Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Dying Light Developers.

1,990 posts in this topic

I think that adding simple option and animation of looking at the watch during game to check what time is it would be very climatic in this game. What do You think guys?

What can I say other than please make Dying light 2. Don't change too much (that always kills the sequels). Love the fighting, love the parkour, the climbing, all of it. Would gladly pay for essentially the same game with a different story.

However I'd say make it a bit harder. The one thing is too much stuff to loot. I have millions of "things" and never ever want for anything. I've never built a flare, or a medkit. Found too many in drops. Make it REALLY scrounging, like spamming flares in an emergency really uses up a key asset. That would make it harder (less bullets, less flares, less explosives - but make explosives a bit more deadly to the zombies. I'd rather have one explosive that can kill everything it hits than 10 that take 1/10 their hitpoints) just give us less stuff. Should be all mellee with the occasional bullet or explosive when needed against big guys and flares and medkits hard to come by (at least in nightmare)

almost a perfect zombie game, but there are some things which i miss:

ZOMBIES:

- i miss military and swat zombies, i mean there are plenty of police cars on the streets but barely police zombies. Also, since this game plays in turkey, i miss some zombies wearing islamic clothes, for womens hijab/niqab, and for mens jubbah for example.

ENVIRONMENT:

- Ive noticed, that there arent any military vehicles on the street. In the storyline, the military is active but outside harran city. In such a situation, the police wouldnt be active alone, military would be there too. Some humvees, tanks, troops transporters etc would be nice (ofcourse not drivable).

- Another thing is, the repeat of current vehicles on the streets, i would love to see more different vehicle models with different variants (for example, a BMW like vehicle in black, blue etc color).

WEAPONS:

- I know that this game is more a melee fighting game than a shooter game, but more weapons would be good. A huge arsenal doesnt mean that you will get much easier to firearms. they just need to be rare or placed in a good hide.

- Also, upgrades and attachements (dotsight, reflex sight, flashlights and laser sights etc) for firearms would be nice.

ITEMS

- it would be good if the flashlight is a item you have to select from your inventory that is also holding on your hands. I mean not a invisible flashlight you carry everytime everywhere, but like here: http://cdn.mmos.com/wp-content/gallery/no-more-room-in-hell-overview/no-more-room-in-hell-flashlight.jpg This would also give flashlight attachement of weapons a sense, when you hold a rifle, you cant hold a flashlight at the same time. For pistol, you could do it like in no more room in hell: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-atWkCAJtWb8/TuveuHN1f7I/AAAAAAAAAv4/8EiOnzTu3Ww/s1600/NoMoreRoomInHell3.jpg when holding a pistol and you press the flashlight button, he start to hold the flashlight with the second hand, maybe would makes the pistol inaccurate then.

- Since this game has night, a nightvision would be helpful.

GAMEPLAY:

- Adding a hunger and thirst system would be great.

- I miss the alcohol drinking like in dead island.

overall, i am happy with dying light. But thanks to modsupport, i think the community can add most, if not, all of these things sooner or later as a mod.

Well first thing I'd enjoy seeing is quite a few things which I have made a list of.

1) The repair counter, good idea but not so in the long run. I think I'd enjoy seeing someone in the game that could repair broken items for money/ resources. Because what the player does is Jury rig the weapons. it legs them last longer but it isnt a repair. 

2) changes to the challenges, no one in their right mind would agree to them especially with a time limit it kind of trivialises the zombies instead, running challenges should be about getting supplies to safe houses quickly, killing challenges it states you need to teach people how to fight so why can't you set up this camera and doc some moves  in front of it while staying above a certain health level.

3) Another isn't much of a change but I'd like to see some fighting styles Katana style, some martial arts. There is some but nothing you use a lot.

I was just thinking it would be neat to change up the way the game looks - We have the poster filter which is a bit much, but how about a cel-shaded filter?  I don't know if this is technically possible, but it would almost make it like a new game.  I don't know if you can fake it with SweetFX or whatever, but it would be nice to have it be a supported filter.

Thanks.

-- Anxarch

Whilst playing dying light the following, I encountered a crossbow and instantly thought of an idea for a second, large scale DLC.

