Oath Tsunami

Night Hunter Needs A Buff

35 posts in this topic

The problem I see with the Night Hunter is, almost everything you do can be countered unless the UV Light is disabled. People who are talking about: Horde Spit, UV Block, Ground Slam, and Pounce altogether in sync, fail to say how even in mid-air, the pounce can be blocked. Even with a straight up Tackle+Pounce. Tackle makes them look toward you, and when you try to pounce in mid-air, it gives them brief time to UV. This needs to be removed.

Being able to pull off a UV Block+Ground Slam+Pounce, should grant a kill, as the Night Hunter worked for it, not be allowed to get countered in air. This is seriously frustrating as I have done this countless times, and it has worked around 5 times. ONLY because I UV spat. In most cases I attempt to Tackle+Pounce, but them turning around when I go to Tackle, does not help. You could suggest to UV spit beforehand, but my response would be: The spits, unless lead perfectly, or stuck, will most likely not hit their intended target. Insanely easy to dodge. This makes any combination of attacks insanely hard to pull off unless against a newbie. The way to make it more balanced from this prespective would be to remove ability to UV whilst being pounced mid-air.

Zombie horde needs to be better or have more variety. Unless you're there to ensure the hit a good player will always dodge your horde. It's only use seems to be getting people above ground but that's still not very useful.

Night hunter is nice balanced. I playing 1vs4 for night hunter and wining a game

Then those 4 people were absolutely terrible. 1v4 is impossible with a group that knows what they are doing. Hell 1v2 is extremely hard with experienced players. I don't want to be able to rape with the night hunter but i also don't want to be freaking cannon fodder either. The perks for the night hunter are great but they don't do enough to take on more than one player effectively.

Also even if you freaking use the UV block if the player at all not an idiot you can just throw down flares in a corner until the UV flashlight recharges.

I've faced my fair share of games that were 3v1, and 4v1. In these cases, if you are to win, one of two things have happened; 1. They were bad players 2. You outplayed the experienced players multiple times, allowing for 10 kills. The second will most likely never happen, it does happen every now and then, hell, I just finfished a game of 3v1 against 3 experienced players whom lost their momentum after they destroyed the 3rd nest (to underestimation would be my guess).

I feel though the more experienced players (4v1, 3v1 experienced survivors) the harder to kill, but I feel the less number of experienced players in a game (2v1, 1v1), the more impossible they become to kill (due to strength in numbers). I feel the survivors due to their extreme, countering tools, should not benefit as much from playing with more people. In the current state of the game, 4 experienced players = immunity to NH.

Playing against 4 people might be able to be fixed if you have have a 4v2 instead of a 4v1 (or increase amount of UV to disable & counter Pounce). This would most likely bring up other problems such as non-coordinated NH attacks, troll NH who sit back and watch the other get slaughtered, or newbie NHs w/ experienced NHs.

Drop Kick & Death From Above have to be avoidable from the NHs side. Being drop kicked into spikes when you failed a ground pound, is ridiculous. The NH should be able to avoid the Drop Kick the same way survivors evade the Tackle, by a simple jump. Death From Above, this is the anti-strategery. Countless times, I've readied up a Ground Pound to kill the survivors, but because they jumped off of a car, it means I die. I have noticed no way of evasion, even though the slow motion (indicated reaction time span) is present, making me think I can react, but I have tested, and there are no counters to either of these. Having a Ground Pound charged, should allow you to release it stopping the survivor from using Death From Above successfully. I also feel this should make them vulnerable if succeeded, giving time for the NH to kill, as it does with the survivors.

The slow motion is there when the NH Pounces, or Tackles, this small timeframe allows survivors to react to those attacks, as it should with NH for survivor attacks. This slow motion in my opinion, needs a lower activated timeframe, or to be removed altogether.

P.S. If you evade a Tackle, and have the Death From Above perk, you can 180 from the peak of your jump, hold your attack button and Death From Above the NH straight out from the animation allowing no escape time for the NH. Needs a fix.

