Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Hellraid Developers.

225 posts in this topic

Can you implement left-handed fighting?

Everyone swings a weapon with the right hand and holds a shield in the left.

I would like to have an option to have a lefty fighter.

Casting magic with the left hand too!

Can you implement left-handed fighting?

Everyone swings a weapon with the right hand and holds a shield in the left.

I would like to have an option to have a lefty fighter.

Casting magic with the left hand too!

That's a great idea, it must be so annoying for all the left handed people. Wonder how much time and resources it would take to make this happen.

flails flails flails please tell me there will be flails. So many games like these the elder scrolls etc leave them out. if you have different kinds of them i will  be a happy man. I hope you have a one handed flail with 1 to 3 spiked balls. To 2 handed ones with 1 to 3 large mallet type ends.

Err alright i've tried reading most of the comments but there's just so many so I hope I don't repeat unecessary stuff. Here's the points I want to put through:

About refunding points:

Make it hard to refund points. I'd like something in the style of path of exile: you get limited, occasional refund points from quests and occasionally if lucky you can drop refund orbs.

About specialization: 

I understand you get point to specialize in might, agility, intelligence. What i'd like and which might already be done is having to specialize into the weapon types (swords, axes..) and armor types (and shield) otherwise you get penalties; encumbrance penalties, damage penalties, speed, etc.  And then you eventually end up having advantages. It's nice because you lock yourself in a certain type of build, it encourages replayability, roleplay/teamwork, and the like.

More on this, being able to add points directly in life, mana and endurance pool, is nice.

About Quests rewards:

Please make it that you often have to choose a reward from a set of given rewards when you complete a quest, and make it often a passive reward, such as elemental resistances, more HP, more attack speed, etc.

Mobs resistances: 

It's probably already in the game, but just to make sure:

A skeleton gets bashed by a mace, but an arrow will not be very efficient.

A big naked minotaur will get cut open by a 2 handed axe, but won't feel that staff much.

Shields will get bashed by hammers.

And the like. :)

That means the wise hero specializes in a type of weapon, get strong with it, but still knows that there's stuff out there that won't be bluffed by his super monk staff skills, so if the wise hero is wise enough then he also knows that that 1 handed axe he carries around might come handy at times too.

Attack system:

I'd really like to see something in the style of mount and blade, where you swing depending on the mouse movement, and you can hold that swing and/or stop mid air. Also the down attack being a thrust.

Attack modes would be good too, for weapons like the halberd for instance; to switch from axe/hammer side to the pointy side.

Stealth:

It's a hack and slash, right, but it would be great if you can actually stealth your way around and mess up the enemy that way. Sneaking, backstabbing, smoke bombs, temporary invisibility, etc.

Summoning:

Is summoning possible? Or charming creatures? It's just great to have zombies doing your bidding, you know. Demons are even more cool.

Weapon elemental, spell effects:

Could be cool to specialize into a weapon element of choice. Fire, ice, lightning, poison, etc. I'm thinking of path of exile again, where there are ways to convert your physical damage into elemental damage, and also there are ways to get secondary effects. I hit this zombie with my one handed mace, how about when I give him the death blow he catches on fire and all his other pals around too? Maybe chance based effect, critical based effect, death triggered effect, something etc. Would be cool if you guys come up with something around these lines.

Hope you find some time to read this, thanks and peace!

Amulets, rings BELTS: 

I've seen hellraiser post,  whyyyyy no amulet and rings!!!!!! (AND beltss) riot!!!

I would be surprised if there where none in the game.

More on mobs res:

Zombies burns well. Burning a zombie with an attack/spell burns him big time and turns him into a pack of bones (and occasionally into a skeleton mob). On the other hand, zombies are quite resistant to cold.

More on zombies: Bashing them with a blunt hit will "kill them", but there's a random chance they'll raise back again after they are dead. Cutting them and burning them is the way to go.

Skeletons are vulnerable to cold (ice), their movement hinders, bones ceases articulating and cracks and break in pieces of ice. On the other hand, they are resistant to burning. Not to mention arrows and piercing damage in general.

Big chupacabra minotaurs mocks fire and cold, but they dislike lightning. After all, they are dungeons-crawlers, they like the dark and they are not familiar with the thunder. But they are still big chupacabra beef, so lightning is not going to break them, just pack a bit more of a punch on them.