-Story

The DLC would be called The Hunted and is about a large food shortage in The Tower. It takes place 3 years after the outbreak and is a completely different timeline than The Following. Crane finds a map while looking for food that leads to a way out of Harran. The map says scribbled across the top, The Grounds. He tells Lina that he will find this strange "Grounds" place and sets out on discovering it. He arrives via sewer, similar to The Following, but crawls out of an abandoned volatile nest to a large Forest. Crane finds an old man in a small log cabin named Jafir. Jafir is at his deathbed when crane finds him and the tells crane to take care of his 'zone' and not to let Cysiar have it. He dies as he hands Crane his rifle. Crane learns that the surrounding hunters are Cysiar's food suppliers, including Jafir, but Jafir didn't want to serve Cysiar because he was a warlord 3 times more powerful than Rais ever was. Cysair forces Crane to hunt and sell him the meat for basically nothing in return. Techland, I'll leave you up to the twist.

-Game Play Aspects

.The character is introduced to wildlife and *more* herbs

.The character is introduced to weapon modifications.

.The character is introduced to tree parkour.

.The character is introduced to new firearms and the new skill tree of Hunting.

.The character is introduced to 'zones' which are specific areas of which hunter will hunt for food.

.The character will have to take into account the population of wildlife and zombies in Jafir's zone.

.If the character runs out of wildlife they will have to resort to poaching, which can get the character targeted by the zone owner.

.If the character's zombie population is to large (fences being broken; gates falling down) they will begin to infect the wildlife and cause Zombails (zombie animals). If the character hunts the Zombails and sells the meat to Cysiar or other hunters, they may get targeted by Cysiar or hunters, if the hunters don't die first.

.If the character murders/poisons a hunter, they can steal there zone and hunt off it without worry of being targeted. This makes you gain more income for repairs and upgrades to the zone, and weapons for fighting zombie attacks and for scavenging abandoned log houses.

.The Hunting skill tree allows for the ability to slow time when aiming, create modifications for weapons,  increase accuracy and precision, access to more modifications based around the new herbs, and improvements to tree parkour.

I see a lot of complains (some nicely worded, some outright whining) about the nerfs to gun damage...

Please do not go back to the insane boost to gun damage! I play on nightmare, and with 0/25 points into firearm damage with a regular 2500 damage semi-auto shotgun, my friend and I are having no trouble killing Volatiles, even the alpha ones. There is no reason people should be able to run through the hardest difficulty in the game and 1-shot some of the toughest enemies. I think the reduction in damage was a smart move, and I hope you don't increase it out of pressure from all these angry people.

Also, I think some DLCs adding short "episodes" in which you play other characters (mostly runners, I'd imagine) in the game, and how they got to where they are at the point that Crane first meets them in the main campaign. For instance, an episode that follows Brecken in the events leading up to securing the Tower and finding other runners and teaching them the skills they'd need, and culminating in the mission Brecken is on but fails and gets injured while Crane (the player) is doing the prologue missions. I think there's a lot of room for cool stuff there.

More than anything, though, I'd love to see additional areas of the island opened up. During the Extraction mission in the main campaign when you're ascending the two skyscrapers to face Rais, there are several moments where you can look out over Harran and the outlying regions. There's what seems to be a suburban residential neighborhood, and a crowded urban area with lots of very tall buildings. I'd love to get to those areas and explore!

I'd also like an option to trade X (let's say 3 to 5) gold weapons for 1 of my choice ... cause i'm really tired to chain loot always the same ones : loco, loco , loco, axe of titan, tribal knife, etc ...

Please, make the Steam controller work with this game!

That's it for now. :)

Edit: the Steam controller is working fine now. It was a problem of communication between Steam and the game, as the other Steam functions (Steam panel, screenshots, etc.) were not working as well. Fixed. :)

Edited by Thorcsf

I think that we should have a list of racing challenges we completed. There is no achievement for doing them all, but I want to do that anyway. And they are really hard to track.

So i have a little idea for the next dying light or its DLC. So my idea is the there are this zombies the resurrect other zombies and you have some business in the museum and theres where you meat this zombie. And this zombie resurrecta Jade (im probably not the only one who misses Jabe) and you have the cure. The cure can cure alredy turned zombos but hard. So you grab Jabe and you lock her up and give her alot of cure. So she slightly turnes human. And then Techland can continue the ques. I really miss Jade i thought she was a great character and i will be more that glad to see her again. Idk maby you will think this is a really chupacabra idea but yeah. 

Oh and another pls make main NPC to be visable in the game so you can talk to them whenever you like and maby they have side quest for you and give you advice and thoughts of your last quest.