I've faced my fair share of games that were 3v1, and 4v1. In these cases, if you are to win, one of two things have happened; 1. They were bad players 2. You outplayed the experienced players multiple times, allowing for 10 kills. The second will most likely never happen, it does happen every now and then, hell, I just finfished a game of 3v1 against 3 experienced players whom lost their momentum after they destroyed the 3rd nest (to underestimation would be my guess).

I feel though the more experienced players (4v1, 3v1 experienced survivors) the harder to kill, but I feel the less number of experienced players in a game (2v1, 1v1), the more impossible they become to kill (due to strength in numbers). I feel the survivors due to their extreme, countering tools, should not benefit as much from playing with more people. In the current state of the game, 4 experienced players = immunity to NH.

Playing against 4 people might be able to be fixed if you have have a 4v2 instead of a 4v1 (or increase amount of UV to disable & counter Pounce). This would most likely bring up other problems such as non-coordinated NH attacks, troll NH who sit back and watch the other get slaughtered, or newbie NHs w/ experienced NHs.

Drop Kick & Death From Above have to be avoidable from the NHs side. Being drop kicked into spikes when you failed a ground pound, is ridiculous. The NH should be able to avoid the Drop Kick the same way survivors evade the Tackle, by a simple jump. Death From Above, this is the anti-strategery. Countless times, I've readied up a Ground Pound to kill the survivors, but because they jumped off of a car, it means I die. I have noticed no way of evasion, even though the slow motion (indicated reaction time span) is present, making me think I can react, but I have tested, and there are no counters to either of these. Having a Ground Pound charged, should allow you to release it stopping the survivor from using Death From Above successfully. I also feel this should make them vulnerable if succeeded, giving time for the NH to kill, as it does with the survivors.

The slow motion is there when the NH Pounces, or Tackles, this small timeframe allows survivors to react to those attacks, as it should with NH for survivor attacks. This slow motion in my opinion, needs a lower activated timeframe, or to be removed altogether.

P.S. If you evade a Tackle, and have the Death From Above perk, you can 180 from the peak of your jump, hold your attack button and Death From Above the NH straight out from the animation allowing no escape time for the NH. Needs a fix.

Sounds like my play session tonight. I didn't know about death from above after evading a tackle, that's seriously broken.

The more I play this mode the more I'm convinced that this was balanced around 1v1 low level survivors. If they balanced this using end game survivors (like they should have) there's no way this would have been passed as ok.  OHKs on zombie and nests, survivor sense to track the zombie where ever he is, camoflauge ability to render the hunters tracking useless, ability to counter everything the zombie does, UV flash light that renders the hunter useless at basically all ranges and recharges faster than the hunters energy (I have video evidence of this), no penalty for shooting guns, lack of random zombies to help hold off the survivor and the ones that are there or so useless it's aggrevating for the zombie, etc. I could go on and on but I think you get the point.

With all these things a lone survivor stands more than just a chance against a hunter, he can turn the tables and hunt the hunter. Multiply that by four and it's not even fair for hunters.

Scale Hunter Health to Survivor Level + Weapon Damage, To Add Competition.

Limit or Remove Survivor Sense. Hunter Roar, Footsteps and breathing exposes Hunter location already.

More Nests, Make it 10 5 is to low.

More Players in the Match = More Nest Health, and More AI protection around the Nest.

The more Players in a Match = The Less UV Light each Player has and also takes longer to charge when depleted. This would encourage more Team Work.

Firing a Gun = Automatic Zombie Swarm to Area.

Spits not hitting a Player, still causes Swarm of Virals to Area.

Killing a Survivor shortens Power Cooldowns.

Survivor UV Light lasts far too long, especially in 4vs1.

The more Players vs The Hunter, the shorter each Players UV Light should last. This would Promote more Team Work.

