Alpacalypse

Please Do Something About Spam In Be The Zombie Mode

13 posts in this topic

The last 5 lobbies I've been in, I lost.

Know why? They chained flares together, and grappled onto the roof and threw flares whenever I spit horde onto them. They'd also spam their sense to know exactly where I was at all times.

If this doesn't get fixed, I'm going to uninstall Dying Light. I've had my fun. I have 70 hours into it, I finished the campaign twice. I was hoping for a bit of meta fun with Be the Zombie, but judging by how mortally unbalanced this trash is...

I'm gonna go back to Far Cry 4 if this doesn't get patched. At least you can still shoot your gun when someone is in your line of sight.

Well have fun with FC4, I think no one it's forcing you to keep playing.

Well, that's a mature response. It seems like complaining for the huge flaws of a game that would be great if fixed, makes people unwanted in the forums created exactly for this purpose.

Well, that's a mature response. It seems like complaining for the huge flaws of a game that would be great if fixed, makes people unwanted in the forums created exactly for this purpose.

Actually I think it's way more mature than op, but maybe it's just me.

I'm having fun with the zombie mode(which was the topic), I don't think it's bugged(talking about the zombie mode) or that has huge flaws, of course I'll love some tweak here and there, but what makes no sense it's to threaten(like if that matters developers or community) that you'll uninstall the game because you are not able to play properly, or you are not having fun, as a matter of fact it's childish.

If you are not having fun, stop playing it.

Sounds like the op is just not good at being the zombie. It takes a lot of skill to win as the Zombie vs a skilled survivor group, and guess what? That's the way it's supposed to be! So many people crying because they keep dying. How about learning from what you did wrong and get better? I thought my group was unbeatable and then a very skilled hunter came in and showed us wrong. Get better at the game instead of asking for it to be dumbed down for you.

The last 5 lobbies I've been in, I lost.

Know why? They chained flares together, and grappled onto the roof and threw flares whenever I spit horde onto them. They'd also spam their sense to know exactly where I was at all times.

If this doesn't get fixed, I'm going to uninstall Dying Light. I've had my fun. I have 70 hours into it, I finished the campaign twice. I was hoping for a bit of meta fun with Be the Zombie, but judging by how mortally unbalanced this trash is...

I'm gonna go back to Far Cry 4 if this doesn't get patched. At least you can still shoot your gun when someone is in your line of sight.

If you're unable to think around an obstacle, one that is one of the LIMITED resources in which survivors have to defend themselves against an intelligent opponet then perhaps you should avoid that mode for awhile. It'll give you time to think about why flares and the UV flashlight were left in players inventories when the 'mode' started. But since I rather doubt you'll do that because you're upset about losing I'm going to take a moment to point out a few things. And, yes, I'm being a tad pointed but, honestly, I think it's warranted.

Be the Zombie, on paper, sounds like an amazingly dynamic experience and offered us an opportunity to go into other people's games not to help but to actively hinder their progress, to offer the host an extra bit of intelligent challenge! And while it is a decently fun experience it's not exactly the one implied we'd be having. Honestly, it was radically different than what I had imagined when it was first teased but I'm not too broken up about it because it's still fun. But I'm also objective enough to admit that it's riddled with problems. Survivors being able to chain flares and grapple away is not one of them.

As the 'Hunter' you've potentially got some rather devastating weapons in your arsenal, some of which renders the UV flashlight inert. That UV flashlight is, disregarding the flares for the moment, only weapons avialable to a survivor to counter a Hunter's ability to completely dominate in a match point blank because it's the ONLY thing that actively negates a Hunter's skills (outside the spits) and gives them the potential to either lay a beat down on the stumbling hunter or, as often the case might be, give the survivors a chance to run away and live another few seconds/minutes which prolongs the gameplay since you can have a number of deaths on both sides before the match is called (this disregards the auto-win that happens when the survivors destroy all the nests).

As mentioned, the Hunter has a 'spit' that negates the UV flashlight which potentially leaves survivors defenseless insomuch that the UV being what stuns a Hunter and gives the survivors a potential advantage since the Hunter's skills are negated and the Hunter is somewhat stunned for a few precious seconds. So what's a Survivor to do when their UV flashlight is negated by a Hunter's spit? Toss a freaking FLARE because it is the ONLY other thing in their arsenal that actively negates a Hunter's abilities and might potentially give them the needed and necessary time to recover from the Hunter's devastating UV negation.