We want more rainy weather...

I'd also love more rainy weather. More so, I'd like rainy weather to make my hands slip when climbing, but that's just me :D

So i have a little idea for the next dying light or its DLC. So my idea is the there are this zombies the resurrect other zombies and you have some business in the museum and theres where you meat this zombie. And this zombie resurrecta Jade (im probably not the only one who misses Jabe) and you have the cure. The cure can cure alredy turned zombos but hard. So you grab Jabe and you lock her up and give her alot of cure. So she slightly turnes human. And then Techland can continue the ques. I really miss Jade i thought she was a great character and i will be more that glad to see her again. Idk maby you will think this is a really chupacabra idea but yeah. 

+1 . Also want to resurrect Jade, I was very upset when she died ...Techland Team thank you very much for an interesting game, which is very much now play The Folliwing and in the houses I see posters with Jade, sadness returns on it. I hope to get it back, because not only I like it.

Dear developers. You did a great job of creating the game. I understand that you are running out time. But still worth it as it should test some mission to the possibility of their passing. I want to say that for the mission in which you need to break 25 feet in the allotted time -  i f*ck you, your family, your dog and cat, your dead grandparents, and I made a huge pile of chupacabra on your carpet. If you are not satisfied , you can buy the biggest chupacabra in the chupacabra shop and I started to continue .And a person, who offered this mission , I wish a speedy and painful death from necrotizing hemorrhoids

That's some really awesome ideas coming from this thread, big thank you to all of you!

I will try to comment on some of the ideas here, but there is a lot to go through (which is a very good thing).

We already looked in detail at implementing a hunger and thirst system into the game. In the end, we decided to not include it into the game, because it proved to detract too much from gameplay. The player has quite a lot to keep track of, even without the need to constantly look for food and water. The game will still have you scavenging and competing over air supply drops, just without having to be constantly aware of your hunger and thirst levels.

As for your co-op/multiplayer ideas, there are some really strong ideas here, keep them coming. On our side, we will be revealing more about co-op and multiplayer features in the future, stay tuned!

CESTQUOICA,

Thank you for that extensive post. Some of your ideas (or parts of them) are already present in the game (such as tangible rewards for helping NPCs in random encounters), others we will consider. And it's not an illusion, we really want to hear out the gamers' ideas. After all, we are making the game for you.

​Hey just 1 question you guys say you allredy looked in to water/food ideas but how come you say not to it beacous it take away gameplay? But why not put it like an option for players who want it? Like hard and normal and newgame play + you can just add survival. Adding water/food drain and if you get hit by zombie there is a chanse to get infected etc. Why not add eletric/fire/posion resistant zombie that only take dmg from cearten weapon. You Added water 2.0 to game why not make use of it like if you use molotow zombie start runing agens yyou and we can use 2.0 water to make them normal runing one's. add poking fun weapon ? like the Childs zelda alike weapon for crafting, water guns etc like anti-gadoid gun, Make mor option to buggy like add spilers, mor 2 flame insted of 1 diffrent bumpers,etc make zombies have a chanse to grab your foots and drag you down (thinking of pakour zombie) maybe att new take down/finnish move? Maybe add Wheel dmg on buggy like tires can brake/explode? I goot alot of ideas to inprove gameplay and i have not even start talking about online XD.

I would like to have more customization options, and to see real differences between legendary outfits and regular ones in the 1st person vision(in consoles). Examples: GRE Enforcer, Dragon Ninja outfits. Both of them are different for the other players, but in 1st person vision they are the same thing, GRE Enforcer still looks like juggernaut, and Perfect Gentleman looks like Special Agent Outfit. I want to see a difference between them, even if it's just the color. Beside from that, I wanna SEE the attachments in HeadHunter outfit in the 1st person vision (just like that case on his right leg and the chest attachments, are missing). And One more thing: STOP fixing helpful glitches(duplication, etc) and fix online glitches(Be the Zombie mode)

Edited by DarkSting378

My first thing is to say this game is great fun and a good stress releaser  when stressed just come on the game and take it out on some zombies but back to topic my idea is to add a small harpoon gun and iff can when you shoot a zombies arm of ore any limb or head if you are faceing a wall the harpoon can staple the body part to the wall or ground would be fun and you could make a game out of it thanks for reading.