Hunter Spits need to be reworked. Normal Spits should be time delayed as they already are. Charged Spits should Detonate much faster or on contact with a Player or the Environment.

Survivor Sense, should be removed or put on a slow burn timer. The Hunter already eposes His position in 4 Ways.

Heavy Breathing.

Loud Footsteps.

Screaming to locate Players.

When Hit with UV Light.

Night Hunter Health should scale up with ( Survivor Number) (Survivor Level) (Weapon Level) The Hunter is too Fragile especially in 4vs1 Games.

Night Hunter Ground Pound should AOE Extinguish any Flares caught in the Shockwave.

UV light duration needs to be shorter and the recharge rate needs to be longer. Currently if you drain a Night Hunters energy with the last of your UV light the UV will recharge before the Night Hunters energy ever reaches 80%. This makes it so that there is basically no consequence to not using the UV light resourcefully and leaves the Night Hunter no chance to counter the cool down.

First off I agree with you on that the Hunter is completely underpowered and let me explain why.

1. All the Survivor has to is use his survivors sense know where you are camp wait and kill you then destroy the nest rinse and repeat 

2. Because of these duplication glitches a survivor and Max out in of matter of hours this makes match making useless 

3. The fact that a survivor can med kit spam and become immortal simply by dodging and one second later 100% health it's a never ending process 

4. Also the Survivor has unlimited stamina if he's maxed out or when he's not playing on nightmare 

And here are the things I think that techland needs to fix in order to make it more balanced get rid of med kit spamming that's complete BS also shorten the range of the UV light and increase it's CD also make it harder for them to drain his energy 3 seconds come on man that's horse chupacabra and there's one thing I hate it's where you pounce on some one and right at the last second the flick there light and interrupt your pounce BS man it should be 95% 1v1 90% 1v2 85%1v3 80% 1v4 for better balancing also reduce the CD of all the hunters abilitys to 30 seconds or less with out your abilities it's extremely hard to go to tow to tow with them also when a survivor is invaded regardless of skill level or difficulty med kits should have a regenerative ability instead of insta heal and cool down after each use and also regardless of level or difficulty stamina should have a drain meter the fact that they can infinitely Jump Around side step back step and jump and Dodge and wait to drain your energy and then kill you is complete and utter horse chupacabra I also believe if the hunter loses all of his energy he should still be able to jump run or Sprint when his energy is completely drained that way if he needs to escape he still has the option to do so because right now the hunter is completely underpowered and useless against two or more survivors the matchmaking system needs to be instead of level it should be about experience or the different mutations that the zombie has already undergone because the fact that you can be a zero mutation and only a level 10 and be pinned against a level 250 Max Survivor is utter chupacabra also ground pounds and tackles should be more balanced and utilized and more efficient way if someone misses a ground pound it's instant death for you or if somebody misses a tackle they just come up behind you and drop kick you tackles are complete and utter useless it does hardly no damage and they see it coming a mile away I feel like tackle should be harder to evade and do way more damage than they do right now the ground pound animation is too slow bulky and it can be seen coming from a mile away easily dodged and if dodged all they have to do is drop kick you and hit you one time with a two-handed weapon and you're dead ground pound should be faster as well as do a lot more damage than they do right now and if hit a player with a ground pound they shouldn't be able to steal hit you while being thrown in the air or quickly get back up and attack you and kill you in two hits the spits on the hunter or very underutilized and very inaccurate I feel like the blast radius of a spit should be increased by at least 20 to 25% and for beginner to mid-tier Hunters if they were to enable auto aim the accuracy of the spit should be increased by at least 25 to 30% until they are better at using their Spitz and spit slam should also be increased by 30 to 35% AOE for better coverage if these changes were implemented I feel like and more people would probably feel like that the hunter  well be more balanced and the game would be overall more enjoyable to play and if techland where to add these into a patch or an update I would feel like a lot of people especially the people who play as a Survivor would be angry and salty over these changes well that's because you suck at playing this game and you can't do it without glitches exploits duping or spamming and in that case you probably should get better before you start playing Night invasions because despite all the arguing in the world the fact is the Night Hunter is underpowered and the Survivor can easily kill the hunter with little to no problem especially if there are two or more survivors in that Lobby or session 

7 hours ago, Berserker25 said:

First off I agree with you on that the Hunter is completely underpowered and let me explain why.

