Michał Napora

Community Manager

• Community Manager
  • 316 posts
  • LocationHarran and Hellraid

#1 Michał Napora

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:13 PM

Hi guys, 

Today we want to announce omething really special - we are creating our own set of Modding Tools.

We're all in awe of some of the modds we've seen so far - the drop kick that send the zombies into the sky is nuts. It's amazing to see what you guys are able to come up with.

Soon, you'll be able to create your own version of a zombie outbreak. We've been working on a set of Modding Tools for some time, but we would also love to hear your thoughts on the issue. 

So, tell us what would you like to see in our modding tools. What would you like to create with it? What would you like to do with them? 

Give us your thoughts right here below in the comments section. 

We're hoping to support the creations you make, so please, let us know what you would like in there, and let's create something special together. 

HeadClot

Citizen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

#2 HeadClot

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

Hi guys, 

Today we want to announce omething really special - we are creating our own set of Modding Tools.

We're all in awe of some of the modds we've seen so far - the drop kick that send the zombies into the sky is nuts. It's amazing to see what you guys are able to come up with.

Soon, you'll be able to create your own version of a zombie outbreak. We've been working on a set of Modding Tools for some time, but we would also love to hear your thoughts on the issue. 

So, tell us what would you like to see in our modding tools. What would you like to create with it? What would you like to do with them? 

We're hoping to support the creations you make, so please, let us know what you would like in there, and let's create something special together. 

A Map editor would be awesome!

PS. I have not bought dying light but I am heavily considering it due to the fact that you support modding now :D

Edited by HeadClot, 06 February 2015 - 06:42 PM.

Apst

Citizen

• Pip
  • 1 posts

#3 Apst

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

Inventory.xlsm and whatever tool you use to compile it, please.

And a map editor would obviously be god-like.

IAmNerner

Citizen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCentral city

#4 IAmNerner

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:25 PM

Map editor would make this game 4000 times cooler than it already is.

relkin43

Citizen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

#5 relkin43

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

Not sure what sort of tools you are looking at creating or how robust but the ability to modify stats on existing mobs and import new ones would be awesome.  Importing new weapon models as well as static/interactives for a map editor would be nice as well - also the ability to edit drop tables and stat ranges (I assume chests randomize the loot you pull based on tables and ranges).

BRPW

Citizen

• Pip
  • 1 posts

#6 BRPW

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:05 PM

A Map editor would be awesome!

PS. I have not bought dying light but I am heavily considering it due to the fact that you support modding now :D

A map editor would be excellent. It would keep the game very very fresh. 

Ability perhaps to make our own weapons also.

Make our own missions/tasks. So the playthroughs aren't the same every time.

More multiplayer modes; survival. etc

Aside from that...

My suggestion would be to make the tools as accessible and as moddable as possible. Make it easy for people to edit the game. Looking at the kinds of things people have done with things like GTA IV (very poor moddability), then look at something as moddable as Skyrim; if you could get somewhere in the middle (I know asking you to make the game as moddable as Skyrim would be a big ask), we'd all be VERY happy. This could very well be a game I play indefinitely; it could be the zombie Skyrim for me.

Mysterious11

Survivor

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

#7 Mysterious11

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

map editor :>

MOOORE Weapons .... i have 25/24/24 LVL and all  Traders have the same equipment ... i cant buy twohanded hammer

Edited by Mysterious11, 06 February 2015 - 08:06 PM.

relkin43

Citizen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

#8 relkin43

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:14 PM

Oh holy cow I totally forgot!  Steamworks integration would be awesome :D  I love nexus I truly do, but I also feel that steamworks brings in people who aren't familiar with nexus. 

Versus

Citizen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

#9 Versus

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

SDK Nais^^

OK im Happi TO Convert Max/XSI TO DL, DL Need a BiGFaTT-Chainsaw) Yea

Edited by Versus, 06 February 2015 - 08:49 PM.

Cerberus

Citizen

• Pip
  • 1 posts

#10 Cerberus

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:39 PM

Hi guys, 

This could be great, but my first question is, will the modding tools only be available on the PC platform? 

tirtel

Citizen

• Pip
  • 1 posts

#11 tirtel

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

This could be great, but my first question is, will the modding tools only be available on the PC platform? 

that's kinda obvious it won't happen on limited consoles, they are already at their performance peak when running unmodded version.

