Michał Napora

Dying Light Frequently Asked Questions

76 posts in this topic

pre much same thing uv beams and grappling hook chase downs with flare spams and drop kick spams idk man u gotta balance it somehow the hunter on pc almost useless if u time ur little side step even if they get stuck with spit i negates the damage i been seeing this all day today so if my spits cant ever connect ok melee well im still getting two hitted idk how but it still happening 

@dasorrow

Is every Hunter whiny about what the humans can or cant do?

Seriously though, this talk of nerfing things has completely skipped over the most glaring imbalance of all, the range and near unlimited use of the tendrils, range and power of pounce (KO), and the bomber squad, nevermind UV block. I really dont think that any hunter that is yelling about nerfing this or that, (besides legitimate cheating like flare spamming) should have anything to say. You are playing with creative and violent people like me that actively pursue and kill Hunters when it is necessary. Get creative, start doing off the wall things that no-one has done before and enjoy the game as it is made.

Since we are playing "Nerf the Sucker" why not give hunters a world all to their own that they can pounce on hapless and non-creative humans that wont fight back. Oh wait, we already did. How about nerfing weapons into oblivion so we can't kill said Hunter. Get rid of Airstrikes completely and any weapon above green cant be used. Nope, defeats the purpose of trying for hunters and survivors alike. I know, here is a novel idea! 

Lets get back to attacking each other and strategizing our way into a win! Or does every Hunter have the "Woe is me" syndrome? Seriously, Humans aren't easy to kill NPCs but neither are the Hunters. Level up and get tough.

Enough Satire for me, 

Good Night and Good Hunting

@dasorrow

Is every Hunter whiny about what the humans can or cant do?

Seriously though, this talk of nerfing things has completely skipped over the most glaring imbalance of all, the range and near unlimited use of the tendrils, range and power of pounce (KO), and the bomber squad, nevermind UV block. I really dont think that any hunter that is yelling about nerfing this or that, (besides legitimate cheating like flare spamming) should have anything to say. You are playing with creative and violent people like me that actively pursue and kill Hunters when it is necessary. Get creative, start doing off the wall things that no-one has done before and enjoy the game as it is made.

Since we are playing "Nerf the Sucker" why not give hunters a world all to their own that they can pounce on hapless and non-creative humans that wont fight back. Oh wait, we already did. How about nerfing weapons into oblivion so we can't kill said Hunter. Get rid of Airstrikes completely and any weapon above green cant be used. Nope, defeats the purpose of trying for hunters and survivors alike. I know, here is a novel idea! 

Lets get back to attacking each other and strategizing our way into a win! Or does every Hunter have the "Woe is me" syndrome? Seriously, Humans aren't easy to kill NPCs but neither are the Hunters. Level up and get tough.

Enough Satire for me, 

Good Night and Good Hunting

In the nicest way I can put it, dasorrow does not represent the Night Hunter community. He tends to be overly negative on the BtZ boards as well.

Most of us are quite content with the new balancing. Humans and Hunters each have their own powerful weapons/tools, with many of the glitches having been addressed. Duping is still rampant and affects daily BtZ play, but that's something the Devs must deal with. It's out of our hands.

That being said, I can't really see Locomotion or Pounce ever being nerfed. They're pretty staple techniques for the Night Hunter. To remove or lessen Pounce would be like asking Humans to lose the UV Light. Together, they serve a balancing purpose as the Sword an Shield of BtZ. Survivor Sense allows Humans to track the Night Hunter effectively, so there's little reason for Locomotion to receive any speed/distance nerfs.

The same goes with Horde Spit and UV Block. Hunters need weapons that can be effective against multiple players. Horde Spit is the perfect tool for attacking/separating Humans in 1 Vs. 2+, and UV Block ensures Flammers can't take advantage of the metaphorical UV "net" Hunters become trapped in once their shields have been depleted.

In the nicest way I can put it, dasorrow does not represent the Night Hunter community. He tends to be overly negative on the BtZ boards as well.

Most of us are quite content with the new balancing. Humans and Hunters each have their own powerful weapons/tools, with many of the glitches having been addressed. Duping is still rampant and affects daily BtZ play, but that's something the Devs must deal with. It's out of our hands.

That being said, I can't really see Locomotion or Pounce ever being nerfed. They're pretty staple techniques for the Night Hunter. To remove or lessen Pounce would be like asking Humans to lose the UV Light. Together, they serve a balancing purpose as the Sword an Shield of BtZ. Survivor Sense allows Humans to track the Night Hunter effectively, so there's little reason for Locomotion to receive any speed/distance nerfs.

The same goes with Horde Spit and UV Block. Hunters need weapons that can be effective against multiple players. Horde Spit is the perfect tool for attacking/separating Humans in 1 Vs. 2+, and UV Block ensures Flammers can't take advantage of the metaphorical UV "net" Hunters become trapped in once their shields have been depleted.

I am sorry about that Doctor Purrington,

I understand that he does not represent the Night Hunter Community as a whole and I have been going through previous posts and he does have a very negative tone. I just get tired of it and I am not known for keeping my mouth shut. lol 

I enjoy the new balancing as well playing as a human, and unfortunately duping is very much still an issue. Realistically speaking, give a guy an inch and he takes a mile. Everyone and their grandmother these days are looking for ways to break the system.

