Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Dying Light Developers.

2,000 posts in this topic

Techland think before you do something.

But That's the problem, you can't. You guy's never have an idea for Dying light. All your fans are complaining over Dying light and you guy's are doing nothing, but only sit on your chupacabra all the time. Dying light is a crappy game right now and you guy's have to do something about it.

CAMOUFLAGE:

Make the length it lasts for depending on the strength of the infected that you use.

Make the length it lasts for decrease in the rain, obvious really.

QUARANTINE ZONES:

If you are on easy, then they are available from the start.

If you are on hard mode, then make them available after first assignment.

If you are on nightmare mode, then make them available after airdrop.

INFECTED:

I though they were hungry to eat your flesh, but, they are not. Quite often they stand there in a group moaning about the price of plasters etc and not attack me. Yes, I am on nightmare mode, and, yes they are harder to kill when they decide to attack you. On a few occasions I have had a female infect start moving towards me and then stop, inspect her nails turn around and walk away, only the female infected do this why not the male infected.

Do techland really look in here and act upon the suggestions, or even some of the suggestions?

Edited by littletaff

I'd like for the Linux version of Dying Light to be made available on GOG. I'd really like to play it and would've bought it there long ago (as well as numerous gift keys as gifts for friends & prizes for giveaways), but at present only the Windows version is available there :(

Difficulty level:

Mae the level fixed after you have complete airdrop, by that I mean if you complete airdrop on easy then that is what the rest of the game will be in.

Infected agression:

Make them want to eat you instead of them standing in a group discussing where to go, yes they are harder to kill on nightmare but they are not agressive enough it is as though some of them are vegetarians, well only for a short time at least.

SMG Ammo:

Currently, on Normal difficulty, you can purchase high quantities of ammo from merchants. Problem is, SMG ammo (and bolts) can only be bought at The Following merchants, and not at base game merchants.
Considering the fact that base game merchants sell SMGs (engraved barrel smg, an example) tells me it shouldn't be that difficult to include that part in the code.

Due to matchmaking restrictions from game mods and negligible gameplay change (because you can already buy enough ammo to survive a whole night of constant shooting) I think it doesn't impact balance much, if at all, while still enabling players to freely use SMGs in the base game maps.

Take notice that SMGs are very fun to use as they're quite different from military rifles, and not enabling players like me to purchase unlimited quantities of ammo for them just restraints the fun.

Recently I was having a problem getting my save file to become a New Game+. I reached out to the support team and we went around and around. I finally was able to fix it myself but it took finding the Chemical Storage quest. When I had ANY of the DLC quests active it would not allow me to do the New Game+. Because of this glitch and what I had to do in order to fix it I believe that somewhere in the programming there is an issue with ANY DLC and starting the game over as New Game+.

Dying Light was a perfect game in my opinion, so I don't really have much suggestions for the sequel, because I know Techland already knows what they are doing with this genre and this series. So i just have a request, Can we please have a 3rd Person Camera option for the sequel. I know that means you have to animate the main player character to accommodate the new camera POV but man nothing would make me happier than to see my character as he parkours, drive vehicles and chop zombies to bits. Plus having this option would allow you to have more customization options for your character.

four gadgets that I think would be awesome in dying light.

1. A Boomerang that you can upgrade that auto tracks up to 3 targets and has a 50% base chance to cut of limbs or the head of Biters, Virals. Also if there is only one zombie (such as a goon.) and you have the upgrade you can hit him with all three hits at one time. and as long as the boomerang durability runs out and break. it will try to return to you. but if it hits an impassable wall it will just break. and you will have to build a new one. and can also be upgraded/built as a fire/toxic/impact/electricity as well as slowing.

2. A Sentry Turret. I was thinking of a turret that auto fires on enemies you place it on the ground. the level one turret can only fire in one direction at a 35 degree radius of where you place it. (only 1 turrets can be out at the same time) a level 2 it can fire anywhere in front of it in a 180 degree arc and one turret can be active and one on standby until the other turret is destroyed or recovered by you. and does more damage and shoots more bullets in each burst and can fire faster. A level 3 turrets. 2 active turrets can be deployed at the same time. they can stick to walls and ceilings for 60 seconds before falling to a position on the floor. can fire in a full 360 degree arc. can have armor piercing, explosive, incendiary, shock, and impact bullets. has more armor and health and can be recovered from a distance for less parts than what you built it with.

