any kind of scaling algorithm. I'm absolutely for any kind of buffs for the hunter when taking on groups of survivors, however, I'm not quite sure if that should really be the case for 1v1s.

Maybe I'm just lacking skill and / or experience but I still don't really get what good the fast recharge of the UV does me when I am blown to pieces by suicide hazmats and / or get pounced when trying to avoid the aforementioned fate?! And please, don't tell me that all I have to do is pop a flare and climb afterwards... those flares won't help me climb anything remotely high enough to evade the splash damage and not being pounced upon... But, maybe that's really down to my lack of "skill". :P

@jcks:

Could only take a short look at your vids right now.. I gather, you're playing on the PS4?

Just what I was trying to point out... the matchmaking is an absolute joke, including the lack of any kind of scaling algorithm. I'm absolutely for any kind of buffs for the hunter when taking on groups of survivors, however, I'm not quite sure if that should really be the case for 1v1s.

Maybe I'm just lacking skill and / or experience but I still don't really get what good the fast recharge of the UV does me when I am blown to pieces by suicide hazmats and / or get pounced when trying to avoid the aforementioned fate?! And please, don't tell me that all I have to do is pop a flare and climb afterwards... those flares won't help me climb anything remotely high enough to evade the splash damage and not being pounced upon... But, maybe that's really down to my lack of "skill". :P

@jcks:

Could only take a short look at your vids right now.. I gather, you're playing on the PS4?

i dont think the recharge should be changed on the light just the range as it stands it goes to far ive hit hunters at 3-5 times the pounce range with it plus flares need a cd of 1 sec less then they last so they cant be spammed and just safe houses be unusable after 5 mins 

and only change to hunters is the spit glitch when the survivor things are dealt with 

if they get done then atleast it will be reasonable fair a hunter really should be alot more powerful then 1 survivor when it comes to 2-4v1

Edited by darkwolfcub

Yeah PS4.

The second video is 8 minutes long, I skip most of the waiting and just get right to the match. The other ones are 2 matches in one so about 30-40mins each.

Edit: survivor UV definitely needs more cooldown. If you use the last of your UV to drain a night hunters energy (very common) then you are completely safe while it's recharging because it recharges faster than the night hunters energy therefore he can't pounce you while it's in cooldown.

Edited by jcks

Yeah PS4.

The second video is 8 minutes long, I skip most of the waiting and just get right to the match. The other ones are 2 matches in one so about 30-40mins each.

Edit: survivor UV definitely needs more cooldown. If you use the last of your UV to drain a night hunters energy (very common) then you are completely safe while it's recharging because it recharges faster than the night hunters energy therefore he can't pounce you while it's in cooldown.

if the range was reduced by 2/3 then it would be alot more even

Keep your posts mature and constructive. Thank you.

How to win:

Equip UV light

Equip flares

Spam Q

WIN.

win win win win

Im not the type of guy who spam throw flares, that's unfair. 

Also why are you all suggesting that i'm a noob or level 2? This isn't fair, since there are also people here who complain that the nighthunter is too weak and the survivor is overpowered. Couldn't you guys then say "you are a noob cause u can't kill the survivor" ?

You see, it goes both ways.

Also there are rounds that i win, but the majority i lose, it's ok, i accept it.

In the end i am very happy with the mode zombie invasion, and i do think it's more or less balanced. I still think the nighthunter (once he is fully upgraded) can be very powerfull and difficult to beat. 

But i won't please the developers to nerf the nighthunter. I accept that the nighthunter is very challenging. I just would like that the nighthunter won't get any harder anymore with further updates. Like i said, for normal players, the hunter is already hard enough to beat.

That quote is way out of context, i never said it like that. Please read the full sentence. it was:

"first im using my uv (which drains very quickly) then i have to use my flares, and the hunter spit me once and the flares also goes off? "

i simply assumed that when i use my flares, it will protect me from his spits. But i figured out that the hunter can also spit off my flares, and immediately pounce me.

How is that trolling?

The night hunter is a joke, i essentially solo'd hunter at level 4, he wasn't terrible, had a few spits unlocked, knew to try to split us etc. And he managed to kill my teammate a few times, but i was able to bring him back every time. and I only died once.

So needless to say, a level 4 survivor, carrying another survivor against a decent hunter is still an easy win with only 1-2 human deaths.  Oh wow, he actually snuck up on me between survivor sense spams, eat UV light, slap slap dead. 

Dodging spits is very easy. The only way a hunter is at an advantage is if he is a much higher level than the survivors and that won't happen thanks to matchmaking, and even then with 3-4 it would still be GG for the hunter most of the time.

Survivor Sense needs a big nerf or removal and UV needs a nerf as well. flares are a dime a dozen and too easy to spam, especially when the one counter is easily avoided. 

Flare Spam against a Team of 4 is Unbeatable. if they are Smart about it.

3 Humans Chase, Distract and UV Spam the Night Hunter whilst Guarding the Human Destroying the Nest. Again Unbeatable.

Survivor Sense, gives the Humans 24/7 Situational Awareness, It should Only be the Night Hunter who can Track 24/7.

The Night Hunter Telegraphs His Position in the Following Ways:

• Heavy Breathing.
  • Heavy Footsteps.
  • Tendril Sounds.
  • Howling, and Howl Glow.
  • Orange Pulse that Radiates Environment.
  • Spit Sounds, and Spit Warning Indicator. 
  • Your Character Saying, Something Not Right, I Can Feel it.

In My opinion, Survivor Sense is not Necessary, Working as a Team, Using Sight and Hearing is enough. This would add to Team Work and make this Mode a lot more Exciting.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

Flare Spam against a Team of 4 is Unbeatable. if they are Smart about it.

3 Humans Chase, Distract and UV Spam the Night Hunter whilst Guarding the Human Destroying the Nest. Again Unbeatable.

Survivor Sense, gives the Humans 24/7 Situational Awareness, It should Only be the Night Hunter who can Track 24/7.

The Night Hunter Telegraphs His Position in the Following Ways:

• Heavy Breathing.
  • Heavy Footsteps.
  • Tendril Sounds.
  • Howling, and Howl Glow.
  • Orange Pulse that Radiates Environment.
  • Spit Sounds, and Spit Warning Indicator. 
  • Your Character Saying, Something Not Right, I Can Feel it.

In My opinion, Survivor Sense is not Necessary, Working as a Team, Using Sight and Hearing is enough. This would add to Team Work and make this Mode a lot more Exciting.

Try to play a 4 player vs zombie and hope opposing a good one, with the latest patch it's way harder than what it was. The nests are really tougher, the zombies are more agressive, with a constant pressure from the hunter games can now be really intense, and force you to be good at cooperating.