Anyway, any chance for additional multiplayer gamemodes ? And making it possible to create new ones ? :)

Versus

Citizen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

#12 Versus

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

pc iss the only plattform for devs.

like a worldbuilder for PS4 or lolbox with gamepad input .. made my day^^

Edited by Versus, 06 February 2015 - 08:49 PM.

Zach6699

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

#13 Zach6699

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:16 PM

I'd love to see what these people can do.

DerLauch

Citizen

• Pip
  • 1 posts

#14 DerLauch

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:10 PM

This features would be awesome:

-wallrun (would totally give an awesome new feeling to gameplay)

-huge diversity of new big-chupacabra zombies

-arena tournaments (PVP, boss fights, wave-after-wave-action etc.)

-placeable gadgets/traps/bases

-new guns (sniper,bow,chainsaw,flamethrower, lawnmower etc.) with additional features like laserpointer or larger ammo clips

-new weapon upgrades and blueprints with new special effects

-craftable guns/in-depth loot system/rarity of certain weapons(hard to find or craft) or alchemy recipes

-wider skill tree to personalize your gameplay style (or something like a limited amount of skill points then can be spent) -> add starting classes (survivor, fighter, scientist.. etc.)

-nerf minimap because it makes you feel to comfortable when you can see where the enemies are and where they are looking at -> add difficulty mode

-increase the health of the standard zombies (way to easy to kill in late-game) or in addition to the second bullet point, add a bunch of new zombies that are harder to kill.

-more sensitive environment; gun shots and explosions should attract way more zombies -> zombie hordes

-more access to builings -> breakable wooden/steel doors with other tools to get in (maybe welder etc.)

-more variety in combat (combo attacks; zombies can attack together not just one by one -> makes it harder to escape; dual-wielding weapons etc.)

-better character customization

-possibility to block auto-entering online sessions in multiplayer mode

anyway, great game so far! :)

fireundubh

Citizen

• Pip
  • 8 posts

#15 fireundubh

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:54 PM

If you can release a consumer SDK similar to the Creation Kit for Skyrim, we'd be set!

Other than that, here's my top five:

• Scripting language and editor
  • Quest and dialogue editor
  • Item editor
  • Creature editor
  • Level editor

CRImSonHarLequin

Survivor

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Location---> Steam: DiSi||uSioN

#16 CRImSonHarLequin

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:01 PM

soo good to hear. thanks for the effort! :)

redfeather75

Survivor

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

#17 redfeather75

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

A map editor would be really cool.

I know everyone saying it, but it would be the best.

For me I am most interested in scripting weather effects right now.

HopeJ

Citizen

• Pip
  • 1 posts

#18 HopeJ

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:33 PM

• Proper documentation of how the engine works.
  • File Converter that can take data from programs like 3DSMax, Maya, and Blender and turn them into in game assets and animations. I.E. if I make a box in Blender, export it as a fbx or obj, I should be able to convert it into the proper file type for your game engine.
  • Sample Rig for Characters
  • Example files of a biped character, an on the ground item, a weapon, a static object, and a building
  • A "lite" version of the executive that boots up quickly to a blank world where you can test the mods you are working on immediately.

HeadClot

Citizen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

#19 HeadClot

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:11 AM

• Proper documentation of how the engine works.
  • File Converter that can take data from programs like 3DSMax, Maya, and Blender and turn them into in game assets and animations. I.E. if I make a box in Blender, export it as a fbx or obj, I should be able to convert it into the proper file type for your game engine.
  • Sample Rig for Characters
  • Example files of a biped character, an on the ground item, a weapon, a static object, and a building
  • A "lite" version of the executive that boots up quickly to a blank world where you can test the mods you are working on immediately.

This!

defileddeep

Citizen

• Pip
  • 1 posts

#20 defileddeep

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:23 AM

first I want to say thank you to Techland for an amazing game, then thanks again for developing mod tools... haven't seen a AAA game embrace modding in a long time!

the top thing on my list is just that we are able to import custom models for weapons. 

(.obj would be fantastic)