ipot_04

Bugs/glitches I Noticed On Dying Light

Question

Most of them are well known by now.

I'm playing on PS4.

1. Glitched Trophies

-"Now It's Safe" and "It's All In the Writing" are the glitched trophies I've encountered so far. Some people say that "Polyamory" and  "Homo Homini Lupus Est" are also glitched. A lot of people are still wondering that "The Whole Story" trophy might be glitched as well since there's like maybe a few ones that might have it or none actually at this time.

PS: It would be a big "BS" move if ever "The Whole Story" trophy/achievement requires the paid DLC missions.

Here is a list of side quests that I've already compeleted, notify me if I missed some side quests:

Mother's Day

Goodnight Mr. Bahir

Lost in Space

Gunslinger

Incense Herbs

Bring Me The Brain of The Usain Bolter

Kidney Punch

Hunting Goon

Witch Queen

Chasing Past

The Launch

The Shadow of The King

Do You Believe?

Troll

Dungeon

Blocks for The Boy

Health Potion

Rupert The Gunsmith

Fan Zone

Radio Station

Office Outpost

Legless Spider

The Bunker

Bandages and Meds

Lighter Gas

Coffee

Electronic Parts

Crayons for The Kids

Cease and Desist

Total Security

The Big Bang Thesis

Steal From a Thief

Gassed Up

Binoculars

Dulse

Hardware

Assault and Batteries

On The Hooks

Firebug

O Brother Where Art Thou?

Where's My Mother?

A Survivor's Guide to Zombieland

Midnight Bride

Poisonous Herbs

Gas Mask Man

A Baby is Born

Tunnel Vision

Spare Glasses

The Prodigal Son

Searchlights

Voltage

2. I can't max out my survivor level which is level 25.

-The exp meter is stuck at 471500/475000 exp and it doesn't go up beyond that. Both my agility and power levels have already been maxed out without problems.

By the time I completed the story quests, I was below Survivor Level 24.

Some people said that they can get to Survivor Level 25 as long they haven't finished the story quests to 100%.

l5wcCBZ.jpg

3. There are times that zombies get glitched through a wall.

- There's a rare chance that some zombies go through a wall like they had a momentary ghost mode.

4. Broken counters in the personal statistics under the Extras menu.

- I've noticed 2 counters are not registering the progress I've made, one is for the Safe Zones and the other one is for the Quarantine Zones.

Both of those stay at 0, I've already got the "Trespassing" trophy which require to complete the quarantine zones.

5. Teleports me into different areas/locations when continuing my game.

- I noticed that every time I quit the game when I'm in Old Town so I can save my progress, the next time I continue to play the game it loads my character to the Slums instead of loading Old Town.

I'm looking forward to a fix to the glitched trophies.

Edited by ipot_04

31 answers to this question

I have a glitch on PS4 where whenever I start the game, im spawned at the location of a quest. I was at the tower when I left the game and later when I got on again it was at a quarintine zone I had my next mission on. It's kinda anoying since I keep getting teleported around when I enter my game. Also, this is happening while im free roaming and have completed the campaign.

I have a glitch on PS4 where whenever I start the game, im spawned at the location of a quest. I was at the tower when I left the game and later when I got on again it was at a quarintine zone I had my next mission on. It's kinda anoying since I keep getting teleported around when I enter my game. Also, this is happening while im free roaming and have completed the campaign.

Same.

When I quit the game I was on old Town, when I played again I was automatically back in the Slums.

They should really put checkpoints whenever you go to sleep or when it shifts to day to night and night to day.

Edited by ipot_04

To clear this up a bit, the trophy Now It's Safe is not glitched at all. There are safe zones you unlock during side quests and story missions as well. I myself have the trophy and 100% story completion. (Little example, is two of the buildings in old town you need a side quest to access which turn into safe zones)

It's all in the writing includes voice mails, notes, and the journals, a youtuber already got this trophy from collecting all of them.

Polyamory is not glitched, you just have to be in the same game with 3 other people, not including yourself. No one can leave or drop out, or the trophy will reset.

The Whole Story is definitely glitched, as I have completed all story missions, and all side quests, yet it has not shown up. :(

To clear this up a bit, the trophy Now It's Safe is not glitched at all. There are safe zones you unlock during side quests and story missions as well. I myself have the trophy and 100% story completion. (Little example, is two of the buildings in old town you need a side quest to access which turn into safe zones)

It's all in the writing includes voice mails, notes, and the journals, a youtuber already got this trophy from collecting all of them.