You already knocked their UV offline, possibly used the zombie dinner bell spit to call Virals, so now all you have to do is contend with Survivors who are blind and puked on who are basically flailing away at the running Virals and dropping flares so they can get out their grappling hooks to try to get to safety. Son, you're already way ahead of them in terms of disrupting their nest stomp. Why are you complaining, again? Oh, that's right, you're upset that the Survivors are using a valid defense and you haven't been able to anticipate this response and, I don't know, chase after the grappling survivor to maybe pounce them almost as soon as they land since, you know, they can't throw a flare that far or immediately drop one. (There's potential for them to immediately drop one if they're quick enough but that depends on the player's skill.)

By all means, don't play the mode if it's truly that upsetting for you but you need to take a minute and dissect this because losing is not a good enough (or good in general) reason for a company to spend potentially time and money 'patching' something. Especially something like, you know, a valid and quite sparse defense.

Now, that being said, I honestly think that the grapple does tend to be a bit OP but since the Hunter has a grapple too, and one that is by far more effective than the Survivor's grapple...I think it pretty much evens out.

Instead of attacking him when he complains (validly) that survivors have an unfair advantage (range, numbers, outrageous sonar, attacks that are not as dreadfully easy to dodge as spits are, no noise penalties, and higher damage than hunters in melee at all but the earliest levels), why not try listen to what he says and perhaps give him a strategy to combat these ridiculous odds.

Sure a good hunter can contend with a good group of surivors but looking at the highest end of hunters does not mean they are balanced.  The average hunter should be able to take on the average survivor 1v1, but as it is now with human sonar I find it unlikely that it would go his way, and if you add in three friends on the human's side, suddenly the odds of Hunter victory are dismall. 

I should not have to be 20+ levels into hunter to contend with mid level survivors, even low level Survivors can take on low level Hunters no problem.

The currnt setup makes Survivors that use surivor sense and UV at any level of skill and know how to use dodge near unbeatable.

Also, Church, your scenario assumes that you got a direct hit(Yeah, right.) with both spits and he has no friends with him.

Edited by XboxVillain1

Actually I think it's way more mature than op, but maybe it's just me.

I'm having fun with the zombie mode(which was the topic), I don't think it's bugged(talking about the zombie mode) or that has huge flaws, of course I'll love some tweak here and there, but what makes no sense it's to threaten(like if that matters developers or community) that you'll uninstall the game because you are not able to play properly, or you are not having fun, as a matter of fact it's childish.

If you are not having fun, stop playing it.

This forum is to have discussions. Whereas you simply respond with a not so very constructive reply.

In the end, the point he is making is valid, and sadly true. The Night Hunter is bound to animations, lacks dodging capabilities, is everything but stealthy, and last but not least, he is prone to certain animation locked moves like the drop attack and drop kick. These issues render him ineffective when facing just one, or more players.

Now while we are talking about the Night Hunter subject. I do want to ask you people if we are talking about the console version, or the pc version.

You might wonder why i'd ask such a thing, because normally this wouldn't matter at all. Though i'm afraid this is not the case at this moment. Thanks to the precision and high speed rotating on M&K, you are able to do certain feats that could be slightly too difficult to perform on a console.

Don't get me wrong, i am not trying to bash console here, but i'm just pointing out that there can be different outcomes due to the system played on.

So my next question is the following. On what system do you people play Dying Light? You could see this as a neat little experiment. Though in the end it might not prove anything, but it could change the way we think on this matter.

Edited by HaNYolO

PS4, but with OHK I don't think you need much accuracy. In fact I think lag is more of a factor than anything.

I have had moments where people would either slice me when I was outside of melee range and kill me or they would slice me after I ground pound them killing me while they're being blown back (this happened on your video).

HaNYolO I Myself am on the XBOX ONE, But I Imagine the Issues mentioned throughout the Forums cover all Formats.   As it Stands the Night Hunter is vastly under powered especially when VS a Team of 4.  I don't Imagine for a Minuit that all Our suggestions could be Implemented. 

But is it Possible that Our Concerns could be Addressed by the Dev Team, even if it comes Via Yourself. The Community would be Grateful.  Thank You. 

