Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Dying Light Developers.

1,990 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I was talking about this in another post, but what if Techland put in a new special daily infected that tries to rebuild the volatile nests and you have to take it down.

Edited by Uncle Ship

SPEARS: Spears are something I have wanted in Dying Light for a while, I was hoping for them to be added in The Following DLC. Alas, that did not happen. So I am requesting a spear weapon or any sort of polearm that has thrust attacks and such. When throwing them I would want them to fly like a spear and not spin like other weapons. This would please me more than anything, thank you for reading and possibly considering my idea.

Before i share my ideas, i would like to thank u Techland for giving us such a wonderful game, its truly a mindblowing game. It has no restriction in the game and we could do whatever we wanted to. Looking foward for Dying light 2.

Now heres the ideas :

B) More night zombies mutations

When the alarm snooze, the first thing that came into every players mind will surely be Volatiles. Ya, the volatiles are are truly some cool mutation. As players get more powerful, volatile became less challenging but the blue one is still pain in the a**. Good work for adding in the blue mutation . Hope to see some new mutations as powerful as the volatile and making them rivals .

B) Storyline :

The current storyline is certainly fun and challenging . But its lacking of good narratives . Im sure techland can do better .

B) Classes :

Dying light has lots of different weapon variation, so of course there are different type of players in this survival game . Some may choose to run , some may choose to shoot , some may choose to assasinate , some even may choose to cut . Maybe in the future, players may have the chance to progress in different path which differ them from other players . It would be intresting some type of weaopons are only available for certein class of players as players reach a higher level in the game.

B) Safehouse :

A Prison, certainly the best place to stay away from zombie . Hope to see it in the future titles . It would be great if players could customize their safehouse , choosing NPC to be placed in a particular safehouse . Add more ways to unclock a safehouse, make it more challenging . In the game, i always hope to build the safehouse i wanted too . Sometimes when i enter a building or a house, i'll be thinking how awesoem it would be if i can turn this into a safehouse

B) More details in weapon crafting

Collecting materials throughout the map and craft our one of a kind weapon . I would love to see guns modifications too.

Edited by Binny

So I'll start with that I love the recent patches and the following, nightmare difficulty has renewed the game for me and the legend levels are great, really appreciate that you guys gave us the option to respec the points when we see fit, too lower or raise our dmg when want to, but there's one thing thats kind of bugging me (and I hope that I'm not the only one) the "you have unspent skill points" promt could you guys add a option to disable the prompt without turning off the hud completely                                    Side Note, sorry for posting twice I thought I'd put the suggestion  here too

Would be cool if the game gets a custom game option. Just a simple and user friendly mission creator, so you can choose an area on the map and add your own zombies, weapons, items and other cool stuff. Would be so awesome and it will make the game even more re-playable :)

You guys should make S.W.A.T officers, or police officers that have armor on. which would protect them from more hits. Im not talking about like a special zombie...but just a normal walker. that would be cool.Also could you guys create more types of zombies. maybe like a special one where he comes out of the ground and attacks.so heres what I think just to make it easier. 

Ground Zombie: stealthy.

Armored Zombies: Normal walkers.

Jumping Zombies: Ones that cling to walls and attack like toads do.

Those were just some. That would make the game have more types of zombies and make it more interesting. I know that these will probably not be used, but at least someone is reading it and knows that different types would be fun. Thank you for your time.

Hey guys,

I think we finally need this in game. A bolt action sniper rifle. Or an automatic sniper rifle. The smg was a good add, but I was always a marksman. Please add a sniper rifle! Anyone agree?

First of all - thanks for this game. One of the best games i have played, i am really proud that Poland has such a good products. Many bugs, errors and shortcomings, but still this game gives me a lot fun and is very playable. Anyway i understand this. I prefer to play games like this one, many of AAA productions from West, are just next games from factory band, without heart. Thank You. My proposals - I agree with Uncle Ship about Sniper Rifle, it can be fun ;). Shame is that there is no option to see/examine complete 3d model of our weapons and ourselves with costume. But the most important and most annoying thing for me in this game is how saves works. Beside autosave i have possibility to save progress through going sleep, but - exp and items are saved but not place of spawn, it is related to actual quest. For me this is not good solution for game with big open world. When i die - its ok, but for example - if i want to do something other and i run though whole city, go sleep there and turn off the game, when i back - my spawn is on other side of the map according to quest, this is really annoying.

Hello Techland, first of all I enjoy your game a lot... except btz but still I love everything else no matter how hard you have made it to play, loved the challenge, I hope you see and take my requests for consideration for a maybe next patch, and excuse my gramma since its not my native language.

Buggy customization:

I don't know if it exist already but where are the classic dices? ok maybe they could be dice with skulls or just skulls but there is a lot of paint jobs and few decorations, Rais's hand would be awesome too, NH bubblehead, Mother bubblehead, there is a big room for ideas.

A motor boat and casual treasures on the sea:

It would be cool to dive into the sea and be able to loot on an aquatic enviroment, it would be of good use for all that space, the boat could be unlockeable on a mission.

Fast swim passive skill:

I think this skill could be of good use for sea weed looters like myself, it could be given by a survivor o learned from a book, this is an alternative if the boat its to much.

LockPick book:

A skill learned by reading or mission, that makes 5% easier to unlock hard locks.

Increase the chances to find a bitter inside a closet, this happen to me just like 2 times and was pretty cool when happened I think it would add some jump scares especially on nightmare mode.

I may sound crazy and im almost jocking but what about a casual eclipse randomly that makes virals go out for like 5 minutes?, it would be cool to watch and could make things fresh, unaware players be like "wuaaaaat?" only on nightmare mode of course.

and finally be able to make silencers, that last one clip, it could be made with plastic material.

