Michał Napora

Dying Light Frequently Asked Questions

76 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

Here is a Dying Light FAQ that's in the works. 

These are some of the most frequently asked questions that we have coming from you guys, all in one place, with the answers.

We will be updating this list as time goes on.

Q: How can I play online? My friend and I want to play online together but matchmaking seems to be greyed out. My game type is set to Public.

A: What you need to do first is to complete the Prologue first. Once you survive your first night in Dying Light, you will have co-op enabled.

From then on, you are good to create terror in the city as a duo.

Q: How can I turn off Be the Zombie Invasions?

A: Go to Options > Online > Zombie Invasion – that's the place from which you can turn off the Invasions.

Q: At 73% my game bugs out – I cannot move, I cannot hit zombies, everything looks weird. 

A: You are in a trance – it's all part of the game. All I can say is listen and follow your heart…

Q: I can't link my Xbox account with the dockets.dyinglightgame.com site.

A: Log in to your Xbox account through http://live.xbox.com. There might be Terms and Conditions that you might need to accept in order to link your account.

Q: My Dying Light game cannot receive any items from the Dying Light Companion App. 

A: First, make sure you are connected to the Internet. At the bottom of the Main menu screen in the Dying Light game, you can see if you are connected with the Techland servers.  
Second, check to see if the account that you linked on the Weapon Dockets site is the same as the one you are trying link through the App. 

______

Q. Are you working on Dead Island 2 as well?

A: Dead Island IP belongs to Deep Silver. The game is being developed by another company.

Q. How do you plan to support DL after launch? DLCs, bug-fixing, servers, content patches?

A. Dying Light is a AAA title, and it's our biggest and most ambitious project yet. As such, it will get all the support it deserves.

Please post link to a DETAILED Guide for Companion App...aside from just "send scouts on missions and send the loot to your Dying Light character...

Like Viral said, it would be nice if you guys would have fixed the save game issues because playing this game and restarting it over is just a waste of time and money. Pre-ordering this game was a bad mistake and a waste of money.

Yeah you could fix the whole, once you hit LVL 25 survival there's only 5 melee weapons in the game the katana, sacrificial short sword, chupacabra sword, heavy axe, Egyptian Khopesh. and that's it no matter what chest or police van you open that's all there is no hammers, bats, knives,machetes,nothing blunt at all only 2 handguns 1 shotgun and 2 rifles there's really not much in choices after 25 and i'm only on the 2nd main quest i've been running around looking for blueprints, and just killing things, getting air drops, saving people. It's going to be so bland using the same weapons for the rest of the game. There's no way.

Q. How do you disrespect your customers so well?

A. That's a good question.

We so far have not tested the game prio to release to ensure maximum frustration possible, so the bugs are game breaking. Such as save file corruption, crashes, connection issues etc etc.

We then add a little insult to injury by ignoring tickets and forum posts, pretending to work a patch which actually has no effect and giving people irrelevant troubleshooting tips that don't work.

It's been an astounding success so far.

Edited by Speeedy14

Do Devs read this forum?

Only when they find that one member who is praising their work.  Anytime a logical pot is made regarding all the various issues with this title, it falls on deaf ears and blind eyes.

They are listening to all your posts. They are putting a patch through to fix some major bugs like the game save issues and crashing. There is a new post on it if you would read through them. They are doing a good job in my eyes. No game is perfect at launch and it takes time to fix all the issues. This is a great game with incredible developers

Why use sprint must hold L3, can just change to press only ?

you don't need to.

just push for sprint and push for stopping. so i am doing.

Q. How do you disrespect your customers so well?

A. That's a good question.

We so far have not tested the game prio to release to ensure maximum frustration possible, so the bugs are game breaking. Such as save file corruption, crashes, connection issues etc etc.

We then add a little insult to injury by ignoring tickets and forum posts, pretending to work a patch which actually has no effect and giving people irrelevant troubleshooting tips that don't work.

It's been an astounding success so far.

Haha some big child crying here. Thought about there are maybe just about 0.1% of you having such problems? Buy yourself another game - go play Assassines Creed or some other chupacabra.

They will do there Job. Wait for it - otherwise patch it on your own, if you are patchmaster. Retail isn't released yet, so some glitches are accaptable ... for me.

Thank you Techland for this amazing game!

you don't need to.

just push for sprint and push for stopping. so i am doing.

Haha some big child crying here. Thought about there are maybe just about 0.1% of you having such problems? Buy yourself another game - go play Assassines Creed or some other chupacabra.

They will do there Job. Wait for it - otherwise patch it on your own, if you are patchmaster. Retail isn't released yet, so some glitches are accaptable ... for me.

Thank you Techland for this amazing game!

I did not pay 60 bucks for a game I cannot play cooperatively.  

A couple of days ago i could use quick join for online play but now its blacked out ive tryed my network and resets with no joy and have completed 93% of the game any is anyone else having thus issue

Some of the tropihes on PS4 are still glitched even after the 1.2 patch. E.g. It's all in the writing, Tresspassing, Homo Homini Lupus Est, Now it's safe (some people are unable to obtain this) and This is Haraaaan! All of these trophies are glitched and i would appreciate it if these were fixed because then the platinum is within reach for many Dying Light fans!!!

Thanks

Edited by tomosa98

They are listening to all your posts. They are putting a patch through to fix some major bugs like the game save issues and crashing. There is a new post on it if you would read through them. They are doing a good job in my eyes. No game is perfect at launch and it takes time to fix all the issues. This is a great game with incredible developers

Ya.. right... They still have not fixed/removed the most prominent grfx flaw in the game (chromatic aberration) which makes the edges of the screen blurry for no reason and does nothing more than give people headaches. That's the only reason I even bothered to download this patch. I haven't played the game in a month and they can't even fix the damn thing to make it playable..