1. All the Survivor has to is use his survivors sense know where you are camp wait and kill you then destroy the nest rinse and repeat 

2. Because of these duplication glitches a survivor and Max out in of matter of hours this makes match making useless 

3. The fact that a survivor can med kit spam and become immortal simply by dodging and one second later 100% health it's a never ending process 

4. Also the Survivor has unlimited stamina if he's maxed out or when he's not playing on nightmare 

And here are the things I think that techland needs to fix in order to make it more balanced get rid of med kit spamming that's complete BS also shorten the range of the UV light and increase it's CD also make it harder for them to drain his energy 3 seconds come on man that's horse chupacabra and there's one thing I hate it's where you pounce on some one and right at the last second the flick there light and interrupt your pounce BS man it should be 95% 1v1 90% 1v2 85%1v3 80% 1v4 for better balancing also reduce the CD of all the hunters abilitys to 30 seconds or less with out your abilities it's extremely hard to go to tow to tow with them also when a survivor is invaded regardless of skill level or difficulty med kits should have a regenerative ability instead of insta heal and cool down after each use and also regardless of level or difficulty stamina should have a drain meter the fact that they can infinitely Jump Around side step back step and jump and Dodge and wait to drain your energy and then kill you is complete and utter horse chupacabra I also believe if the hunter loses all of his energy he should still be able to jump run or Sprint when his energy is completely drained that way if he needs to escape he still has the option to do so because right now the hunter is completely underpowered and useless against two or more survivors the matchmaking system needs to be instead of level it should be about experience or the different mutations that the zombie has already undergone because the fact that you can be a zero mutation and only a level 10 and be pinned against a level 250 Max Survivor is utter chupacabra also ground pounds and tackles should be more balanced and utilized and more efficient way if someone misses a ground pound it's instant death for you or if somebody misses a tackle they just come up behind you and drop kick you tackles are complete and utter useless it does hardly no damage and they see it coming a mile away I feel like tackle should be harder to evade and do way more damage than they do right now the ground pound animation is too slow bulky and it can be seen coming from a mile away easily dodged and if dodged all they have to do is drop kick you and hit you one time with a two-handed weapon and you're dead ground pound should be faster as well as do a lot more damage than they do right now and if hit a player with a ground pound they shouldn't be able to steal hit you while being thrown in the air or quickly get back up and attack you and kill you in two hits the spits on the hunter or very underutilized and very inaccurate I feel like the blast radius of a spit should be increased by at least 20 to 25% and for beginner to mid-tier Hunters if they were to enable auto aim the accuracy of the spit should be increased by at least 25 to 30% until they are better at using their Spitz and spit slam should also be increased by 30 to 35% AOE for better coverage if these changes were implemented I feel like and more people would probably feel like that the hunter  well be more balanced and the game would be overall more enjoyable to play and if techland where to add these into a patch or an update I would feel like a lot of people especially the people who play as a Survivor would be angry and salty over these changes well that's because you suck at playing this game and you can't do it without glitches exploits duping or spamming and in that case you probably should get better before you start playing Night invasions because despite all the arguing in the world the fact is the Night Hunter is underpowered and the Survivor can easily kill the hunter with little to no problem especially if there are two or more survivors in that Lobby or session 

Hi m8, there is so much false and illogic in your post. I doubt someone will treat it seriously :(. Delete it, rethink it and post it again. But if your intention is to make people laugh... then i want to congratulate you. Your post is hilarious.