(the ideas above are suggestions based on my logic which I hope is logic enough to most and fitting to the lore of Hellraid, it follows the (basic) ideas of my precedent post about mobs res)

The reason to me why the emphasis on these features is really important is so that each builds have their own strenght and weakness, and no build can truly be perfect and breeze through the game. Some people will hate skeletons, some people will love em. Again, this encourages replayability, teamwork/roleplaying and just overall variety to the challenges.

ahh...! how i wish i could work with you guys on this game, it surely must be a blast to work on this game! I hope my suggestions can inspire and if they are already in the content of the game then it's just great. a good continuation to all of you and have fun.

Also plz can we have some arousing stuff in Hellraid? for example, some parts of undead or demonic creatures females where we can see... unholy skin. thanks. and i await your feedback on this

Also plz can we have some arousing stuff in Hellraid? for example, some parts of undead or demonic creatures females where we can see... unholy skin. thanks. and i await your feedback on this

Ha you naughty little thing you lol.There will probably be some on the deamon women but hopefully not the skeletons skyrim :lol: .

Haha Uncle Pappy Wouldn't it be great though? :P

btw

There's another idea I want to suggest which would add to top-tier content. It's a bit complicated to explain but here:

The idea is that you could find glyphs in some parts of the game which could be used to go back to previous dungeons. Each glyph could be used to open a deeper, unexplored area in each of the previous dungeons.

Now let's imagine you go back to the dungeon of rot, you open deeper areas, go through them and at the end you receive a scroll, and when you read it you could choose a raid reward related to the dungeon theme.

Say for instance if it's a crypt, with lots of tombs, skeletons, etc. in it, then you would have to choose among rewards such as:

+% dmg against undead, +% passive resistance to curses, +1 limit to summoned skeleton minions, etc.

and then the dungeon of rot could go as: 

+% poison dmg inflicted, +% passive resistance to poison, summoned zombies do aoe poison cloud dmg when they die.

mystical dungeon of gods?

+% elemental damage with weapons/spells, +% passive res to elemental dmg, +% increase aura radius and/or +% aura effect 

The interesting part is that you can only choose one reward per glyph, and furthermore, the amount of glyphs you find in the game could be equal to the number of dungeons or maybe a little bit less, so you have to choose which dungeons to explore further, and which reward to choose from those dungeons  (though you could use the glyphs to open the same dungeon more than 1 time, to get another of its reward, and perhaps be able to take the same reward a 2nd time too (maybe some could be picked only once, or otherwise each reward could be picked a maximum of 3 times).

So you ask me, how about the co-op? Then here's another cool top tier feature for that: when you help a teammate, HE uses his glyph, and HE gets his reward at the end (and he should also be the only one making exp otherwise it would unbalance campaign), but if teammates follow him, then those teammates would receive champion points (something like that) for completing the raid. Champion points would be spent in mission mode to get champion raids "the raids where you raid like a champion". Rewards for these quests could be more rewards to choose from (you can never have too much), could go from unique reward items (but plz dont make unique items stronger than rare items, just make them have unique features that would make unique builds possible (like in, you know, path of exile :D )) to cosmetic effects. PS: these champion raids would provide XP only for the one who spent his champion points to open the raid. They got only one go though, if they die, they have to go back to find more champion points!

So there, I hope this could be inspiring/helpful for top-tier content. I hope my ideas don't piss off anyone too, they're just ideas, and i welcome any1 to elaborate further more on it. peace

Haha Uncle Pappy Wouldn't it be great though? :P

btw

There's another idea I want to suggest which would add to top-tier content. It's a bit complicated to explain but here:

The idea is that you could find glyphs in some parts of the game which could be used to go back to previous dungeons. Each glyph could be used to open a deeper, unexplored area in each of the previous dungeons.

Now let's imagine you go back to the dungeon of rot, you open deeper areas, go through them and at the end you receive a scroll, and when you read it you could choose a raid reward related to the dungeon theme.

Say for instance if it's a crypt, with lots of tombs, skeletons, etc. in it, then you would have to choose among rewards such as:

+% dmg against undead, +% passive resistance to curses, +1 limit to summoned skeleton minions, etc.

and then the dungeon of rot could go as: 

+% poison dmg inflicted, +% passive resistance to poison, summoned zombies do aoe poison cloud dmg when they die.

mystical dungeon of gods?