Polyamory is not glitched, you just have to be in the same game with 3 other people, not including yourself. No one can leave or drop out, or the trophy will reset.

The Whole Story is definitely glitched, as I have completed all story missions, and all side quests, yet it has not shown up. :(

Actially It is glitched, you are just the very few people who have the trophy unlocked. Look all around Steam, PSTrophies.Org and XboxAchievments, you will see multiple people talking about how glitched that trophy is along with Raises Men, All Side Quests, All Quarantene Zones. Lots of people have 100% done myself included and have not earned the trophy.

Edited by Arumat

I've already completed story quests and most likely all of the side quests, do you think still think that is not glitched?

Some people got them normally, some don't but that doesn't mean it's not glitched coz it is.

FYI, I already have 84% trophy progression.

"Now It's Safe", The Whole Story,  and "It's All In the Writing" are glitched based on my game.

I have yet to achieve "Homo Homini Lupus Est" but based from what I've seen people are saying that they saved survivors from Rai's men for more than 15 times.

I only saw some people complained about not getting "Polyamory" and "Tresspassing" trophies but I already got both of those.

You should visit other forums that has a discussion about this game so you'd know that those trophies are glitched and a lot of people can't get them. I don't know if some Achievements for Xbox are also glitched.

The requirements are so simple so most of us have done it right and still no trophies.

Before I posted here, I made sure that the things I listed are not working properly.

Edited by ipot_04

I have 81% trophy completion? I don't think that means anything? I just played with around 10 people today who have gotten Now It's Safe, so I don't know.

Homo Homini Lupus Est: I was one of the people who kept getting mad because I wasn't getting the trophy when I thought I had saved well over 15, then I went into my statistics and found out that I had only 8 out of 15 people saved, I have the trophy now after getting 15 .-.

All side quests is a chupacabra, I just did all challenges and still have not unlocked the trophy, I think there may be something we don't know here (Maybe a secret quest somewhere? At the end of one of the side quests I was told to meet some guy somewhere and that he marked it on my map, but it was never marked for me), but I put in a support ticket about this one.

By the way, there is New Game + if you think something is glitched on that one playthrough, do it again and I'm sure it'll work.

I have 81% trophy completion? I don't think that means anything? I just played with around 10 people today who have gotten Now It's Safe, so I don't know.

Homo Homini Lupus Est: I was one of the people who kept getting mad because I wasn't getting the trophy when I thought I had saved well over 15, then I went into my statistics and found out that I had only 8 out of 15 people saved, I have the trophy now after getting 15 .-.

All side quests is a chupacabra, I just did all challenges and still have not unlocked the trophy, I think there may be something we don't know here (Maybe a secret quest somewhere? At the end of one of the side quests I was told to meet some guy somewhere and that he marked it on my map, but it was never marked for me), but I put in a support ticket about this one.

By the way, there is New Game + if you think something is glitched on that one playthrough, do it again and I'm sure it'll work.

Uh. I'm telling you that some of the glitched trophies that I mentioned  some people are having

Those people who had problems with Homo Homini Lupus Est said they had to save 20+ survivors just to get the trophy so that means they know how to keep track of their progress by looking at the Personal Statistics.

I don't want to repeat everything that I've already done that's why I made this thread so the devs would be reminded to fix the glitched trophies.

Yeah I am having the same problems with trophies, I have gotten all the safe zones of course, no trophy. Got 67 out of 67 collectibles, no trophy. Also beat every single side quest and challenge( thought if I beat all the challenges too I would get the trophy), no trophy? Please fix this issue fast, I truly enjoy the game and just want to platinum it as well as beat the chupacabra out of it. :)

Than you along with 10 people got lucky. It's glitched for 90%+ of people who have this game.

well i got a new glitch here... when you go on bridge and toss a grenade in zombie crowd if not close enouph then nothing happens.. and you pretty much wasted it.

New patch is out but nothing was fixed among the listed ones that I had.

So looking forward to the next patch, hopefully that has the fix to the glitched trophies.

Now it's safe is 100% not glitched, I thought it was because all the houses were green and I beat all the story's mad challenges and I didn't get it. I got it by joing a friends game and capturing a few extra safe houses. But after I got the trophy I continued playing and found at least 3 "safe houses" by opening random doors in old town and slums, they don't have the mark for safe house on the map till you actually open the door leading into that room, the trophy is on a conter though when the stats say 0 it's still counting because I got the trophy and it reads that I have 0

Now it's safe is 100% not glitched, I thought it was because all the houses were green and I beat all the story's mad challenges and I didn't get it. I got it by joing a friends game and capturing a few extra safe houses. But after I got the trophy I continued playing and found at least 3 "safe houses" by opening random doors in old town and slums, they don't have the mark for safe house on the map till you actually open the door leading into that room, the trophy is on a conter though when the stats say 0 it's still counting because I got the trophy and it reads that I have 0

IT IS glitched.