A majority of what I wrote was in part to take a stab at what Dasorrow said and see if there would be a paradigm shift through use of sarcasm and satire(?) however I also believe that a majority of people have the "Screen Syndrome" where people are perceived as NPCs. I am not going further antagonize the Hunter Community as a whole, I may point out problem children though. lol 

As it where, locomotion systems, pouncing, DFA, Grappling Hook, etc... are vital to the way we play. It just doesnt make sense to nerf one without the other. This was the main stab I was making here, because in my opinion I think the way things are right now for us is absolutely awesome! A challenge but not impossible. (Save people higher than lvl 30 that I have super problems with attempting to win here.) 

Good Night and Good Hunting Doctor Purrington!

I am sorry about that Doctor Purrington,

I understand that he does not represent the Night Hunter Community as a whole and I have been going through previous posts and he does have a very negative tone. I just get tired of it and I am not known for keeping my mouth shut. lol 

I enjoy the new balancing as well playing as a human, and unfortunately duping is very much still an issue. Realistically speaking, give a guy an inch and he takes a mile. Everyone and their grandmother these days are looking for ways to break the system.

A majority of what I wrote was in part to take a stab at what Dasorrow said and see if there would be a paradigm shift through use of sarcasm and satire(?) however I also believe that a majority of people have the "Screen Syndrome" where people are perceived as NPCs. I am not going further antagonize the Hunter Community as a whole, I may point out problem children though. lol 

As it where, locomotion systems, pouncing, DFA, Grappling Hook, etc... are vital to the way we play. It just doesnt make sense to nerf one without the other. This was the main stab I was making here, because in my opinion I think the way things are right now for us is absolutely awesome! A challenge but not impossible. (Save people higher than lvl 30 that I have super problems with attempting to win here.) 

Good Night and Good Hunting Doctor Purrington!

the only thing as both hunter and survivor i believe needs to be changed is just the range on the uv light as i dont think it should be at the range of 5 times pounce just 1 and half (it was meant to be a defensive tool not a hunt the hunter tool) (theres a few bug fixes but they are most likely already being addressed) and the dodge ability(just make it so uv cant be used at the same time as dodge as ive played entire match where someone just dodged nonstop and flashed his light at me dodge spamming is just horrible even more so if they have booster on

to prove my point on my hard mode save with no items except the flashlight(no medkits or throwables) i was 5/4/5 and beat a level 20 hunter i had dodge and flashlight and kept on the move i was just more skilled then the hunter 

but overall the balance is pretty fair as it stands

So far (knock on wood) I've shared none of the issues pointed out by other players. (I'm on PC).

Just wanted to say, this is one hell of a great game concept and so far I've had a lot of fun getting to level 24, at 80%.

Keep up the great work!

Why zombies/biters have no hair it is weird because survivor's have hair virals have hair but biters have no hair in the dying light. Could you explain to me why?

I think its cuz the virals are fresh dead people thats y they can run... and the bitters are more rotten so there hair sluffs off ... like u see some bitters with yellow-green skin and they expele toxin win you kill them....idk if thats why but it makes sence to me

I think its cuz the virals are fresh dead people thats y they can run... and the bitters are more rotten so there hair sluffs off ... like u see some bitters with yellow-green skin and they expele toxin win you kill them....idk if thats why but it makes sence to me

but after 2 month?? Noo.....in walking dead the zombies got often a bit hair....in dying light they all look same because of no hair...it looks terrible....

Will there be a sequel to this game?

its off topic here. but yea, i think they will release another one, since DL was selled nearly 4mio times. you couldnt believe how much money the made after the sponsor warner bros. took his share of the money.

i would even say techland is working on it right now.

Edited by sentinel_deco

Купил игру , уÑтановил , запуÑкаю , чёрный Ñкран и плвующее по нему окно Inpun not supported что делать ?

Have the developers gone too far with the BOZAK HORDE?

The difficulty of that DLC content is utterly unfair and unbalanced; there are no checkpoints, and sometimes the bomb still goes off EVEN WHEN THE TRIAL IS CLEARED OR WHEN THE TIME HASN'T EVEN REACHED ZERO!!!!!!!!!

Techland, I salute you for making this game to be challenging and enjoyable to players of all levels but to have this content's difficulty pushed to such madness seriously shows this team has no respect for the regular casual gamer!!!!!

Your game gets 5/5 but until the checkpoints are added, difficulty toned down and the unfair explosion of leg bombs are fixed, BOZAK HORDE GETS A -100 FOR UNFAIRNESS!!!!!

Edited by Jayson619

Knock knock.....hmmm....someone there? Hmm i think i went in.....HELLO?....is there somebody out there?......hmmm i think i must call the police, looks like a EA epidemic here........hello? Techland? Are you still alive?.......HEEEELLOOOOOOO.....................................................(* pszzszzss * IT'S IN THE GAME)

Why can I not make another New Game Plus file? I've played New Game Plus once already, had fun being awesome from the get go, beat the game again, so why can't I go for the hat trick? Help, please.

When will "Dying Light: The Following" DLC be released??? 

and....

will it be a free download for everyone...or will it be available to the season pass holders plus out for purchase?

Only free for season pass holders.....without season pass it costs 15.99 €/$........but they didnt know the release date own their own now.......i think another month then maybe they say it.....