Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paweł Modliński

Livestream Of Hellraid On Ce6

12 posts in this topic

I didn't get home in time.  :( 
I hope you put it on YouTube soon so I can check it out, I can't wait. 

Edited by Jenilya

I think the game is shaping up really well.  The weapons look like they have some weight to them.  When you got that two handed mace and just started beating things into the ground I thought "Wow, I want to be able to do that!".  It really reminded me of my favorite weapon in Dead Island which was a super heated fire axe.  The best thing about it was the weight.  Whacking regular zombies with it was the greatest thing in the game. The axe's impact would just knock them around like toys.  It makes me SO happy to see that sort of thing in Hellraid.  Keep it up, I can't wait for early access so I can find my own two handed weapon to smash things with.

Great stream guys. I loved most of it. Here are five things that I disliked and liked from the video.

The Bad:

1. Bigger amounts of dust or bits of bone need to fly out when a skeleton dies. Their death looks and feels very generic and unsatisfying.

2. The homing shards and freeze beam from the Ice staff
look unfinished. Is it possible to make the homing ice shards a little bigger and stick to their targets like arrows? The little homing ice shards look very plain. When the little ice shards impact an enemy it looks really bad.

3. The player character's arms look really skinny when he is swinging the 2-handed mace. They should be more muscular.

4.At 2:44 and 15:50 in the video, both smoke effects look unnatural and weird. I couldn't stop thinking about how strange the smoke effect looks. It kind of pulled me out of the game world. Please add a little variation to the way that they rise up into the air. They look out of place. 

5. The ending animation where the player kills Hircus looks very bad. The worst part was when he pulled his sword out of Hircus' neck. The kind of grip that he used to pull the sword out is very awkward. 

The Good:

1. Breaking a barrel or box looks really good. huge chunks fly out in a very good amount. Ice shards hitting enemies and dying skeletons should look this good. 

2. The HUD, UI, and font look great!

3. The world looks amazing!

4. Executing a boss monster is a great idea. Please give us more.

5. I love the sound effects. 

Great feedback, thanks, Korrupt!

Of course, what you have seen in the livestream is still a work in progress. What's more, it's still an early build of the game, soon after we finished the transition to the new engine. A lot of things, like models, animation and special effects will still be improved/replaced, so the problems you mentioned will get the necessary polish.

As for the execution, we have finisher moves planned for every weapon setup and enemy type. And the Hircus wasn't a 'true' boss fight. He's just an introduction to tougher fights in the first level of the game, the real boss monsters are coming, though we are not ready to show them off yet.