Tried doing it again by starting a New Game+ story quest speedrun until I got to Old Town, I never did any side quest or any of the challenges.

In case you didn't know, I've already finished ALL the side quests.

After I got to Old Town I quickly captured every red house icon in Old Town then I go back to the Slums and capture every red house icons in the map and I finally got it.

Take note, I didn't find the other secret safe houses to unlock it on NG+, I didn't even unlocked the safe zone at the bridge (Slums).

You might also want to say that it's not glitched on this thread so you'll have a better understanding:

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/3157-list-of-glitched-trophies-and-achievements/

According to the last comment from that thread:

I didn't get safehouse trophy after unlocking all the red ones on the maps, decided to play NG+ and played all the story till I unlocked the old town, now I unlocked all the safe houses in the slums before going to the old town .......... I unlocked 2 in the old town then the trophy popped?
Edited by ipot_04

Total Security is glitched but I also didn't do the mission in the way that the game described.  I turned off two of the generators and climbed up anyways, I think that my game switched missions on me so the third generator didn't appear on my map anymore so I didn't turn it off before climbing up.  Got shocked a little but not enough to kill me.  I went to the roof, found the recorder and turned off the transmitter.  Did a few more missions before I realized that it wasn't a turn in mission to a NPC.  Went back and turned the third generator off and climbed up and no recorder this time.  Mission is still sitting in my Quests menu.  Gonna have to try it again on a NG+.

Have any of you come across a glitch where the boat takeoff platform in the Slums is removed from the map?  I'm trying to talk to Fallon to start A Survivor's Guide to Zombieland, but even those the marker is there for the quest, I can't talk to him because the platform is just completely gone.

Coyg, had the same happen to me. I had to join random games for somebody that hadn't yet done or pciked up the quest. It got screwed up for me when I had joined a friend's game and he turned that in and the barge left. After that, I had the exclamation but no barge. Had joined a friend that had picked up the quest and not yet done it. In that case, the barge was there but Neil wouldn't speak to me. So I had him log and boom the barge is gone and I was in the water with the exclamation back. Join sombody's game that is doing one of the early story missions and you should be able to pick it up.

EDIT: Still no trophy, what a BS.

They fixed the trophy by correcting something on the trophy tracker but it's still glitched!

What a frustrating trophy list.

Edited by ipot_04

FINALLY!

I got "The Whole Story" trophy on NG+ using the save file that has 51 side quests completed.

It took me 29 side quests to get the trophy on NG+.

I'm finally done with this game, I won't even check out the hard mode anymore that is coming soon.

I won't buy any Techland games on Day 1 anymore, it's better if I just wait for people to say that the trophy/achievement list is not glitchy or not broken, in short the trophy list would work 100%.

There was  a Glitch in the mission surivivors Guide The map to go back to fallon suddenly went missing And due to this glitch I cannot complete the quest :( im using the xbox one version

The glitch on Safe Houses is that if you join someones game and they take a Safe House without you taking it, it should count as done for you to because in your game the Safe House will be marked as done however this isn't the case me and my friends have been experimenting and in this case you will need to join someone else's game and take some of their safe houses until the Trophy is fixed, and since you take it in "their" game they will be able to get the Trophy as well, the glitch only seems to count if you join someones game and they take the houses not if you join their game and you take them for them.

The side quest glitch is same situation not sure how to fix that one but I do know that if you join someone else's game and complete 1 or 2 side quests with them you won't get the Trophy, all your side quests need to be done in your own game or it glitches.

^ I was annoyed when I never got the Trophies and so me and some friends have completed the game several times to confirm this theory and as far as we can tell it's right on the mark.

The glitch with the barge happened to me. In my own game the exclamation on niel is there, but the barge its self is gone.

How do I fix this? It doesnt even say I completed the side mission he has which is zombieland right?

I finished the whole game including all side missions once on my own, and once by joining a friends coop game. Didn't get the side quest trophy both times. My friend who I played with got it though.

Sucks big time.

Trying a NG+ now, if that doesn't do it I'm gonna give up on the game. It's the last trophy I need for the platinum. What a shame.

Never gonna pre order techland games again. Lesson learned.