bucrepus

Dying Light Cheat Codes

32 posts in this topic

I know a request was made almost a year ago to add cheat codes (for PC) (God mode and the sorts) for single user play. Any word on this? I'm getting older and sometimes get stuck / can't get past some of the levels in newer games. A cheat code here and there makes play more enjoyable and able to continue sometimes. Just wanted to know if these were incorporated..

Thanks,

buc

Edited by bucrepus

since it would make you better than other people online, I believe there wont be any cheat... Imagine if I, as a zombie, go into your game just to find you in god mode... not fair '-' oh.. and even if cheats make you play the game offline... you could get a lot of perfect weapons and go online... so the only way out of this would be something like, if you use a cheat you can never go online... but you have to agree with me that this is not what the dev are looking for.. so... yeah

Edited by NetoJON

I dont get it... why would you out yourself as a cheater, thats kinda stupid dont you think?

on another note, Cheatcodes are a  thing of the past man,
google "Trainers" download and enjoy whatever nasty bugs that comes with it.

But i doubt you´re actually serious

LOL

You guys don't understand what Buc is talking about. The "cheat codes" he mentions is for single player, not adopted in multiplayer therefore you can't use them to ruin other players game. And if you prefer playing like a GOD or you are just stuck, you can use them. (Last time I used cheat codes it was in StarCraft 1 more than 10 years ago. And as it had to be, you could only use it in single player.)

As for trainers... they are hacks and exploits made by 3rd parties. Cheat Codes are made by the developers, so they are safe to use. So please don't give misleading information and bad advice.

C'mon, don't be ignorant. It can be useful for some. If you don't like them, don't use them!

I think he had a fair question after all.

(Though I totally agree that these codes kill fun and challenge, but it is everyone's own play through, so who are we to tell someone else what is fun and what is not?!)

Peace

Edited by Shakaron

I don't mind cheat codes if they are only available after beating the game. Such as in wolfenstein, where when you finish it you can replay the game with unlimited ammo and such. The cheat codes should be a reward for completing a difficult challenge or for beating the game.

I don't mind cheat codes if they are only available after beating the game. Such as in wolfenstein, where when you finish it you can replay the game with unlimited ammo and such. The cheat codes should be a reward for completing a difficult challenge or for beating the game.

Like you might unlock it after killing a certain huge amount of zombies in one go...

I think it sounds like a good idea

Thanks for explaining my position Shakaron... I was getting crucified there for a minute..

I'm a PC gamer. I don't cheat online or when I play others, in fact I haven't seen where SINGLE mode cheats could be used online anyway.... As stated in my first post, I was simply wondering if some codes for SINGLE player would be available for PC, like in most other PC games I have played. 'Cheat' codes are sometimes helpful and each player can choose to use them or not.. Heck.. if you played Fallout, there are hundreds and hundreds of weapons you could get depending on what path you took. After I beat it, I entered some codes that gave me all kinds of unique weapons I wouldn't get on the scenario path I took. It was fun seeing what each weapon would do... Codes that changed your jump height. You could jump on building tops and see different views you would not normally see..That's all I was asking..  Thanks for the responses..

Thanks for explaining my position Shakaron... I was getting crucified there for a minute..

I'm a PC gamer. I don't cheat online or when I play others, in fact I haven't seen where SINGLE mode cheats could be used online anyway.... As stated in my first post, I was simply wondering if some codes for SINGLE player would be available for PC, like in most other PC games I have played. 'Cheat' codes are sometimes helpful and each player can choose to use them or not.. Heck.. if you played Fallout, there are hundreds and hundreds of weapons you could get depending on what path you took. After I beat it, I entered some codes that gave me all kinds of unique weapons I wouldn't get on the scenario path I took. It was fun seeing what each weapon would do... Codes that changed your jump height. You could jump on building tops and see different views you would not normally see..That's all I was asking.. Thanks for the responses..

I apologize if it seemed I was grilling or crucifying you, I did not mean it that way. I was also unaware you were referring to pc, most pc games are standard with some manner of codes or mods from my experience, so it would probably be harmless. Edited by Smokey_Badger

{offtopic} I got rid of destiny 2 weeks in.

I played it for like 3 months, hit lvl 29 struggled for days to hit lvl 30, finally had enough and traded it in, thank god im not one of the suckers who bought the season pass

I played it for like 3 months, hit lvl 29 struggled for days to hit lvl 30, finally had enough and traded it in, thank god im not one of the suckers who bought the season pass

And that is why i get games like dishonored. Where the season pass adds so much extra content or at least to me it seemed like a lot and it wasnt boring content.

{offtopic} i'm also glad i did not buy it.

LOL

You guys don't understand what Buc is talking about. The "cheat codes" he mentions is for single player, not adopted in multiplayer therefore you can't use them to ruin other players game. And if you prefer playing like a GOD or you are just stuck, you can use them. (Last time I used cheat codes it was in StarCraft 1 more than 10 years ago. And as it had to be, you could only use it in single player.)

As for trainers... they are hacks and exploits made by 3rd parties. Cheat Codes are made by the developers, so they are safe to use. So please don't give misleading information and bad advice.

C'mon, don't be ignorant. It can be useful for some. If you don't like them, don't use them!

I think he had a fair question after all.

(Though I totally agree that these codes kill fun and challenge, but it is everyone's own play through, so who are we to tell someone else what is fun and what is not?!)

Peace

I did understand it... but when you play offline with cheats you can get all the good stuff faster than anyone else and easier... so if the cheats dont block you from entering online after using a cheat... then it would be unfair... so no.. there will not be cheats

Edited by NetoJON

The only cheat code I want if any are more ammo (NOT infinite), more health items (NOT infinite), secret costumes, and more durability. Ok, the only infinite thing I'd like is INFINITE DURABILITY of melee weapons since it's realistic (some weapons and objects last forever).

But, I don't mind if none of that exists in the game.

Edited by Nasty_Freak

I don't see this happening as the game is constantly co-op. Even if you turn it off you could easily turn it back on and hop online. It's definitely fun to play with Ghosting, God Mode and other such things, but in a game like Dying Light I don't see it working. Maybe if that save was barred from playing online or only other people with cheats active could join your game and such.

I remember doing resource cheats in Warcraft and Doom back in the day. Definitely a fun way to play the campaign a second time or seeing just how many units you could make, etc.

Besides sounding kinda prickish you are mostly right Smokey_Badger. Cheat codes would reduce this to a very boring game. Part of the fun comes from the challenge and without it it would quickly devolve into snuff po rn with parkour. On second thought let there be cheat codes. lol

Edited by KainDracul

Besides sounding kinda prickish you are mostly right Smokey_Badger. Cheat codes would reduce this to a very boring game. Part of the fun comes from the challenge and without it it would quickly devolve into snuff po rn with parkour. On second thought let there be cheat codes. lol

lol how did I sound prickish? If someone needs cheats they are most likely unable to adapt to the conditions presented, or unable to cope with hardship, which is.....weakness lol

lol how did I sound prickish? If someone needs cheats they are most likely unable to adapt to the conditions presented, or unable to cope with hardship, which is.....weakness lol

Not necessarily. Sometimes it can just be for fun like summoning all the weapons in Grand Theft Auto to cause a bunch of havoc for 15 minutes and such.