And thats all I hope you liked my ideas keep the good work techland!.

Edited by FaustoFimbres

More ''Parkour Fever'' challenges as end-game content.

I find all the other challenges are too easy and don't offer replayability or leaderboards.

The free-running mechanics really shine in Parkour Fever and it's an adrenaline rush.

The roaming zombies add lots of atmosphere and contribute to the intensity.

More rain please. Instead of it raining for a few minutes let it rain for a half a day or something like that or if not for longer more rain events.

Also how hard would it be to create a link between The Following maps and the original two? One can traverse quite easily between slums and old Town surely you could do the same for the Following map too?

In the original game we have the quarantine zones which we can access again and again but in The Following once a hive is destroyed it's gone forever. Why not make these similar to quarantine zones so they can be visited again and again?

In any case thank you for an amazing game. I've been gaming since the 80's (yes yes I know i'm an old chupacabra) and this is one of the best I've ever played.

Please bring death match mode to consoles!!!!!

I know im not the only thinking this but implement a game mode where 2 teams spawn at different safe houses, and fight to get the air drop and bring it back to their specific base. first to 5 wins! no sharing supplies! winner take all!

Maybe for countryside just do objective based game mode, like a fight for air drop , seeing as map is pretty big for death match.

2 game types, Hardcore: equivalent to nightmare mode,but When you die wait till round is over. and one for normal where you can respawn.

Also please port over the don't drown map!

- add a Perk for fast lockpicking AND especially fast opening

- a flying rocket pack (those who have finished the strange rocks easter eggs will understand WHY WE NEED TO CATCH THOSE **** **** (censored to avoid spoiler) ** **** *** !!! )

- personnalized paintjob on car (without having to mod, as an alias or an avatar applied to the car)

- add rollerblade or quad, BMX , skateboard and pizza-scooter ! (plus the corresponding outfits!)

- more car models ?

- more undergrounds (those added in the DLC are very good, but definetely need more, more connections, more depths ... yeah i know it s dying light, not  dying depths, but ... )

And on a personnal note, i hope we'll get some military stuff / base / undergrounds / secrets places to invade in the next DLC ... soon ?

Im new to this and I haven't read all the posts. So a big thank you for this game. Brilliant it doesn't really need anything. .....well just one request, can you do another bozak quest to win a chain saw !!!

Ok so there are many different types of chainsaws.

Here's a few ideas .

.long timber chain saw. Golden I.e

.short timber chainsaw

Just a few more ideas heavy duty chain saw

Then a break down of 50cc etc

At the Begining, DL was melee only (or strongly melee oriented), and parkour caracterized.

Then came the Following, with road and off-road driving madness, and a slight rework of firearms.

So i feel like rival / friendly npc car would be fun (road wars!) ... i know its a lot of work, but it would be damn cool.

Maybe as special event, rare but implying some sort of speed race where all tricks are authorized ...

And what about motorized bandits ?

Military troops trying to investigate the quarantine zone (capturing / searching / chasing / destroying ...).

First and foremost let me thank you for Dying Light. This game is absolutely amazing! It has grabbed me in a way few games have. The level of technical and artistic skill your team has demonstrated is inspiring.

Ok... Now that my gushing is out of the way... Here is my idea.

With The Following being released I would love the ability to loot Fuel and Car Parts off of the cars in the core game of Harran. I do not know how Dying Light was constructed and would hope it would be as easy as replacing the asset in the database with the new versions of the vehicles that contain the fuel and hood searchable compartments. I understand that this request would be prohibitively complicated (and therefore expensive) if each car had to be removed from the game and replaced with a new model.  

It would, however, advertise The Following to those who do not have the expansion. They would pick up the parts and any time they pick up a new part they have not found before they get a message "This part is for use in The Following expansion" or something to that effect. 

Please make many advanced settings for the console versions of dying light I have one recommended setting its an FOV setting and maybe a weapon FOV setting too please make these settings because it seems like the FOV is so squished. Please update the game devs. 

What about dual wielding for smaller guns? Dual wielding either pistols or the SMG would be fantastic!

A BIG BUMP for this ;)

also, dual knuckles or fist-weapon would be damn cool.

PLUS i'd really like a new perk tree, RANGED ORIENTED, allowing some funny / usefull things like:

- silencer on rifle

- extended ammo capacity (carrying and magazine)

- better zoom / scope

- faster reload

- faster RoF

- etc ...

The goal isnn't to change DL in a ranged game, nor to increase ranged damage, BUT to add variety / versatility / utility / alternate use.

CAR

more buggy / car models

an option to customize paintjob without having to mod (like an alias or avatar, applied on the car, with a fixed pattern)

On a more personnal view, i'd say that DL can become a huge franchise, a sort of GTA alternative, with it's own personnality, based on zombicide and survival + RPG components and even some MMO parts (community aspect).

Call it "thru-apocalyptic Survival Parkour, Drive and Zombicide " or whatever  you want, i think (hope?) DL is here for long.

Can't wait for more DLC and sequel ...

Edited by TontonUB

Maybe you guys can add human runner enemies, I mean I'm pretty sure some bandits/rais's thugs might have learned to free run, I think it would very some of the chaser enemy's and if it could be done have rescued survivors give better rewards were it stands now they aren't really worth it to save and to add to this add normal kids to the saving pool and at the same time have more screamers spawn too I mean when I first saw the screamer I thought how cool would it be to hear a kid crying and have to debate if it's an actual kid or a zombie

Side request: could you guys also make the bandages from the rais thug outfit viewable in first person I know it's a small thing but that's kinda of why I wanted to use the outfit it's kinda of lame since your arms are really only visible so having the arm wraps would have been nice