NIGHT HUNTER INVASION MODE:

If You insist on keeping the Safe Zones, Have them serve a Real purpose during Invasions.
  • Limit Player UV Charges to 5 per Player in a 4VS4 Match.  This would encourage more Team Work.
  • Visit Safe Zones to restock Batteries. FORFEIT still Applies for Campers. 
  • Game Time Limit: To add Urgency and Give the Hunter another way to Win.

Night Hunter Changes:

Survivor UV Light lasts far too long, especially in 4vs1.

The more Players vs The Hunter, the shorter each Players UV Light should last. This would Promote more Team Work.

Hunter Spits need to be reworked. Normal Spits should be time delayed as they already are. Charged Spits should Detonate much faster or on contact with a Player or the Environment.

Survivor Sense, should be removed or put on a slow burn timer. The Hunter already exposes His position in 4 Ways.

• Heavy Breathing.
  • Loud Footsteps. 
  • Screaming to locate Players.
  • When Hit with UV Light.

Night Hunter Health should scale up with ( Survivor Number) (Survivor Level) (Weapon Level) The Hunter is too Fragile especially in 4vs1 Games.

Night Hunter Ground Pound should AOE Extinguish any Flares caught in the Shock-wave.

HaNYolO I Myself am on the XBOX ONE, But I Imagine the Issues mentioned throughout the Forums cover all Formats.   As it Stands the Night Hunter is vastly under powered especially when VS a Team of 4.  I don't Imagine for a Minuit that all Our suggestions could be Implemented. 

But is it Possible that Our Concerns could be Addressed by the Dev Team, even if it comes Via Yourself. The Community would be Grateful.  Thank You. 

NIGHT HUNTER INVASION MODE:

If You insist on keeping the Safe Zones, Have them serve a Real purpose during Invasions.
  • Limit Player UV Charges to 5 per Player in a 4VS4 Match.  This would encourage more Team Work.
  • Visit Safe Zones to restock Batteries. FORFEIT still Applies for Campers. 
  • Game Time Limit: To add Urgency and Give the Hunter another way to Win.

Night Hunter Changes:

Survivor UV Light lasts far too long, especially in 4vs1.

The more Players vs The Hunter, the shorter each Players UV Light should last. This would Promote more Team Work.

Hunter Spits need to be reworked. Normal Spits should be time delayed as they already are. Charged Spits should Detonate much faster or on contact with a Player or the Environment.

Survivor Sense, should be removed or put on a slow burn timer. The Hunter already exposes His position in 4 Ways.

• Heavy Breathing.
  • Loud Footsteps. 
  • Screaming to locate Players.
  • When Hit with UV Light.

Night Hunter Health should scale up with ( Survivor Number) (Survivor Level) (Weapon Level) The Hunter is too Fragile especially in 4vs1 Games.

Night Hunter Ground Pound should AOE Extinguish any Flares caught in the Shock-wave.

I've tried contacting the Techland team about this subject already, but i'm afraid it didn't help. I'm being left in the dark just as much as you guys.

PS4, but with OHK I don't think you need much accuracy. In fact I think lag is more of a factor than anything.

I have had moments where people would either slice me when I was outside of melee range and kill me or they would slice me after I ground pound them killing me while they're being blown back (this happened on your video).

It is true that lag can be a real game changer, and result into having a negative effect on the Night Hunter. Though at the moment pretty much the only thing they could do is change the match-making so that it would only match you up with other low ping users. Though that would limit the players you are able to play with on Be The Zombie. And i'm confident to say that that would not be such a great move if you consider how messed up the match-making already is. :/

Once they fix that issue, they could look into changing up the way match-making is done.

But i could be wrong. :D

Edited by HaNYolO

I've tried contacting the Techland team about this subject already, but i'm afraid it didn't help. I'm being left in the dark just as much as you guys.

It is true that lag can be a real game changer, and result into having a negative effect on the Night Hunter. Though at the moment pretty much the only thing they could do is change the match-making so that it would only match you up with other low ping users. Though that would limit the players you are able to play with on Be The Zombie. And i'm confident to say that that would not be such a great move if you consider how messed up the match-making already is. :/

Once they fix that issue, they could look into changing up the way match-making is done.

But i could be wrong. :D

glad to see someone trying to get the hunter balanced