Ok please read before getting too steamed... This is a post I left on STEAM and am passionate about the subject:

(ok never mind...there is no 'paste' functioning) :-(

Basically I said how disappointed those of us with limited use of hands, eyes, etc. are with Techland (again)

I had over 1000hours in DI (half that in DiRT)

Did DL 4 times (and 6 more using the 'load' feature.

We so looked forward to the Following...and then were greeted by one of the first missions..."TIMED" (OMG someone with disabilities worst nightmare) Friends that had poor vision were so happy you gave the ability to skip night.

However those of us with limited use of our hands were mortified to find a timed mission so close to the start. (3 of my friends had to ask friends with good hands to come over and do that mission for them...yes it is that bad for some of us)

I got through after about 9 tries over 2 days)

So most of the time I ran rather than drove (my style) but did drive enough to reach level 4 skill (but that was done in short driving sessions)

Finally I get the 'end of game warning' Great, no I can wrap up the game and go just explore afterward... WRONG!!!

After 2 days, 11 tries...the best I can get is from the lighthouse to a gas station just beyond the tracks...and I have to stop.

Why do you insist upon changing the game play? The game would be just as fun w/o timed missions. Normal players can still drive balls to the wall to the dam...and those of us that have to stop and let our hands rest, can do so before continuing on...

Far too many game developers completely ignore gamers with limited disabilities...and there are a lot of us. Most gave up on TL after DY. Many did not (obviously I didn't) (but then my disabilities aren't as bad as some I know)

Although I do not belong to the gamers with disabilities, I know many that do...and now TL is on the 'do not buy' list... I guess my point is...

1) on NORMAL mode, do away with "timed missions", "missions that require night missions that MUST be done to complete the game" (many of us can do night missions but as side quests)

2) At least talk to people with restrictions/disabilities. You zombie games are great, just poorly implemented for those with restricted or limited disabilities.

3) Remember many of us that have played for decades are finding hand, eye, etc. problems...want us to continue purchasing your games, take us into consideration when programming...

No doubt I'll get flamed for this, but it has to be said...we did not give up gaming because of our disabilities...game developers are pushing us away (and with age, our numbers are growing)

Climbing is great...however you need to add the ability to reverse climb...

A good example: While climbing the lighthouse in 'following' Many times I went up one hand grip too far. Trying to pin point the next ledge below is nearly impossible because of you adding in the 'one handed look around'.

If we can climb by moving forward...why can't we climb back to the next ledge down by hitting the reverse key? (which isn't used during climbing)

Removing the 'timed missions" on normal mode (see other post on this subject)

Love the game...dislike the implementation of some of it. (again see my other post on disabled players)

Agreed, there were many farms that if we could have just closed the gate...it could have been made into a safe house. Maybe even have a challenge of how many safe houses a player could make: Challenge: Safety nut..."You have created 20 safe houses"

just like in DI/DL add generators and panels...close the  gate, fire up gen, flip switch...  

Would love to see the option for "No respawning."  That would be more like the zombie apocalypse would be...I mean new zombies could be created, but only if you killed (or someone else killed) a human and didn't do a head shot.

Maybe not in a full game, but the following would have been a good time to add this option (and maybe a steam challenge chupacabra number of zombies killed) or areas cleared. If one got bored, they could always uncheck spawning option...

Unneeded things...  Airdrops? Most I know never do them unless they happen to be in the path we're taking. Just a thought. ;-)

Maybe you could add some type of new competitive type of multiplayer mode, away from "Be The Zombie". My idea is making a kind of team deathmatch multiplayer mode with a twist: You and various groups of players (At least two teams made of 4 players in each one of them) are in the same map, connected between sessions at a certain time in the game.The objective are dynamic and change a lot of times, for example: A lot of DROPs fall at certain places of the map, one at a time you and your team need to grab them, and the goodies in the box, and deposit them at a certain zone that is now the "Base" for your team. You can kill a "Carrier" of several Disaster-On-Relief packages, and you can steal them. The carrier will have low health (At least, a 20% lower than the normal bar of health, so he can be killed by firearms and easily beaten up by melee weapons) and a small speed bost while carrying them. This will mean that his partners will protect him, if not, they can lose in a matter of minutes. The team with the most captures wins. Maybe, at the middle of the game, a new objective can appear, being the reward for completing them a box of ammo, or other items that can make the difference between winning and losing.

Just an idea, and sorry if you find some grammatical errors in there.