3. a Sentry Bot. pretty much the same as a sentry turret. except it can move with you and has basic climbing and jumping abilities and can stick to walls. maximum deployed sentry Bots would be 2. can be recovered for less parts. instead of a blueprint to instantly build stronger ones. it will have one level bar that raises as it POWERS, AGILITY, and SURVIVES. that more or longer it does the more upgrades it gets by itself.

4. Would have to be a mech or power armor that can be used in the city. It might be a bit much to ask for an upgradeable suit that you can wear and you can customize and upgrade. plus you would take no fall damage. I think that this item would have to be an extremely hard to get item after the main story. but can be used in the following or other DLC areas with some restrictions.

I would just like more wacky and weird ways to take out zombies. It is very fun. but after you 1000th Volatile kill you want more ways to have fun. I think you the Developers did an awesome job on this game. it is a lot of fun. And I hope you will take my suggestions seriously. hmm I just thought of something else. what about a drone that can fly with you and help you out. for every battery you give it it can fly for another 2 hours of real time.

anyways have a good day. And I can't wait for Dying Light 2 ^_^

One thing I noticed last night that I would really like implemented is during co-op it should be the hosts decision to skip any cut scenes, not anyone playing. I suggest this as during my stream last night someone joined and then skipped a big part of the beginning, which did annoy me and the viewers also, now I will have to play private by invite only to stop players doing this which is a shame.

I hope this mssg gets read!!!

I am a huge fan of dying light and i hope you make a part 2 of dying. hopefully if its added want my idea in dying light one or if its made, part 2.

What i hope gets added is

Customization, as in adding or changing the clothing that the character has, and haircuts in the intro of the game, and finding clothing at random

Customizations of safe houses as in, you can add things like barbed wire, UV lights, and or spikes, (etc), on a house that you can buy and upgrade your safe house that you find, but limit the upgrades by your skill lvl (making the house official is by adding 1 bed and 1 sachel) and it can be taken by the dead if not protected well...even at night.

Snipers and silencers for each weapon

I have more ideas for a part 2 or dlc. Thank you

(If a part 2 is made) Being able to transfer the account from part 1 to part 2

I hope this mssg gets read!!!

I am a huge fan of dying light and i hope you make a part 2 of dying Light. hopefully if its added want my ideas in dying light part 2.

What i hope gets added is

Customization, as in adding or changing the clothing that the character has, and haircuts in the intro of the game, and finding clothing at random

Customizations of safe houses as in, you can add things like barbed wire, UV lights, and or spikes, (etc), on a house that you can buy and upgrade your safe house that you find, but limit the upgrades by your skill lvl (making the house official is by adding 1 bed and 1 sachel) and it can be taken by the dead if not protected well...even at night.

German sheperd that later in the story gets bitten and dies but then you get a new one that saves you from a new type of enemy that was about to kill you.

Part of a new story should be a guy that you friend that later betrays you and your group by breaking an entrance and letting the dead in, reason he did it was so that a, or the drug or warlord doesnt kill him.

Snipers and silencers for each weapon

I have more ideas for a part 2 or dlc. Thank you contreras956david@gmail.com

(If a part 2 is made) Being able to transfer the account from part 1 to part 2, if its made please keep the style of part 1 as in the first person parkour things.

Edited by David_c
Forgot to add something

Some games have this, but for some reason it's not very common: Equipment / items such as chalk, spray paint, or glow-sticks, used to mark an area already explored / visited. Some would argue that already-open toolboxes, chests, and the like is sufficient clue, but marking a building wall with an X would save time.

This would be a very nifty feature in large open-world games such as this, where maps are complex.