+% elemental damage with weapons/spells, +% passive res to elemental dmg, +% increase aura radius and/or +% aura effect 

The interesting part is that you can only choose one reward per glyph, and furthermore, the amount of glyphs you find in the game could be equal to the number of dungeons or maybe a little bit less, so you have to choose which dungeons to explore further, and which reward to choose from those dungeons  (though you could use the glyphs to open the same dungeon more than 1 time, to get another of its reward, and perhaps be able to take the same reward a 2nd time too (maybe some could be picked only once, or otherwise each reward could be picked a maximum of 3 times).

So you ask me, how about the co-op? Then here's another cool top tier feature for that: when you help a teammate, HE uses his glyph, and HE gets his reward at the end (and he should also be the only one making exp otherwise it would unbalance campaign), but if teammates follow him, then those teammates would receive champion points (something like that) for completing the raid. Champion points would be spent in mission mode to get champion raids "the raids where you raid like a champion". Rewards for these quests could be more rewards to choose from (you can never have too much), could go from unique reward items (but plz dont make unique items stronger than rare items, just make them have unique features that would make unique builds possible (like in, you know, path of exile :D )) to cosmetic effects. PS: these champion raids would provide XP only for the one who spent his champion points to open the raid. They got only one go though, if they die, they have to go back to find more champion points!

So there, I hope this could be inspiring/helpful for top-tier content. I hope my ideas don't piss off anyone too, they're just ideas, and i welcome any1 to elaborate further more on it. peace

You sir or madam are a gentalman gentallady and a scholar.

First off I wanted to say that Hellraid looks amazing can't wait to play.

My biggest beef with some games revolves around missing; repeated; overlooked features.

1.) Task that have to be repeated because the player can't save because of an auto save only feature. Auto-saves are nice in the event the user forgets to manually save. I feel a manual save option is a must in single player games.

2.) Slow or delayed reaction time during combat drives me crazy, I know sometimes this issue is dependent on hardware but it's important to be optimized.

3.) Knocked down and die, I understand allowing a player to be knocked down but I feel the player should have a chance to recover from being knocked down! It would also be nice that a player could have the choice to play dead long enough to fool the NPC's to believing their job is done! food for thought...

4.) I tend to be somewhat of a completionist so having the option to return to a room is important, also sometimes scripted events will sometimes prevent the player from grabbing an item that he/she was intending to get before the event was triggered!   

I didn't see any of these issues in the demo's I've seen but I just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Can't wait to play Hellraids been at the top of my Steam wishlist now since I saw the first demo. It's good your putting so much time into what I think will be one of the best new IP's of 2015. 

As far as i know, there are 4 classes to choose in this game( Warrior, Rogue, Paladin, Mage). And i have a few questions as well as suggestions.

1. If i choose Mage class, can i become a battle mage( a mage with light armor and light weapon)? 

2. How many kind of spells will we have in this game? Could we have dark magic like necromancy, soul magic as attack spell and witchcraft spell types?

3. A true paladin will have holy magic(healing spell, anti devil and anti undead magic as attack spell). For example: Holy light and aura... 

and i'm expecting my paladin have a spell type which turn his sword into a flame sword or other elements (lightning, ice...).

4. Rogue will be good at daggers, compact weapon and ranged weapon but will this class have skills like creating traps, bombs, making poisioned weapon?

You can no longer choose a class. It is now an open system for you to pick and choose what skills/abilities/passives you want. It is shown in some of the gameplay videos. 

I hope the large team means you guys can expand on some character customization. I recall before you said it would be limited, though with the bigger team I would love to see some basic type of character creation (at least). Gender, hair, faces (even pre-set), etc... 

I hope the large team means you guys can expand on some character customization. I recall before you said it would be limited, though with the bigger team I would love to see some basic type of character creation (at least). Gender, hair, faces (even pre-set), etc... 

Yes i would like this too.

Hi!

first of all, english is not my first language so, sorry if I make mistakes.

While i was desperately  waiting for news about this game i saw again the last live gameplay and i got some questions/suggests to make.