1 hour ago, gremlinkurst said:

Some games have this, but for some reason it's not very common: Equipment / items such as chalk, spray paint, or glow-sticks, used to mark an area already explored / visited. Some would argue that already-open toolboxes, chests, and the like is sufficient clue, but marking a building wall with an X would save time.

This would be a very nifty feature in large open-world games such as this, where maps are complex.

Not sure how this would be useful as chest and boxes all respawn from what i have seen 

(rolling of eyes heavenward) That's not the POINT, man. I'm talking about when you are exploring a map BETWEEN SAVES or CHECKPOINTS. If you don't get it, you wouldn't understand the explanation (which has already been given). You're an obvious noob. I've been gaming since 1978. 'Nuff said.

On 1/7/2017 at 0:17 PM, Turbo said:

Techland think before you do something.

But That's the problem, you can't. You guy's never have an idea for Dying light. All your fans are complaining over Dying light and you guy's are doing nothing, but only sit on your chupacabra all the time. Dying light is a crappy game right now and you guy's have to do something about it.

Troll. And you don't even know what a chupacabra is, buddy. I see nothing constructive in your post; it's just plain inflammatory, devoid of intellect.

7 minutes ago, gremlinkurst said:

(rolling of eyes heavenward) That's not the POINT, man. I'm talking about when you are exploring a map BETWEEN SAVES or CHECKPOINTS. If you don't get it, you wouldn't understand the explanation (which has already been given). You're an obvious noob. I've been gaming since 1978. 'Nuff said.

Troll. And you don't even know what a chupacabra is, buddy. I see nothing constructive in your post; it's just plain inflammatory, devoid of intellect.

Wow was just looking for a civil debate

PS still think your idea is pointless but whatever  

I am being civil. And like I said, if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand—and I reiterate: I already explained my reasoning…noob.

7 minutes ago, gremlinkurst said:

I am being civil. And like I said, if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand—and I reiterate: I already explained my reasoning…noob.

your reasoning is chupacabra just saying 

You complete DOLT. You just proved my point: You have no idea what a chupacabra is. Algunas veces es soprendiente y asombroso como estupido los cretinos congenitales estan. Baboso estupido.

Mira, tonto: If you don't have anything constructive to say, STFU.

Edited by gremlinkurst
Add information

On 1/15/2017 at 1:51 PM, adamhm said:

I'd like for the Linux version of Dying Light to be made available on GOG. I'd really like to play it and would've bought it there long ago (as well as numerous gift keys as gifts for friends & prizes for giveaways), but at present only the Windows version is available there :(

Just curious: Why GOG? Why not Steam? I mean, aside from the OBVIOUS problem that Steam has woefully insufficient coverage of games on Linux platforms. The ONLY reason I operate Windows platforms is because [game] developers ignore the intelligent market. Linux file systems are infectable only by IDIOTS [ignoring root permission warnings], and the file systems don't fragment.

As a hardline computer scientist, I must say Windows platforms BLOW. Any moron can administer Windows, but it takes a little education and some BRAINS to competently manage a FREE Linux distro. God forbid people should actually pick up a textbook or two!

On 1/29/2017 at 0:04 PM, KingOfHarran said:

SNIPER RIFLES!!

and a WINTER DLC.   snow, zombies, buggy, night time....I love dying light.

Definitely. Dead Island franchise has sniper rifles.

On 5/28/2014 at 7:51 AM, Suisidel said:

I would love to see the ability to build or board up a safe house in the coop gameplay... that way you and your 3 friends can roam around find a good building and then hunker down... and then zombies attack your base at night... if it isn't strongly built then they have a chance to get in... at that point you have too fight them off or run... 

Maybe have a sewer system exit as a get away? Traps just in case they get in? that kind of thing, makes the coop game-play more team oriented... 3 people go out in the day time 1 stands guard they have too pick up supply's to re-enforce the base...

At night if one of your guys gets caught out and makes a break for the safe house but ends up attracting a horde... he gets in the safe house but the horde starts attacking the safe house to which you then have too hope your safe house holds (unlikely) or you all escape... 

Would this be possible? 

It would be so fun making your own base....