1) hit with the tip and the edge:

I don't see any thrust attack in the video, i think it's an important combat mechanic and it's allow more movement diversity and freedom.

This gives a satisfying feeling to stab with a dagger or a sword or even to push a hammer in the enemy stomach. (sound like a psycho)

The kill move against the first boss is an example but as it'scripted, it's not THAT satisfying.

I am afraid of the "left/right/power attack routine".

2) more than a path

I understand this will not be an open world but i really hope there will be more than a path to follow, like secondary quest/dungeon/village.

3)Verticality

Could we explore sometimes the upper part of the levels and climb on stuff?

4)friendly fire as an option

For public servers, i understand it would be a bad idea (trolls, PK and other stupid people exists) but if i play with trusted friends it would add an other strategic dimension and immersion to fighting.

Finally for what i  have read on this post i strongly agree with :

-the female  character  choice: for a multiplayer game it's very important to have a lot of characters diversity and i also suggest a character editor (think about it please).

I don't know the story but i can't understand why it' so important for the hero to be male and why it will ruin the scenario if he had an uterus...

-the pvp : i don't care if it's not balanced, i just, sometimes, want to know "who's the strongest?".

-Mods or/and level creator: simply for the huge replayability value. 

Thanks for the reading and i really hope to see more news shortly.

Edited by genosias

Some stuff i'd like to add. I tried to cover over the suggestions made but i didn't see this exact point, and my search terms showed no results.

1) hit with the tip and the edge:
I don't see any thrust attack in the video, i think it's an important combat mechanic and it's allow more movement diversity and freedom.
This gives a satisfying feeling to stab with a dagger or a sword or even to push a hammer in the enemy stomach. (sound like a psycho)
The kill move against the first boss is an example but as it'scripted, it's not THAT satisfying.
I am afraid of the "left/right/power attack routine".

I would like to expand on this point a bit. I had the same first thoughts about thrust attacks when i watched that footage. I figured by the time the game was ready for release or with skill progression there would be some thrust or lunge attack. What i'm interested in however is some kind reward system for precise or accurate striking. I think it is an incredibly fun and satisfying mechanic that adds realism and diversity to enemy encounters, and helps to realistically balance the damage output between a giant hammer and a sword. If armor is considered as a flat damage reduction  then the giant hammer should be most effective, but if you factor in the lethality in precise placement of the sword you can balance the 2 weapons with more then just AttackSpeed x Damage and also reward skill/accuracy.

Attack in armor/helmet gap
An attack between armor plates should have a variable armor penetrating effect on the enemy. If there is a gap in the helmet (eye holes) then a precise thrust into the eye should deal lethal damage. You still need to get past the enemies guard or they will just block the attack. 

This mechanic would only apply to enemy's when it would make sense for the enemy to have a weak point. A skeleton doesn't care if you stab it carefully in the eye, its bone structure just needs to be crushed or smashed to pieces. 

The ideas here are inspired from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

Hey i just watched the video of your live stream on YouTube. 

I thought that the Lightning that was being shot out of the staff looked very cheesy. The yellow color of it did not seem right, and the lightning animation coming out of the staff seemed really weird.

I know it was a early preview and you guys said you were going through and fixing animations and all that, but I'd figure I'd say what I thought needed some tuning.

ALSO......

Are Bows going to be part of the game? or just Crossbows and throwing knives?

First thing i wanna to thank you for amazing job on this game and brilliant 
experience... I own this game and i cant wait to see how Crane story will continue.
I have an idea of it and i wanna hear your opinion.
I could start next dlc with same video but little diferent:
In last video in The Following dlc when Crane finally get out and he turned...
then should quick twist back and there should be Brecken whose running
 to him with a cure from Dr. Camden.
Next should be a short video how Dr. Camden doing some tests on Crane in his lab
 and give him some samples what Crane should use when his watch warn about night. 
After this you should hunt Night hunters for tissue samples for Dr. Camden so he will craft for you
 more samples of it. And something new for a game: if you did not use samples
 when night is coming you will turn to that monster at night.
And there is place for story as long as Dr. Camden will find the cure for you.
Sorry for my English... Its not my native language.
Best regards from your fan DiP43ck.
GOOD NIGHT & GOOD LUCK

and 60fps should be great

Edited by DiP43ck